PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pro Bowl Likely To Be Cancelled

Conley
04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Many players who will be selected during this week's NFL draft are regarded as future Pro Bowl selections, but the game itself likely will be suspended this season and beyond, according to league sources.

Beyond 2013, another league source believes the Pro Bowl is "DOA (dead on arrival)."

The next Pro Bowl is scheduled the week before the Super Bowl in New Orleans on Feb. 3, but a game site has not been listed because of its precarious status, sources added.

"No determination has been made yet about this season's game," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press in response to ESPN's report. "We have been in discussions with the union about the future of the Pro Bowl."

Per the collective bargaining agreement, the league must consult with the union on Pro Bowl matters but can unilaterally suspend the game. The league would like to have a joint consensus with the union, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7857508/nfl-moving-suspend-pro-bowl-sources-say

It's the end of an era. They send the same guys every year so a lot of them decide not to go. Then there's the idiocy when they tried to put it before the Super Bowl. Maybe it's time.

Mister D
04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Even when I was into football as a kid I rarely watched it.

Conley
04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Me too.

roadmaster
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I loved and watched every Sunday before my Dad died. We would call each other while the game was on. Never cared or watched the Pro Bowl.

Mister D
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
It just wasn't fun to watch. It meant nothing so that sapped the excitement out of it plus no one gave their all. Why would they?

Captain Obvious
04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
All it was was a vacation for players who got selected.

MMC
04-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Well lets not forget he wants to get more games into the EU too. Plus werent they talking about adding a couple more pre-season games.

MMC
04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
All it was was a vacation for players who got selected.

Yeah but it must have been nice to go to Hawaii in the Winter.

Conley
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah but it must have been nice to go to Hawaii in the Winter.

No doubt, but it probably meant more before these guys started making millions and millions every year.

MMC
04-26-2012, 09:17 PM
No doubt, but it probably meant more before these guys started making millions and millions every year.

Well didnt they let T-Bow go this year?

Conley
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yay. I think they did.

MMC
04-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yay. I think they did.

:laugh: See there then......now he can always cherish the memory. :grin: