PDA

View Full Version : Eric Holder: I Am the Attorney General but I'm Also a Black Man

Kabuki Joe
08-21-2014, 09:21 AM
...interesting...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/20/Eric-Holder-I-Am-the-Attorney-General-but-I-m-Also-a-Black-Man

Common Sense
08-21-2014, 09:22 AM
What, run out of dogs?

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 09:23 AM
...interesting...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/20/Eric-Holder-I-Am-the-Attorney-General-but-I-m-Also-a-Black-Man

From the article

"I can remember being stopped on the New Jersey turnpike on two occasions and accused of speeding. Pulled over... 'Let me search your car'... Go through the trunk of my car, look under the seats and all this kind of stuff. I remember how humiliating that was and how angry I was and the impact it had on me," he said.

He actually believes this happened because he was black. It actually just happens all the time.

del
08-21-2014, 09:25 AM
how fragile do you have to be to get humiliated by a traffic stop?

jebus

Common Sense
08-21-2014, 09:25 AM
From the article

He actually believes this happened because he was black. It actually just happens all the time.

Yeah, but it happens to black men more than anyone else. Let's at least be honest.

My black friends are pulled over so often it's become a joke. I'm never pulled over and have never once been searched.

Cigar
08-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Damed if he does and Damed if he does nothing

Cigar
08-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but it happens to black men more than anyone else. Let's at least be honest.

My black friends are pulled over so often it's become a joke. I'm never pulled over and have never once been searched.

It's a world most White People don't know or Care about.

But that's going to change.

I got Pulled Over for nothing bull shit in Hoffman Estates once ...

The Cop and his Chief was really surprised to get a phone call the following week from the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police president and Jessie White the Illinois Secretary of State.

Don't get mad, I get even ... and use your power of the mind to change attitudes.

momsapplepie
08-21-2014, 09:47 AM
If you have nothing to hide then what is the problem? People get pulled over all the time, and if you act suspicious, you and your car will be searched.

Common Sense
08-21-2014, 09:49 AM
If you have nothing to hide then what is the problem? People get pulled over all the time, and if you act suspicious, you and your car will be searched.

The point is, it happens to black men more than anyone else. Is being black and male "acting suspicious"?

I think you would find it a big deal if it was happening to you.

del
08-21-2014, 09:51 AM

nobody's searching my car without a warrant

Cigar
08-21-2014, 09:54 AM

After a while ... every where you go you get stopped ... gets tiring :rollseyes:

Like I said before, unless you've walked the walk ... what would you know?

BTW ... how many times have you been pulled over for nothing ... ?

Come on how many?

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 09:55 AM

No. There are more whites and Hispanics in the US than blacks. More whites in the US own vehicles than blacks. It does not happen more to blacks.

That may be your area. I get (or used to before my license was suspended) pulled over all the time.

Cigar
08-21-2014, 09:56 AM
nobody's searching my car without a warrant

Then you're resinting and next you're shot 8 or 10 times ...

You family is told the Cops where in fear of their lives and it's a justified shooting.

Welcome to the World of BWM ... Black While Mobile

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 09:56 AM
If you have nothing to hide then what is the problem?

That's what the government of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany also said. I thought we might want to reach a little higher with our standards than "police state" type mentality.

I used to think the United States was filled with people like Adams and Jefferson. I'm now seeing we're more like the citizens of the Soviet Union.

The Xl
08-21-2014, 10:12 AM

Such freedom
Much equality

The Xl
08-21-2014, 10:12 AM
That's what the government of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany also said. I thought we might want to reach a little higher with our standards than "police state" type mentality.

I used to think the United States was filled with people like Adams and Jefferson. I'm now seeing we're more like the citizens of the Soviet Union.

Yeah.

And you see this sort of rhetoric coming from "small government" conservative types.

Scary age we live in.

Common Sense
08-21-2014, 10:24 AM
No. There are more whites and Hispanics in the US than blacks. More whites in the US own vehicles than blacks. It does not happen more to blacks.

That may be your area. I get (or used to before my license was suspended) pulled over all the time.

I'm sorry, but you're unaware of the facts. Yes, more whites are pulled over in total, but blacks are pulled over at a disproportionate rate.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/ku-study-find-blacks-more-often-pulled-over-than-whites/24704134#!bHtgec

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18383182/ns/us_news-life/t/black-latino-drivers-fare-worse-traffic-stops/

http://www.chron.com/cars/article/More-black-motorists-pulled-over-according-to-1691304.php

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/cdsp02.txt

It's just a fact. I don't know why you would dispute it.

Cigar
08-21-2014, 10:29 AM

I have a question, how many times have you been pulled over for what you believe was for nothing at all?

How many times?

Captain Obvious
08-21-2014, 10:30 AM
http://e08595.medialib.glogster.com/michaelhoskins/media/04/04c999ba8ffa2daef7776cbfa737dd585dbb60a8/tumblr-lr23rh20nx1qd583yo1-500.png

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Yeah.

And you see this sort of rhetoric coming from "small government" conservative types.

Scary age we live in.

When they say small government they mean they don't want tax dollars to go to welfare.

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 10:45 AM
I have a question, how many times have you been pulled over for what you believe was for nothing at all?

Every time?

How many times?

Countless.

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, but you're unaware of the facts. Yes, more whites are pulled over in total, but blacks are pulled over at a disproportionate rate.

Stop right there. I said that more white are pulled over. End of story. I don't do proportions. Proportions are the devil's playhouse.

Proportionately blacks commit more crimes, right? So in people's minds blacks are more prone to criminality--see how that works?

It's just a fact. I don't know why you would dispute it.

No, the fact is that whites get pulled over more because there are more of us.

Captain Obvious
08-21-2014, 10:51 AM
How come none of our black government types elected or appointed look anything like biggie smalls or whatnot?

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 10:53 AM
How come none of our black government types elected or appointed look anything like biggie smalls or whatnot?

We are fat prejudice.

Common Sense
08-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Stop right there. I said that more white are pulled over. End of story. I don't do proportions. Proportions are the devil's playhouse.

Proportionately blacks commit more crimes, right? So in people's minds blacks are more prone to criminality--see how that works?

No, the fact is that whites get pulled over more because there are more of us.

So you don't see it as a problem that blacks are pulled over at a higher rate than whites? Ok...but don't be shocked when you hear animosity towards cops from the black community.

Alyosha
08-21-2014, 10:57 AM
So you don't see it as a problem that blacks are pulled over at a higher rate than whites? Ok...but don't be shocked when you hear animosity towards cops from the black community.

They are not pulled over more than whites. Proportional can kiss my ass. It is propaganda words. This is a problem with police procedure that if you fix that it won't matter the color of the person.

Common Sense
08-21-2014, 11:01 AM
They are not pulled over more than whites. Proportional can kiss my ass. It is propaganda words. This is a problem with police procedure that if you fix that it won't matter the color of the person.

If you want to ignore a reality...be my guest.

momsapplepie
08-21-2014, 07:22 PM
After a while ... every where you go you get stopped ... gets tiring :rollseyes:

Like I said before, unless you've walked the walk ... what would you know?

BTW ... how many times have you been pulled over for nothing ... ?

Come on how many?

3x in one hour. That's happened to me twice. Are you happy? Does that make you feel better? So yes, people get stopped all the time.

The Xl
08-21-2014, 07:25 PM

Proportionality has meaning. You're kidding yourself if you don't think so. It might not be the end all be all, but it has meaning.

Redrose
08-21-2014, 07:55 PM
The point is, it happens to black men more than anyone else. Is being black and male "acting suspicious"?

I think you would find it a big deal if it was happening to you.

It did happen to me and my husband and three year old daughter. We were stopped at a road block in upstate NY. Troopers and Feds surrounded our little brown Dodge Demon with a black vinyl roof. Guns drawn, shotguns pointed right at us not more than five feet away. We were order to exit the car. They threw my husband on the car hood frisked him, when they saw he had a gun on him we were told to lie face down on the road. A trooper took my baby out of my arms crying. We were like that for only a few minutes but it seemed like an hour. My husband tried to tell them he was a NYC police officer but was told to shut up.
When they saw his badge and ID in his wallet we were told to get up, get in the car and go. I got my daughter, and we left, very shaken. We learned later on that day, we fit the description of a couple with a child who had just robbed a bank and shot a teller.

That was that. If you fit the description, you're going to get stopped.

This may sound racist but it's not meant to be. Almost all Black men have black hair, curly, some long, some short, some razor cuts, some with dreadlocks. They have dark brown eyes usually. Their skin is brown, some darker than others. When a person is identified as a "Blackman, dark hair, dark eyes" a lot of black men will fit that description and more Blacks will be stopped. White men can have a more varied assortment of hair, eye and skin colors. Brown, black, blond, red, straight, curly, light skinned, dark, etc.
If the description is a short white guy, red hair, light skinned with freckles, they won't stop 6'4" Michael Brown.

Two of my grandsons are Black. I worry about them in this world. There are more decent, honest hardworking Black families than not. But the stereotype causes some people to prejudge all Blacks. I judge people as individuals, but many people don't. A decent, hardworking, honest Blackman has an uphill battle trying to keep that stereotype from hurting him. The Black civil rights leaders don't help the situation. They fan the flames of racism to keep themselves relevant.

Codename Section
08-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Proportionality has meaning. You're kidding yourself if you don't think so. It might not be the end all be all, but it has meaning.

So if blacks are proportionately a bigger population on welfare does it still have meaning?

Cthulhu
08-22-2014, 09:16 PM
If you have nothing to hide then what is the problem?

You just don't get it do you?

People get pulled over all the time, and if you act suspicious, you and your car will be searched.

With the protocols being put out, being normal is suspicious. Why is it you think the natural rights, or even those enumerated by the constitution are worthless?

Zombie!