PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs Begin Today

Conley
04-28-2012, 09:20 AM
NBA Playoffs tip today:

http://www.wrapupp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ACTUAL-NBA-Playoff-Bracket-Blank.png

http://espn.go.com/nba/bracket/_/year/2012

MMC
04-28-2012, 09:38 AM
I thought the Bulls already started with Indiana?

Conley
04-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Nope, they start today.

MMC
04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Ah, I must have misunderstood my son then. Bulls might have been finishing up the season with Indiana.

Conley
04-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Yep, I think they had already clinched the 1 spot then.

MMC
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Did you see what I had asked you before about Rose and when that guy gives interviews. He talks all about his passion and energy for the game. It just tends to come out like he is a slow moving ameoba or snail. I know he is the star and all. But please.....talk to a Veteran of the Team or game.

I swear he takes longer than Sam Shepard to say one single sentence. :laugh:

Vilifier of Zombies
04-28-2012, 10:15 AM
The Spurs have been playing well lately - I think their bench just beatdown the starters from the Suns and the Warriors handedly - which has got to do a lot for their confidence...(I know, it's the Suns and the Warriors - a good high school team probably could've beat the Suns or the Warriors).

Conley
04-28-2012, 10:32 AM
The Spurs have been playing well lately - I think their bench just beatdown the starters from the Suns and the Warriors handedly - which has got to do a lot for their confidence...(I know, it's the Suns and the Warriors - a good high school team probably could've beat the Suns or the Warriors).

Yeah, San Antonio is just an impressive organization top to bottom. Speaking of the Suns, I wonder if Nash will end up with the Heat next year. That would make those bozos getting a ring more palatable for me.

Conley
04-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Did you see what I had asked you before about Rose and when that guy gives interviews. He talks all about his passion and energy for the game. It just tends to come out like he is a slow moving ameoba or snail. I know he is the star and all. But please.....talk to a Veteran of the Team or game.

I swear he takes longer than Sam Shepard to say one single sentence. :laugh:

:laugh: Like Sam Perkins, king of the spliff?

I did see your post and replied to it, BTW. Maybe you didn't see it.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Yeah, San Antonio is just an impressive organization top to bottom. Speaking of the Suns, I wonder if Nash will end up with the Heat next year. That would make those bozos getting a ring more palatable for me.

I think that's the goal - a dream team within the NBA - it's great that it's in Miami - where there's absolutely NO distractions whatsoever for a professional athlete.

MMC
04-28-2012, 10:43 AM
:laugh: Like Sam Perkins, king of the spliff?

I did see your post and replied to it, BTW. Maybe you didn't see it.

Actually, I don't see any from out west being able to handle the Bulls. Now Miami.....thats another story.

Yeah, I went back and saw that ya did.

Conley
04-28-2012, 10:43 AM
I think that's the goal - a dream team within the NBA - it's great that it's in Miami - where there's absolutely NO distractions whatsoever for a professional athlete.

:laugh: Yes, no distractions and that arena is always packed with their many die hard fans. They're like the Yankees or Red Sox with the rich tradition and passing of allegiance from fathers to sons.

Besides, what else are people going to do in Miami? It's either go to watch King James or be in bed by 10 o'clock.

Conley
04-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Actually, I don't see any from out west being able to handle the Bulls. Now Miami.....thats another story.

I just hope Chicago will be healthy.

MMC
04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah.....if Rose goes down. So to the Bulls. Thats the problem I see.

BlackAsCoal
04-28-2012, 11:05 AM

I don't think the Bulls will make it out of the East. These are the playoffs and they'll have to have a 100% healthy Rose and it doesn't look like he will be..

Conley
04-28-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't think the Bulls will make it out of the East. These are the playoffs and they'll have to have a 100% healthy Rose and it doesn't look like he will be..

Yep, it's too bad - he is such a fun player to watch.

MMC
04-28-2012, 11:11 AM

Yeah, I think they will roll thru everybody else in the East then run into Miami. Then some hard fouls on Rose. Pretty much takes them out of the box. But if they do get by Miami. I still don't think any in the West can beat them. Bulls do have the Lakers number.

Conley
04-28-2012, 11:13 AM
The Lakers window has closed IMO. I just don't see it happening.

BlackAsCoal
04-28-2012, 11:49 AM
The Lakers window has closed IMO. I just don't see it happening.

I agree with that.

Expect major changes there next season.

BlackAsCoal
04-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I think they will roll thru everybody else in the East then run into Miami. Then some hard fouls on Rose. Pretty much takes them out of the box. But if they do get by Miami. I still don't think any in the West can beat them. Bulls do have the Lakers number.

OKC can beat the Bulls.

San Antonio can beat the Bulls.

These are the playoffs and that best record thing is meaningless.

Conley
04-28-2012, 11:55 AM
I think the regular season is more meaningless in the NBA than in any other pro sport. I'm looking forward to the playoffs more this year because it really does seem a lot more wide open.

Conley
04-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Rip is killing it.

BlackAsCoal
04-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Rip is killing it.

I thought he left that moniker in Detroit.

Now they call him Rick Hamilton.

Conley
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I thought he left that moniker in Detroit.

Now they call him Rick Hamilton.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. I still see and hear him called Rip.

MMC
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
OKC can beat the Bulls.

San Antonio can beat the Bulls.

These are the playoffs and that best record thing is meaningless.

I know with the record. I was looking at how many points the Bulls produce off the Bench. As opposed to any out west. SA will have to play the inside. Which also leads them into foul trouble.

Conley
04-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Well so much the Bulls and Rose's knee.

MMC
04-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Well so much the Bulls and Rose's knee.

Now I understand what you are talking about. :laugh: 1:10 second left in the game too. Well there goes the Bulls chances. Althought in talking to some people at work. They pointed out about how Rose has been injured much of this year. That the good news is that the Bulls have learned how to play and win without him. Thats every win now.....will truly be a team effort.

Like they did with this first game. Still I was like yeah but a Team like Miami will be able to hard press. Which will limit the Bulls bench players from scorning as much. So soon both hockey and BeBall will be done.....then I say Are ya Ready For Some Football.

Conley
04-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Looks like I accidentally a word :wink:

Yes, the Bulls are used to winning without Rose, but I don't think they can win a championship without him. It's too bad, I'm beginning to think he's going to be one of those injury cursed players.

MMC
04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Looks like I accidentally a word :wink:

Yes, the Bulls are used to winning without Rose, but I don't think they can win a championship without him. It's too bad, I'm beginning to think he's going to be one of those injury cursed players.

Never a Jordon did I thnk he was.....nor anything close to it. I think the Bulls should trade him while he is hot. Go after another rookie that has some size to him. Keep most of the rest and improve offensively. Bulls defense is not bad.

Conley
04-30-2012, 08:44 AM
I can't believe I turned off the Clippers game - they came back from 27 down in the 4th quarter to win it. :angry: I just found out!

Vilifier of Zombies
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Parker looked good against the Jazz last night - Spurs won their playoff opener which is a relief after the last four or five years...

Conley
04-30-2012, 08:50 AM
No doubt, I didn't watch much of that game because it never seemed close but his stat line was great.

MMC
04-30-2012, 09:07 AM
I can't believe I turned off the Clippers game - they came back from 27 down in the 4th quarter to win it. :angry: I just found out!

Yep, I heard that this morning. Many turned off that game. Getting back to the Bulls the guys at work last night said they 19 and 8 without Rose and that they had beat the top teams in the league without him. Which I came back with well they werent playoffs. Plus they lost to some of the worst teams with him being out to. Granted only by a couple of points. Still a loss is a loss.

Conley
04-30-2012, 11:15 AM
The Bulls can beat anyone without Rose on a given night, but in a 7 game playoff series it's going to be hard against good competition.

MMC
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I think I meant that when I told those guys. Those games werent the playoffs.

Conley
05-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Anyone following the playoffs and/or fan of Office Space

http://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-1l7y7l.gif

:laugh:

Conley
05-01-2012, 11:01 PM
"He didn't haul off and punch the glass; he hit it out of frustration," a person who witnessed Stoudemire hitting the glass surrounding the fire extinguisher told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard. "He kind of slapped it, but with a closed fist. He said he thought it was plastic instead of glass.

"Half of his hand was just hanging off. It was really bad. Blood was just squirting out. That's why they had the paramedics come in, because they thought he might have punctured an artery because of how much blood was coming out."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7878302/2012-nba-playoffs-new-york-knicks-amare-stoudemire-miss-game-3-miami-heat

http://blackwaterdog.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/homer-simpson-doh.gif?w=290

MMC
05-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Bulls got creamed last night.....well they did alright the first half. Then Philly came out and shot 68% in the 3rd. You know it's bad when Noah leads all scorers'. Bulls are toast. Its like I said any team that hard presses them, you can take off a quarter of the usual points.

I don't know what that BS was with letting Rose give out the Game Ball. Leg all in a Brace. I was like go take a seat and please, whatever you do. Don't talk! :angry:

Conley
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
:laugh: Ouch, no love for Rose. Yeah, it was an ugly game. Hopefully the Bulls can come back next year and win the East. Wade is getting up there in age for the Heat too. Always next year, I know this as a Charger fan. :cry:

MMC
05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
:laugh: Hey don't blame me.....it was the Owners that thought Rose was the shiznit. Guess (Boozer).....really was, huh? :grin: :evil:

BlackAsCoal
05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
:laugh: Hey don't blame me.....it was the Owners that thought Rose was the shiznit. Guess (Boozer).....really was, huh? :grin: :evil:

Rose is the sh-it .. Boozer plays second fiddle.

Blame the owners for the cramped season which has taken its toll on the players.

MMC
05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Rose is the sh-it .. Boozer plays second fiddle.

Blame the owners for the cramped season which has taken its toll on the players.

Ah.....IMO Rose is to little and to prone to injury. I say the Bulls should trade him for a bigger guard while bringing in some other talent.

Yeah.....hence my innuedo about boozer playing like a boozer. :grin:

Conley
05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
He is a little guy, no doubt. He might have to change his playing style to stay on the court.

BlackAsCoal
05-02-2012, 06:12 PM
He is a little guy, no doubt. He might have to change his playing style to stay on the court.

Isiah Thomas

Allen Iverson

I think Rose is bigger than both of them .. both of whom had long careers when the league was physically tougher.

The blame for the bearkdowns lies in large part with the schedule they're playing. No rest for the bodies, not even adequate time for practice.

Trade Rose at your own peril .. we'll give you two Joe Johnson's for him.

Conley
05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Isiah Thomas

Allen Iverson

I think Rose is bigger than both of them .. both of whom had long careers when the league was physically tougher.

The blame for the bearkdowns lies in large part with the schedule they're playing. No rest for the bodies, not even adequate time for practice.

Trade Rose at your own peril .. we'll give you two Joe Johnson's for him.

But Rose has had injury problems before this year, no? Some guys are just injury prone regardless of size. Size doesn't matter if that's the case, just ask Greg Oden.

BlackAsCoal
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
But Rose has had injury problems before this year, no? Some guys are just injury prone regardless of size. Size doesn't matter if that's the case, just ask Greg Oden.

:0) Excellent point.

Conley
05-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Bringing up Greg Oden was kind of a low blow though. :(

I do think the season this year has contributed. I think the season is too long in normal years too, especially when you consider the length of the playoffs.

MMC
05-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Bulls lose game 3.....

PHILADELPHIA (AP) With one misstep, Joakim Noah crashed down on his side and clutched his sprained left ankle. Already reeling without Derrick Rose, the top-seeded Chicago Bulls now hold their breath waiting on Noah's fate for the rest of the first-round series.....snip~

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/76ers-tops-bulls-79-74-025718773--nba.html

Plus now they might have lost Noah.

Conley
05-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Great game with Indiana and Miami...getting physical, one point game in the fourth quarter.

Conley
05-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Lakers looked pitiful last night, but Oklahoma City - San Antonio is going to be one heck of a series! Can't wait.

MMC
05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I havent even been watching nor looking up scores. Good thing hockey is on tonight. :grin:

Conley
05-23-2012, 09:52 PM
While you were watching hockey I had the basketball on in the background while I worked...Philly beats Boston to force Game 7. Allen Iverson brought out the game ball, it was kind of sad. Guess it's not a surprise he's fallen on hard times.

MMC
05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah I was wondering what ya was up to.

Conley
05-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Game Six Indiana - Miami in half an hour - that's going to be a brawl.

MMC
05-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Game Six Indiana - Miami in half an hour - that's going to be a brawl.

I see Miami's Co-Captian won't be playing. Think it will matter?

Conley
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
I see Miami's Co-Captian won't be playing. Think it will matter?

Yup because their front court is already thin with Bosh being hurt. I think it will go 7. Hope so.

Conley
05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Indy down 8 with 6 min left...not looking good for my Pacers :sad:

Conley
05-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Miami Wins :punchballs:

MMC
05-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I thought Indy might have had a chance. Guess not.

Conley
05-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I thought Indy might have had a chance. Guess not.

I said they did...always bet against me! :laugh:

MMC
05-24-2012, 10:40 PM
I will remember that for football. :evil:

Conley
05-24-2012, 10:47 PM
I will remember that for football. :evil:

Seriously, you'll be rolling in cash. :laugh:

MMC
05-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Seriously, you'll be rolling in cash. :laugh:

Nah.....I would end up betting it all on like Da Bears Playing the Colts thinking it is a sure win. Only to have Cutler shows us why we will never win a Superbowl with him. :laugh:

Conley
06-09-2012, 09:34 PM
All tied up going into the 4th quarter of Game 7 in Miami!

MMC
06-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Whos Up?

Conley
06-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Miami blowing them out now...not going to be an exciting ending unfortunately. :(

MMC
06-09-2012, 10:11 PM
So Miami and OC.....for the Championship.

Conley
06-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Yep, I am all about OKC now, Roll Thunder!

MMC
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah my youngest wasn't to happy. He thought Boston would win it.

Conley
06-09-2012, 11:05 PM
I wanted Bos to win but once they blew it on their home court in game 6 I thought they were done. Heat weren't going to lose two in a row at home.

Conley
06-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Game 2 of the NBA Finals tipping in a few...GO OKC!

MMC
06-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah my step-son is waiting on it. He wants to OC to win it. Me I just want them to get it over. Looks Like the papers will be late tonight. :angry:

Conley
06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Not a good start for our boys...but it's early.

MMC
06-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah Miami up by 11, I would say is not a good start.

Conley
06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
:laugh: It only got worse :(

MMC
06-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Heard Miami won again. Looks Lebron will get his ring afterall.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 08:12 AM
I wanted OKC to win, but you have to say this is a really good Finals.

RollingWave
06-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Well now at least Lebron gets that monkey off his back and the idiots back and Clevland and eat crow...

Lebron has a lot in common with A-rod in many sense no.... both mocked for being unlclutched and overpaid but in the end both won titles and a shite load of personal awards and shatter records left and right

Conley
06-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Lebron has been completely off the charts. I always thought the talk of him choking was silly, but after these finals and the ring I think he is already a top 25 player of all time. He fills up a stat line like no one's business...don't know what he is averaging now but I think he had a tripple double in game 4 and was getting 30 pts / 10 rbs a game in the Finals! Sick.

Conley
06-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Well now at least Lebron gets that monkey off his back and the idiots back and Clevland and eat crow...

Lebron has a lot in common with A-rod in many sense no.... both mocked for being unlclutched and overpaid but in the end both won titles and a shite load of personal awards and shatter records left and right

Miami learned from the Yankees...money buys championships. :wink: ARod couldn't have won it in Seattle or Texas and Lebron couldn't do it in Cleveland. It's a lot easier to get that jewelry when you're on an all-star team. :p

MMC
06-22-2012, 01:38 AM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Q5WnkI3XSldAfzmIUgXWYA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/photo_1340340610361-1-0.jpg

Miami Heat are the World Champs and LeBron has his first ring.....

No longer is James haunted by his demons. He embraces these moments now, and as the final seconds ticked off the clock late Thursday, James was finally free of the burden he had carried for so long. Finally, the world could call him a champion.

James had walked off the court a few minutes earlier, the Miami Heat's 121-106 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder long since secure. He dominated these NBA Finals, and he saved his best for last with a 26-point, 13-assist, 11-rebound triple-double performance. James hugged his teammates and coaches, screamed and waved his arms. No more doubts. He owned his elusive title.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/nba--lebron-james-captures-his-first-championship-as-heat-win-nba-finals.html

RollingWave
06-22-2012, 05:03 AM
Miami learned from the Yankees...money buys championships. :wink: ARod couldn't have won it in Seattle or Texas and Lebron couldn't do it in Cleveland. It's a lot easier to get that jewelry when you're on an all-star team. :p

Yeah, and in baseball especially the impact of 1 player (espeically a position player) in the context of the season is pretty limited, the greatest stars rarely create more value than the biggest black holes decrease from it :P

Baseball's kinda annoying in that in the playoffs pitchers play a much bigger role... or rather that individual pitching performances, plenty of really good pitchers sucked in the playoffs while more than a few journeymen hasbeen / neverwas somehow had one really fluky awesome hotstreak in the post season and that's the ring.

It's a lot harder to luck it in basketball though. which can be seen in the general seperation of win % between the best and worst teams in the regular season, the best NBA teams routinely win over 70%, while the worst often play in the 20% range, meanwhile baseball teams over 60% are almost surely division leaders, while even the worst teams rarely go below 40% win that much.

Cigar
06-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Maybe the James haters can go back to hating The President.

LeBron is a Basketball Player, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.

Enjoy the Game or watch something else.

MMC
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Maybe the James haters can go back to hating The President.

LeBron is a Basketball Player, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.

Enjoy the Game or watch something else.

I don't know if Kobe hates the Prez.....but he really is not to fond of Lebron. But hey at least he learned to give lebron that respect. Thats what counts!

RollingWave
06-23-2012, 01:15 AM
speaking of Kobe and A-rod.. this commercial always makes me laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DewN99MIQ