PDA

View Full Version : huh?

PolWatch
08-29-2014, 02:23 PM
I am still trying to learn my around the forum. While looking at who is online I noticed Bingbot (?) Spider & Baidu (?) Spider. Are these actual posters or some sort of compter code?

Don
08-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Search engine robots. They can read and then try to match ads to what people post about. The most important thing they can do is "index" forums and they are getting better and better at it. It doesn't take long now for people to "google" a subject and get brought right to these forums if people had been posting about those subjects.

PolWatch
08-29-2014, 02:36 PM
That explains why those listings were so frequent! In case you can't guess, I'm doing good to turn on the computer.

Chris
08-29-2014, 02:37 PM
^^That.

Yea, post a topic here and minutes later you can google it.

Don
08-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Just be careful what you post. It could make you famous, or infamous.:smiley:

PolWatch
08-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Just be careful what you post. It could make you famous, or infamous.:smiley:

frightening idea....

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 02:55 PM
I am still trying to learn my around the forum. While looking at who is online I noticed Bingbot (?) Spider & Baidu (?) Spider. Are these actual posters or some sort of compter code?

Right those are all bots. The Baidu spider is from China. Some of the others are from Google and other large search engines.

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 02:56 PM
That is one reason we move blatantly racist threads into the Hole. The StormFront crowd shows up fast thinking a party started.

The Sage of Main Street
08-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Right those are all bots. The Baidu spider is from China. Some of the others are from Google and other large search engines. Hey, Baidu, tell your bosses to annex the oil of the Brunei and Indonesian jihadis! Also to pay Chinese students for their grades and teach America a lesson for its unfunded mandate to its youth. Third, brain drain the USA, where smart people are considered to be weirdos and losers. Offer High IQs beautiful and easy to get along with Chinese women when they're lucky to get any date at all here.