PDA

View Full Version : I am NEW

DoubleTap
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
I had no luck in posting a thread using Internet Explorer so will try this with Mozilla before I waste anymore time typing something that disappears.

OK, it worked with Firefox. I am new to political forums. I was invited by a good friend to join the "Congress" a couple months ago. I learned a couple days ago on that Forum a Professional woman does not disagree with the administrator or they disappear. I was invited to this forum by my good friend, Tinkerbell and I do hope to see some of my other new found friends here. Time will tell but hopefully a person on this forum will not be censored strictly because of an opposing view.

Mister D
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I see it! Welcome!

Conley
05-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome DoubleTap! Great to see you here, and as you'll find we're not big on censorship at all.

Alias
05-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Hey, there. Are you near Cody, Wyoming? I love that area and spent a lot of time there.

MMC
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4865859189475056&id=a6fde3315aa65e79b84550f5dcb4d6e1&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.presentermedia.com%2ffiles%2f clipart%2f00001000%2f1416%2fwelcome_mat_door_md_wm .jpg

Greetings DoubleTap.....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant! :yo2:

tinkerbell
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
DP!!! Welcome!!! I am no good with this forum format but am trying. So Glad to see you; :)

DoubleTap
05-02-2012, 03:55 PM
DP!!! Welcome!!! I am no good with this forum format but am trying. So Glad to see you; :)

:grin: Tink, I am glad we were able to hook up. I was worried for a bit. Thank you for finding us another "home on the range" !! Hopefully some of our friends will show up also.

Conley
05-02-2012, 03:59 PM

Nah, you're doing great. :grin:

annata
05-02-2012, 04:00 PM
hi ! this is a good forum, hope you enjoy your time here. welcome DT !!

Alias
05-02-2012, 04:01 PM
:grin: Tink, I am glad we were able to hook up. I was worried for a bit. Thank you for finding us another "home on the range" !! Hopefully some of our friends will show up also.

The more the merrier. I like a forum where you can take a break and come back and a couple hundred posts are new.

Chris
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Welcome DoubleTap! There are a number of Congressional censorship refugees here. Look forward to hearing your opinions.

ramone
05-02-2012, 04:23 PM

Most of your real friends are probably here already. Any friend of Tink's is a friend of mine. Welcome to your new home. :)

DoubleTap
05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Well, thank you all for the nice welcome mat being extended. I have only been on one political forum and that turned out to be more like a "dictatorship" run by some gal who can't take the heat when she is confronted about her beliefs. It was easier for her to just delete me than debate me so here I am. I'll try to be nice. I am so happy to be re-connected with my very good friend, Tinkerbell.:grin:

Alias
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Well, thank you all for the nice welcome mat being extended. I have only been on one political forum and that turned out to be more like a "dictatorship" run by some gal who can't take the heat when she is confronted about her beliefs. It was easier for her to just delete me than debate me so here I am. I'll try to be nice. I am so happy to be re-connected with my very good friend, Tinkerbell.:grin:

Is your avatar a pic of you? Whoever it is, that is a beautiful looking sweet young lady.

Mister D
05-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Welcome DoubleTap! There are a number of Congressional censorship refugees here. Look forward to hearing your opinions.

:laugh: Yeah, there are. Maybe 20% of us.

MMC
05-02-2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2OM7HEfrs

20% Still sounds like a Free For All.....Oooops was I not suppose to play this. :evil: :laugh:

tinkerbell
05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I just told Urb where you are, Peter is on here as well. Pls be patient with my slowness here, I'm not good with the computer and this board is a little more complicated. There are some very good people here, some I've been in contact with for over four years. :)

MMC
05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
If any are having trouble navigating the site please let us know. There are several ways to stay up with current posts and or threads. :smiley:

DoubleTap
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I just told Urb where you are, Peter is on here as well. Pls be patient with my slowness here, I'm not good with the computer and this board is a little more complicated. There are some very good people here, some I've been in contact with for over four years. :)

Great, it will be nice to see Urb here also. He is funny.

DoubleTap
05-02-2012, 09:36 PM

I am at the correct place then. If you say something derogatory about Dion on Congress you get an immediate PM from the Admin gal telling you to lay off. If you say something derogatory or challenging to the gal Admin you get deleted forever. he he I am glad to be here away from the censorship of that place.

wingrider
05-02-2012, 11:42 PM
well hello !! I am in Colorado so welcome neighbor.. this place is pretty laid back and the moderation is pretty lax, but we do expect posters to be adults, and monitor their own responses, now sometimes mind you I slip up and post an off color joke but hey its all good ya know.. I like your avatar. reminds me of a younger Bo Derek.. any way welcome aboard hope you enjoy your stay.

gophangover
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I had no luck in posting a thread using Internet Explorer so will try this with Mozilla before I waste anymore time typing something that disappears.

OK, it worked with Firefox. I am new to political forums. I was invited by a good friend to join the "Congress" a couple months ago. I learned a couple days ago on that Forum a Professional woman does not disagree with the administrator or they disappear. I was invited to this forum by my good friend, Tinkerbell and I do hope to see some of my other new found friends here. Time will tell but hopefully a person on this forum will not be censored strictly because of an opposing view.

MMM! Another pretty face, cool.

wingrider
05-03-2012, 11:02 PM
is it absolutly necessary to for members to trash each other on the open forum like this.. if you all want to spew the trash please take it to the appropriate room or do it in PMs newcomers and others visiting the forum don't need to see kindergarten behavior .. thanks

DoubleTap
05-03-2012, 11:37 PM
is it absolutly necessary to for members to trash each other on the open forum like this.. if you all want to spew the trash please take it to the appropriate room or do it in PMs newcomers and others visiting the forum don't need to see kindergarten behavior .. thanks

Thank you Wingrider, I was thinking the same thing. Had no idea my introduction thread would turn into such a blasting. Here is something for you.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeCr npJTJiuU&ei=nlqjT9-vB4H48wTb0IlE&usg=AFQjCNEJxWUSFZxIpXMG0z6MhDF2TAqjow

Conley
05-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Welcome DoubleTap. I did a little housekeeping in this thread to tidy up. I know Tinkerbell well and am glad she has brought you on board!

MMC
05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Happens to the Best of us D-Tap. When I first came here the Owner of that Site dropped on by here to. Didnt bring any baggage with him. Plus he always felt like I did concerning Intro Threads. Just not the place for it.

wingrider
05-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Thank you Wingrider, I was thinking the same thing. Had no idea my introduction thread would turn into such a blasting. Here is something for you.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeCr npJTJiuU&ei=nlqjT9-vB4H48wTb0IlE&usg=AFQjCNEJxWUSFZxIpXMG0z6MhDF2TAqjow thanks I love that song... right out of my era.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey DT, welcome. Where at in WY? I spent some time in Douglas a few summers ago.

DoubleTap
05-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey DT, welcome. Where at in WY? I spent some time in Douglas a few summers ago.

I live near Saratoga. My Grandfather and Father have ranches in the Saratoga area, large ones, and also up in Montana.

Conley
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I've got an uncle next to Flathead Lake (Polson) up in MT.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I live near Saratoga. My Grandfather and Father have ranches in the Saratoga area, large ones, and also up in Montana.

I used to fly into Casper every week. Turbo prop, it was actually more like the demon drop.

DoubleTap
05-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I used to fly into Casper every week. Turbo prop, it was actually more like the demon drop.

I think I saw you. :grin:

DoubleTap
05-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I've got an uncle next to Flathead Lake (Polson) up in MT. My Grandfather's ranch is near Absarokee which is south and west of Billings. The Stillwater River runs out of the Beartooth Wilderrness and through the ranch. I guess you could say, "A River runs through it". No movie rights however. :grin:

Conley
05-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Beautiful country up there, no doubt about it. I need to get up there and visit again but it's a long drive from San Diego.

HogRancher
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
It's truly beautiful country.

Stoney
05-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Welcome from another ex-Congress member.

DoubleTap
05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Welcome from another ex-Congress member.

Great, you must have also "seen the light" and the censorship.

Alias
05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
My Grandfather's ranch is near Absarokee which is south and west of Billings. The Stillwater River runs out of the Beartooth Wilderrness and through the ranch. I guess you could say, "A River runs through it". No movie rights however. :grin:

I know right where that's at. I'm in Northeastern Washington, north of Spokane.