PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry Announcing

Conley
08-09-2011, 11:27 AM
So what do you guys think of him? I don't know anything about him, other than that he's from Texas. I believe he's a moderate. Would he be good for the country? I'm not sold on Romney or Bachmann.

Mister D
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
So what do you guys think of him? I don't know anything about him, other than that he's from Texas. I believe he's a moderate. Would he be good for the country? I'm not sold on Romney or Bachmann.

I've heard the name but I don't know much about him. I like Texans though. 8)

Conley
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Wow...just read he was a Dem until 1989. Served under Richards and Bush.

"Perry supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic presidential primaries as chairman of the Gore campaign in Texas."

:o :o :o

But to be clear, he did not support Gore in 2000.

Mister D
08-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Wow...just read he was a Dem until 1989. Served under Richards and Bush.

"Perry supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic presidential primaries as chairman of the Gore campaign in Texas."

:o :o :o

But to be clear, he did not support Gore in 2000.

Could be a good thing. He might be a man of principle. Or he might be an ooportunist. I just don't know enough about him yet. But I do like Texans.

Conley
08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
:D

You keep saying that...why do you like Texans so much? ;D

MMC
08-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Perry is a Neo-Con..... enuff said.

Conley
08-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Perry is a Neo-Con..... enuff said.

Really?

:(

I was just reading about some of his religious issues...seems he went to the same church as Bush and feels strongly that intelligent design should be taught in schools. I have no problem with men of faith but why must it be so in-your-face? Same issue I have with some homosexuals, race rights, and other issues...just respect my rights and I'll respect yours. Don't be obnoxious about it. To be clear I am all for gay rights, racial equality, religious tolerance, etc. just wish those people didn't see an imagined boogeyman around every corner. Chill out and STFU. O0

Juggernaut
08-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Romney is ranked 47 out of 50 in job creating states. Perry was the number one producer of jobs and Texas out produced all states combined, PA excluded. Beats the hell out of Obama. So what he's neocon, Obama has neocon traits as did JFK. Neocon isn't always a bad thing, hell Romney is a neocon by proxy of kissing liberal asses with weak bills that cost MA millions. Reagan too and we all know Reagan grew the economy, jobs, got blacks back into the work force and he grew IRS receipts by over 80%. Despite Reagan's mistakes, he did far better than Jimmy Carter and even Obama aka Carter 2.0. O0

Perry vs. Obama, I'll take Perry any day because the rest don't have the money or experience or they aren't favored by conservatives and independent. Obama created less than 3 million jobs spending a trillion dollars after you factor in the interest. Perry created nearly a million jobs over longer time period for far less by deregulating and getting big gov out of Texan's faces.

Video from my other Perry Thread http://video.foxnews.com/v/1004424021001/journal-editorial-report-june-18/

http://www.newsmax.com/Murdock/RickPerry-GreatRecession-HeritageFoundation-GeorgeW-Bush/2011/06/20/id/400628
Rick Perry Could Unite the GOP

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, 61, could cure the GOP's ennui. As America's economy slumbers, Perry tells a stimulating story about Texas' pro-market growth and job creation, two subjects that top the American mind.

Between January 2001 and June 2010, the Bureau of Labor Statistics calculates, Texas' non-farm employment grew from 9,542,400 in January 2001, when Perry took office, to 10,395,800 in June 2010 — an increase of 853,400 or 8.9 percent. Big-government California simultaneously lost 827,800 jobs.

Employment in Texas grew more than in the other 49 states combined. Since June 2009, when the Great Recession officially ended, Texas has produced 265,300 net jobs, equal to 36.7 percent of the 722,200 positions created nationwide.

For seven years running, CEOs polled by Chief Executive magazine have rated Texas first in business development and job growth. Texas boasts 58 Fortune 500 companies — more than any other state.

As America's No. 1 exporting state, Texas shipped $206.6 billion in goods abroad last year, composing 16 percent of America's $1.28 trillion in exports. California's $14.4 billion in exports ranked it second, with 11.2 percent of U.S. outflow.

So, what is Perry's secret? Texas taxes neither personal incomes nor capital gains, and Perry proposed a 2010 constitutional amendment to require two-thirds super-majorities to legislate tax hikes. Beyond that, as Perry told Manhattan Republicans Tuesday, "don't spend all the money."

Perry advised "a regulatory climate that is fair and predictable" as well as "a legal system that doesn't allow for over-suing." Thus, Perry signed groundbreaking "loser pays" tort-reforms and medical-litigation rules that caused malpractice-insurance rates to fall. Some 20,000 doctors since have flooded Texas. Texas is a right-to-work state, which Perry should trumpet nationally.

Conley
08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Gotta admit those bolded statements are extremely impressive. That is exactly what this country needs.

Mister D
08-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Can't a guy like Texans? >:( 8)

What religious issues? Now I'm curious? ID doesn't bother me much. We have bigger fish to fry.

Conley
08-09-2011, 07:16 PM

What religious issues? Now I'm curious? ID doesn't bother me much. We have bigger fish to fry.

You can like Texans but you have to give us a little bit more than that. Personal experience with people from the state? Dubya fan? Like cowboys? Big beef eater? ;)

I agree that we have bigger issues, which is why I don't care to spend time debating the Lord's Prayer in schools, the Ten Commandments, Intelligent Design, etc. Personally I think public schools should stick to teaching kids real subjects that can help them become contributing members of society. Math, science, and yes I suppose we can throw history in there as well :P

Mister D
08-09-2011, 07:47 PM

You can like Texans but you have to give us a little bit more than that. Personal experience with people from the state? Dubya fan? Like cowboys? Big beef eater? ;)

I agree that we have bigger issues, which is why I don't care to spend time debating the Lord's Prayer in schools, the Ten Commandments, Intelligent Design, etc. Personally I think public schools should stick to teaching kids real subjects that can help them become contributing members of society. Math, science, and yes I suppose we can throw history in there as well :P

One word: BIGTEX :D :D :D :o :o :o 8)

I certainly think Christian ethics should be covered in schools. We are all indebted to Christianity in that regard because so many of our cultural expectations with regard to human behavior are derived from it. Public schools used to have ethics classes. IMO, dechristianization has been a disaster.

Juggernaut
08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I love how libs are saying Perry's from Texas, like that's a bad thing.

If so, Illinois politicians will never be elected president ever again. Georgia either! :o

Mister D
08-09-2011, 07:49 PM

If so, Illinois politicians will never be elected president ever again. Georgia either! :o

Could be an attempt to link him to Bush. We've had quite a few Texans in the WH, no?

MMC
08-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Perry is by far more of a candidate than anyone else in the GOP. Too bad he is a Democrat that turned Republican. Plus an as kissing NEO-Con. Which means he will sell out to stand with the Corporatists.

I doubt he can get elected. Already they stated the problem he faces is that BachMann will take the Angelican Vote In Iowa. With the Tea-baggers in her corner. The others with Palin who is not running. So by the time he hist S. Carolina he will only pull a portion of the Southern Cons.

So what Obama Came from Illinois. So did Lincoln and Grant. Moreover is that the Dems are losing the rest of Illinois. They will soon only hold Chicago. Which is still sporting the highest corporate taxes in the country. The Second Highest Cost of living in the country. The highest gas prices. Buisnesses are leaving Illinois all because of it.

Yet to show ya how much the Obama Administration considers Perry nothing more than another GOP hopeful to split the party. They have given him no thought as they still consider Romney the Challenger. That they are so concerned about Romney that they are in the works of Swift voting him.

MMC
08-10-2011, 02:03 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Perry

Fiscal issues.....has often campaigned on tax reform and job growth.

Perry resisted creating a Texas state income tax and increasing sales tax rates, choosing instead to increase user fees and debt, adding $2 billion for road bonds,[29] [30] borrowing from the Federal Unemployment Trust Fund[31] and adding surcharges to various traffic offenses,

In early 2006 Perry angered some fiscal conservatives in his own party by supporting an increase in the state franchise tax alongside a property tax reform bill. Many organizations within the Republican Party itself condemned Perry's tax bill, HB-3, and likened it to a "back door" state income tax.[

In 2003, Perry signed legislation that created the Texas Enterprise Fund to enhance the development of the Texas economy. In 2004, he authorized the fund to grant $20 million to Countrywide Financial in return for a promise "to create 7,500 new jobs in the state by 2010." The grant (all of which are approved by the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor and Speaker of the House) is one of the largest made from the fund in terms of the size and the number of jobs promised. In the fall of 2007, while slashing jobs and with its stock price plummeting, Countrywide assured Perry's office that the company "believed" it would meet its 2010 commitment[35] only to be acquired in a fire sale two months later by Bank of America. Thanks to the "claw-back" provisions in the program, grantees return funds to the state for jobs not created.

In 2003, Perry called three consecutive special legislative sessions to procure a congressional redistricting plan he said would be more reflective of the state's population. The plan finally adopted—supported by then U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay of Sugar Land—brought about a five-seat Republican gain in the delegation. In 2006, however, the five-seat edge was reduced to three seats. Thereafter, Republicans gained one seat in 2008 and an additional three seats in the 2010 election; they now hold a 23-9 majority.

In June 2010, Perry went on a 12-day trade mission to East Asia. The security detail for the trip cost $129,000 in state money. The Texas Government attempted to block the media's scrutiny of the use of the funds as they contained information that could compromise the future security of the state's senior executive. A member of White's gubernatorial campaign stated that Perry should, "stop hiding the facts on fiscal issues like what he's charging taxpayers for travel". Perry's campaign countered that the trip led to greater exposure for Texas business opportunities in Asia.[41][42] In all, Perry made 23 foreign trips from 2004 to 2010, including a vacation on Grand Cayman and an education policy retreat in the Bahamas. The state paid only 1% of the travel expenses for these excursions, but security details for all trips combined cost over $1 million in state money.

Repeal of the 16th Amendment.....saying "if you want to know when Washington really got off the track, the 16th Amendment, giving them the opportunity to take your money with a personal income tax."[44]

Social Conservative.....

I would read what he did with abortions, and the Sonogram Bill. He is against same sex marriages. Stands for the Death penalty. Believes Intelligent design should be taught with evolution in schools. Doesnt believe in global warming. Plus he stands for that NAFTA bullshit. Trans-corridor highway North to south thru Texas. Thoughts?

wingrider
08-10-2011, 06:41 AM

Could be an attempt to link him to Bush. We've had quite a few Texans in the WH, no?

actually three were from texas

LBJ

Dwight Eisenhower born in texas but raised in Kansas

and GWB

Mister D
08-10-2011, 07:56 AM

actually three were from texas

LBJ

Dwight Eisenhower born in texas but raised in Kansas

and GWB

Interesting. Thanks.

Conley
08-10-2011, 10:16 AM

You a big LBJ fan?

>:D

Conley
08-10-2011, 10:20 AM

You a big LBJ fan?

Grrr...I keep posting stuff and then read further and find that someone else beat me to it! >:( >:( >:(

There have been a lot of posts lately! Tough to keep up. ;D

Mister D
08-10-2011, 10:28 AM

You a big LBJ fan?

Grrr...I keep posting stuff and then read further and find that someone else beat me to it! >:( >:( >:(

There have been a lot of posts lately! Tough to keep up. ;D

That's a good thing! 8)

Conley
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
True Dat!

O0

Juggernaut
08-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Yup, its the usual dumb liberal analogy that we should fear Perry would be like Bush. Perry bashed Bush a couple of times to distance himself, he's not the ivory tower type. Libs should remember that LBJ was so great when he put SSi funds into a general account to fund Medicare. LBJ killed SSi, it just took time before medical rates consumed trillions, over $105 trillion according to the debt clock Unfunded Liabilities counter.

Conley
08-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Unfunded liabilities are choking this country...it's a shame the buck has been passed so long. Only now that our economy is crashing are the pols finally paying attention, but the damage has been done. We could and should be experiencing great economic times but instead are suffering the same fate as Europe, collapsing under massive government spending and debt. The stock market is down another 500+ today. Seems the only safe places for money these days are in gold and ammo. :o

Juggernaut
08-10-2011, 07:34 PM
If the market holds Thursday then today's sell off was to test the bottom made after the 600 point selloff. Its not uncommon for the market to shake out the excesses and to scare out the short sellers. And of course run the stops, people place sell orders if price is touched, they see the stops and limit sell orders and drive price down to buy the stock at a discount then they run up the market. It should be a crime but its only a violation of regulations that is often hard to prove.

The Senate wants to investigate S&P, go for it but will it change anything?

Conley
08-10-2011, 07:37 PM
If the market holds Thursday then today's sell off was to test the bottom made after the 600 point selloff. Its not uncommon for the market to shake out the excesses and to scare out the short sellers. And of course run the stops, people place sell orders if price is touched, they see the stops and limit sell orders and drive price down to buy the stock at a discount then they run up the market. It should be a crime but its only a violation of regulations that is often hard to prove.

The Senate is so clueless. I can only assume they're getting political mileage out of "going after' the S & P. The Senate should be investigating itself for the policies that have driven this country so far into the red that the S & P could easily justify the downgrade. Typical big government, reacting after the fact and to a symptom rather than the cause of the problem.

Juggernaut
08-10-2011, 07:45 PM

The Senate is so clueless. I can only assume they're getting political mileage out of "going after' the S & P. The Senate should be investigating itself for the policies that have driven this country so far into the red that the S & P could easily justify the downgrade. Typical big government, reacting after the fact and to a symptom rather than the cause of the problem.

True they are looking to scapegoat the agency rather than fix the problem. We elect dummies and control freaks along with a few good men who can't convince the rest. S&P is now a bigger target than fox news. Micheal Moore wants those S&P people arrested...what a dope.

Mister D
08-10-2011, 08:18 PM

Excellent point. Going after S&P is symbolism over substance. It does nothing to address the real issues and is typical of our political class. It is also typical of our population to cheer them on.

Juggernaut
08-12-2011, 06:54 PM

Cool avatar "The Deficit is too damn high party has arrived at PR.
I though this guy would run for NYC mayor. He'll be funny in debate.

Rent Is Too Damn High Founder Now a Republican (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRNeuOhr2s#ws)