View Full Version : Flying Spaghetti Monster

Conley
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
This is so funny...Pastafarians O0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

>:D

Juggernaut
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I saw that because it was linked to another weirdo group. Never walk in there with Ragu sauce nor turkey meatballs.

Conley
08-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I saw that because it was linked to another weirdo group. Never walk in there with Ragu sauce nor turkey meatballs.

:D Only a heretic would do that ;D

Good to see ya round Juggs...how ya been?

Juggernaut
08-09-2011, 06:33 PM

:D Only a heretic would do that ;D

Good to see ya round Juggs...how ya been?

Lol.

Doing good, how about you. Been on a long vacation, now I'm playing catch up.

Conley
08-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Excellent...I'm good, on vacation myself in a mountain cabin. With Wifi of course. 8)

Juggernaut
08-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I went to MN camping trip, no phone nor internet nor highways for miles. They offer satellite phones but we opted out. http://boundarywaters.com We saw a couple of bald eagles but were too drunk and slow to get the camera, twice. ;D

Conley
08-09-2011, 07:09 PM
:D That looks sweet...the place I'm in is nice (Idyllwild, CA) but a bit too touristy. The houses in this area at least are right on top of each other. There is a lot of good hiking and rock climbing around though.

Juggernaut
08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I've heard about Idyllwild, CA, sounds nice and good places to expore.

Did you read about the mountain lions in the area? Joke, their not that close but
near LA trails they sometimes eat the liberals. Low fat dieters are tasty. ;D

Conley
08-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I've heard about Idyllwild, CA, sounds nice and good places to expore.

Did you read about the mountain lions in the area? Joke, their not that close but
near LA trails they sometimes eat the liberals. Low fat dieters are tasty. ;D

:D :D Yeah I have read reports of them around here...luckily I'm not 'lean meat' ;D

Mister D
08-09-2011, 07:58 PM
I've never been hiking or camping. I should go up the Delaware water gap. That's a beautiful section of NJ. Maybe in the fall.

MMC
08-10-2011, 02:20 AM
I've never been hiking or camping. I should go up the Delaware water gap. That's a beautiful section of NJ. Maybe in the fall.

I like to hike.....but I vote we Dont let D set up the Tent! >:D :D

wingrider
08-10-2011, 06:14 AM
and keep him away from the matches and the firewood.. LOL

Mister D
08-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Mister D will bust out his primitive skills on ya! >:( ;D

http://paddlingexperts.com/sitecontent/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/hand-drill.jpg

MMC
08-10-2011, 11:00 AM

http://paddlingexperts.com/sitecontent/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/hand-drill.jpg

All I know is.....ya betters know how to Cook. Being EYETALION and all. >:D :D

Conley
08-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Is that a photo of Mr. D?

;D

Mister D
08-10-2011, 11:07 AM

;D

Just demonstrating the method. ;)

Mister D
08-10-2011, 11:08 AM

All I know is.....ya betters know how to Cook. Being EYETALION and all. >:D :D

I'm not only conjure the flame but cook the meal on it as well. Mister D is a Renaissance man. 8)

Conley
08-10-2011, 11:15 AM

;D

I was going to complement you on your choice of footwear!

MMC
08-10-2011, 11:39 AM

;D

Better waits on the compliment until after ya taste the food. He said Renaissance man.....I am thinking the Hassenfeffer is only half coooked? >:D :D

Mister D
08-10-2011, 11:41 AM

;D

Better waits on the compliment until after ya taste the food. He said Renaissance man.....I am thinking the Hassenfeffer is only half coooked? >:D :D

I'll be making my famous meatballs this weekend. :o 8) I'll use the stove top this time though.

MMC
08-10-2011, 11:45 AM

;D

I'll be making my famous meatballs this weekend. :o 8) I'll use the stove top this time though.

Perk Meatballs...... :P .....nah I am hungry. Meatball sammich sounds good too.

Mister D
08-10-2011, 11:49 AM

;D

Perk Meatballs...... :P .....nah I am hungry. Meatball sammich sounds good too.

I usually use a mix of lean ground beef and pork. I add fresh onion and garlic to make up for the leaness of the meat. The onion in particular helps moisten the meatballs. Some spices etc. Very tasty.

MMC
08-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Ah....I try to tell my wife to, its the spices. We do good with using garlic and onions with our food. Plus I like my steaks the same way. Though my step-son sautees the onions. Garlic is one of those healing foods.

Althought it doesnt keep away mosquitoes.....lol ;)

Mister D
08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Ah....I try to tell my wife to, its the spices. We do good with using garlic and onions with our food. Plus I like my steaks the same way. Though my step-son sautees the onions. Garlic is one of those healing foods.

I haven't been eating as much of it lately but I loves me garlic. I sometimes even eat it raw on salads as long as it's sliced fine. Funny how a discussion about the flying spaghetti monster segued into a discussion about meatballs. ;D

MMC
08-10-2011, 12:59 PM

I haven't been eating as much of it lately but I loves me garlic. I sometimes even eat it raw on salads as long as it's sliced fine. Funny how a discussion about the flying spaghetti monster segued into a discussion about meatballs. ;D

Well they does goes together brother. Spaghetti and meatballs that is.....and or sausage. Prefrrably Italian sausage extra spice hot. Now thats a little Sicillian twist thrown into the mix. ;)

Mister D
08-10-2011, 01:07 PM

Well they does goes together brother. Spaghetti and meatballs that is.....and or sausage. Prefrrably Italian sausage extra spice hot. Now thats a little Sicillian twist thrown into the mix. ;)

I dice up two habanero chilis and add them to the tomato suace. ;) That Italian crushed red pepper goes in the meatballs and on top when it's all done. 8) I like it hot!

Conley
08-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I am craving some spaghetti and meatballs now...looks like the wife is going out for sushi. I'll survive. :D

Juggernaut
08-10-2011, 07:20 PM

I've read about the Delaware gap area, lots of good hiking trails and campgrounds along the river or near the reservoirs. They close many locations in the winter to preserve the area and reduce rescues.

Conley
08-10-2011, 07:24 PM

I've read about the Delaware gap area, lots of good hiking trails and campgrounds along the river or near the reservoirs. They close many locations in the winter to preserve the area and reduce rescues.

Yeah, Jersey gets made fun of a lot as the "Garden State" but there are a ton of awesome campgrounds and trails throughout. Good mountain biking too.

Juggernaut
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Yeah, Jersey gets made fun of a lot as the "Garden State" but there are a ton of awesome campgrounds and trails throughout. Good mountain biking too.

Hollywood taints the state as a toxic waste dump. I think that's changing into the Wrecking Ball state with Gov Christie as the hater in chief. Christie rocks!

I've driven through Jersey going to NYC, lots of nice areas and comparable to the PA Pocano's.

Captain Obvious
08-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Isn't this the "religion" that the kook who sued to have his drivers license photo taken wearing a spaghetti strainer on his head?

Conley
08-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Isn't this the "religion" that the kook who sued to have his drivers license photo taken wearing a spaghetti strainer on his head?

Pics or it didn't happen. ;D

Mister D
08-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I am craving some spaghetti and meatballs now...looks like the wife is going out for sushi. I'll survive. :D

You're married now? ??? :)

Mister D
08-10-2011, 08:34 PM

I think it's gorgeous up there. I used to drive up there when I was a teenager just to mess around and check out some of the old farmhouses. I'm an antiquarian...sue me. :-[ Anyway, I may ask a friend to spend a day up there. I'm sure his kids would enjoy camping.

Mister D
08-10-2011, 08:37 PM

Yeah, I live 40 minutes outside of NYC so it's kind of congested but south and west of me NJ varies quite a bit.

Mister D
08-10-2011, 08:39 PM

Hollywood taints the state as a toxic waste dump. I think that's changing into the Wrecking Ball state with Gov Christie as the hater in chief. Christie rocks!

I've driven through Jersey going to NYC, lots of nice areas and comparable to the PA Pocano's.

There is an area that is kind of dirty and probably fits peoples preconceived notions but the state has a lot of variety. It's more than a big suburb.

Captain Obvious
08-10-2011, 08:39 PM

Pics or it didn't happen. ;D

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/07/15/137824732/austrian-man-wins-right-to-wear-pasta-strainer-in-license-photo

Conley
08-10-2011, 08:49 PM
http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/07/13/hl_fuehrerschein_110712-300x194_enl.jpg?t=1310588441

:D :D :D

Nice!

Conley
08-10-2011, 08:53 PM

For all intents and purposes...I guess we're married by common law? Been together eight years now...sometimes I call her my girl, girlfriend, wife, old lady (though MMC tells me it should be ol' lady ;D)

Mister D
08-10-2011, 09:06 PM

For all intents and purposes...I guess we're married by common law? Been together eight years now...sometimes I call her my girl, girlfriend, wife, old lady (though MMC tells me it should be ol' lady ;D)

;D I get ya. I thought that might be it but I thought I'd ask. I was all set to congratulate you too. >:(

Conley
08-10-2011, 09:12 PM

;D I get ya. I thought that might be it but I thought I'd ask. I was all set to congratulate you too. >:(

:D You can congratulate me anyhow.

Juggernaut
08-12-2011, 07:06 PM

I think it's gorgeous up there. I used to drive up there when I was a teenager just to mess around and check out some of the old farmhouses. I'm an antiquarian...sue me. :-[ Anyway, I may ask a friend to spend a day up there. I'm sure his kids would enjoy camping.

My friends & I go to areas like this and look for camp grounds or sometimes a the basic shack or cabin rentals but when we camp we never go back to town.

I'm into antiquities like furniture, art, coins and presidential memorabilia. Don't have a lot yet but I have some Reagan, Clinton and Bush stuff. I'm buying Obama collectibles to resale in a couple of decades too, his presidency isn't worth much but I should fare better than the messiahs success.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 01:02 PM

My friends & I go to areas like this and look for camp grounds or sometimes a the basic shack or cabin rentals but when we camp we never go back to town.

I'm into antiquities like furniture, art, coins and presidential memorabilia. Don't have a lot yet but I have some Reagan, Clinton and Bush stuff. I'm buying Obama collectibles to resale in a couple of decades too, his presidency isn't worth much but I should fare better than the messiahs success.

I see some of that stuff at militaria shows. There is usually a table with a US politics section. I have George Wallace's signature plus some Wallace/Lemay memorabilia.