PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Our Men in Uniform

Green Arrow
09-14-2014, 08:27 PM
This is a general PSA for the forum, brought by yours truly. In Gerrard Winstanley's thread, "BREAKING: ISIS releases third beheading video, threatens another British hostage," zelmo1234 expressed his opinion that the Marines on this forum have turned their backs on America. In light of that, I'd like to express a very general message to everyone on this forum.

I have never served in the military. I don't plan to do so, ever, because I have taken a vow of non-violence except in defense of my life or the life of another. Frankly, America's military actions abroad kinda make it impossible for someone like me to justify joining, and I don't think I'd be any good at it anyway.

There are people on this forum that have served, however. I'm about as gung-ho "Support the Troops" as you can get, and I've noticed that every time I post a thread honoring our men and women who have served, those who have served express feelings of regret, and suggest that they do not deserve to be honored because they were not actually fighting for the defense and freedom of America.

Kindly, I call bullshit. How the government uses them is irrelevant. The fact is they joined up and stayed in for the right reasons. That makes them worthy of honor and respect. Doesn't matter the branch. I respect nathanbforrest45's service just as much as Peter1469 and Codename Section's service, and all three were in the Navy, Army, and Marines, respectively.

Disagreeing with these men on matters of opinion is one thing. Attacking their service, though? Alleging that they turned their backs on America just because they disagree with your opinion, in any context? That you do NOT get to do. I don't give a shit what it's about or who you are, not a single person on this forum gets to tell our military men and women that they turned their backs on their country just over a petty disagreement on a fucking internet forum. That is low, it is childish, and it is dishonorable.

Here's the PSA part: the next person I see say some shit like that, I will bring down all holy Hell on their ass. I don't care how long I have to spend lobbying the other mods. I don't care if I have to go straight to ADMIN about it. I will not sit here and let such evil comments go unanswered.

So if you'd like to stick around on this forum, I suggest you watch your fucking tone where our military members are concerned, because if you don't, your hide is mine.

Alyosha
09-14-2014, 08:34 PM
I may not like Nathan or Sage but I won't call them liars, say they are dishonorable, etc.

zelmo1234
09-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I know I was told that I only train them to be tools? They figured me out!

For those that suspect that I was trying to take honor form those that served? They don't know me will.

For the those that think I train them to be tools. You should know better. And for those on here that served and are supporting polices that make the world a more dangerous place? Well that is likely to put more people in harms way that make them safe. is it not!

If you keep twisting the meaning I might unseat Chaney for the world biggest monster. Until then lets not call the people I train tools, they are the men and women of the armed forces.

Green Arrow
09-14-2014, 09:54 PM

For those that suspect that I was trying to take honor form those that served? They don't know me will.

For the those that think I train them to be tools. You should know better. And for those on here that served and are supporting polices that make the world a more dangerous place? Well that is likely to put more people in harms way that make them safe. is it not!

If you keep twisting the meaning I might unseat Chaney for the world biggest monster. Until then lets not call the people I train tools, they are the men and women of the armed forces.

I've made myself clear on the matter. There's no discussion to be had. I stand by what I said in the OP 100%.

zelmo1234
09-14-2014, 09:55 PM
I've made myself clear on the matter. There's no discussion to be had. I stand by what I said in the OP 100%.

I would expect nothing less!

Alyosha
09-14-2014, 10:03 PM

You said they had no honor and that the next batch of marines are better. I'd be insulted if were them.

zelmo1234
09-14-2014, 10:09 PM
You said they had no honor and that the next batch of marines are better. I'd be insulted if were them.

I do not remember saying that they had NO honor. I think that I was insinuating that I wanted them to answer my question and it had not been answered..... If it came out as anything other than that??? It was not my intention. And for that I am sorry but that would explain the Anger that was a bit over the top form what I thought it was about. As for the turning there back I have explained that and I think that they can defend there position fairly easily.

As for training tools? well? That is just not cool in my opinion so I was definitely emotional

As for the next batch coming out they are no better and no worse. In all likely hood they will face the same fire as the previous came through

Private Pickle
09-14-2014, 10:30 PM
I may not like Nathan or Sage but I won't call them liars, say they are dishonorable, etc.

But you want me to ignore you? My heart hurts.

Private Pickle
09-15-2014, 12:05 AM
This is a general PSA for the forum, brought by yours truly. In @Gerrard Winstanley (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=864)'s thread, "BREAKING: ISIS releases third beheading video, threatens another British hostage," @zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588) expressed his opinion that the Marines on this forum have turned their backs on America. In light of that, I'd like to express a very general message to everyone on this forum.

I have never served in the military. I don't plan to do so, ever, because I have taken a vow of non-violence except in defense of my life or the life of another. Frankly, America's military actions abroad kinda make it impossible for someone like me to justify joining, and I don't think I'd be any good at it anyway.

There are people on this forum that have served, however. I'm about as gung-ho "Support the Troops" as you can get, and I've noticed that every time I post a thread honoring our men and women who have served, those who have served express feelings of regret, and suggest that they do not deserve to be honored because they were not actually fighting for the defense and freedom of America.

Kindly, I call bullshit. How the government uses them is irrelevant. The fact is they joined up and stayed in for the right reasons. That makes them worthy of honor and respect. Doesn't matter the branch. I respect @nathanbforrest45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=891)'s service just as much as @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) and @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)'s service, and all three were in the Navy, Army, and Marines, respectively.

Disagreeing with these men on matters of opinion is one thing. Attacking their service, though? Alleging that they turned their backs on America just because they disagree with your opinion, in any context? That you do NOT get to do. I don't give a shit what it's about or who you are, not a single person on this forum gets to tell our military men and women that they turned their backs on their country just over a petty disagreement on a fucking internet forum. That is low, it is childish, and it is dishonorable.

Here's the PSA part: the next person I see say some shit like that, I will bring down all holy Hell on their ass. I don't care how long I have to spend lobbying the other mods. I don't care if I have to go straight to @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) about it. I will not sit here and let such evil comments go unanswered.

So if you'd like to stick around on this forum, I suggest you watch your fucking tone where our military members are concerned, because if you don't, your hide is mine.

As a wartime Vet I appreciate your support and want to let you know I am not disenfranchised with the US nor Freedom.

Cthulhu
09-15-2014, 07:13 AM
As a wartime Vet I appreciate your support and want to let you know I am not disenfranchised with the US nor Freedom.

You should read more then.

donttread
09-15-2014, 07:32 AM
This is a general PSA for the forum, brought by yours truly. In @Gerrard Winstanley (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=864)'s thread, "BREAKING: ISIS releases third beheading video, threatens another British hostage," @zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588) expressed his opinion that the Marines on this forum have turned their backs on America. In light of that, I'd like to express a very general message to everyone on this forum.

Kindly, I call bullshit. How the government uses them is irrelevant. The fact is they joined up and stayed in for the right reasons. That makes them worthy of honor and respect. Doesn't matter the branch. I respect @nathanbforrest45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=891)'s service just as much as @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) and @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)'s service, and all three were in the Navy, Army, and Marines, respectively.

Here's the PSA part: the next person I see say some shit like that, I will bring down all holy Hell on their ass. I don't care how long I have to spend lobbying the other mods. I don't care if I have to go straight to @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) about it. I will not sit here and let such evil comments go unanswered.

The vast majority of men and women in uniform joined young and believed the hype. The thought they were putting their lives on the line for something other than modern day imperialism. The fact that they were fooled in no way diminishes their bravery and once in the situation they had no choice but to do what they had to do.

nathanbforrest45
09-15-2014, 08:11 AM
I don't wish it said I don't want to be called a hero because I didn't believe I was fighting for freedom in the United States. I don't want to be called a hero because all I did was answer the call of duty. A hero is someone who goes above and beyond that call. A person who runs into a burning building, not because they have to but because its the right thing to do is a hero. I met one true hero, George Ronald Crabtree, who like so many other hero's was from Tennessee. He was killed by hostile fire in Vietnam while trying to rescue a fellow shipmate who had been wounded. He didn't need to wade out to pull the guy in, he did it because it was the right thing to do. He was a hero, I was just a shipmate.

Alyosha
09-15-2014, 08:15 AM
I don't wish it said I don't want to be called a hero because I didn't believe I was fighting for freedom in the United States. I don't want to be called a hero because all I did was answer the call of duty. A hero is someone who goes above and beyond that call. A person who runs into a burning building, not because they have to but because its the right thing to do is a hero. I met one true hero, George Ronald Crabtree, who like so many other hero's was from Tennessee. He was killed by hostile fire in Vietnam while trying to rescue a fellow shipmate who had been wounded. He didn't need to wade out to pull the guy in, he did it because it was the right thing to do. He was a hero, I was just a shipmate.

You can be a huge dick but you still thought you were doing something nice for America. That gets you some props.

Codename Section
09-15-2014, 08:18 AM
I read many of the comments on the ISIS thread, and I thought about what was said before I decided to post.

America to me was always the America left to us by our Founding Fathers. It was a land where criticism of the government and of the country showed you cared about the direction it was going in. It was founded by people who wanted to live their lives as they see fit and to leave others alone to do the same.

Many of you believe in the Cold War America and want to preserve that idea and when I read your posts I read a lot of "Roman" style concepts about government and patriotism. I don't believe in that America. I don't want that America. I don't want to be Rome only with different colors in our standards.

To call me less of a marine, to talk down my honor, and to misrepresent my beliefs in that manner in that thread made me real disappointed with this forum--especially since I wasn't there, but it also made me pretty pissed off.

America was founded on principles of limited government, freedom over security, skepticism, and liberty. What you do to "America" when you promote these sick world police ideals is to shit on the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

If you want to say I'm not a loyal globalist or I'm not a loyal imperialist--fine. I'm not. But don't say I'm not an American or not honorable. Because I am more American in its original spirit than many of you.

And lastly, you're also talking about my marine brothers, zelmo1234 those fine upstanding lads that you "trained' and say they have it right about the world. All marines in training want some enemy to kill. They love showing it up for the tourists like you. They probably barked a lot, too. It's what we do.

And when given the choice of saving my anti-American ass or yours they would save me. We're in the world's largest fraternity and not you or anyone else can change that even if you believe you guys agree with each other. We're brothers. We're marines first.

Now, I am wondering it this is the time were I say to anyone that they can come to Virginia and tell me to my face that I have no honor and that I don't love America or if this is the time where I reconsider the ignore feature.

Not sure yet.

Private Pickle
09-15-2014, 08:45 AM
You should read more then.

It's not how much you read....it's what you read.

You need to read right.

Codename Section
09-15-2014, 08:50 AM
It's not how much you read....it's what you read.

You need to read right.

You need to quit trolling.

Private Pickle
09-15-2014, 08:52 AM
You need to quit trolling.

I kinda feel that's what you're doing. I was responding to him...

Alyosha
09-15-2014, 09:06 AM
I kinda feel that's what you're doing. I was responding to him...
Codename Section

Private Pickle would know about trolling. He trolls most threads, so he is a subject matter expert. We could always get a second opinion and ask Cigar

That way we'd have two of the biggest forum trolls calling you out as a troll.

Cigar
09-15-2014, 09:10 AM
What's a Private Pickle :laugh:

Private Pickle
09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
@Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)

Private Pickle would know about trolling. He trolls most threads, so he is a subject matter expert. We could always get a second opinion and ask @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)

That way we'd have two of the biggest forum trolls calling you out as a troll.

Wouldn't this be classified as trolling?

Codename Section
09-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Everyone return to topic. Or I can close this.

nathanbforrest45
09-15-2014, 10:43 AM
I think anyone who has put on a uniform in defense of this country deserves respect from all of us, veterans and non veterans, especially today when anyone in uniform is there 100% of their own free will and accord. I know I have had words with a few of the Marines on this board but the truth is I respect all branches of the service, each has a role to play in the defense of America.

I also don't, in the long run, care what anyone else thinks of my putting on Navy Blues and serving as a swabbie. I have pride in my service, I have pride in myself, and I have pride in my country.

And thank you Green for starting this thread in the first place.

zelmo1234
09-15-2014, 08:15 PM
I read many of the comments on the ISIS thread, and I thought about what was said before I decided to post.

America to me was always the America left to us by our Founding Fathers. It was a land where criticism of the government and of the country showed you cared about the direction it was going in. It was founded by people who wanted to live their lives as they see fit and to leave others alone to do the same.

Many of you believe in the Cold War America and want to preserve that idea and when I read your posts I read a lot of "Roman" style concepts about government and patriotism. I don't believe in that America. I don't want that America. I don't want to be Rome only with different colors in our standards.

To call me less of a marine, to talk down my honor, and to misrepresent my beliefs in that manner in that thread made me real disappointed with this forum--especially since I wasn't there, but it also made me pretty pissed off.

America was founded on principles of limited government, freedom over security, skepticism, and liberty. What you do to "America" when you promote these sick world police ideals is to shit on the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

If you want to say I'm not a loyal globalist or I'm not a loyal imperialist--fine. I'm not. But don't say I'm not an American or not honorable. Because I am more American in its original spirit than many of you.

And lastly, you're also talking about my marine brothers, @zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588) those fine upstanding lads that you "trained' and say they have it right about the world. All marines in training want some enemy to kill. They love showing it up for the tourists like you. They probably barked a lot, too. It's what we do.

And when given the choice of saving my anti-American ass or yours they would save me. We're in the world's largest fraternity and not you or anyone else can change that even if you believe you guys agree with each other. We're brothers. We're marines first.

Now, I am wondering it this is the time were I say to anyone that they can come to Virginia and tell me to my face that I have no honor and that I don't love America or if this is the time where I reconsider the ignore feature.

Not sure yet.

You know I think that I can agree with everything in this post and it was said better than I did.

And I believe as I have posted many times that we could as a nation stay safe if we closed the boarders trained the citizens and really went after those that are already here? But we are not doing any of that, so pulling out seems to be very foolish to me. As it will only appear as weakness to those that might take issue with the USA!

AS for the Young Marines Saving you, before they saved me? I would expect nothing less, here is the thing come of use contractors were sent to save the military before ourselves to, and that is as it should be.

WHAT I WAS REALLY TAKING ISSUE WITH, IS THE INSINUATION THAT I WAS TRAINING THES YOUNG MEN AND WONEN TO BE TOOLS? Nobody of course has addressed that because that would cause them to have to examine one of the statements made by the military.

As for offending or pissing people off, I stand by the statement that the policy of pulling out of the ME without making major changes here at home will make the USA a much more dangerous place. If you support that , then the actions that you support are not in line with keeping the USA and it's citizens safe. That to me is not having the interest of national security at heart. Could I have stated it better, sure, but I did not. and if you want me to tell you that withdraw is the best way for the country to remain sage? Well that is not going to happen and I refuse to apologize for this.

If this makes me less of a person in the eyes of the men that served, I am sorry. I do support the military, and of course I think that most of you know that!

If you need a whipping boy? Well here I am, I am fine with getting beat up on! but I am not going to change my belief of what I think will keep the country safe.

Private Pickle
09-15-2014, 08:17 PM
I think anyone who has put on a uniform in defense of this country deserves respect from all of us, veterans and non veterans, especially today when anyone in uniform is there 100% of their own free will and accord. I know I have had words with a few of the Marines on this board but the truth is I respect all branches of the service, each has a role to play in the defense of America.

I also don't, in the long run, care what anyone else thinks of my putting on Navy Blues and serving as a swabbie. I have pride in my service, I have pride in myself, and I have pride in my country.

And thank you Green for starting this thread in the first place.

Shut up Squid!

Alyosha
09-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Why can't this shit ever just die? We have a perfectly good civil liberties thread ongoing.

Green Arrow
09-15-2014, 09:00 PM
I should have closed this thread right after posting it. There's no discussion to be had, the OP stands. This thread is now closed.