PDA

View Full Version : Democrats fall short in Wisconsin recall elections

Mister D
08-10-2011, 08:32 AM
;D

Democrats failed late Tuesday in their effort to gain control of the Wisconsin state senate as Republican incumbents won four of six recall elections.

The outcome was a big setback for Democrats, organized labor, and progressive groups who'd sought retribution against six GOP allies of Gov. Scott Walker, who earlier this year enacted a labor law overhaul that ended collective bargaining rights for many public sector workers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44075969/ns/politics-more_politics?gt1=43001

Conley
08-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Wow, after all that...been a while since I read the stories but back in the day it seemed according to the articles I read everyone (Dems, Independents, Moderate Republicans) wanted Walker's head on a platter. Now even with the recalls the GOP is still in strong position. I wonder if those stories I read didn't give the whole picture ??? ;) That's got to be encouraging to other GOP governors like Kasich in Ohio who wants to do and has already done similar things.

Mister D
08-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Wow, after all that...been a while since I read the stories but back in the day it seemed according to the articles I read everyone (Dems, Independents, Moderate Republicans) wanted Walker's head on a platter. Now even with the recalls the GOP is still in strong position. I wonder if those stories I read didn't give the whole picture ??? ;) That's got to be encouraging to other GOP governors like Kasich in Ohio who wants to do and has already done similar things.

Good point. I think you're right about guys like Kasich. The left really gave it their all and failed.

Conley
08-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Yep, they drew a line in the sand and then got trucked.

Mister D
08-10-2011, 11:11 AM

This was a real rout. I thin I'll actually watch the news a bit tonight. I'm curious to hear what's being said.

Conley
08-10-2011, 11:14 AM

This was a real rout. I thin I'll actually watch the news a bit tonight. I'm curious to hear what's being said.

That's like me only watching SportsCenter when my team wins :D :D :D

Mister D
08-10-2011, 11:18 AM

That's like me only watching SportsCenter when my team wins :D :D :D

:D I mean i want to see how it's covered. Is it being covered at all in the NYT? How are they spinning it?

Conley
08-10-2011, 11:24 AM
There are already allegations of vote tampering and fraud. Shocking! :o

Conley
08-10-2011, 11:28 AM
The two that lost their seats had barely won them in 2008...that suggests the Dems' effort was even more impotent than it originally appeared.

Mister D
08-10-2011, 11:33 AM

:D :D ::)

MMC
08-10-2011, 12:09 PM

MSDNC tried to spin it like the Dems won something.....the people voted again and spoke once again. The GOP holds the legislature. Plus what does it say that both the Dems and Teas would bus others in from other states to decide votes in an election to the people of that state.

Looks like this will also put a litle dent in Obamas plans.....huh?

Mister D
08-10-2011, 12:37 PM

MSDNC tried to spin it like the Dems won something.....the people voted again and spoke once again. The GOP holds the legislature. Plus what does it say that both the Dems and Teas would bus others in from other states to decide votes in an election to the people of that state.

What you described goes well beyond BO. The unions must be taking this hard too. This is opretty embarrassing considering how much passion and effort when into the protests against Walker.

MMC
08-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Yeah you should have seen Schultz and Maddow of MSDNC.....I am sure you can pick up some coverage in day 2 of the cycle. CNN had it too but they reported it without all the bais MSDNC had. I kept thinking as the Dems pointed out how many got out to vote and money spent etc etc. They won something.....the usual platitude of more people got involved. Aint it great and how the system works etc etc.

What you described goes well beyond BO. The unions must be taking this hard too. This is opretty embarrassing considering how much passion and effort when into the protests against Walker.

Its' like yeah yeah yeah......you lost. now STFU and take a backseat and let the Winnas Speak. >:D

Mister D
08-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Yeah you should have seen Schultz and Maddow of MSDNC.....I am sure you can pick up some coverage in day 2 of the cycle. CNN had it too but they reported it without all the bais MSDNC had. I kept thinking as the Dems pointed out how many got out to vote and money spent etc etc. They won something.....the usual platitude of more people got involved. Aint it great and how the system works etc etc.

Its' like yeah yeah yeah......you lost. now STFU and take a backseat and let the Winnas Speak. >:D

Recount! ;)