PDA

View Full Version : Tiahuanaco

nic34
09-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Who built this place?

Gods from outer space?

Gifted south American Indians?

Ask most people who are the oldest civilization or where the oldest civilization lived and you'll here answers like Mesopotamia (Iraq), Egypt or Iran. While these cultures can be traced back to 4000 B.C., the mysterious ruins of Tiahuanaco, in Bolivia, could be 14,000 years old!
If you think the Great Pyramid in Egypt is a technological marvel, wait until you see what artists and engineers were doing in Tiahuanaco. This culture thrived at the breathless, oxygen deprived elevation of 13,000 feet. They managed to somehow move stones weighing up to 200 tons and invented modular building techniques that would even today, be cutting edge.

http://viewzone.com/tiax.html

PolWatch
09-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Chariot of the Gods stuff!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/91202.Chariots_of_the_Gods

Common Sense
09-29-2014, 04:27 PM
There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that suggests civilization may be much older than we think...

Peter1469
09-29-2014, 06:00 PM
There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that suggests civilization may be much older than we think...

And that some may have died off only for another civilization to take root long afterwards.

Codename Section
09-29-2014, 10:32 PM
nic34

i had read about this and really want to get down there soon. I speak Spanish fairly decent (eh kilgram) and I think it would be a badass trip.

Codename Section
09-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I like how this pic shows the interloc

http://viewzone.com/tia.trio.jpg

Redrose
09-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Who built this place?

Gods from outer space?

Gifted south American Indians?

Ask most people who are the oldest civilization or where the oldest civilization lived and you'll here answers like Mesopotamia (Iraq), Egypt or Iran. While these cultures can be traced back to 4000 B.C., the mysterious ruins of Tiahuanaco, in Bolivia, could be 14,000 years old!
If you think the Great Pyramid in Egypt is a technological marvel, wait until you see what artists and engineers were doing in Tiahuanaco. This culture thrived at the breathless, oxygen deprived elevation of 13,000 feet. They managed to somehow move stones weighing up to 200 tons and invented modular building techniques that would even today, be cutting edge.

http://viewzone.com/tiax.html

You cannot look at those ruins without realizing they were constructed with very highly advanced help.

I believe in what Chariot of the Gods claims happened.

PolWatch
09-29-2014, 11:33 PM
I read Chariot of the Gods when it was first published in the late 60's and have never looked at ancient civilizations the same. Some people said the author was a kook, but he raises questions that no one else has an answer for.

Redrose
09-30-2014, 12:42 AM
I read Chariot of the Gods when it was first published in the late 60's and have never looked at ancient civilizations the same. Some people said the author was a kook, but he raises questions that no one else has an answer for.

Even our Bible and other writings of major religions make more sense when you look at them the way Chariot of the Gods does.

kilgram
09-30-2014, 01:58 AM
@nic34 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=572)

i had read about this and really want to get down there soon. I speak Spanish fairly decent (eh @kilgram (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=867)) and I think it would be a badass trip.
Do you speak Spanish? I didn't know/remember.

And, yes, it can be an interesting trip.

Peter1469
09-30-2014, 04:13 AM
Eric von Daniken (http://www.daniken.com/e/) wrote many more books after Chariot of the Gods?. A lot of people forget the question mark in the title.

nic34
09-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Eric von Daniken (http://www.daniken.com/e/) wrote many more books after Chariot of the Gods?. A lot of people forget the question mark in the title.

Yes, that is important, even he knew that there was no absolute evidence.

But what still seems can only be explained by ancient astronauts are the lines in the desert of Nazca.

nic34
09-30-2014, 09:15 AM
I like how this pic shows the interloc

http://viewzone.com/tia.trio.jpg

If you ever go don't forget to visit Cuzco, Peru. Amazing place. What drove people to live at such impossible elevations?

http://www.dragonflyhostels.com/media/elfinder123erfhhgtr/files/hostels/cusco/20130731181611jpeg.jpg

PolWatch
09-30-2014, 09:18 AM

'he raises questions that no one else has an answer for'...yeap. He makes the reader think...instead of just accepting that some ancients were really smart.

Polecat
09-30-2014, 09:52 AM
I found myself riveted with interest in this stuff and have watched all the Ancient Alien programs. Some of the conclusions drawn were a bit of a stretch but the places and architecture presented from around the globe defy explanation. The folklore of the indigenous peoples always credit the "sky gods" as being responsible. The reference to the book of Enoch is made numerous times by the hosts so I decided to read it for myself. This led me to more rooting around and I came up with an entirely different conclusion after a couple of weeks. The ancient myths are not myths at all. There was in fact amazing beings coming from above and interacting with people. I don't believe however that these beings were mere space travelers. I believe they were the angels that rebelled against God. What began as a desire to avoid ridiculous reality shows has brought me a long way from where I was just months ago. My faith has been set by the experience.

nic34
09-30-2014, 09:56 AM
How is it easier to believe in angels rather than alien astronauts?

Polecat
09-30-2014, 10:09 AM
How is it easier to believe in angels rather than alien astronauts?

It is not easier. In fact the alien explanation appeals more to our techno/secular mind set. It took me by surprise because I was just looking for information out of curiosity. And I looked at a lot of material. After weeks & weeks of reading I found a common denominator. Our perhaps it was shown to me. Now I can not believe otherwise.:laugh:

nic34
09-30-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think it's necessary to use our geocentric, judeo-christian mythology in order to understand our universe. It only prejudices what we see and experience.

Redrose
09-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Angels or aliens? May be same thing. It's all in the terminology we use. Something came from the sky, the heavens. Every religion and culture has references to the heavens. The Nazca lines are just lines in the dirt until you look at them from the sky. How did they see them from the sky? Who did see them from the sky?

There are just too many unexplained remnants placed all over the world that indicate we had highly technical help from something.

We Catholics believe in the Resurrection and the Assumption. Where did their physical body go? The Church says a miracle, which is a word for something we can't explain with the knowledge we have.
The Bible says they were taken up in a cloud. Not to sound too flippant and sacriligious, but sounds like "Beam me up Scotty". We are not alone in this Universe.

nic34
09-30-2014, 01:20 PM
This is 2014, not 1014.

An airplane in the sky is not a god.

Polecat
09-30-2014, 01:38 PM
This is 2014, not 1014.

An airplane in the sky is not a god.
Funny you should mention that. A tribe of very isolated people in the back waters of Brazil that witnessed aircraft for the first time made this very mistake. Had to be a god. The civilized world will need something a little more high tech to deceive them into making the same mistake. A spaceship that defies the known laws of physics in its movement and carries a being of unimaginable knowledge would fit the bill.

Animal Mother
09-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Oh here we go...it has to be aliens. Of course. Humans can't do shit on their own. :rollseyes:

Peter1469
09-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Yes, that is important, even he knew that there was no absolute evidence.

But what still seems can only be explained by ancient astronauts are the lines in the desert of Nazca.

I agree. I only brought up the question mark in the title because that was one of the main things the skeptics attacked him over. In an early interview Daniken said "the title has a question mark in it...". Also I believe he agrees that there is no absolute proof.

Polecat
09-30-2014, 04:14 PM
I agree. I only brought up the question mark in the title because that was one of the main things the skeptics attacked him over. In an early interview Daniken said "the title has a question mark in it...". Also I believe he agrees that there is no absolute proof.

I saw that interview. He goes on to relate that there are as many question marks in the book as there are periods. I watched a recent exchange between him and one of his disciples, Giorgio Tsoukalos, and he appears to have this look of deep regret for getting himself pigeon holed into being the leader of a pseudo cult of followers. I think he was inspired and asked some valid questions that he had pondered on at great length as a young man and had no desire for the groupies that ended up worshiping him.

Green Arrow
09-30-2014, 04:15 PM
I think humans were actually more advanced in our past, or at the very least, a divergent species of humanity was more advanced than the others, and such a civilization was responsible for things like Tiahuanaco and Atlantis. These human civilizations died out and the "dumber," less advanced ones became dominant.

Peter1469
09-30-2014, 04:42 PM
I think humans were actually more advanced in our past, or at the very least, a divergent species of humanity was more advanced than the others, and such a civilization was responsible for things like Tiahuanaco and Atlantis. These human civilizations died out and the "dumber," less advanced ones became dominant.

Died out, or destroyed each other?

Green Arrow
09-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Died out, or destroyed each other?

I think it's likely they either destroyed each other or destroyed themselves, kind of a "they dug too greedily, too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled" sort of thing.

Peter1469
09-30-2014, 04:54 PM
I think it's likely they either destroyed each other or destroyed themselves, kind of a "they dug too greedily, too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled" sort of thing.

Or a nuclear war....

Polecat
09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
The ancient writings of India describe the battles. And there are radioactive ruins with skeletal remains that show no sign in injury or disease. Oh and vitrified sand and rock. Sure does make you think nuclear show down?

Green Arrow
09-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Or a nuclear war....

Or something similar.