PDA

View Full Version : Devil Dogs

Perianne
10-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Do any of you Devil Dogs know any marines named Matt and Russ?

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:10 PM
LOL

No one would know them by "Matt" and "Russ". We're a last names only world. When people use my first name I think something's wrong.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:12 PM
LOL

No one would know them by "Matt" and "Russ". We're a last names only world. When people use my first name I think something's wrong.

I learn something new every day, Section.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:13 PM
In the Corps if someone says "So, Andrew..." I know I'm about to get some shit happen to me. Just like if someone says, "Very good, devil dog" in a pleasant voice.

Dark Mistress
10-20-2014, 04:18 PM
I only know Cthulhu 's fellow marines by their last names. Maybe a select few I may know their first names, but that's because I asked.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:20 PM
In the Marines, are the officers tough? Can they beat you up?

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
In the Marines, are the officers tough? Can they beat you up?

The marine officers are tough but they're still not grunts. Some were like Pete who started as a soldier/grunt and then went into the officer corps--those dudes are usually tough but it's generally accepted in the marine corps that senior enlisted are the shit.

Like an LT definitely outranks any sergeant in the marine corps. However there is NO LT in the world that would talk shit to a sergeant major, especially not the sergeant major of the marine corps.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:24 PM
The marine officers are tough but they're still not grunts. Some were like Pete who started as a soldier/grunt and then went into the officer corps--those dudes are usually tough but it's generally accepted in the marine corps that senior enlisted are the $#@!.

Like an LT definitely outranks any sergeant in the marine corps. However there is NO LT in the world that would talk $#@! to a sergeant major, especially not the sergeant major of the marine corps.

I did not understand any of that. By officers I meant the guys who trained you, like Sergeant Carter on Gomer Pyle. That type of officer.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:27 PM
I did not understand any of that. By officers I meant the guys who trained you, like Sergeant Carter on Gomer Pyle. That type of officer.

They're not officers-officers. They're senior enlisted, but yehhhh they're called "officers" as in senior NCOs or non-commissioned officers.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:29 PM
They're not officers-officers. They're senior enlisted, but yehhhh they're called "officers" as in senior NCOs or non-commissioned officers.

Whatever you call them, the ones you take orders from, are they tough? Can they compare to you on toughness?

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Whatever you call them, the ones you take orders from, are they tough? Can they compare to you on toughness?

Not for a long time, but yeh back in the day I had this one Gunny tell me to meet him "outside" and proceeded to kick my ass all over the place. When Codename Section was 19 he thought his shit didn't stink.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Devil dogs like sandwiches from the PX and forty ounces of beer at a time.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:38 PM
When guys fight, does anyone cry? One of the fights I was in the girl started crying. I don't know if it was from pain or frustration. I saw my husband fight a couple of times, but he knocked out the one guy and the other time the two guys he was fighting didn't cry.

When my husband hit me sometimes I would go off alone and cry. Not because it hurt but because he wanted to hurt me.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:39 PM
When guys fight, does anyone cry? One of the fights I was in the girl started crying. I don't know if it was from pain or frustration. I saw my husband fight a couple of times, but he knocked out the one guy and the other time the two guys he was fighting didn't cry.

When my husband hit me sometimes I would go off alone and cry. Not because it hurt but because he wanted to hurt me.

The only time I cried in the marine corps was when I wanted to hit this LT because he was a boot piece of shit that I just knew was going to get us all killed and when I tried to say something he acted like a DI getting into my face and shit. That's when Gunny asked him if he could talk to him for a minute.

This is why all marines love Gunnys. They know how to handle boot louies.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:40 PM
I beat up about a dozen devil dogs and none of them ever cried. Maybe I was too easy on them.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Devil dogs like sandwiches from the PX and forty ounces of beer at a time.

And beef jerky.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:41 PM
I beat up about a dozen devil dogs and none of them ever cried. Maybe I was too easy on them.

I heard. Alyosha said you were (this is a direct quote) a "fightie boy". :D

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:42 PM

Was that all at the same time?

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:43 PM
The only time I cried in the marine corps was when I wanted to hit this LT because he was a boot piece of $#@! that I just knew was going to get us all killed and when I tried to say something he acted like a DI getting into my face and $#@!. That's when Gunny asked him if he could talk to him for a minute.

This is why all marines love Gunnys. They know how to handle boot louies.

I don't mean to be CIA, but what is an LT? And a boot louies?

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:44 PM
And beef jerky.

Field list:

Beef jerky
Hot sauce
Cigarettes
Dip
Beef-a-roni
Sunflower seeds

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:45 PM
I don't mean to be CIA, but what is an LT? And a boot louies?

A lieutenant and a boot louie (I may not spell that correctly) is a lieutenant fresh out of officer training who's got no salt.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:46 PM
I wish I had joined the Marines instead of what I was doing back in those days. Would they take a woman back when I was 18 (1975)?

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:47 PM
I wish I had joined the Marines instead of what I was doing back in those days. Would they take a woman back when I was 18 (1975)?

Sure but you would have probably been the only straight female in the entire marine corps.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:47 PM
I heard. Alyosha said you were (this is a direct quote) a "fightie boy". :D

I really wasn't though. Just lots of smack talkers in the marines.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:48 PM
I really wasn't though. Just lots of smack talkers in the marines.

True. Everyone fights. It's the type of people attracted to the marines. They all need a punch to the mouth. Ref Animal Mother

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Was that all at the same time?

Over the course of about three years. Devil dogs like to talk trash.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:49 PM

Most fights were over some bf dropping dimes.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:50 PM

Doesn't anyone ever get seriously injured from fighting? I cared for a lot of fight victims when I worked ER.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:52 PM

Or someone calling me a fag.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Doesn't anyone ever get seriously injured from fighting? I cared for a lot of fight victims when I worked ER.

Yea, the other guy...

Perianne

You guys speak Marine talk. What is dropping dimes?

Animal Mother
Or someone calling me a fag.

I don't play that shit, either. Fuck my girlfriend but don't call me a fag.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Yea, the other guy...

No, I mean like broken orbital sockets, or broken jaws, and the like. Those are very serious. Maybe I just saw the worst of the worst. My husband only broke my nose one time, but no other broken bones.

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Yea, the other guy...

That's what I'm talking bout!

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:55 PM
I don't play that $#@!, either. $#@! my girlfriend but don't call me a fag.

Then what was that about you wishing Codename would get drunk?

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 04:56 PM
You guys speak Marine talk. What is dropping dimes?

It's when some little fag decides to rat you out about something.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 04:57 PM
No, I mean like broken orbital sockets, or broken jaws, and the like. Those are very serious. Maybe I just saw the worst of the worst. My husband only broke my nose one time, but no other broken bones.

I never beat anyone that bad, but I got jumped one time at a club in long beach and broke my right cheekbone in two places and got a couple of concussions.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 04:58 PM
I never beat anyone that bad, but I got jumped one time at a club in long beach and broke my right cheekbone in two places and got a couple of concussions.

Oh my gosh!!!

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 04:58 PM
There was always some reason to fight someone. Marines bitch and drop dimes and get drunk and run their mouths or whatever.

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 05:01 PM
The marine corps is a strange branch of service. You have this mix of shitbags and super motos and they're all stuck in one spot together and you never get what you need so there's always some kind of fight happening.

Plus marines love to watch fights so there is always a guy like me stirring shit (dropping dimes) to get two people to fight just because you're bored. One time I even got Wash and Code to fight by saying to Wash that Code called his sister.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Oh my gosh!!!

Lesson learned.

When you're outnumbered, punch first and run or prepare for an arse whooping.

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 05:05 PM
This reminds me I still owe Codename Section one...

Perianne
10-20-2014, 05:06 PM
This reminds me I still owe Codename Section one...

Do you keep score?

Dark Mistress
10-20-2014, 05:06 PM
The marine corps is a strange branch of service. You have this mix of $#@!bags and super motos and they're all stuck in one spot together and you never get what you need so there's always some kind of fight happening.

Plus marines love to watch fights so there is always a guy like me stirring $#@! (dropping dimes) to get two people to fight just because you're bored. One time I even got Wash and Code to fight by saying to Wash that Code called his sister.

Haha
:laugh:

I think that's one of the few things Cthulhu misses... fighting.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Do you keep score?

Yep.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 05:09 PM
I find you guys funny. I could have never really been a Marine because I don't really like to fight. And I would have been the smallest person around. I think dykes are probably tougher than I am.

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 05:10 PM
I find you guys funny. I could have never really been a Marine because I don't really like to fight. And I would have been the smallest person around. I think dykes are probably tougher than I am.

Dykes are tougher than a lot of people. We have a buddy that got beaten by a dyke FM in the Dreamland geedunk. Fucking awesome. I'm surprised he didn't run off into a spray of bullets after that.

I would have.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 05:11 PM
I miss those things where some guy would talk about motorcycle safety for two hours.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Safety briefs, those things sucked.

Should have called them safety longs instead.

Dark Mistress
10-20-2014, 05:15 PM

It's part of the reason I like these guys. Reminds me of why I married my husband. As far as I was concerned before I met him marines were the best. I was just lucky enough to find one :wink:.

I used to do a lot of latin dancing before I got married. In an effort to ward the latinos away I wore a fake engagement ring and claimed I was engaged to someone who was deployed. It didn't do anything for me. Totally dishonest. I am ashamed... I just wanted to do what I loved and not be pawed at.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Safety briefs, those things sucked.

Should have called them safety longs instead.

What is a safety brief? Is that a Fruit of the Loom with a cup built in?

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 05:17 PM
I miss those things where some guy would talk about motorcycle safety for two hours.

I was trying to decide which course I hated the most and it has to be the MP shit. No, the bus driving school. No, the MP shit. Definitely.

del
10-20-2014, 05:21 PM
The marine officers are tough but they're still not grunts. Some were like Pete who started as a soldier/grunt and then went into the officer corps--those dudes are usually tough but it's generally accepted in the marine corps that senior enlisted are the shit.

Like an LT definitely outranks any sergeant in the marine corps. However there is NO LT in the world that would talk shit to a sergeant major, especially not the sergeant major of the marine corps.

i made 0-4 before i even thought about perhaps maybe suggesting to a cmc that he might possibly not be as right as he thought he was.

of course, i was wrong

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 05:22 PM
What is a safety brief? Is that a Fruit of the Loom with a cup built in?

It's the overlong recitation of common sense safety tips that precedes weekend liberty. Stuff like wear condoms and don't drink and drive on your new motorcycle. Bunch of buzzkills.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
It's the overlong recitation of common sense safety tips that precedes weekend liberty. Stuff like wear condoms and don't drink and drive on your new motorcycle. Bunch of buzzkills.

That's Navy Safety Center shit because all those vets were coming back from a deployment and buying bikes and killing themselves.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 05:24 PM
I like hearing about military stuff. It is a foreign world to me.

Codename Section
10-20-2014, 05:25 PM

Sometimes I miss it and then I wake up and punch myself hard in the face.

Perianne
10-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Sometimes I miss it and then I wake up and punch myself hard in the face.

Keeping score again? lol

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 05:28 PM
That's Navy Safety Center $#@! because all those vets were coming back from a deployment and buying bikes and killing themselves.

Shit was gay as hell.

Ethereal
10-20-2014, 05:29 PM

It's a dysfunctional gun club full of misfits and social maladaptives.

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 05:29 PM
If I could fight anyone on this forum in tapout it would be matalese. I think she'd give more challenge than you homos.

del
10-20-2014, 05:31 PM
If I could fight anyone on this forum in tapout it would be matalese. I think she'd give more challenge than you homos.

she'd kick your ass

Matty
10-20-2014, 05:31 PM
i made 0-4 before i even thought about perhaps maybe suggesting to a cmc that he might possibly not be as right as he thought he was.

of course, i was wrong
The one and only time right? :)

Animal Mother
10-20-2014, 05:33 PM
she'd kick your ass

no doubt.

del
10-20-2014, 05:46 PM
The one and only time right? :)

i'm rarely right, but never in doubt :)

Peter1469
10-20-2014, 06:51 PM

I broke some guy's collar bone so badly he got a medical discharge. He was an ass.

Cthulhu
10-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Haha
:laugh:

I think that's one of the few things Cthulhu misses... fighting.
Eh...to a degree. I've changed a lot though. If I needed to I could become the Utah Strangler once more.

But I am more interested in fixing people than breaking them now.

It's a dysfunctional gun club full of misfits and social maladaptives.

Fact. A band of underfunded vagabonds and miscreants.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Dark Mistress
10-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Eh...to a degree. I've changed a lot though. If I needed to I could become the Utah Strangler once more.

But I am more interested in fixing people than breaking them now.

Fact. A band of underfunded vagabonds and miscreants.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Well, hey there!

When you coming home? I still can't find my phone...