PDA

View Full Version : 1977 Motown Time Capsule.....

MMC
05-27-2012, 08:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R83A4CU1pus

Like the Title Says.....Music, Easy Like Sunday Morning. The Commodores! :afro:

I remember some of the footage with Carter.....Do you think he is hoping Obama will take his spot on that Leading Chart? :grin:

MMC
05-27-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miZWYmxr8XE

From the 70's til now. :angry:

Shoot the Goose
05-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Good stuff .... but Motown's heyday was really a decade earlier. Four Tops. Temptations. Smokey Robinson. The Supremes. That was one heck of an era in music. First album I ever bought was the Four Tops. And I'm white !

MMC
05-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Good stuff .... but Motown's heyday was really a decade earlier. Four Tops. Temptations. Smokey Robinson. The Supremes. That was one heck of an era in music. First album I ever bought was the Four Tops. And I'm white !

Yeah truthfully it was.....But I wanted to get something else up that was like a time Capsule. Figured that would be a good one to do with as the Temptaions were still hot thru the 70's. Plus what they were talking about back then is still going on now.

Others if they remember the times and if they can find something they can throw it up on in here.

Also the 60's and 70's were great for going to the Drive-in Theatres. I think there might be one left out in some NW suburb of Chi-Town. The rest of them have all closed up shop and went out of buisness. Same in NW Indiana too.

Guess due to the Memorial weekend. Brings back the times and some of the faces. Some of the last things said, then who's left that made it home. Every Memorial weekend there seems to be less and less of us left.

Shoot the Goose
05-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah truthfully it was.....But I wanted to get something else up that was like a time Capsule. Figured that would be a good one to do with as the Temptaions were still hot thru the 70's. Plus what they were talking about back then is still going on now.

Others if they remember the times and if they can find something they can throw it up on in here.

Also the 60's and 70's were great for going to the Drive-in Theatres. I think there might be one left out in some NW suburb of Chi-Town. The rest of them have all closed up shop and went out of buisness. Same in NW Indiana too.

Guess due to the Memorial weekend. Brings back the times and some of the faces. Some of the last things said, then who's left that made it home. Every Memorial weekend there seems to be less and less of us left.

I get mixed feelings listening to the old stuff. Brings back great memories ... then I start feeling old :rollseyes:

Landing on the moon was a really big deal when we did it !!

MMC
05-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I get mixed feelings listening to the old stuff. Brings back great memories ... then I start feeling old :rollseyes:

Landing on the moon was a really big deal when we did it !!

Yeah and it was a big deal to the Country. Even kids were all into it. I am the same way. It's a bitch getting old. Even if one keeps themselves in shape. The memories never to be forgotten.