PDA

View Full Version : Evening all

Viv
05-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Well it's evening here...:grin:

Hello, it's just me. A few of you know me and two of you invited me, so I've come by to see what the fuss is about and it all looks very civilised :cool2:.

I am Scottish, I've posted on forums for a while and the posters who invited me are Beevee and Trinnity (so no clues there about political affiliations:wink:)

ramone
05-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Hmm, seen the avatar before on a different forum. Good to have you here, Ever post some place with a username that starts with a M? You know what a GF is?

Conley
05-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Great Scot! Welcome Viv, love the avatar.

Beevee
05-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Well it's evening here...:grin:

Hello, it's just me. A few of you know me and two of you invited me, so I've come by to see what the fuss is about and it all looks very civilised :cool2:.

I am Scottish, I've posted on forums for a while and the posters who invited me are Beevee and Trinnity (so no clues there about political affiliations:wink:)

Hello to you.

I can't wait for your input, mum!

From your loving 17 year old precocious child.

P.S. Why did you throw me out of the house and send me off to Canada? It's cold here.

Viv
05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Hmm, seen the avatar before on a different forum. Good to have you here, Ever post some place with a username that starts with a M? You know what a GF is?

I have seen one other person use this as an avatar, but the staff removed it as it was an outrage...Stickman has been my avatar for about 6 years and IMHO it's bad form for someone else to use him if he's already in use.

I post as myself. I don't believe I have used a name beginning with M, although I have seen your baby before somewhere.

Probably everyone knows what a GF is but as I don't know your context, perhaps you are thinking of someone else. However, if you have any qualms about my posting, I don't mind moving on if I make someone uncomfortable.

Well I will make you uncomfortable, I'm that kind of person. But you know what I mean.

Viv
05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Hello to you.

I can't wait for your input, mum!

From your loving 17 year old precocious child.

P.S. Why did you throw me out of the house and send me off to Canada? It's cold here.

Son...as I explained before, it's because you're a polar bear.

Viv
05-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Great Scot! Welcome Viv, love the avatar.

Thank you. You look cuddly :hello:

Beevee
05-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Son...as I explained before, it's because you're a polar bear.

That's not true. Dad whitewashed me while you were asleep. Can I come home now?

Canada doesn't love me any more. They say I am using up all their welfare credits.

MMC
05-27-2012, 03:15 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4701967568601655&pid=1.1

Greetings Viv.....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant. :yo2:

Conley
05-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Thank you. You look cuddly :hello:

I'm glad you think so...don't hold my lack of dental hygiene against me.

Viv
05-27-2012, 03:16 PM
That's not true. Dad whitewashed me while you were asleep. Can I come home now?

Canada doesn't love me any more. They say I am using up all their welfare credits.

Sit down son, I have something to tell you.

I washed you while you were asleep. Your Dad is not really your Dad...

Smartmouthwoman
05-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Welcome, Viv. I'm glad you're here to straighten Beevee out. He's been decidedly unruly. ;)

wingrider
05-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you. You look cuddly :hello: I have seen that avatar bdfore and it was used by a person who shall remain unnamed at this point.. MMC think about that avatar and who used it..

Viv
05-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I have seen that avatar bdfore and it was used by a person who shall remain unnamed at this point.. MMC think about that avatar and who used it..

Whoever it was, I'm not him. But it's fine. If you are not comfortable with me posting, I don't want to cause a panic in the ranks. I'll just push off. Good luck with your forum.

Trinnity
05-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Aw Viv, my sweet friend. So glad you decided to join in. We're having a great time. Better now that you're here.

Conley
05-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Whoever it was, I'm not him. But it's fine. If you are not comfortable with me posting, I don't want to cause a panic in the ranks. I'll just push off. Good luck with your forum.

Sorry about this ridiculousness.

Smartmouthwoman
05-27-2012, 03:33 PM

Now, now... no need to rush off, Viv. Folks here have been very welcoming... not your fault they know somebody nasty who used the same avatar. I don't think they're accusing you of being him/her... just brought up bad memories for 'em!

{Edited to add: Geesh, is this me, pleading with a lefty to stick around? Somebody call 911, I must've had a seizure!}

Conley
05-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Thank you for being a voice of reason. Most people here are welcoming and friendly.

URF8
05-27-2012, 04:15 PM

Welcome Viv. Glad to see you here. Please stay and enjoy the discussions. You can call me Albert.

Trinnity
05-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Now c'mon everyone. Any forum need differing views. It's gonna be okay.
Gotta have some libs and Viv's a nice gal.
I know trolls I wouldn't invite here in a million years. <shudder>

wingrider
05-27-2012, 04:19 PM
not at all post all you wish .. it is just that there seems to be something about your avatar that I have seen before .. I am not saying anything .. by the way how do you know it is a HE.. I never said anything about gender ya know... LOL you are more thatn welcome here so post away.. NP

MMC
05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Yes.....feel free to drop in anytime. Besides even if it was that other individual. It's not like that matter wouldn't get resolved anyways.

Shoot the Goose
05-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Viv.

You got no avatar. Either I am losing my mind, and eyesight, worse than I thought .......

....... or you got no avatar.

Stick-man is OK.

Viv
05-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Viv.

You got no avatar. Either I am losing my mind, and eyesight, worse than I thought .......

....... or you got no avatar.

Stick-man is OK.

I took him down to avoid incitement of Stickman riots. It's been an unusual experience so far. Most people comment and like it, some have protested when I've changed it, but no one has staged an anti-Stickman protest until now..:laugh:...and if it couldn't get any better, Alberto is here.
Ok Al, do you want to get it out of the way before I decide whether to settle in or not? :violent1:

Viv
05-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Welcome, Viv. I'm glad you're here to straighten Beevee out. He's been decidedly unruly. ;)

He does seem to be enjoying it.

Sorry about this ridiculousness.

Thank you. If you exit because of that though, I will be eternally guilty about it. All it has done is save me the onerous task of testing the moderators to make sure they are sane before I invest in the forum.

MMC
05-28-2012, 07:15 AM
There is none staging a protest of your Avatar.....despite whatever questioning or comments that came up over it. You are free to choose that Avatar if such is your choice.

We are glad you have returned.....so again Welcome to the Political Forums of The Rant!

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Glad to see you back, Viv.

Conley
05-28-2012, 09:26 AM
He does seem to be enjoying it.

Thank you. If you exit because of that though, I will be eternally guilty about it. All it has done is save me the onerous task of testing the moderators to make sure they are sane before I invest in the forum.

Turns out when I said 'sorry about this ridiculousness' I should have included myself...sorry to let the drama get out hand. It's great to see you're back!

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 09:54 AM
A little levity is needed right about now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

Frogger
05-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Tell the truth, Viv. That is not simply .a stick figure. It is an actual GIF of you

Goldie Locks
05-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Viv...welcome glad you are here

Shoot the Goose
05-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Tell the truth, Viv. That is not simply .a stick figure. It is an actual GIF of you

Bodda boom ..... :)

Goldie Locks
05-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Bodda boom ..... :)

Bing Bodda Boom...LOl

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Tell the truth, Viv. That is not simply .a stick figure. It is an actual GIF of youFunny you mention that, frogger. I've seen pics of Viv and she's pretty. A lovely woman.

Viv
05-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Funny you mention that, frogger. I've seen pics of Viv and she's pretty. A lovely woman.

Hehhh...thank you but Frogger knows how I look and has probably seen me make that same joke, to Volker I think. :laugh:

Frogger, I was walking here yesterday

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd18/VivR/Scenic/f43a1abf.jpg

and I saw 3 flat frogs on the road. None of your relatives, I hope. You need to come by and teach the rest of the frogs how to win at Frogger...they're plainly not getting the emails.

Smartmouthwoman
05-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Hehhh...thank you but Frogger knows how I look and has probably seen me make that same joke, to Volker I think. :laugh:

Frogger, I was walking here yesterday

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd18/VivR/Scenic/f43a1abf.jpg

and I saw 3 flat frogs on the road. None of your relatives, I hope. You need to come by and teach the rest of the frogs how to win at Frogger...they're plainly not getting the emails.

Beautiful!! Do you ever see 'nessie there? :shocked:

Trinnity
05-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah, Viv....what's up with the whole nessie thing?
Is it just a joke on the tourists?

Viv
05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Beautiful!! Do you ever see 'nessie there? :shocked:

...the River Clyde is an estuary, it's salt water, opening into the sea. Nessie allegedly prefers the fresh water lochs... :grin:

We have sea monsters from time to time, I posted in the other forum about Nessie's sister Bessie :laugh: . Occasional whales. Dolphins and seals are well established.

Bessie's bio:

Massive Sea Monster Terrorises Gourock!!

Well. Sort of.

Official records show, that in the summer of 1942, the carcass of a large unidentified creature was washed up at Cardwell Bay. Council Officer Charles Rankin was sent to observe the badly decomposed remains.

“Measuring 27-28 ft. long, it had a lengthy neck, a relatively small flattened head with sharp muzzle and prominent eyebrow ridges, large pointed teeth in each jaw, rather large laterally sited eyes, a long rectangular tail that seemed to have been vertical in life, and two pairs of “L”-shaped flippers (of which the front pair were the larger, and the back pair the broader). The head was comparatively small, of a shape rather like that of a seal but the snout was much sharper and the top of the head flatter. The jaws came together one over the other and there appeared to be bumps over the eyes - say prominent eyebrows. There were large pointed teeth in each jaw. The eys were comparitively large, rather like those of a seal but more to the side of the head. Curiously, its body did not appear to contain any bones other than its spinal column, but its smooth skin bore many 6-inch-long, bristle-like ‘hairs’ - resembling steel knitting needles in form and thickness but more flexible.”

Curiously, when Rankin cut open the beasts stomach, he found “a small piece of knitted woolen material as from a cardigan” and even more bizarre, “a small corner of what had been a woven cotton tablecloth - complete with tassels”. In Rankin’s opinion, the remains were that of a huge lizard, however wartime restrictions permitted him from taking any photographs of the creature. He rang the Royal Scottish Museum in attempt to convince them to examine the creature, but the museum were not interested. Scientific examination of the creature would have been unlikely during the war years, there was simply no time for such work. Consequently, the beasts remains were hacked into pieces and subsequently buried beneath the playing fields of St Ninian's school in Gourock, where they potentially remain to this day. However, Rankin removed one of the “knitting needle” bristles from the flipper of the creature, and he kept it for many years in his desk. It eventually shriveled to resemble a finely coiled spring.

Cryptozoologists suggest that the creature may have been a basking shark or even a puffer fish, but agree that the large pointed teeth of the beast would tend to suggest it was in fact one of the carnivorous shark species. If it was indeed a carnivorous shark, then the size estimated by Rankin would actually make it one of the largest sharks ever discovered, for even Great Whites rarely exceed twenty feet in length. Rankin himself remained unconvinced by the “shark theory”.

The mystery of “The Gourock Monster” was popularised in the late seventies when the story featured in an episode of “Arthur C. Clarke’s Mysterious World”. The Gourock section is about 3 minutes into the video. Children of the 60s and 70s may wish to view the whole episode to terrify themselves with the theme music.
http://talesoftheoak.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/massive-sea-monster-terrorises-gourock.html

Yeah, Viv....what's up with the whole nessie thing?
Is it just a joke on the tourists?

Don't ask me such questions, you know I can't tell a lie.:evil:

Trinnity
05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Wow! Thanks for the info, Viv. One more thing....do YOU think nessie and bessie are real?

I think if they are, they're some sort of descendents from the dinosaur era...
I just wonder why no one can get any proof....although I've seen the pics of the carcass mentioned in the article and they're pretty compelling, but it may have been a basking shark.

It's fun to talk about anyway.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SO_JYKtl9A8/SJVNgLDfibI/AAAAAAAAC8s/BTZ-Rs3qMrw/s320/california.jpg

Viv
05-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Wow! Thanks for the info, Viv. One more thing....do YOU think nessie and bessie are real?

I think if they are, they're some sort of descendents from the dinosaur era...
I just wonder why no one can get any proof....

It's fun to talk about anyway.

Loch Ness is miles long and deep, there could theoretically be anything in it. It apparently joins through underground caverns to the sea, so again there could be anything in it. It's a Scottish monster and therefore cunning, so it could theoretically be evading the hordes of US people (and other nationalities), submariners (yes, there is a submarine), boating tours and bus tourists who turn up without fail every spring to scan the loch with all kinds of high technology. The loch is also very peaty, i.e. the water is brown and full of earthy floaty things and there is no visibility at all, so they could be technologically thwarted.

Personally, I think there's nothing in it, but you know what an eternal cynic I am...:evil:

Beevee
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Loch Ness is miles long and deep, there could theoretically be anything in it. It apparently joins through underground caverns to the sea, so again there could be anything in it. It's a Scottish monster and therefore cunning, so it could theoretically be evading the hordes of US people (and other nationalities), submariners (yes, there is a submarine), boating tours and bus tourists who turn up without fail every spring to scan the loch with all kinds of high technology. The loch is also very peaty, i.e. the water is brown and full of earthy floaty things and there is no visibility at all, so they could be technologically thwarted.

Personally, I think there's nothing in it, but you know what an eternal cynic I am...:evil:

:shocked: Alternatively the monster is a reincarnation of Scota who having realised that the infusion of alcohol outweighs the combined weight of the Scottish population, realised what a monster country she had founded and decided to pay her dues in kind. :wink:

Smartmouthwoman
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Well, thx for the info, Viv. If you don't believe it exists and you live there, guess there's not much sense in our speculating about it, eh?

Now, a few years ago, I was visiting a place called Walnut Springs in Arkansas and went out for a walk in the woods early one morning. I happened across a foggy clearing and got the strongest feeling I wasn't alone. Never really saw anything, but if you told me the Boggy Creek Monster was watching me... I'd believe you. (click pic for more info)

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-arkansas/BoggyCreekMonsterMovie.jpg (http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ar-quirky.html)

Viv
05-30-2012, 02:40 PM
:shocked: Alternatively the monster is a reincarnation of Scota who having realised that the infusion of alcohol outweighs the combined weight of the Scottish population, realised what a monster country she had founded and decided to pay her dues in kind. :wink:

They're even destroying that myth, by introducing minimum alcohol pricing to wean us all off the strong drink. Scotland is not what is used to be.

Well, thx for the info, Viv. If you don't believe it exists and you live there, guess there's not much sense in our speculating about it, eh?

Now, a few years ago, I was visiting a place called Walnut Springs in Arkansas and went out for a walk in the woods early one morning. I happened across a foggy clearing and got the strongest feeling I wasn't alone. Never really saw anything, but if you told me the Boggy Creek Monster was watching me... I'd believe you. (click pic for more info)

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-arkansas/BoggyCreekMonsterMovie.jpg (http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ar-quirky.html)

Ooooh creepy. The Boggy Creek, is that near the Shifty Swamp...(warning...v loud music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ELT9PdQuAE

These things are great for local economy and make the place interesting. During his trial, Captain Kidd announced his birthplace as Greenock, a town near here. That is hotly debated, as some say he was born in Dundee, but plainly he knew Greenock and if he said it, that's enough for us to start a Captain Kidd festival and go about dressed as pirates and wenches.

Yes you do know Captain Kidd...he's the one all the movie pirates are based on...

Conley
05-30-2012, 03:16 PM
They're even destroying that myth, by introducing minimum alcohol pricing to wean us all off the strong drink. Scotland is not what is used to be.

Ack, that sounds terrible. Never made it to Scotland but I remember backpacking around Europe many years ago on a shoestring budget. I had a six pack of cheap disgusting malt liquor in my pack which ended up leaking and covering all my clothes, books, and other stuff. My pack and the rest of it all smelled even better after baking in the sun that summer. I wasn't invited back. Good times!

Trinnity
05-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Ack! Ack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE6LMUxpE7w&amp;feature=related

Conley, are you keeping a secret from us?

j/k, ya know I luv ya

Conley
05-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Ack! Ack!

Conley, are you keeping a secret from us?

j/k, ya know I luv ya

:laugh: Rest assured I'm nowhere near as handsome as those devils!

Trinnity
05-30-2012, 05:38 PM
LOL, yer so funny~

Conley
05-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Those guys bear a frightening resemblance to Homeland Security Michael Chertoff...just sayin'

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Michael_Chertoff,_official_DHS_photo_portrait,_200 7.jpg/220px-Michael_Chertoff,_official_DHS_photo_portrait,_200 7.jpg

MMC
05-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I thought Fat-Janet was Head of Homeland Security. :undecided:

Conley
05-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Chertoff was DHS in the Dubya days, after that he started pushing those sitting-in-storage TSA body scanners as a lobbyist and now he's got his own consulting group with Hayden from the CIA and a few other bigwigs.

MMC
05-30-2012, 07:19 PM
What a waste of Space and taxpayers money that Dept is! :angry:

Trinnity
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Those guys bear a frightening resemblance to Homeland Security Michael Chertoff...just sayin'

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Michael_Chertoff,_official_DHS_photo_portrait,_200 7.jpg/220px-Michael_Chertoff,_official_DHS_photo_portrait,_200 7.jpg

I hate to say it, but he looks kinda like your sloth. Sorry.

My eagle is on alert; does not like the looks of this guy - he looks shifty.

Conley
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
I hate to say it, but he looks kinda like your sloth. Sorry.

Ha, now that you mention it you're right. Bummer!

Trinnity
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Oh hell yeah. I was wondering ir you posted that pic because he DOES look like your sloth, lol.
Does the little sloth have a name?

Conley
05-31-2012, 04:00 PM
He didn't...now I guess he's Michael. :grin:

MMC
05-31-2012, 07:25 PM
He didn't...now I guess he's Michael. :grin:

Is that Michael/Miguel who rode the Boat Ashore. :angel12: