PDA

View Full Version : LEAD SINGER: Warrant Found Dead.....

MMC
08-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Jani Lane News - Yahoo! Music
Tributes planned for ex-Warrant frontman Jani LaneAP, Aug 12, 2011 6:25 pm PDT.....

As investigators searched for clues Friday as to what killed Jani Lane, the former lead singer of the metal rock band Warrant, his family and friends prepared for a pair of memorial services to honor the rocker.
Lane, 47, was found around dead Thursday in a hotel room in the San Fernando Valley, which is north of downtown Los Angeles. Coroner's officials did not determine a cause of death after an autopsy Friday, but said they would wait to see the results of toxicology testing that could take up to two months.

With his long blond hair and tight leather outfits, Lane embodied the excess of 1980s "hair metal" rock bands. He joined Warrant in 1984 and wrote such hits as "Heaven," "Down Boys" and "Cherry Pie."
He had an on-and-off relationship with the band, leaving it in 1992 before returning and quitting several times. He left the band for good in 2008.

The current band will offer a tribute to Lane at a performance Friday night in Grand Forks, N.D., their publicist said.....snip~

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/3685990.jpg

Cherry Pie.....I think I will play that in one of the Music Threads. R.I.P JANI LANE.

Conley
08-13-2011, 08:39 AM
That's sad, I knew he had big problems with his weight, drugs, and alcohol. He was on one of those tv rehab shows at least once or twice. Seems he couldn't keep it together. :(

MMC
08-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Warrant - Cherry Pie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQuDUv5uL8#)

Dedicated to Jani Lane.....

Conley
08-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Always liked this one... the ballad :)

Warrant - Heaven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSdXtFJG20#)

MMC
08-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Warrant - Machine Gun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUi0cqBBm9c#)

Try this one my brutha..... >:D

Conley
08-13-2011, 10:50 AM
not bad....thought that was dee snyder in the first few seconds of the vid :D

Conley
08-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Poor kid was named John Kennedy Oswald by his parents. Musta been on some shit to do that.

Conley
08-13-2011, 10:55 AM
"I was born Feb.1 1964 in Akron Ohio. My mother, Eileen Oswald, was a huge JFK fan and was heartbroken over the recent assassination. My father, Robert Oswald (no relation to Lee Harvey, whatsoever “for the 10 millionth time”) was a stout, German, blue collar, tire maker and Democrat. Needless to say, he was also a big JFK fan. Long story short, in tribute to, in my opinion, the last “REAL” President, my brilliant parents (I loved them both dearly) decided to name me John Kennedy Oswald…no joke. After about a month of harassing phone calls they changed my name to John Patrick Oswald and I was off and running!"

http://www.janilane.net/about/

MMC
08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
"I was born Feb.1 1964 in Akron Ohio. My mother, Eileen Oswald, was a huge JFK fan and was heartbroken over the recent assassination. My father, Robert Oswald (no relation to Lee Harvey, whatsoever “for the 10 millionth time”) was a stout, German, blue collar, tire maker and Democrat. Needless to say, he was also a big JFK fan. Long story short, in tribute to, in my opinion, the last “REAL” President, my brilliant parents (I loved them both dearly) decided to name me John Kennedy Oswald…no joke. After about a month of harassing phone calls they changed my name to John Patrick Oswald and I was off and running!"

http://www.janilane.net/about/

Coulda been worse.....he could have ended up with a name like Moonunit. Such as Zappa's kid.
Or Chastity like Cher and Bono's kid.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 12:50 PM
I always though hair bands were much more popular with females. I mean all these "dudes" look like women.

MMC
08-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I always though hair bands were much more popular with females. I mean all these "dudes" look like women.

Yeah I would think most of the chicks were all into those bands and those types of ballads.althought long hair was in way before the 80's. ;)

Conley
08-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Yeah I would think most of the chicks were all into those bands and those types of ballads.althought long hair was in way before the 80's. ;)

That music was the 80s. Sure the guys looked like chicks, but back then it was more about the music and videos were just getting started. There wasn't much other music that I heard on the radio. You couldn't find obscure music back then like you can now with the net. Music was expensive too.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 07:08 PM

Not perms though. :D Here is some long hair that that rocks. Custer was no hippie! >:( ;D

http://bp3.blogger.com/_diedsJj6wzM/RfbjaZ262aI/AAAAAAAAASo/trQvUwjshGs/s400/487px-G_a_custer.jpg

And beards? Bust out a J.EB. Stuart!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ep_albums/-985391818/41451/esa80.jpg

Mister D
08-13-2011, 07:09 PM

That music was the 80s. Sure the guys looked like chicks, but back then it was more about the music and videos were just getting started. There wasn't much other music that I heard on the radio. You couldn't find obscure music back then like you can now with the net. Music was expensive too.

'Twas obscure for a reason. ;)

Conley
08-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Custer looks more like a country music fan.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 07:15 PM

He was an Ohioan by birth. It's interesting how customs change with hair styles.

Conley
08-13-2011, 07:16 PM

Didn't you listen to Z100 as a kid? :P

Mister D
08-13-2011, 07:17 PM

Didn't you listen to Z100 as a kid? :P

I did! That and WPLJ. 95.5 I think. I remember Z100's first day on the air, actually.

MMC
08-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah and old JEB there sure don't look like he was into some prairie music neither.....

Conley
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I read somewhere J.E.B was embarrassed about his weak chin, so that's why he grew the beard that he did. It looks good, wish I could get away with something like that.

Conley
08-13-2011, 07:21 PM

He was an Ohioan by birth. It's interesting how customs change with hair styles.

:D There are still plenty of people who look like that in Ohio.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 07:23 PM

I don't know if that's a mullet.

MMC
08-13-2011, 07:28 PM

I don't know if that's a mullet.

Lets hope its not parted in the middle..... >:D :D

Mister D
08-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Watching Unforgiven right now. Great western. 8)

Conley
08-13-2011, 08:11 PM
I need to watch that one again. I remember enjoying it.

MMC
08-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Watching Unforgiven right now. Great western. 8)

With Eastwood, Hackman, and Freeman? Thats a great one.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah that's the one, MMC.

Conley, it's a very good movie. It's not at all like the spaghetti westerns but it's engrossing in a different way. The characters are lot more real.

Conley
08-13-2011, 08:40 PM

Conley, it's a very good movie. It's not at all like the spaghetti westerns but it's engrossing in a different way. The characters are lot more real.

I know, I've seen it. I said I need to rewatch it. ;D

Mister D
08-13-2011, 08:44 PM

I was just sayin'. Sheesh...don't make me start bustin' caps. >:( ;)

Conley
08-13-2011, 08:47 PM

:D :D :D

Don't make me angry...

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/images/unforgiven.jpg

MMC
08-13-2011, 09:39 PM

Yeeeeehawwww.....http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char092.gif >:D ;D