PDA

View Full Version : Transition from V.I.P. Program to Moderator System

ADMIN
05-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Members,

Due to the confusion regarding the positions of V.I.P.s and moderators, our forum will be transitioning from a mix of both roles into a consolidated format including only moderators.

Moderators will be appointed by myself with input from all contributors to this forum, and be selected based on past history as well as relationships with myself and other members.

Currently, no moderators have been assigned, and I will be strictly enforcing the standards we have established. As moderators are appointed, they will be posted here and linked from the home page. This should eliminate any confusion in the future.

I wish to reemphasize our mission statement here:

Mission Statement

To host world-class discussion across the political spectrum on the issues of the day; keep intervention of tPF staff to a minimum; encourage exchanges on the merits of even the most emotionally-charged topics

It is in this spirit that the changes are being made, and I trust all will abide by the Board Rules and Posting Standards outlined below:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/14-Rules-of-the-Board-aka-Common-Sense-and-Decency

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3332-Posting-Standards

Thank you all for your input and contributions to the forum.

ADMIN

ADMIN
05-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Dear Members,

Please join me in welcoming Conley, MMC, and Trinnity as your new forum moderators. They will be responsible for enforcing the standards we have agreed upon as a community, and deserve to be thanked and respected for their contributions to the site.

Thank you as well to all members of the Political Forums, new and old, for bearing with us during this time of change. Based on the quality of discussion and membership that so many of you contribute, we look forward to even greater success in the future.

ADMIN

ADMIN
05-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Please join me in welcoming Wingrider to our moderating team.

Smartmouthwoman
05-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Congrats to all the new mods!

Hope things continue to be laid back here. IMHO, more forums are ruined by over-zealous mods than unruly members so it'd be nice if everyone uses a light hand.

Esp since there's nearly more of y'all than there are of us!!!!

Egad! We're surrounded!!!! ;)

ADMIN
05-29-2012, 08:18 PM

Hope things continue to be laid back here. IMHO, more forums are ruined by over-zealous mods than unruly members so it'd be nice if everyone uses a light hand.

We thank you and the others who have provided their input during these changes.

I wish to reassure you that one of our key tenets included in our Posting Standards is to moderate as little as possible.

We believe that this new moderator system, which includes fewer positions than the previous V.I.P. role, will ensure the standards will be applied equally to all.

Smartmouthwoman
05-29-2012, 08:42 PM
We thank you and the others who have provided their input during these changes.

I wish to reassure you that one of our key tenets included in our Posting Standards is to moderate as little as possible.

We believe that this new moderator system, which includes fewer positions than the previous V.I.P. role, will ensure the standards will be applied equally to all.

No, no, we thank YOU for listening to us! I was j/k about being surrounded. Same folks I've enjoyed posting with before their official status was announced. I'm sure nothing will change there.

I think you've done an excellent job of laying out the rules here... that's gotta help keep down the need for heavy-handed moderating. Surely most people who post here can read. ;)

MMC
05-29-2012, 08:47 PM

Thanks SMW.....Don't worry, I only Bring out the Hammer when ya Calls me late for Supper. http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/smash.gif :evil: :wink:

URF8
05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
This place is starting to feel like home.

wingrider
05-29-2012, 11:27 PM
guys I will do my level best to be nuetral and fair. I am sure with the quality of the posters we have on this forum that most of the time things will go very smoothly..

wingrider
05-30-2012, 12:02 AM
another thing .... if any of you find issues on a thread that need addressed, please don't hesitate to pm me with the information, I , like the rest of the mods can't be everywhere at once so if you would help in this matter it can save us all a lot of misunderstandings and heartache..

thanks in advance .. wing

spunkloaf
05-30-2012, 02:28 AM
Not that I expect my feelings to be the center of concern, nor to disrespect anybody or rain on the welcome parade...but all this is way too goofy for me. :sad:

Trinnity
05-30-2012, 08:21 AM
another thing .... if any of you find issues on a thread that need addressed, please don't hesitate to pm me with the information, I , like the rest of the mods can't be everywhere at once so if you would help in this matter it can save us all a lot of misunderstandings and heartache..

thanks in advance .. wingMe too.

Nunya
06-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Trinnity and Wingrider as mods? Well, there goes the neighborhood. :icon_biggrin:

wingrider
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Trinnity and Wingrider as mods? Well, there goes the neighborhood. :icon_biggrin:
hey thanks for the sour persimmons ther fella... LOL

Nunya
06-02-2012, 03:13 PM
hey thanks for the sour persimmons ther fella... LOL

Just kidding wing. I think all four of the new mods are excellent choices!!:occasion14:

wingrider
06-02-2012, 03:23 PM
thank you I appreciate that,,

ADMIN
06-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Please join me in welcoming Chris to our moderating team.

MMC
06-11-2012, 11:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Alright Chris.....Welcome aboard. http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/2party.gif

wingrider
06-11-2012, 11:45 AM
welcome chris..

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome Chris!!! :toothy1:

:wav:

Conley
06-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Congrats Chris...try not to break anything :wink:

Chris
06-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks, guys and gals and ADMIN.

I think. :-)

With your guidance I'm sure I won't break too much.

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 01:16 PM
You can break this:

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4794575663858097&id=c0acaa1f738b036ae288fb2b5f7cea1c

Chris
06-11-2012, 02:18 PM
http://i.snag.gy/sHC76.jpg

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Ruh roh !!!!

Cigar
06-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks, guys and gals and ADMIN.

I think. :-)

With your guidance I'm sure I won't break too much.

If you do; I have a special rate for you ... to Fix it. :)

ADMIN
07-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Dear Members,

Please join me in welcoming our newest moderator, Captain Obvious.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Dear Members,

Please join me in welcoming our newest moderator, Captain Obvious.

Oh good, I'm on his ignore list...fine choice...not

MMC
07-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Oh good, I'm on his ignore list...good pick...not

Don't Worry Goldie.....ya keep Papa-bear fed and he won't bite. :laugh: :cya20:

Captain Obvious
07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
What???

When did this happen?

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 03:32 PM
What???

When did this happen?

Guess you don't remember huh??? Maybe you were drunk that night??? Maybe you just said I was and then never put me on ignore.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Don't Worry Goldie.....ya keep Papa-bear fed and he won't bite. :laugh: :cya20:

I thought you weren't suppose to feed the bears....LOL

MMC
07-20-2012, 03:33 PM
:sweating: Whew.....there for a Minute I thought ya was going to ask who was Eating in ya Porridge bowl. :cya:

MMC
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I thought you weren't suppose to feed the bears....LOL

That only works in Zoos.....Not Preserves.....uhm I mean natural habitats. :f_run:

Captain Obvious
07-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Guess you don't remember huh??? Maybe you were drunk that night??? Maybe you just said I was and then never put me on ignore.

Maybe I shoulda stayed drunk.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 03:40 PM
here...http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/4376-Our-Founding-Fathers?p=98550#post98550

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe I shoulda stayed drunk.

Maybe someone this thin skinned shouldn't be a mod.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Just sayin'

Captain Obvious
07-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I've been called many things online, not sure 'thin skinned' is near the top of that list.

But I figure it's senseless to keep members on ignore if I'm charged with moderation duties. Doesn't mean I have to have dialogue with some people though. The purpose of my using ignore is to keep inflammatory exchanges to a minimum - like with goose, he's a troll pretty much and is looking for such exchanges. The other reason was to keep the hecklers from wasting my viewing time.

So I guess I'll just have to keep to disregarding irrelevant posts for now.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I've been called many things online, not sure 'thin skinned' is near the top of that list.

But I figure it's senseless to keep members on ignore if I'm charged with moderation duties. Doesn't mean I have to have dialogue with some people though. The purpose of my using ignore is to keep inflammatory exchanges to a minimum - like with goose, he's a troll pretty much and is looking for such exchanges. The other reason was to keep the hecklers from wasting my viewing time.

So I guess I'll just have to keep to disregarding irrelevant posts for now.

Sure whatever irrelevant posts you want to make.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Plus, we now have a mod that attacks the poster instead of the post...cool. Calls me an idiot.

Trinnity
07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
People are gonna insult each other, otherwise we cannot have light moderation. As long as it doesn't get vicious or go on for a long time, we'll give the leeway.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Good, the Captain is an idiot and shouldn't be a mod.

wingrider
07-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Good, the Captain is an idiot and shouldn't be a mod.
Goldie.. I would appreciate it we could let this matter rest.. it really serves no purpose,,

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Goldie.. I would appreciate it we could let this matter rest.. it really serves no purpose,,

Sorry to disagree, but this person should not be a mod. Why would it serve no purpose????

Captain Obvious
07-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Damn, and I almost put Goldie on my X-mas card list.

wingrider
07-20-2012, 06:25 PM
to be honest both of you are even, the score is tied. you called him a moron, he called you an idiot.. so I say let it go... as far as Cap being a mod that was a consensus between the rest of the mods and Admin, you really have no say in the matter. sorry to be blunt about it, but that is the way it is

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh, I know I have no say, just expressing my opinion until they take away free speech. He should not be a mod.

Conley
07-20-2012, 06:30 PM
We all spend hours online arguing politics to people we've never even met and who aren't going to change their minds.

So as far as I am concerned we are all fools and morons :grin:

But on the bright side it is cool we have the strong feelings to speak up for what we think is right right. That's going to mean some insults get flung but at the end of the day anyone who dishes it out should be willing to take it too.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:32 PM
We all spend hours online arguing politics to people we've never even met and who aren't going to change their minds.

So as far as I am concerned we are all fools and morons :grin:

But on the bright side it is cool we have the strong feelings to speak up for what we think is right right. That's going to mean some insults get flung but at the end of the day anyone who dishes it out should be willing to take it too.

Well evidently the captain can't take it because he put me on ignore.

wingrider
07-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Well evidently the captain can't take it because he put me on ignore.
not any more... Mods can't put people on ignore,, we have to monitor the conversations,, sorry you are upset about Cap being a mod.. but give him a chance will ya? he may surprise you.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:39 PM
not any more... Mods can't put people on ignore,, we have to monitor the conversations,, sorry you are upset about Cap being a mod.. but give him a chance will ya? he may surprise you.

The whole point is he has insulted several and put me and others on ignore. Why would admin want to make this person a mod??? Just asking, because I don't understand the logic. What exactly is the criteria to be a mod?

Captain Obvious
07-20-2012, 06:40 PM
I have huge... ambitions.

wingrider
07-20-2012, 06:41 PM
The whole point is he has insulted several and put me and others on ignore. Why would admin want to make this person a mod??? Just asking, because I don't understand the logic. What exactly is the criteria to be a mod?
a willingness to spend hours every day dealing with issues such as this one.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh good grief!!!! Supposedly he is a CFO for a hospital, glad he has so much time on his hands.

Captain Obvious
07-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I am, and I do at times. I get to take afternoons off if the opportunity presents itself.

And I got a great compliment from the board president the other day, told me I was the best CFO that this hospital has had in over a decade.

wingrider
07-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh good grief!!!! Supposedly he is a CFO for a hospital, glad he has so much time on his hands.
I am an auditor for a Hotel chain,, and I have time for this.. whats the big deal.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:54 PM
The only big deal is this person from what he has presented so far, should not be a mod...bottom line.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:55 PM
I am, and I do at times. I get to take afternoons off if the opportunity presents itself.

And I got a great compliment from the board president the other day, told me I was the best CFO that this hospital has had in over a decade.

Good go back to being a CFO because being a mod is beyond your scope.

wingrider
07-20-2012, 06:56 PM
The only big deal is this person from what he has presented so far, should not be a mod...bottom line.
strictly your opinion and you are welcome to it... now shall we get on with other things that are more important,, like dissing Obama? that is my favorite pastime.. and I know you love it also

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, I do....can't wait until the Captain calls me an idiot again or bans me. Pffftttt

Trinnity
07-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I have huge... ambitions.....and ugly junk....LOL.

<just yankin' yer.........................chain>

Trinnity
07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah, Obama is a Marxist pissant!

Trinnity
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Okay, you two. Cap, I know you're just kidding, but others may not. Perhaps you both would like to move this to the insult thread.

Insult thread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3557-Mod-s-Discussion-Thread/page43http:)

But please ease up here, k?

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm done, had my say. That should make you all sooooo happy.

Shoot the Goose
07-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Oblivious. You know that I believe you to be about 90% jackass. But there is maneuver room in that remaining 10%.

And I got my spittin bullets ready lest you get uppity ............

:f_cheers:

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 08:48 PM
He's already uppity...just sayin'

ADMIN
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Members of The Political Forums,

Please join me in welcoming Bladimz as the newest member of our moderator team. Thanks to all of you for your contributions, and a special thank you to Bladimz for accepting this position.

Carygrant
09-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I have huge... ambitions.

And unlike the vast majority he lives up to his name -- far more often than otherwise . Being intelligent , smart and reasonable may be obvious but is way beyond most people's talents here .

Goldie Locks
09-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Congrats Bladimz!!! You will be great, I know it!!!

Captain Obvious
09-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks Blad for stepping up.

GrumpyDog
09-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Blad? Where are you Blah? HELLO!!

BLAD... ARE YOU THERE? WAKE UP MAN!