PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann wins Ames Straw Poll, Paul a Close Second

Conley
08-13-2011, 08:17 PM
"AMES, Iowa — Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann scored a victory in the GOP Ames Straw Poll on Saturday, a win likely to provide her considerable momentum as the 2012 race ramps up.

“What we saw happen today is this is the very first step toward taking the White House in 2012, and you have just sent a message that Barack Obama will be a one-term president,” said Bachmann (R-Minn.) after her victory was announced.

Bachmann took 4,823 votes, narrowly escaping a major upset at the hand of Texas Rep. Ron Paul who won 4,671 votes. Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty placed third with 2,293, a showing that is likely to raise questions about his ability to continue in the contest."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/michele-bachmann-wins-the-ames-straw-poll/2011/08/13/gIQApgnoDJ_blog.html

Mister D
08-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Paul did well in polls last time too. :-\

Conley
08-13-2011, 08:43 PM
If he could win the GOP nomination and POTUS I would actually have hope for the first time in a long time. I still prefer him over the rest of the candidates. They're all business as usual.

MMC
08-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow Bachmann only beat out Paul by a 152 votes.....Ron Paul seems to maintain steady ground. While all seem to bounce up and down. He stays steady on.

Conley
08-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I think Paul had a better chance last time around but to his credit he is still relevant.

MMC
08-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I think Paul had a better chance last time around but to his credit he is still relevant.

As long as he is running that audit on the Fed he is doing his job.....but Paul would scale back our foreign involvement, thats for sure.

Conley
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM

As long as he is running that audit on the Fed he is doing his job.....but Paul would scale back our foreign involvement, thats for sure.

I think it would be a good situation because Paul and Congress would put the brakes on each other...we'd get a more responsible federal government. Obviously something needs to change, and change drastically if this country is going to survive. Paul is the only candidate who offers that in my opinion.