PDA

View Full Version : DID PERRY Fire A Shot Across the Bow Against Bachmann and Palin.....

MMC
08-14-2011, 08:38 AM
DID Perry, the GOP Govenor from Texas fire a shot across the bow of Bachmann and Palin by going on Campaign and annoucning his candidacy in So. Carolina? Taking 5th in the Straw Poll and not even showing to speak. How will this break down with the Southern Cons. As well as Bachmanns ties with the Angelican Chritians in Iowa? Did Perry just Make Palin completely irrelevent with any of her thoughts about joining Campaign? How will this split the Tea party Vote? Lets see and here some of this Republican strategy that is playing on out there.

What say ye Neo-Cons? http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/boxing.png
What about ye Southern Cons? http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/boxing.png
Lets here what all you Baggers got to say! http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/boxing.png

Any of the left that feels they are up to the challenge can of course join-in. Especially all those that know how Republicans think and feel.....or course secretly we know you Worship US! http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/MOCKING/smileyworship.gif

Conley
08-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't consider myself a Republican. Or a Dem. Or a Tea Partier.

O0

But...

Heck yeah he did. He is gunning for SoCar and the announcement timing and location made perfect sense. That is where we will see what really goes down, though I am not at all certain he won't win Iowa too. I think Bachmann is done now, she had a chance against Romney but in a three horse race she comes in third (at best). Paul may end up with better numbers but will be marginalized by the GOP leaders as always.

MMC
08-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't consider myself a Republican. Or a Dem. Or a Tea Partier.

O0

But...

Heck yeah he did. He is gunning for SoCar and the announcement timing and location made perfect sense. That is where we will see what really goes down, though I am not at all certain he won't win Iowa too. I think Bachmann is done now, she had a chance against Romney but in a three horse race she comes in third (at best). Paul may end up with better numbers but will be marginalized by the GOP leaders as always.

Plus Paul is from Texas.....and he will split those Moderate Repubs away from the Neo-Con wanna-be. Not to mention Paul is the one that will even pull Tea Party backing away from Perry. IMO I do not see Romney even coming in second now. Plus he sounds desperate with he pleas to the GOP and those backing his play. They know he is wish-washy, a flip-flopper, and not even credible when it come to Foregin policy.

According to New Sources Romney is coming in again with the same amount of money last time. Not good for his case as he would need more. Plus it is clear now that the Neo-Cons and Rove will move quickly to tank Romney's political agenda. I think Rove will allow Bahcmann to lead the Charge against Romney now that she has forced Good-n-Pawlenty out of the race. ;)

Conley
08-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Do you think Paul has a chance?

MMC
08-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Do you think Paul has a chance?

Not when it comes to the money and the way the GOP will draw lines.....not unless all the Independants went with him. But if he was able to pull-off some sort of Miracle. I think he could beat Obama all based on his fiscal policies he would be talking about. Auditng the fed, limited government, limiting our footprint overseas, he isnt a Mormon. Still Christian.

Actually I don't see why the Repubs shouldnt go with him.....where would Obama rake him over the coals? Where could Obama attack Paul? Might be able to go after how long he has been around. But thats about it.....that I can think of for now.

Conley
08-14-2011, 09:56 AM
I think the GOP is feeling more and more confident with each passing day. While Paul would grab independents, at this point Perry would too...and they won't need many to topple Obama. He's dug his own grave here...I think to mainstream America Perry is more palatable but the Dems will hammer his religious affiliation. If Paul were to get the nomination they'd dredge up his 'racist' newsletters. The leaders of the GOP, defense, and the corporatists would all clearly favor Perry so I think he's now the front runner and it would take something major to upset him. Paul and Romney also have the stain of being previous losers when running. Generally nominees who win the nomination after losing don't do well (Dole and McCain for example).

MMC
08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I think the GOP is feeling more and more confident with each passing day. While Paul would grab independents, at this point Perry would too...and they won't need many to topple Obama. He's dug his own grave here...I think to mainstream America Perry is more palatable but the Dems will hammer his religious affiliation. If Paul were to get the nomination they'd dredge up his 'racist' newsletters. The leaders of the GOP, defense, and the corporatists would all clearly favor Perry so I think he's now the front runner and it would take something major to upset him. Paul and Romney also have the stain of being previous losers when running. Generally nominees who win the nomination after losing don't do well (Dole and McCain for example).

Agreed about the losers....and perry being the front-runner as the GOP have no others. When ya thinks the Eye of NEwt drops out? Did Santorum thow it in with Pawlenty?

Btw I did put somethin up on how that Egyptian Democracy is playing outs. >:D ::)

Conley
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I think Newt drops out in the next month. I can't see how he'll get the money to keep going. He's dead in the water.

MMC
08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't consider myself a Republican. Or a Dem. Or a Tea Partier. O0

But...

I don't consider myself a Republican. Or a Dem. Or a Tea Partier. O0

But...

http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/MOCKING/smileyworship.gif >:D :P ;D

Conley
08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
:-* ;D >:D

I am a FREE THINKER.

:o :o :o

MMC
08-14-2011, 12:00 PM
:-* ;D >:D

I am a FREE THINKER.

:o :o :o

Thats what she said.....after having the Cops Deliver the papers and throws you out the house you bought. :'( :-* >:D

Conley
08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
:D

I am going to have to start drinking soon to make sense of these posts. I think you've been huffing your anti-itch medicine ;D Seeing any blue moons or purple horseshoes? >:D

MMC
08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
:D

I am going to have to start drinking soon to make sense of these posts. I think you've been huffing your anti-itch medicine ;D Seeing any blue moons or purple horseshoes? >:D

Nah....just the usual Green Clovers with the red and brown stems. ;D

oh and coffee......don't forgets the coffee. Ya has to have the full effect.....plus ciggie to follow within a few minutes afterwards. ;D