PDA

View Full Version : Me

Howey
11-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Jeez. I just saw this subforum.

Y'all may not know it but I'm retired Air Force having been raised a Brat and lived and served all over.

Now I'm living off the gubmint tit (ugh) with 100% VA disability. I also counsel and assist vets (especially homeless) in getting SS and/or VA disability benefits. Obviously I'm a huge advocate of veteran's rights (and gay rights but y'all already know that :)).

Peter1469
11-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Thank you for your service!

Y'all may not know it but I'm retired Air Force having been raised a Brat and lived and served all over.

Now I'm living off the gubmint tit (ugh) with 100% VA disability. I also counsel and assist vets (especially homeless) in getting SS and/or VA disability benefits. Obviously I'm a huge advocate of veteran's rights (and gay rights but y'all already know that :)).

Howey
11-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Peter1469 just don't mention VA Healthcare to me right now.

sachem
11-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Thank you for your service.

Alyosha
11-23-2014, 05:09 PM

Sweet. We have a disproportionate number of vets on here.

Peter1469
11-23-2014, 05:16 PM
@Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) just don't mention VA Healthcare to me right now.

It took me years just to get a VA health care card.

Bob
11-23-2014, 05:21 PM
I have not checked recently. Does VA still have 8 classes of Vets?

The Xl
11-23-2014, 05:22 PM
It feel like veterans either have a bunch of different pensions and plans or are homeless.

Peter1469
11-23-2014, 05:39 PM
I have not checked recently. Does VA still have 8 classes of Vets?

Yes

TrueBlue
11-23-2014, 06:40 PM

We are very proud of you, Howev, for having served in the military fighting for our country! KUDOS to you, my friend, and thanks much!

Max Rockatansky
11-23-2014, 06:56 PM

Thanks for helping fellow vets. I was on active duty for 13 years and ended up retiring out of the Naval Reserve. In about 18 months I'll collect my first retirement check along with TriCare. Kegger at my place. Woot!

Mister D
11-23-2014, 08:16 PM

You;re for gay rights?

Howey
11-23-2014, 08:25 PM
You;re for gay rights?
Yes. Are you planning on infesting this thread with homophobic hatred?

Mister D
11-23-2014, 08:31 PM

:laugh:

Max Rockatansky
11-23-2014, 08:34 PM
You;re for gay rights?

I think most Americans who have taken the oath of enlistment continue to support and defend the Constitution.

I see the "gay rights" issue as a Constitutional issue. Specifically a 14th Amendment issue.

Codename Section
11-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Chair Force? Awww shit. :)

Mister D
11-23-2014, 08:41 PM
I think most Americans who have taken the oath of enlistment continue to support and defend the Constitution.

I see the "gay rights" issue as a Constitutional issue. Specifically a 14th Amendment issue.

I don't but that's good to know...I guess.

Codename Section
11-23-2014, 08:45 PM
How is it a 14th amendment issue? What the fuck? We have rights that we are born with. The Amendments are just prohibitions on government.

Who you fuck is like nowhere in the Constitution because Madison and other sane people wouldn't even consider romance something disputable by government. Come on now...

Codename Section
11-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Wait this is a "vet" thread. Is it about who's the handsomest vet because like I'd win that one fucking hands down.

Probably the most ripped and/or talented, too. Cuz like I'm awesome like that. :cool2:

Peter1469
11-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Wait this is a "vet" thread. Is it about who's the handsomest vet because like I'd win that one fucking hands down.

Probably the most ripped and/or talented, too. Cuz like I'm awesome like that. :cool2:

Not with an age handicap. :smiley:

Son.

Codename Section
11-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Not with an age handicap. :smiley:

Son.

Why you lyin'? I'm a fucking beast dude.

I mean...Dad.

Peter1469
11-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Why you lyin'? I'm a fucking beast dude.

I mean...Dad.

You have a long way to go to look as good as I do at 44 (45 in a couple of weeks).

However, I do wish you luck. :smiley:

Codename Section
11-23-2014, 08:53 PM
You have a long way to go to look as good as I do at 44 (45 in a couple of weeks).

However, I do wish you luck. :smiley:

LOL. Popeyes might catch up with me is what you're saying... :)

I'm only eating it on Saturdays and exercise twice as hard on Sunday. Couple weeks, huh? You should go skydiving on your birthday.

Peter1469
11-23-2014, 08:55 PM
LOL. Popeyes might catch up with me is what you're saying... :)

I'm only eating it on Saturdays and exercise twice as hard on Sunday. Couple weeks, huh? You should go skydiving on your birthday.

I was saving that for my last day.

Codename Section
11-23-2014, 08:59 PM
I was saving that for my last day.

LOL me too. We went bungee the other day. Took Aly with us hoping she'd spring back to life if she could conquer a fear. She refused.

Bummer.

Max Rockatansky
11-23-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't but that's good to know...I guess.
I support your Constitutional rights with equal vigor. Mostly out of enlightened self-interest. If you lose your rights, how long before I lose mine?

Pastor Martin Niemöller (http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007392)

How is it a 14th amendment issue? What the $#@!? We have rights that we are born with. The Amendments are just prohibitions on government.

Agreed. That's not the problem. The problem is our government passing laws that give special rights to some and denying those special rights to others.

One example would be Affirmative Action. Another would be the 1138 Federal rights and benefits granted to married couples.

Howey
11-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Chair Force? Awww $#@!. :)

pfffft!

Wait this is a "vet" thread. Is it about who's the handsomest vet because like I'd win that one $#@!ing hands down.

You are very pretty. :)

Howey
11-23-2014, 11:58 PM
It feel like veterans either have a bunch of different pensions and plans or are homeless.

Three. VA, state and SS.

strollingbonez
11-24-2014, 08:24 AM
o my is that you howie?

Max Rockatansky
11-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Not all veterans qualify for all or any of the plans. Most chronically homeless, be they veterans or not, are mentally ill. Unless a person is a danger to themselves or others, it's not illegal to be mentally ill. Therefore many homeless vets won't even apply. It's like Catch 22.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orr_(Catch-22)) was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he were sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

Philly Rabbit
12-10-2014, 07:17 PM

This is disgusting.

Redrose
12-10-2014, 07:20 PM

Thank you for your service and all you are doing for our vets. God Bless.

Peter1469
12-10-2014, 07:20 PM
This is disgusting.

Over acting again? :smiley:

Philly Rabbit
12-10-2014, 07:23 PM
I'd like to remind the forum feminists who continue to fall over themselves in praise of this guy that if he is indeed retired career air force - meaning he spent at least 20 years in there, he had to follow the code of conduct in order to last that long including while he was on duty and on base and while wearing the uniform of the United States anywhere else in public.

Just a little food for thought for all of you.

Max Rockatansky
12-10-2014, 07:25 PM
I'd like to remind the forum feminists who continue to fall over themselves in praise of this guy that if he is indeed retired career air force - meaning he spent at least 20 years in there, he had to follow the code of conduct in order to last that long including while he was on duty and on base and while wearing the uniform of the United States anywhere else in public.

Which he obviously did if he retired and is drawing a pension. How long did you serve?

Peter1469
12-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Which he obviously did if he retired and is drawing a pension. How long did you serve?

He doesn't have a point.

Howey
12-10-2014, 08:00 PM

Your point is, Silly Philly?

Redrose
12-10-2014, 08:01 PM

I'm not going to pass judgment on him. He said he served, he said he is retired, he says he is working to help other vets in need. That's good enough for me. Until proven otherwise, I'll say thanks to him.

Peter1469
12-10-2014, 08:02 PM
I know several people who served 20+ years as closet homosexuals.

Philly Rabbit
12-11-2014, 08:56 AM
He doesn't have a point.

We're going to protect you - don't worry.

Peter1469
12-11-2014, 09:00 AM
We're going to protect you - don't worry.

I don't need it.

Philly Rabbit
12-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm not going to pass judgment on him. He said he served, he said he is retired, he says he is working to help other vets in need. That's good enough for me. Until proven otherwise, I'll say thanks to him.

Although I myself have serious reservations about his claims, it's important to realize that if indeed he is retired military and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to make my point, that while he served, he was a soldier - or whatever they call them in the air force, and not a homo sexual activist.

That's how he managed to arrive at his pension and for no other reason.

Peter1469
12-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Although I myself have serious reservations about his claims, it's important to realize that if indeed he is retired military and I
'll give him the benefit of the doubt to make my point, that while he served, he was a soldier - or whatever they call them in the air force, and not a homo sexual activist.

That's how he managed to arrive at his pension and for no other reason.

Repeating those claims make you look like an activist. Are you?

silvereyes
12-16-2014, 12:41 AM
I see philly withtheteenieweenie is polluting yet ANOTHER thread.

Howey: I salute you. :)

Howey
12-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Repeating those claims make you look like an activist. Are you?

I see philly withtheteenieweenie is polluting yet ANOTHER thread.

Howey: I salute you. :)

He's a troll. That's all they know.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 01:06 PM
He's a troll. That's all they know.

He's face down in the bushes under the bridge now.

PolWatch
12-16-2014, 01:13 PM
He's face down in the bushes under the bridge now.

oh, the image that produces!

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 01:34 PM
oh, the image that produces!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/237/b/0/The_lying_down_game_by_Zomby_Anton.jpg

Bob
12-16-2014, 01:45 PM

Then you see no reason to block a brother from marrying his sister, a widow marrying her son or a man marrying a number of women that want him as their husband. Max Rockatansky

Codename Section
12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
I actually wouldn't stop anyone from marrying anyone. All the rulers of Egypt did it. It's not my life or my business. I have one life and I should be allowed to make my own decisions about how I use or abuse it.

Bob
12-16-2014, 01:48 PM
How is it a 14th amendment issue? What the fuck? We have rights that we are born with. The Amendments are just prohibitions on government.

Who you fuck is like nowhere in the Constitution because Madison and other sane people wouldn't even consider romance something disputable by government. Come on now...

If they got rid of every benefit created purely to promote marriage, the homo crowd would not care and would drop the issue of marriage like a hot potato.

Codename Section
12-16-2014, 01:52 PM
If they got rid of every benefit created purely to promote marriage, the homo crowd would not care and would drop the issue of marriage like a hot potato.

Yes?

Bob
12-16-2014, 01:53 PM

I too am a vet though of but 2 years active as a draftee. Clearly I was not interested in some low paid job as a career.

We thank guys like me and the rest of the Vets but don't thank Congress, our mayor, etc. They served too.

When we are told we served, we were full time robots for the military.

I told Sgt. Dodd, then the first Sgt. of my unit we were denied freedoms enjoyed by the rest of Americans.

He barks at me, you are talking like a g'd' communist. I swear to the almighty, he said that.

Codename Section
12-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Yeh, no one on the modern military is a robot. :rollseyes:

nic34
12-16-2014, 01:57 PM
The "homo" crowd.

LOL!

Max Rockatansky
12-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Then you see no reason to block a brother from marrying his sister, a widow marrying her son or a man marrying a number of women that want him as their husband. @Max Rockatansky (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=575)

How far do you want the Fed to go into the personal lives of American citizens?

Do you really think that if a brother and sister was incestuous that not being able to marry would stop them?

Best, IMO, to just pull the Fed out of the marriage business. No special rights and privileges for married couples therefore no Constitutional conflict. Does this sound good to you Bob? If not, why not?

Bob
12-16-2014, 03:08 PM
How far do you want the Fed to go into the personal lives of American citizens?

Do you really think that if a brother and sister was incestuous that not being able to marry would stop them?

Best, IMO, to just pull the Fed out of the marriage business. No special rights and privileges for married couples therefore no Constitutional conflict. Does this sound good to you @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013)? If not, why not?

I say again, homos want this for FED benefits. State benefits really are not why they want marriage.

So, stop having the FEDS promote marriage of any form.

The constitution does not give married unique benefits. Tax regulation is where that comes from.

I am speaking of the fed only as to benefits.

Bob
12-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeh, no one on the modern military is a robot. :rollseyes:

I realize you are sarcastic, so I see things are still the same way.

Bob
12-16-2014, 03:13 PM
I actually wouldn't stop anyone from marrying anyone. All the rulers of Egypt did it. It's not my life or my business. I have one life and I should be allowed to make my own decisions about how I use or abuse it.

Do you believe marriage deserves any federal benefits?

Do you want marriage to be an issue between the married and no government ought to play any role? @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)

Peter1469
12-16-2014, 05:28 PM
The "homo" crowd.

LOL! homo sapiens?

Codename Section
12-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Do you believe marriage deserves any federal benefits?

no

Do you want marriage to be an issue between the married and no government ought to play any role? @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)

yes

Max Rockatansky
12-16-2014, 06:37 PM
The "homo" crowd.

LOL!

I'm guessing Homo Erectus.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm guessing Homo Erectus.

Homo Limpus never made it far up the evolutionary ladder.

Max Rockatansky
12-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Homo Limpus never made it far up the evolutionary ladder.

I heard he stayed home on erection day.