PDA

View Full Version : NFL To Keep Pro Bowl and Hold Game In Honolulu.....

MMC
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
NEW YORK (AP) After a promise from players that the game will be more competitive, the NFL will hold the Pro Bowl in Honolulu next Jan. 27, a week before the Super Bowl.

''The players have made it clear through the NFL Players Association that they would like the opportunity to continue to play the Pro Bowl in Hawaii,'' said NFL executive vice president Ray Anderson. ''We will support the players on this initiative to improve the Pro Bowl. We have had many discussions with the players in recent years about the Pro Bowl and they recognize that the quality of the game has not been up to NFL standards. We look forward to working with the players toward the goal of improving the competitiveness of this season's game.''

News of the Pro Bowl's return was met with praise by Hawaii tourism officials and Gov. Neil Abercrombie. Both Abercrombie and Mike McCartney, chief executive of the Hawaii Tourism Authority, hinted the state plans to deepen its ties to the league by helping it establish relationships in Asia - a continent with several major markets for tourism to the Aloha State.

''Beyond Hawaii's shores, we look forward to assisting the NFL in expanding upon their relationships in Japan, and help them to establish a presence in China - both important markets for Hawaii tourism,'' McCartney said.....snip~

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-keep-pro-bowl-hold-232230700--nfl.html

According to the NFL.....the Players wanted to keep the game. To me it is a waste being played a week before the Superbowl. But as we can see the NFL wants to expand into Japan and of course you know who.....thats right, China!

Conley
05-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Hmm, that is surprising news about the game still going on. I thought it was finished for sure. Maybe it will only last a few more years.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tokyo in the AFC West though. :grin:

MMC
05-30-2012, 09:27 PM
It shouldn't be played the week before the Superbowl.....maybe halfway thru the season. But most of the teams do come from Winter states. So they wants that vacation. I say they make enough. Play more Season games and let some other States get Teams. I hear New mexico wants a Pro Football team.

Cigar
05-31-2012, 08:34 AM
I've gone to 2, one in Miami and one in the Hawaii and they are great for fans but the actual game is a waist of time.

MMC
05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
I've gone to 2, one in Miami and one in the Hawaii and they are great for fans but the actual game is a waist of time.

Yeah, I think so to. Plus now those going to the Superbowl won't play in it even if they were picked to start. I can see why they would think they can drop it into the Asian Markets.

Cigar
05-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I think so to. Plus now those going to the Superbowl won't play in it even if they were picked to start. I can see why they would think they can drop it into the Asian Markets.

If your health is worth Millions and your time is limited ... I can see why they don't want to do.

Trust me ... my father in law played Pro Football in the 60s and 70s ... and he doesn't get around that good.

MMC
05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I have seen some of them afterwards.

Don't get me wrong those guys going to the Superbowl shouldn't have to play in that game. Why take any type of chances for injury. Hell, I wouldn't!

Are ya a Bears Fan?

Cigar
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I have seen some of them afterwards.

Don't get me wrong those guys going to the Superbowl shouldn't have to play in that game. Why take any type of chances for injury. Hell, I wouldn't!

Are ya a Bears Fan?

BIG TIME Bears Fan and Season Ticket Holder ... Club 3 - Section 212 :)

MMC
05-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Alright another Bear in Da House. :afro:

These guys razz me all the time cuz I am on Cutler's azz. We have a thread with last seasons games in here to. Plus some other misc. threads on certian peeps in football. You know how we are with Da Bears! :laugh: Especially when their screwing up. :grin:

Conley
05-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Oh no, now there are two of them! :facepalm: :laugh:

Yeah it was a toss up who MMC hated more...Cutler or Osama.

MMC
05-31-2012, 11:42 AM

Aaaaah.....Thats not hate bro.....thats Chicago Luv. Thumps and lumps. :laugh:

Okay......maybe the bodyslam was a little over the top. BUT WE LOST! :grin:

Conley
05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
I wish Charger fans were as tough as Bears fans...Norv Turner and AJ would have been out on their azzez years ago and we might have a ring or two.

MMC
05-31-2012, 11:55 AM
I wish Charger fans were as tough as Bears fans...Norv Turner and AJ would have been out on their azzez years ago and we might have a ring or two.

Lot of good we do.....Bears don't have one either. Not to mention it's been like what 37yrs. :undecided:

Plus we have one more year of Lovie Dovey. :facepalm:

Cigar
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM

Cutler has better taste in Women. :)