PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Problem

Howey
12-07-2014, 07:05 PM
When typing in a reply on my Galaxy S4 my phone freezes up. I have to turn the phone off and back on. This happens several times a day.

I would otherwise think it's the phone but it only happens when I'm on this site.

Any ideas?

PolWatch
12-07-2014, 07:06 PM
I was having the same problem with my computer...I found that if I deleted my history more often, no problem!

Safety
12-07-2014, 07:13 PM
When typing in a reply on my Galaxy S4 my phone freezes up. I have to turn the phone off and back on. This happens several times a day.

I would otherwise think it's the phone but it only happens when I'm on this site.

Any ideas?

Are you using the internet browser on your phone, or an app like Tapatalk? If it's the former, you could try to check to see if you are using "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" on the settings for this forum, and check instead "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" or "Basic Editor - A simple text box". Just a suggestion.

Howey
12-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Are you using the internet browser on your phone, or an app like Tapatalk? If it's the former, you could try to check to see if you are using "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" on the settings for this forum, and check instead "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" or "Basic Editor - A simple text box". Just a suggestion.
I'm using Chrome.

Safety
12-07-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm using Chrome.

Try going to "settings" (at the top next to your name) and then "my settings" scroll to miscellaneous and see which editor format you have selected. Enhanced interface was giving me a problem until I changed to basic.

Howey
12-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Try going to "settings" (at the top next to your name) and then "my settings" scroll to miscellaneous and see which editor format you have selected. Enhanced interface was giving me a problem until I changed to basic.
I changed it to basic. We'll see if that works.

Safety
12-07-2014, 09:20 PM
I changed it to basic. We'll see if that works.

cool, let us know if it works.

silvereyes
12-08-2014, 01:19 PM

Any ideas?

Do what I do? Throw it against the wall and as soon as it leaves your hand start saying this over and over, "please dont break please dont break."

Howey
12-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Damn. Just happened again.

silvereyes
12-09-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm using Chrome.

Get the dolphin browser. I love it!

Howey
12-12-2014, 06:23 PM
cool, let us know if it works.

It hasn't worked. Happened twice last night. I've deleted cookies, everything...but it continues. grrr....worst still it only happens here!

Safety
12-12-2014, 07:33 PM
It hasn't worked. Happened twice last night. I've deleted cookies, everything...but it continues. grrr....worst still it only happens here!

Try putting some posters on ignore, maybe it's a new anger feature....

j/k

Howey
12-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Awww c'mon! Am I the only one having this problem? ????

I just had to restart my phone three times to reply to a post. And that was to thank donttread for "manning up"!

TrueBlue
12-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Awww c'mon! Am I the only one having this problem? ????

I just had to restart my phone three times to reply to a post. And that was to thank @donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922) for "manning up"!
I've been having problems too though not exactly like yours.

When I come to the forum I get an "XML Parsing Error" quite frequently. I also get an "Unable to Connect" error very often. Wonder what's going on?
ADMIN any thoughts?

ADMIN
12-28-2014, 05:12 PM
I've been having problems too though not exactly like yours.

When I come to the forum I get an "XML Parsing Error" quite frequently. I also get an "Unable to Connect" error very often. Wonder what's going on?
@ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) any thoughts?
TrueBlue I'm not sure. I haven't seen those when I have visited. If it happens again, would you please post a screen shot? Also, I can take a look at our server logs if you include the exact time along with the image. Thanks.

Howey
12-28-2014, 08:35 PM
TrueBlue I'm not sure. I haven't seen those when I have visited. If it happens again, would you please post a screen shot? Also, I can take a look at our server logs if you include the exact time along with the image. Thanks.
I can't take a screen shot of my phone keypad locking up on me.

I have to c/p what I've typed in, restart the phone then paste it back in when I come back.

And pray.