PDA

View Full Version : Fix Your Flats ad thing

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Keeps triggering this webpage to go to a totally different website (Lemode magazine) . Am I the only one?

/Edit: When it pops up. I'm not clicking it or anything.

Peter1469
01-02-2015, 11:04 PM
sounds like a virus

Alyosha
01-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Nope you are not. I'm adding that to my blocking tool.

GrassrootsConservative
No it was in the new TPF ad thing. One kept coming up for me something "Fix your flats" and then TPF was gone and this other page was there. I'm not seeing it anymore. Right now there's one up for "Date Arab Women."

Not sure why anyone would want to do that.

Crepitus
Virus hijacking your browser.

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Nope you are not. I'm adding that to my blocking tool.

What do you use? I would like to have to not deal with it either. Super annoying and I'm really interested in Chloe and Mac and Bob's conversation about Gorebal warming.

Peter1469
01-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Are you talking about the Google Ads?

Get Ad blocker if you want.

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2015, 11:11 PM
Are you talking about the Google Ads?

Get Ad blocker if you want.

Is that what they're called? Whatever it is beneath the TPF banner and the Tags section thing nobody uses.

Peter1469
01-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Google Ads.

Here (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36579-Forum-Ads).

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Lol I kind of pre-empted whatever was going on. I have been refreshing my page over and over to see if I could get that same ad but it doesn't seem to be back. Thankfully.

Wonder how google figured me for the demographic of a black singles dating site.

Peter1469
01-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Lol I kind of pre-empted whatever was going on. I have been refreshing my page over and over to see if I could get that same ad but it doesn't seem to be back. Thankfully.

Wonder how google figured me for the demographic of a black singles dating site.

:shocked: Google knows!

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Well that's the scary part. I know how much they watch what you do. They probably know me better than I know myself, but I am not single. (edit: or black, obviously)

Nor do I have flats that need fixing, now that I think about it.

Peter1469
01-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Well that's the scary part. I know how much they watch what you do. They probably know me better than I know myself, but I am not single.

The big thing that gets me is that I get adds for stuff that I just bought. What are they teaching in college these days?

Alyosha
01-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Well that's the scary part. I know how much they watch what you do. They probably know me better than I know myself, but I am not single.

This one is based on the thread. Anyway, logoff and log back in.

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2015, 11:22 PM
The big thing that gets me is that I get adds for stuff that I just bought. What are they teaching in college these days?

I dunno, I didn't get suckered into going to college. If I had I would be in debt, not making money. Ask Chloe , I think people say she is graduating soon or something. Poor lass.

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2015, 11:24 PM
This one is based on the thread. Anyway, logoff and log back in.

Will do. I gotta go make a beer run away.

Peter1469
01-02-2015, 11:27 PM
I dunno, I didn't get suckered into going to college. If I had I would be in debt, not making money. Ask @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) , I think people say she is graduating soon or something. Poor lass.

I don't think Chloe is in debt.

Dr. Who
01-03-2015, 12:12 AM
Well that's the scary part. I know how much they watch what you do. They probably know me better than I know myself, but I am not single. (edit: or black, obviously)

I noticed that sometimes the ads relate to something posted on the page. Perhaps that is why you got black dating ads.

GrassrootsConservative
01-03-2015, 12:18 AM
I don't think Chloe is in debt.

Probably not. Someone else probably paid her way. Without outside forces though, I am almost 100% positive she would be in debt.

sachem
01-03-2015, 12:32 AM

Nor do I have flats that need fixing, now that I think about it.Obviously? To whom?

GrassrootsConservative
01-03-2015, 01:35 AM
Obviously? To whom?

I would think anybody.

Chloe
01-03-2015, 12:22 PM
I dunno, I didn't get suckered into going to college. If I had I would be in debt, not making money. Ask @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) , I think people say she is graduating soon or something. Poor lass.

I graduate in the spring. I'm not making money right now but I'm also not in debt.

Captain Obvious
01-05-2015, 08:12 AM
This is why I use AdBlock.

This was fairly common with IE, banner ad - don't even have to click it and it dumps malware on your computer.

Since getting Firefox and AdBlock years ago I've never had this problem since.

Common
01-05-2015, 08:13 AM
This is why I use AdBlock.

This was fairly common with IE, banner ad - don't even have to click it and it dumps malware on your computer.

Since getting Firefox and AdBlock years ago I've never had this problem since.

Same, I have adblock Plus plus some other addons