PDA

View Full Version : The Obama Bus Tour

Conley
08-17-2011, 12:08 AM
White House claims Obama’s bus tour is presidential, so taxpayers will fund it

Somehow, from somewhere, a bright political strategist on the president's reelection team has come up with the idea of sending Obama out in a bus on Midwestern roads in two weeks, just like real Americans, or real Americans who can still afford a short summer road trip.

The spectacle of a passing politician's bus and waving citizens provides grand visuals for TV during the usually slow summer news days. The president of the United States might even happen upon a curbside lemonade stand operated by surprised children who deserve the kind of future he has in mind for all Americans. And more of that.

Not so good visuals of the trailing motorcade of press buses, Secret Service SUVs, SWAT team vans and communications cars. Nor the angry motorists stalled nearby because the highway and every on- and off-ramp has been closed by uniformed motorcyclists wearing large guns.Obamatalks Debt at another Podium 8-2-11

But a presidential bus tour could help refresh the image of this poll-plagued Democrat a year before his renomination for POTUS.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/08/obama-bus-tour.html

Great use of taxpayer dough...

Conley
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Photo of the bus:

http://www.cbsnews.com/i/tim/2011/08/15/Obama_bus_A_121189518_620x350.jpg

Mister D
08-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Outrageous. Even if he genuinely believes he is not campaigning it still gives the appearence of impropriety. He should act more Presidential

MMC
08-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Outrageous. Even if he genuinely believes he is not campaigning it still gives the appearence of impropriety. He should act more Presidential

I don't know why they making a big deal about it.....looks like the one he had when he first ran. Althought I am sure this one is armored and etc etc. But your right it does make him look like he is campaigning.

Althought he did have a bunch of latinos that held a protest out in front of his Election HQ in Chicago. They are mad at him about immigration reform. Guiterrez Illinois Congresman is leading the Charge. Another Democrat.

Mister D
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM

I don't know why they making a big deal about it.....looks like the one he had when he first ran. Althought I am sure this one is armored and etc etc. But your right it does make him look like he is campaigning.

Althought he did have a bunch of latinos that held a protest out in front of his Election HQ in Chicago. They are mad at him about immigration reform. Guiterrez Illinois Congresman is leading the Charge. Another Democrat.

What they mean is amnesty. This country may as well give the southwest back to Mexico if we are looking at another amnesty. ::) At least BO wasted all his efforts on healthcare reform. Thank God he never got to touch "immigration reform".

Mister D
08-17-2011, 08:43 AM

The big deal is that he is using (or it look slike he is using) federal funds to campaign.

Conley
08-17-2011, 08:44 AM
:D Yeah that is another promise Obama backtracked on. He has deported more illegals than Dubya ever did. That's actually a good thing in my mind. Cracking down on medical marijuana on the other hand, not so much. He is in the pocket of big Pharma. Let Dr. Obama tell you which drugs terminal patients can use. ::)

Conley
08-17-2011, 08:46 AM

The big deal is that he is using (or it look slike he is using) federal funds to campaign.

Yes, he is campaigning and then denying it. Just because this bus isn't painted like his old one (or Sarah Palin's) doesn't mean it's not a campaign bus. Not to mention with the shit storm that is currently coming down with the downgrade, unemployment, stock market at 10k, home foreclosures, etc. he should be addressing this stuff and not going on a tour of Abraham Lincoln's boyhood haunts.

Mister D
08-17-2011, 08:49 AM

Yes, he is campaigning and then denying it. Just because this bus isn't painted like his old one (or Sarah Palin's) doesn't mean it's not a campaign bus. Not to mention with the shit storm that is currently coming down with the downgrade, unemployment, stock market at 10k, home foreclosures, etc. he should be addressing this stuff and not going on a tour of Abraham Lincoln's boyhood haunts.

Exactly. But even if he isn't campaigning it still makes a very bad public impression. A man of integrity wouldn't try to explain himself. He just wouldn't do it presicsely because it looks bad.

MMC
08-17-2011, 08:56 AM

If he is then the MSM should be all over it.....sure does like his Air Time tho. :-\

Conley
08-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Right, he should know better than to do this even if times were good.

The fact that he's doing this when a lot of Americans don't know where their next check is coming from shows an even greater disconnect. Then suggesting he has a plan to improve things which he will get around to when he returns to DC. This guy lives in a bubble just like Dubya...he is so used to being told his poop doesn't stink he thinks we don't realize it when we're being fed a steady stream of b.s.

Mister D
08-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Right, he should know better than to do this even if times were good.

The fact that he's doing this when a lot of Americans don't know where their next check is coming from shows an even greater disconnect. Then suggesting he has a plan to improve things which he will get around to when he returns to DC. This guy lives in a bubble just like Dubya...he is so used to being told his poop doesn't stink he thinks we don't realize it when we're being fed a steady stream of b.s.

Yeah, the state of the economy just adds to the insult. I'm sure he has managed to convince hiomself that his bus tour is only to reassure us or to "listen to the voters" but you'd think he'd have a little more sense. It's a sacy thing when pols belieev their own BS.

MMC
08-17-2011, 09:13 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/cartoons/assets_c/2011/08/ListeningTour2WebCR-8_16_11-thumb-700xauto-344.jpg

Cant listen if you doin all the talkin..... >:D

Conley
08-17-2011, 09:17 AM
:D

Awesome photo >:D

Mister D
08-17-2011, 09:31 AM
He just had argument with a tea party guy in Iowa.

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:08 AM
The Presidential model shown offers a Office area, Entertaining area, Bar, Bedroom suite and full Lavatory.
- Full partition between driver and passengers.
- Custom made interior trim panels.
- Decrotive Ceiling Inserts with Mood Lighting.
- Solid Brazilian Cherry wood flooring.
- Granite counter tops
- Refrigerator, Cook Top and Sink
- Bar Units with glass and bottle storage.
- J-seating to accommodate 10 passangers.
- Office with Desk and Chair, and wall and ceiling lighting.
- 50" Flat Panel TV
- Two 20" Flat Panel TV,s.
- Four Exterior Surveillance cameras.
- Bose Home Theater System
- Sleeping Quarters with mood lighting and storage.
- Full Bath with Granite Floor, Toilet, Sink and Shower.
- Diesel Generator.

Big Pimpin! :o

MMC
08-18-2011, 11:20 AM
The Presidential model shown offers a Office area, Entertaining area, Bar, Bedroom suite and full Lavatory.
- Full partition between driver and passengers.
- Custom made interior trim panels.
- Decrotive Ceiling Inserts with Mood Lighting.
- Solid Brazilian Cherry wood flooring.
- Granite counter tops
- Refrigerator, Cook Top and Sink
- Bar Units with glass and bottle storage.
- J-seating to accommodate 10 passangers.
- Office with Desk and Chair, and wall and ceiling lighting.
- 50" Flat Panel TV
- Two 20" Flat Panel TV,s.
- Four Exterior Surveillance cameras.
- Bose Home Theater System
- Sleeping Quarters with mood lighting and storage.
- Full Bath with Granite Floor, Toilet, Sink and Shower.
- Diesel Generator.

Big Pimpin! :o

WTF.....Brazilian Cherry Wood? Mood Lighting? Why does he have Mood lighting when his Wife isnt with him over 2/3rds of the time. Custom made Trim and Granite Counter-tops. Nothing Exceeds like Excess.....huh?

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
:D I'm thinking the mood is pretty low these days. Maybe the luxury cheers him up? >:(

MMC
08-18-2011, 11:32 AM
:D I'm thinking the mood is pretty low these days. Maybe the luxury cheers him up? >:(

Yeah.....that and I don't think Michele Obama is good looking at all. Must come handy with all his aides huh. But he is trying to cut spending. No, really he is. ::) That why he is taking a Ten day vacation at Marth's Vineyards. What happen to that abyss he was talkin about? >:(

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 11:36 AM
you complain about everything!

it is a bus it is not expensive

george bush took many more vacations

obama has very pretty wife too :) i see your woman thread you are wrong

MMC
08-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Oh come on now HR.....you cant hold that Bachmann picture against the thread. :D

Besides didnt you see the pics or videos of Halle Berre, Alisha Keyes, Stacey Dash. All black women and very gorgeous. Michelle Obama cannot compare.

Besides HR do you think Presidents should be spending all this type of money on a luxury bus at a time when everyone in the Country is struggling? Shouldn' he be setting the example and leading the way. Cutting excess spending? :)

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:48 AM
:D Why is everyone hating on my Michele picture? She's clearly a woman of talent. :o

MMC
08-18-2011, 12:38 PM
:D Why is everyone hating on my Michele picture? She's clearly a woman of talent. :o

Talent you say.....I thought she was suppose to be a Conservative Woman. :D :D >:D

Conley
08-18-2011, 12:43 PM

Talent you say.....I thought she was suppose to be a Conservative Woman. :D :D >:D

She looks like she could compete in that 4th of July hot dog eating contest. And you know I know my hot dogs. :'( :-\

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Getting back to the subject at hand, I don't understand the uproar that this bus tour has created. Perhaps I should say I do understand, and it is simply people looking for a way to strike out at Obama. The bus tour is not a big deal especially when we have the current problems. We would do better to keep the discussion a little bit out of the gutter and focus on ways to improve our country.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Getting back to the subject at hand, I don't understand the uproar that this bus tour has created. Perhaps I should say I do understand, and it is simply people looking for a way to strike out at Obama. The bus tour is not a big deal especially when we have the current problems. We would do better to keep the discussion a little bit out of the gutter and focus on ways to improve our country.

Well, right. That's kind of what we elected Obama to do (i.e. solve problems). He should be doing that rather than campaigning. Get it now?

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 06:23 PM
i did not think you voted obama

you not so bad :)

lol

but please be nice to pen i want him here

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 06:28 PM

Well, right. That's kind of what we elected Obama to do (i.e. solve problems). He should be doing that rather than campaigning. Get it now?

Why do you think he can't solve problems on the road? He has an intelligent team around him who are working on these issues twenty-four / seven.

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 06:31 PM

lol

It's ok Hellraiser (but thanks!).

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 06:32 PM

lol

It's ok Hellraiser (but thanks!).

he voted for obama like us :)

Mister D
08-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Why do you think he can't solve problems on the road? He has an intelligent team around him who are working on these issues twenty-four / seven.

Frankly, I don't think he can solve problems on the road or in the White House but that's not the issue. He simply should not be trying to portray his efforts at campaigning as something other than what they are. Granted, Obama promised transparency and he certainly is transparent. I'll give him that.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 06:53 PM

lol

I didn't vote for Obama. :)

And I am being nice to Pen.

Conley
08-18-2011, 07:04 PM

C'mon D we know deep down you are a big Barry fan >:D

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:28 PM

C'mon D we know deep down you are a big Barry fan >:D

I like Kenyans and Texans. What can I say? ;D

MMC
08-19-2011, 01:16 AM

Why is it a way of striking out at Obama? I take this you mean personally. When an individual who wants to be called a leader and says they can lead and help to solve problems for this country. Then why should this leader not come under scrutiny.

At what is a complete turmoil in and around the economic sector is a major factor as to getting buisness to feel confident to hire people and to conduct buisness and spend. Yet how do you do this if you go on Campaign. Looking to play to the media and the polls all with the set up of some political strategy. Obama is not being challenged even by any in his own party. So trying to score points against the GOP does what for the country? Currently he does not even have a challenger yet. Talking about he has a plan to get things going and then taking a vacation. Shows just how much such is an urgency to him really.

As he does not need Congress in order to lead the way. He does have some Executive Powers in which he could reduce spending all from his end. Does he really need a Tour bus wih mood lighting? Brazillian Cherrywood? Granite Counter-tops in a Tour Bus? Another thing he called the tour a listening tour. Yet who is he listening to if he is doing all the talking? ::)

wingrider
08-19-2011, 02:40 AM
you complain about everything!

it is a bus it is not expensive

george bush took many more vacations

obama has very pretty wife too :) i see your woman thread you are wrong

i one point. four million dollar bus isn't expensive??? yes bush took vacations most of them at his ranch in texas and whie there conducted business with other heads of state.

and michelle Obama is as ugly as a mud fence after a rain storm, sorry but that is the way it is. like the old expression goes.. if my dogs face looked as bad as she does I would shave his butt and make him walk backwards.

Conley
08-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Eh, I can kind of see the point...The secret service limos cost $300,000 a piece. Who knows how much for Air Force One? All that adds up to a lot. Washington not having any qualms about spending our money? That's nothing new. Now that we have a Canadian bus I hope Obama doesn't decide to make Air Force One an Airbus. :-\

Mister D
08-19-2011, 09:26 AM
And of course the bus is black... ::)

;D

Conley
08-19-2011, 09:31 AM

That bus actually looks pretty bad ass, for a bus I mean. It's like a bus version of Knight Rider. That's probably why it cost so much. It talks.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 09:39 AM

That bus actually looks pretty bad ass, for a bus I mean. It's like a bus version of Knight Rider. That's probably why it cost so much. It talks.

does it need a teleprompter though?

Conley
08-19-2011, 09:51 AM

Actually one of the option packages included its very own speech writer. At only $100,000 it pays for itself in no time!

Mister D
08-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Actually one of the option packages included its very own speech writer. At only $100,000 it pays for itself in no time!

:D A $4 million bus will take quite a few speeches to pay for though.

hellraiser
08-19-2011, 11:05 AM
not 4

check your fact friend

Conley
08-19-2011, 11:19 AM

:D A $4 million bus will take quite a few speeches to pay for though.

I think it was 1.1 Million? But yeah, it would take a while to pay off regardless. Maybe they can lease it out to a network TV show when he's not using it to campaign. I would totally watch a Knight Rider spin off starring the Bus. Each week The Bus could solve a different problem facing America. Week 1, the economy. ;D

Conley
08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
I doubt we'll ever know the exact figure it cost anyway.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Well I guess that frees up some more money for more bombs so we can make the world a better place. :)

Conley
08-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Well I guess that frees up some more money for more bombs so we can make the world a better place. :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 01:50 PM
This thread is typical of the right-wing smear campaign. One million dollars spent on a bus is a drop in the bucket of the federal budget. Besides that, the president should be taken care of to be made safe and comfortable. I don't know if you all realize how nice the White House and Air Force One are. Obama is not the first president to enjoy those comforts.

Furthermore, now claims are being made that the actual cost of the bus is four million? Ludicrous.

Really this is not a very highminded debate at all. I tend to focus on important issues and support my side with facts. Let's see if any of you can rise to the challenge.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 03:45 PM
This thread is typical of the right-wing smear campaign. One million dollars spent on a bus is a drop in the bucket of the federal budget. Besides that, the president should be taken care of to be made safe and comfortable. I don't know if you all realize how nice the White House and Air Force One are. Obama is not the first president to enjoy those comforts.

Furthermore, now claims are being made that the actual cost of the bus is four million? Ludicrous.

Really this is not a very highminded debate at all. I tend to focus on important issues and support my side with facts. Let's see if any of you can rise to the challenge.

Bumpkin, no one here cares about the cost of the bus. That's not the issue. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Bumpkin? Is that an insult?

Clearly you do care about the price of the bus if you are conflabulating about it. Four million dollars is an outright lie. Care to provide a source to back up your claim?

MMC
08-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Thats funny McCain's Bus didnt have mood lighting. Brazillian Cherry wood and granite Counter Tops. Don't get me wrong I am sure there are some Rockers who have even more expensive Tour buses.

Conley
08-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Thats funny McCain's Bus didnt have mood lighting. Brazillian Cherry wood and granite Counter Tops. Don't get me wrong I am sure there are some Rockers who have even more expensive Tour buses.

McCain was carrying his own luggage and not flying first class when he was campaigning for the GOP nomination in 08. That was odd to see.

Mister D
08-20-2011, 09:36 AM

McCain was carrying his own luggage and not flying first class when he was campaigning for the GOP nomination in 08. That was odd to see.

Was that the Straight Talk Express? ;) Remember how the media was infatuated with him until he ran against BO?

Conley
08-20-2011, 09:43 AM

Was that the Straight Talk Express? ;) Remember how the media was infatuated with him until he ran against BO?

Yeah he was their darling during the Maverick years when he was going against Bush. He was doing well in South Carolina until someone floated that idea about him having a bastard Vietnamese kid.

I'm not sure if it was still called that. Times were rough for him:

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) arrived in Manchester last week "on a commercial flight." [GASP!] "He carried his own bags through the airport and his top two aides in the state drove him to his hotel. The entire event was captured for local television." (AP)

He even had to do a speech by speakerphone because the commercial flight he was on was canceled so he couldn't get there.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/08/02/cnn-political-ticker-am-39/

I am impressed he didn't use any of Cindy's money, you know she has it to burn.

Conley
08-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Then again maybe Cindy said use your own darn money and it was up to Johnny Mac ;D

Mister D
08-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Then again maybe Cindy said use your own darn money and it was up to Johnny Mac ;D

:D I think I'll get a six of the Banquet Beer tonight. In honor of John and Cindy of course...

MMC
08-20-2011, 09:47 AM

Yep D.....thats what it was called. The Stright Talk Express. Then he suspended his Campaign to hurry to Washington to tell all how he didnt know to much about the economy. But was going to cote for the Stimulus without even having looked at it. Good Ole Johnny Quest. Plus now that lieberman's book is out or it might be McCains. It stated Johnny wanted his pal Liebermann for VP over Palin.

Anyone get the figures on how much the stay Aunt marth's Vineyards is going to cost? Plus there is the First lady's Costs of traveling round the Country too. Some more spending that can be reduced.

Conley
08-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Yep D.....thats what it was called. The Stright Talk Express. Then he suspended his Campaign to hurry to Washington to tell all how he didnt know to much about the economy. But was going to cote for the Stimulus without even having looked at it. Good Ole Johnny Quest. Plus now that lieberman's book is out or it might be McCains. It stated Johnny wanted his pal Liebermann for VP over Palin.

Anyone get the figures on how much the stay Aunt marth's Vineyards is going to cost? Plus there is the First lady's Costs of traveling round the Country too. Some more spending that can be reduced.

Wow, that sounds like quite a statement from Lieberman regarding Palin. Probably true though. McCain and Palin were an odd match.

I never liked Lieberman, I think maybe it was his flip flopping or feeling like he put Israeli interests ahead of our own.

Mister D
08-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Juan really needs to stop trying to blame Palin for his failed candidacy. He was a bad candidate. Period.

Conley
08-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Juan really needs to stop trying to blame Palin for his failed candidacy. He was a bad candidate. Period.

As bad a candidate as he was, in a normal election cycle he would have won. He would have beaten a Gore or a Kerry. Take out the people who normally don't vote (younguns and blacks) and Obama would not have won. That is a pretty sure sign that he is going to be a one term prez, since those people will not be coming out a second time.

Conley
08-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Plus he was going up against anti-Dubya vote...people were fed up with the GOP

Mister D
08-20-2011, 10:19 AM

As bad a candidate as he was, in a normal election cycle he would have won. He would have beaten a Gore or a Kerry. Take out the people who normally don't vote (younguns and blacks) and Obama would not have won. That is a pretty sure sign that he is going to be a one term prez, since those people will not be coming out a second time.

He didn't lose by too much to Obama but his campaign had no life. He generated zero excitement. The only time his campaign seemed to have a little momentum was when Palin came on board but that didn't last.

I agree about BO's one term. I don't thin either blacks or young voters will care nearly as much this time around.

Mister D
08-20-2011, 10:22 AM

True but that's just another reason for his failure that has nothing to do with Palin. Mind you, I'm not defending Palin per se. I just think she's being unfairly criticized and scapegoated for Juan's lackluster campaign. It could even be that the GOP knew Juan would lose. He might have been a sacrificial lamb. Just somebody to run in 2008.

MMC
08-20-2011, 10:24 AM

Well Megean sure doesn't care for Palin either. Word has it neither does Cindy.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1156510647236&id=af0f20341aa86ea974c53e307dcc28de&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages.huffingtonpost.com%2f2008-10-13-000cindy.jpg http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1032565040602&id=30834fa6344f9b282329d629d4b4d9b9&url=http%3a%2f%2ffashiontribes.typepad.com%2ffashi on%2fimages%2f2008%2f10%2f31%2fcindy_mccain_fashio n_style.jpg

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1024092674119&id=c5e7da624252a041ae9ba3de44a0f079&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.internetweekly.org%2fimages%2 fthe_beer_queen.jpg http://th221.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/NoDrama_08/th_thebuffalochipcouple.jpg

Not to mention Cindy has a rack on her and was smokin when she was younger.

Conley
08-20-2011, 10:25 AM

True but that's just another reason for his failure that has nothing to do with Palin. Mind you, I'm not defending Palin per se. I just think she's being unfairly criticized and scapegoated for Juan's lackluster campaign. It could even be that the GOP knew Juan would lose. He might have been a sacrificial lamb. Just somebody to run in 2008.

Oh yeah I agree with all of that, and there was no excitement around Juan. He'd run before. Palin only helped his campaign, he would have done worse without her. A Lieberman ticket would not have put him closer to the office.

Mister D
08-20-2011, 10:28 AM

Oh yeah I agree with all of that, and there was no excitement around Juan. He'd run before. Palin only helped his campaign, he would have done worse without her. A Lieberman ticket would not have put him closer to the office.

I know you're suspicious of Joe Lieberman but I'm not sure what to make of him. Yeah, Israeli security does seem to loom large in his view and I'm not sure that's what I want from an American President.

MMC
08-20-2011, 11:09 AM
The midwest does not care for Liebermann to much either. Seems his support is always behind Israel with that military Aid.

Yet one would have thought Obama would have used him to get that bi-partisan talk going. Which is another thing Obama falied to talk about with his tour. Foreign Policy!

wingrider
08-21-2011, 08:35 PM
The midwest does not care for Liebermann to much either. Seems his support is always behind Israel with that military Aid.

Yet one would have thought Obama would have used him to get that bi-partisan talk going. Which is another thing Obama falied to talk about with his tour. Foreign Policy!

OOPPSSS I made a booboo... I gave you a thanks for this post by mistake I meant to hit the quote button and hit the thanks instead,, oh well

just why do you think we should not give support to Isreal which is the only true democratic government in the middle east..?

MMC
08-22-2011, 10:02 AM

OOPPSSS I made a booboo... I gave you a thanks for this post by mistake I meant to hit the quote button and hit the thanks instead,, oh well

just why do you think we should not give support to Isreal which is the only true democratic government in the middle east..?

Because I do not believe we should share our military technology with anyone! Israel has a right to exist as much as anybody else does. I would make that known to the World and the UN. But there is no need to stockpile them with our technologies.

Conley
08-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I agree MMC. We should support them.

However, we also need to look out for our own interests and not let them run roughshod over us. Everything from spying on us to blowing up the USS Liberty. Our loyal support has made a lot of enemies in the region and in my opinion Israel could be a better ally than they have been. Mind you this is criticism of the government, not the people. The other irritating thing about Israel is that in some places criticism of their government leads to accusations of anti-Semitism, but that's not Israel's fault just some morons trying to win a debate.

MMC
08-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree MMC. We should support them.

However, we also need to look out for our own interests and not let them run roughshod over us. Everything from spying on us to blowing up the USS Liberty. Our loyal support has made a lot of enemies in the region and in my opinion Israel could be a better ally than they have been. Mind you this is criticism of the government, not the people. The other irritating thing about Israel is that in some places criticism of their government leads to accusations of anti-Semitism, but that's not Israel's fault just some morons trying to win a debate.

As the Super-Power of the World. I would tell all we are not going to allow the eradication of any one tribe across this planet by another. Hebrews, those that wish to call themselves Palestinians, or any others. Any Attempts to do so.....will hear from us! Exclamation point! Don't even attempt to bring us the bullshit.

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Israel is useless and of no benefit at all. In fact, they are a major liability to our national security. They have been coddled enough and can survive on their own.

It's time for them to grow up as a nation and stop suckling on Uncle Sam's teat.

Conley
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
How are they useless? Moreover having an ally in the region is of great benefit to national security...if Israel were not there we would have no one. Well, I suppose we can call Iraq an ally now considering we occupy it. ;D

MMC
08-22-2011, 11:56 AM
They are useless??? WTF is that. Even if they are there and occupy the minds of those around them.....then they have a use. The enemy of my enemy.....is he my friend or enemy. Allies that are not really allies, can be neutralized by playing one against the other. Sun-Tzu! All pieces of the board are relevant. ;) ;D