PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion of the delays of the launching date of a game?

kilgram
01-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Do you believe that can be positive a delay of the launching date of a game? That the developers take it seriously and if they believe it is not ready the date that they firstly said. What impact has it in you at the moment to decide to buy a game?

I am writing it thinking of the game The Witcher 3 that I've been following its progresses for the release date that initially was for February but it has been delayed until May, a lot more of time.

And let's hope if this forum revives a little.

CreepyOldDude
01-15-2015, 06:06 PM
I don't have a problem with it, provided the game, when it comes out, is enjoyable. Look at Duke Nukem Forever. Yeah, the game was hardly groundbreaking when it was finally released, but it was still fun to play.

IMPress Polly
01-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Games often get delayed for good reasons. You don't want a rushed game that doesn't control right, for example. If the developers think it needs more work, it probably does. Quality over quantity, I say. I do tend to get skeptical when games get delayed more than two years though because that tends to mean that it's never going to come out.

kilgram
01-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Games often get delayed for good reasons. You don't want a rushed game that doesn't control right, for example. If the developers think it needs more work, it probably does. Quality over quantity, I say. I do tend to get skeptical when games get delayed more than two years though because that tends to mean that it's never going to come out.
Yeah, I think that it is a good thing. For example there are games that have been launched too early and they are truely bugged like Assassins Creed Unity.

I think that a game like the Witcher 3 needs a lot of debugging because it seems to be the biggest game until now. So if they want to make it good, it probably has a lot of bugs and needs more time of improvement.

But also, I supposed that a lot of delays is negative for the corporation because it raises a lot the costs of the game. But it can have better revenues later.