PDA

View Full Version : Vox.com: Stories like this show why prosecutors are scared to go after police shootin

Cthulhu
01-15-2015, 04:37 AM
Vox.com: Stories like this show why prosecutors are scared to go after police shootings. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw_LGV8Ro

I smell party foul.

If you won't prosecute crime regardless of who does it you don't deserve to be a prosecutor.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Peter1469
01-15-2015, 05:31 AM
Maintaining good relations with the police is one thing and natural. But overlooking murder is crazy. Especially when the video goes viral on the Internet.

Common
01-15-2015, 05:47 AM
I do not defend bad cops, but I think youre viewing this from the wrong perspective. Seems to me there is a conflict of interest depending on what the briefing was about.

The prosecutor will and must get all facts of the case. If the meeting included the Officers or included anything not related to the case at that point. Why wouldnt they be excluded.

Prosecutors are excluded from breifings all the time as well as they exclude defense attorneys from meetings etc

Cthulhu
01-15-2015, 03:50 PM
I do not defend bad cops, but I think youre viewing this from the wrong perspective. Seems to me there is a conflict of interest depending on what the briefing was about.

The prosecutor will and must get all facts of the case. If the meeting included the Officers or included anything not related to the case at that point. Why wouldnt they be excluded.

Prosecutors are excluded from breifings all the time as well as they exclude defense attorneys from meetings etc
I agree that they need a good professional working relationship - it expedites the justice system.

But when things like a child getting blown away, or the killing of John Crawford and Eric Garner occur and there isn't even an indictment?

Something is seriously wrong.

If these killing had been done by private security, the guards would be in chains and the companies left in a smoking ruin.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

donttread
01-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Maintaining good relations with the police is one thing and natural. But overlooking murder is crazy. Especially when the video goes viral on the Internet.

Change requires someone growing a pair. Sounds like this lady did just that. She should not be intimidated these guys are guilty on video tape