PDA

View Full Version : Miranda Rights and Lower Primates.

Cthulhu
02-14-2015, 11:30 PM
So...you get arrested.

How important is it that they read you your miranda rights? I have heard it is a big no-no, but I'm not like a legal genius here. Is it important in the court setting? Or will it be something that is just kinda "meh, no biggie"?

Also, you are arrested for resisting arrest/obstruction. Aren't those charges essentially garbage if there is no other charge worthy of an arrest?

Oh yeah, you get a speeding ticket too - for driving too slow. And it is 0330 in the morning. Zero traffic, on a four lane road, no other cars except the cops that were following you.

Surprise - this happened to me earlier this morning after I got done from work.

I drive the way I drive for a reason, and I think they judge(jury?) will actually buy it, but not sure.

Peter1469
02-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Call me.

Cthulhu
02-15-2015, 01:38 AM
Call me.

I'll give you a ring tomorrow. I'm hashed. Last day and a half has been...blarg.

Dr. Who
02-15-2015, 01:54 AM
So...you get arrested.

How important is it that they read you your miranda rights? I have heard it is a big no-no, but I'm not like a legal genius here. Is it important in the court setting? Or will it be something that is just kinda "meh, no biggie"?

Also, you are arrested for resisting arrest/obstruction. Aren't those charges essentially garbage if there is no other charge worthy of an arrest?

Oh yeah, you get a speeding ticket too - for driving too slow. And it is 0330 in the morning. Zero traffic, on a four lane road, no other cars except the cops that were following you.

I drive the way I drive for a reason, and I think they judge(jury?) will actually buy it, but not sure.
Why am I not surprised that this happened? You must be the only honest law abiding person who can get himself arrested for resisting arrest for unspeeding. The cops probably thought you were a DUI and knowing how you feel about the police, you got righteously indignant and P.O'd the cops. Did they have a breathalyzer or did they need to bring you to the station for the test?

Common
02-15-2015, 05:24 AM
So...you get arrested.

You just have issues with laws, rules and anything that interferes with whatever you want to do.
Life has all of the above, you need to get used to it or you will be a very unhappy person your entire life.

If you obstruct and get charged with it, its going to cost you if nothing else a fine, possibly bail and a night or two in jail.

You will never be able to obstruct the law or peace officers keeping the peace in your lifetime.

The reason you recieved a ticked for driving to slow at night is a safety issue that im sure you wont accept.
Driving to slow at night can cause collisions. People misjudgng speed and hitting you in the ass.

Personally I wouldnt have ticketed you but I would have given you a warning and told you to drive the posted speed for that

Now lets get to the meat and patatoes of why you were stopped. One of the biggest indicators to police patrolling at night that a person may be driving under the influence is their driving under the speed limit. He tracked you, noted your speed and called it in. ONCE he calls it in that hes making a stop, its recorded. Also people driving under the speed limit can be distracted, texting, talking etc. It is a well known hazard.

I personally would have given you a warning and told you to do the speed limit.

Stopping people driving to slow at night is preventative and you being inconvienced is your own fault for driving under the posted speed.

Now if you dont like that, fight to have the law stricken from the books and have it written that ALL citizens have a "RIGHT" to drive under the speed limit whenever they want and conversely to drive over the speed limit whenever they want. Just because they dont want to drive at a posted speed.

Common
02-15-2015, 07:27 AM
Miranda rights are the law, they are going to read them to you. Until you get the law changed. Then the police wont read them to you.

Anything anyone doesnt like about Police, just get the law changed, then you wont have to worry about them doing it.

Reason10
02-15-2015, 10:15 AM
So...you get arrested.

Interesting thing about Miranda. It's possible to get convicted of a crime without ever being read Miranda. The rule only says you don't have to talk, and that if you talk then whatever you say can be used against you in a trial. It also says you have the right to a lawyer. If an arrest is made and there's enough evidence to convict, no one will bother to interview the perp. Unless the perp is denied a lawyer, the conviction will stand.

That having been said, ALL arresting entities use Miranda, and they have the perp not only answer but SIGN a form saying he understands what he has just been given. They do this so district attorneys don't get nice little surprises at trial, such as a successful motion to dismiss by the defense attorney.

Chris
02-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Not having Miranda read is, I think, grounds for dismissal in court. You'll still be arrested, spend time in jail, need bail, hire a lawyer, go to court.

You shouldn't be arrested for resisting if there's no other charge but the police can do whatever they please.

Yes, you can be ticketed for driving too slow depending on conditions etc:

Well, it is! In fact every state has a law on the books that says something like this: “A person shall not drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable forward movement of traffic.” Texas Transportation Code –Section 545.363, Minimum Speed Regulations, states just this, but adds “except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.”

So it will depend on your circumstances.

Crepitus
02-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Personally I have a pretty low opinion of most police officers (present company excepted of course) due to interactions in the past.

That being said, when interacting with them its smart to be as agreeable as possible. I'm not saying you have to let them walk all over you but attitude never helps.

As far as the original ticket goes its hard for your to "impede the flow" of non existent traffic if the road was as empty as you say.

Howey
02-15-2015, 11:38 AM
So...you get arrested.

Who are "lower primates"?

Safety
02-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Not having Miranda read is, I think, grounds for dismissal in court. You'll still be arrested, spend time in jail, need bail, hire a lawyer, go to court.

You shouldn't be arrested for resisting if there's no other charge but the police can do whatever they please.

Yes, you can be ticketed for driving too slow depending on conditions etc:

So it will depend on your circumstances.

I think they will only dismiss the case if Miranda was not read and they tried to use a statement you said as evidence, but I'm not sure, and will defer to the legal eagles here.

Chris
02-15-2015, 11:45 AM
I think they will only dismiss the case if Miranda was not read and they tried to use a statement you said as evidence, but I'm not sure, and will defer to the legal eagles here.

Perhaps, fortunately I have no experience!

PolWatch
02-15-2015, 11:57 AM
hmm...I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn but I have watched Law & Order in many of its versions....does that make me a legal expert?

Dr. Who
02-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Miranda rights begin after someone has been arrested and before the police begin their interrogation. The courts have defined interrogation as any questions, actions, or conduct that would likely produce an incriminating response. When police ask for information like name, height, weight, date of birth, address they are not considered interrogatory. The results of blood tests, breath tests, and drug tests, responses and results are considered non-testimonial and do not trigger Miranda.

Adelaide
02-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Not being read your rights would seem like a good reason to have charges dismissed.

I'm not going to pass judgment. Wasn't there, don't know for sure what happened. Not really my business, I suppose.

Common
02-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Not being read your rights would seem like a good reason to have charges dismissed.

I'm not going to pass judgment. Wasn't there, don't know for sure what happened. Not really my business, I suppose.

He wasnt arrested thats why miranda wasnt read. You dont get read miranda for getting stopped and getting a ticket. You have to be arrested

Captain Obvious
02-15-2015, 03:47 PM

I never understood the whole miranda rights thing.

I've read somewhere that it's not required for a cop to read rights during an arrest, or during certain arrests.

And from a logic standpoint it makes sense. If ignorance of the law is not a legal defense, why would it be assumed that one does or doesn't know his or her rights?

Cthulhu
02-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Full story -

Got done with work at 0330. I am a night custodian. I clean buildings that have things people want access to - drugs, guns, money etc.

I begin driving home. I also drive slow, not just to be a tool, but I have several reasons for this:

1. I'm not in a hurry, and I don't like speeding tickets. And there isn't exactly a ton of traffic on the road.
2. Deer collisions - seriously, no joke. My nightvision isn't so hot and I don't feel like scraping bambi off of my hood, nor repairing damage bambi caused. Driving slow gives me more reaction time, and increases bambi's odds of survival.
3. Because I have access to buildings in which valuables are obtainable by access, this makes me a target. I clean two pain centers where I could easily swipe a ton of drugs with zero effort if I felt like a one time grab. The other place is a gun club that has *tons* of guns and ammo in it. All it takes is a set of bolt cutters and it may as well be Christmas to a thief who has access without alarms going off. Anybody who knows jack about security knows you target the weakest link. Sadly I am the weakest link in this scenario. I drive slow purposely because I know most people drive the speed limit or a little over. And it is a two lane road so they can pass me quite easily. When people follow me at my speed for prolonged periods of time...little red flags start waving like mad in my mind.
4. I'm a vet who drove convoys, I didn't drive fast because I scan roads for bombs still - annoying sure, but its reality.

So anyways...I'm driving. My usual speed is approximately 35-40 mph in a 55 zone. Slow for sure, but there are rarely other cars on the road at that hour, and it is easy to pass me. I notice a car shift into my lane, and then match my speed. *red flag waving*. So I change lanes hoping he'll pass. He matches my lane and my speed again. Shift lanes again, and slow down some more. Same thing, matches lanes and speed. I pull into a well lit gas station on the left and he speed off on the turning road, didn't get a look at the guy's car - he later turns out to be a cop.

Wait a moment, resume my route home. Same thing happens, but now their are two cars following me. I'm thinking this is an organized hit now. At the light where I normally turn left, I turn right - again, driving my usual speed but slower now because I am nervous and mentally prepping for a car jacking. Same behavior, matching lanes and speed - more red flags.

Anyways, I turn right, as soon as I commit to the turn the lights turn on. WTH? is what is going through my mind.

I turned off the road into a dirt patch because the plan was (prior to seeing the lights) to at least get an ID on the vehicle and then call it in while peeling off into the black. Obviously, no sense in bouncing now. I stop and get out (YES, I see now in hindsight how thermonuclear stupid this was) and ask them why they are following me.

He says get back in, I just stand there and ask him again. I goes for his weapon, I slowly raise my hands and inform him that I have a cell phone on me and nothing else. He says stand over "here". I ask where, he says "here". I inform him that I can't see where he is pointing due to the lights in my eyes. He directs me to stand where his flash light is shining, I do so with some delay because I couldn't exactly see where his light was shining at first. But I comply.

He does the usual show me ID gig. I ask what crime I've committed, we do this back and forth junk for a bit. 2 more cars show up. I looked at him and say "Seriously? 4 cars?". I ask again what crime I'm committing, he says "obstruction". I ask "Obstructing what? What am I interfering with?" He says "You're driving too slow, it's suspicious".

--- Side note, I do agree driving slow is odd, but it isn't criminal. That being said, drunks do this. At the same time, drunks typically drive drunk. I was in control of the vehicle, no swirving and other weirdness.

I say "It isn't against the law, there is a speed limit, but there isn't a minimum, so what crime have I committed here?"

He still wants ID, I tell him I have it but it is in the car and I can't really get it without him getting pissed off. It isn't on my person.

"So what crime have I committed?"

"obstruction, You're under arrest."

And then the guys that showed up and had been slowly circling me the whole time took be down on both sides. Side note to cops, you're not that sneaky, I just didn't feel like hurting one of you and then getting brutalized and tazed afterward. I make it a point before they say "stop resisting!" to say "I'm not resisting!" - don't know why, but that seemed to be like friggin' magic. I was handled like an insured UPS package from that point on. Other than the red marks from the cuffs I am no worse for wears. The cops proceed to clam up, it's like they all became mute, one did provide name and badge number when asked though. I'm asked if I have a preference of towing company. I tell them that if they call my wife she can come pick up the car. They give me the stink eye and tell me it is going to be towed.

We get to the county jail, they put me in the holding cell. I refuse to process for a while because I'm still howling pissed, but I retained composure and didn't let my angst out at the guards. The guards are actually quite cordial and decent folks if you are cordial to them as well. Not very good at gleaning info through cozying up to you. Then again, I'm...me. Search goes without incident.

Interestingly enough though is even though I had nothing on me they make you change over into their jump suit. Okay, I get it - marking the prisoners so if they escape yadda yadda....

Well, most of you know I'm mormon. Hence I have legendary magic mormon underwear. I tell them sure I'll change over. But they say I have to take off my garments too. While in jail you still have the right to adhere to your faith. Well, part of mine is wearing my magic undies. Long story short - they will cut them off of me if I don't take them off. Rather than have these creatures cut off my garments I tell them "I'll comply under protest and duress." Didn't really have much in the way of choices here. Truth be told, this aspect of the whole ordeal is what infuriated me the most.

At no time was I read my Miranda Rights. Still had to go through process in order to get a phone call. So now I'm on paper for asking questions essentially. I am wondering how this will play out in court. Because I can't have a criminal record due to my job, and I can't get speeding tickets due to my job.

It just seems like I'm going to get convicted for "driving while libertarian".

Couple hundred bucks to get the car back, roughly hundred dollar bond, and a 90 dollar "speeding ticket" for going to slow for their tastes.

What started out as a creepy misunderstanding, led to robbery and kidnapping. My kids are trying to console my wife, who on valentine's day, has to pick up her husband from jail.

It's bull****.

/rant.

Captain Obvious
02-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Geez... get a lawyer.

Now.

PolWatch
02-15-2015, 04:39 PM
I know nothing about the law or arrests, etc. I can only say that I really hope you end up owning all the cop cars & the entire town....you really don't want to own the cops because they don't sound like they are worth much. They were jerks who had no reason to behave like they did....except that they could.

Dr. Who
02-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Full story -

Got done with work at 0330. I am a night custodian. I clean buildings that have things people want access to - drugs, guns, money etc.

I begin driving home. I also drive slow, not just to be a tool, but I have several reasons for this:

1. I'm not in a hurry, and I don't like speeding tickets. And there isn't exactly a ton of traffic on the road.
2. Deer collisions - seriously, no joke. My nightvision isn't so hot and I don't feel like scraping bambi off of my hood, nor repairing damage bambi caused. Driving slow gives me more reaction time, and increases bambi's odds of survival.
3. Because I have access to buildings in which valuables are obtainable by access, this makes me a target. I clean two pain centers where I could easily swipe a ton of drugs with zero effort if I felt like a one time grab. The other place is a gun club that has *tons* of guns and ammo in it. All it takes is a set of bolt cutters and it may as well be Christmas to a thief who has access without alarms going off. Anybody who knows jack about security knows you target the weakest link. Sadly I am the weakest link in this scenario. I drive slow purposely because I know most people drive the speed limit or a little over. And it is a two lane road so they can pass me quite easily. When people follow me at my speed for prolonged periods of time...little red flags start waving like mad in my mind.
4. I'm a vet who drove convoys, I didn't drive fast because I scan roads for bombs still - annoying sure, but its reality.

So anyways...I'm driving. My usual speed is approximately 35-40 mph in a 55 zone. Slow for sure, but there are rarely other cars on the road at that hour, and it is easy to pass me. I notice a car shift into my lane, and then match my speed. *red flag waving*. So I change lanes hoping he'll pass. He matches my lane and my speed again. Shift lanes again, and slow down some more. Same thing, matches lanes and speed. I pull into a well lit gas station on the left and he speed off on the turning road, didn't get a look at the guy's car - he later turns out to be a cop.

Wait a moment, resume my route home. Same thing happens, but now their are two cars following me. I'm thinking this is an organized hit now. At the light where I normally turn left, I turn right - again, driving my usual speed but slower now because I am nervous and mentally prepping for a car jacking. Same behavior, matching lanes and speed - more red flags.

Anyways, I turn right, as soon as I commit to the turn the lights turn on. WTH? is what is going through my mind.

I turned off the road into a dirt patch because the plan was (prior to seeing the lights) to at least get an ID on the vehicle and then call it in while peeling off into the black. Obviously, no sense in bouncing now. I stop and get out (YES, I see now in hindsight how thermonuclear stupid this was) and ask them why they are following me.

He says get back in, I just stand there and ask him again. I goes for his weapon, I slowly raise my hands and inform him that I have a cell phone on me and nothing else. He says stand over "here". I ask where, he says "here". I inform him that I can't see where he is pointing due to the lights in my eyes. He directs me to stand where his flash light is shining, I do so with some delay because I couldn't exactly see where his light was shining at first. But I comply.

He does the usual show me ID gig. I ask what crime I've committed, we do this back and forth junk for a bit. 2 more cars show up. I looked at him and say "Seriously? 4 cars?". I ask again what crime I'm committing, he says "obstruction". I ask "Obstructing what? What am I interfering with?" He says "You're driving too slow, it's suspicious".

--- Side note, I do agree driving slow is odd, but it isn't criminal. That being said, drunks do this. At the same time, drunks typically drive drunk. I was in control of the vehicle, no swirving and other weirdness.

I say "It isn't against the law, there is a speed limit, but there isn't a minimum, so what crime have I committed here?"

He still wants ID, I tell him I have it but it is in the car and I can't really get it without him getting pissed off. It isn't on my person.

"So what crime have I committed?"

"obstruction, You're under arrest."

And then the guys that showed up and had been slowly circling me the whole time took be down on both sides. Side note to cops, you're not that sneaky, I just didn't feel like hurting one of you and then getting brutalized and tazed afterward. I make it a point before they say "stop resisting!" to say "I'm not resisting!" - don't know why, but that seemed to be like friggin' magic. I was handled like an insured UPS package from that point on. Other than the red marks from the cuffs I am no worse for wears. The cops proceed to clam up, it's like they all became mute, one did provide name and badge number when asked though. I'm asked if I have a preference of towing company. I tell them that if they call my wife she can come pick up the car. They give me the stink eye and tell me it is going to be towed.

We get to the county jail, they put me in the holding cell. I refuse to process for a while because I'm still howling pissed, but I retained composure and didn't let my angst out at the guards. The guards are actually quite cordial and decent folks if you are cordial to them as well. Not very good at gleaning info through cozying up to you. Then again, I'm...me. Search goes without incident.

Interestingly enough though is even though I had nothing on me they make you change over into their jump suit. Okay, I get it - marking the prisoners so if they escape yadda yadda....

Well, most of you know I'm mormon. Hence I have legendary magic mormon underwear. I tell them sure I'll change over. But they say I have to take off my garments too. While in jail you still have the right to adhere to your faith. Well, part of mine is wearing my magic undies. Long story short - they will cut them off of me if I don't take them off. Rather than have these creatures cut off my garments I tell them "I'll comply under protest and duress." Didn't really have much in the way of choices here. Truth be told, this aspect of the whole ordeal is what infuriated me the most.

At no time was I read my Miranda Rights. Still had to go through process in order to get a phone call. So now I'm on paper for asking questions essentially. I am wondering how this will play out in court. Because I can't have a criminal record due to my job, and I can't get speeding tickets due to my job.

It just seems like I'm going to get convicted for "driving while libertarian".

Couple hundred bucks to get the car back, roughly hundred dollar bond, and a 90 dollar "speeding ticket" for going to slow for their tastes.

What started out as a creepy misunderstanding, led to robbery and kidnapping. My kids are trying to console my wife, who on valentine's day, has to pick up her husband from jail.

It's bull****.

/rant.
The obstruction charge sounds bogus. You have a right to challenge it and the dash cam footage would be germane to your defense. You might need a lawyer, especially if you can't have a criminal record.

Bob
02-15-2015, 06:22 PM
hmm...I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn but I have watched Law & Order in many of its versions....does that make me a legal expert?

I have recently returned to the Dragnet bits on COZI TV. They always say the case is real. Sgt Friday is quite the character.

I am trying to figure out if he ever wore a suit or a combination of a dark jacket and light colored pants. So far, he wears a lighter colored coat and dark pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0syUojlSQw

domer76
02-15-2015, 09:37 PM
I wonder if that's just a taste of what it's like being a black male in many parts of the country?

Captain Obvious
02-15-2015, 09:51 PM
I wonder if that's just a taste of what it's like being a black male in many parts of the country?

http://media3.giphy.com/media/wTTaiw8GECOK4/giphy.gif

domer76
02-16-2015, 10:43 AM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/wTTaiw8GECOK4/giphy.gif

Black men have been telling us for decades they get followed and shaken down by police - chronically. Cthulhu had a description that is consistent with a typical account. I imagine Cthulhu will, if he hasn't already, walk away from this with a very bad taste in his mouth about police and perhaps the judicial system in general. Regardless, it's going to cost him, and already has, some pretty substantial bucks. Increase that by multiple incidents.

Just making an observation. Don't like it? Bummer!

Captain Obvious
02-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Black men have been telling us for decades they get followed and shaken down by police - chronically. @Cthulhu (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=872) had a description that is consistent with a typical account. I imagine Cthulhu will, if he hasn't already, walk away from this with a very bad taste in his mouth about police and perhaps the judicial system in general. Regardless, it's going to cost him, and already has, some pretty substantial bucks. Increase that by multiple incidents.

Just making an observation. Don't like it? Bummer!

So I guess you hate gay people then since you failed to make that comparison too

Or how about this - nobody gives a fuck about black and gay people in light of the subject matter.

And how about this too, why is it that there's always one fucking choad in the crowd racializing a non-racial issue?

It's called "look at me - I'm an attention whore".

Nobody's stopping you from posting your own threads.

domer76
02-16-2015, 04:18 PM
So I guess you hate gay people then since you failed to make that comparison too

Or how about this - nobody gives a fuck about black and gay people in light of the subject matter.

And how about this too, why is it that there's always one fucking choad in the crowd racializing a non-racial issue?

It's called "look at me - I'm an attention whore".

Nobody's stopping you from posting your own threads.

Just making an observation on how law enforcement can work. Don't like it? Tough shit!

Dr. Who
02-16-2015, 04:49 PM
If you two want to have a personal argument, take it offline by PM.

iustitia
02-16-2015, 05:13 PM
This is why police should be abolished. Besides all the other things. But yeah, get a lawyer. I'm cheap and usually use public defenders or try to make deals with the prosecutor, but because of your work I think putting cash out for a lawyer is wise. On the bright side if he's wise and you give him every detail you've given us off the bat he can probably get it thrown out pretty quickly.

Cthulhu
02-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Got my stuff back today. Phone is dead so it is charging. I think they tried to get into it, but, it just happens to be encrypted so...ha.

That being said, I also went and gave the not guilty plea. I have a pretrial conference on March 26, at 0800. So I have about a month to write up statements and such. Going with private counsel because public defenders are...public defenders, 'nuff said.

PolWatch
02-17-2015, 04:59 PM
I know I'm suspicious, but what are the chances that the dash cams were malfunctioning on all those cop cars?

Cthulhu
02-17-2015, 05:14 PM
I know I'm suspicious, but what are the chances that the dash cams were malfunctioning on all those cop cars?

Truth be told I don't know. But I can't exactly say they are an honest sort based off of the charges laid against me. That being said, they did have about a good 5 minute pow-wow after I was in the car away from them, maybe longer. Couldn't hear anything they were saying. This leaves me to believe they were getting their story straight and writing the report down. Or concocting a marvelous tale in which I am the eater of babies and the only thing to save society would be to put my hide in jail until tuesday unless I made bail.

domer76
02-18-2015, 01:23 AM
Truth be told I don't know. But I can't exactly say they are an honest sort based off of the charges laid against me. That being said, they did have about a good 5 minute pow-wow after I was in the car away from them, maybe longer. Couldn't hear anything they were saying. This leaves me to believe they were getting their story straight and writing the report down. Or concocting a marvelous tale in which I am the eater of babies and the only thing to save society would be to put my hide in jail until tuesday unless I made bail.

It's still gonna cost you and that sucks.

Years ago, my son was arrested in California on a mistaken identity. Similar name on someone else's failure to appear. He tried to explain to the cops using his own ID that he could not be the same person. It cost me $900 to get him out of jail and home to Idaho. A local attorney down there said I could file false arrest charges, but it would be fruitless.

Peter1469
02-18-2015, 07:06 AM
What were the charges?

Got my stuff back today. Phone is dead so it is charging. I think they tried to get into it, but, it just happens to be encrypted so...ha.

That being said, I also went and gave the not guilty plea. I have a pretrial conference on March 26, at 0800. So I have about a month to write up statements and such. Going with private counsel because public defenders are...public defenders, 'nuff said.

Cthulhu
02-18-2015, 01:11 PM
What were the charges?
Resisting arrest/Obstructing an Officer, and driving too slow.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Cthulhu
04-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Update:

Finally got the video evidence.

Will post it later, not supposed to post until case is resolved.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Update:

Finally got the video evidence.

Will post it later, not supposed to post until case is resolved.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Good luck, man.