PDA

View Full Version : Two monster sharks have shut down an Australian beach

Green Arrow
02-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Hey Bob, do you know these two schmuck sharks?

Two Monster Sharks Have Shut Down an Australian Beach (http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20893119,00.html)

Beachgoers in Newcastle, Australia have been unable to enjoy the country's warm months due to a pair of large sharks swimming close to the shore.

The first shark was spotted near Burwood beach on Jan. 10 and identified as a 16-ft great white, reports The Daily Telegraph. After spying the great white, authorities shut down the beach and have kept it closed for the past six days.

Another shark was seen in the same area on Thursday. The 11-ft swimmer, believed to be a tiger shark, was found attacking a pod of dolphins near the shore.

Tiger sharks are usually found farther north, but winds have pushed the warmer water south this year, causing the species to travel down with it.

Common
02-28-2015, 04:32 PM
Aussie is known for Great White attacks

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 04:43 PM
That's ridiculous. Anyone who fears being eaten should be cordoned off in their own house. This is just anti-shark.

Bob
02-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Hey @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013), do you know these two schmuck sharks?

Two Monster Sharks Have Shut Down an Australian Beach (http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20893119,00.html)

Yes. I call the Great White shark by the name of Green Arrow

You get bit by one? What is your interest in sharks, laddie?

Green Arrow
02-28-2015, 05:10 PM
Yes. I call the Great White shark by the name of Green Arrow

You get bit by one? What is your interest in sharks, laddie?

Just call me Captain Arrow.

Bob
02-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Just call me Captain Arrow.

A fine narcissist reply. :walk:

Green Arrow
02-28-2015, 05:14 PM
A fine narcissist reply. :walk:

Nah, a better narcissist reply would be "Admiral Arrow." Why settle for Captain? Plus, it's alliterative.

Bob
02-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Nah, a better narcissist reply would be "Admiral Arrow." Why settle for Captain? Plus, it's alliterative.

Hey, I did not know the meaning of that word. Thanks for using it. Well, I have tasks to take care of today. In an Alliterative way of talking.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Get a room you two. :sex2:

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Get a room you two. :sex2:

When are you available?

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 06:30 PM
When are you available?

What's wrong with Green Arrow? That's bigoted if you don't have sex with a man.

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:32 PM

No men welcome here. Are you a man, is that what you mean? If so, ignore the question.

Actually, it was just a joke anyhow.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 06:36 PM
No men welcome here. Are you a man, is that what you mean? If so, ignore the question.

Actually, it was just a joke anyhow.

No, I'm not a man. But why are you bigoted against men?

Green Arrow
02-28-2015, 06:36 PM

I'm taken, incidentally, and even if I wasn't, Bob and I would probably kill each other if we were left in a room alone.

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:38 PM
No, I'm not a man. But why are you bigoted against men?

Why ask a question where your premise is wrong?

As GA says, he is taken. I don't want one. And he is so tiny I might bust him up in a brawl. :grin:

Common Sense
02-28-2015, 06:39 PM
...or break a hip.

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm taken, incidentally, and even if I wasn't, Bob and I would probably kill each other if we were left in a room alone.

I am a hell of a lot bigger than you. I doubt you would do more than whimper and try to scoot away. :fighting0074:

Green Arrow
02-28-2015, 06:43 PM
I am a hell of a lot bigger than you. I doubt you would do more than whimper and try to scoot away. :fighting0074:

You're also a hell of a lot older :tongue: Besides, one thing you learn growing up short is how to use your enemy's size against them.

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:44 PM
...or break a hip.

Were that to happen, it would be my first known broken bone. LMAO

I keep thinking that in the 8th grade on a school outing, there is a chance i broke my wrist but if so the teacher was really negligent. I was not taken to a doctor.

Candace Camp
Why ask a question where your premise is wrong?

As GA says, he is taken. I don't want one. And he is so tiny I might bust him up in a brawl. :grin:

Why is my premise wrong? You like GA but are refusing to have sex with him on the grounds he is a man. It's just kinda homophobic imo.

Peter1469

eye bleach.....

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:45 PM
You're also a hell of a lot older :tongue: Besides, one thing you learn growing up short is how to use your enemy's size against them.

I learned how to use any enemy size against him. You got me on older.

:rofl:

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:46 PM
eye bleach.....

Good idea. if GA shows up, I will try that first. :grin:

Common Sense
02-28-2015, 06:46 PM
I'm putting ten bucks on GA.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 06:47 PM

It's not size, it's what you do with it. :p

Peter1469
02-28-2015, 06:47 PM
stop

please

Green Arrow
02-28-2015, 06:48 PM
This thread turned out better than I hoped.

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Why is my premise wrong? You like GA but are refusing to have sex with him on the grounds he is a man. It's just kinda homophobic imo.

What do you believe any man has that I need or want?

I don't care if you don't like it. I never have been one to be that involved with any man.

My lifelong passion is ladies.

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:49 PM
It's not size, it's what you do with it. :p

So you say.

Peter, me and GA are just having a ball.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 06:57 PM
What do you believe any man has that I need or want?

I don't care if you don't like it. I never have been one to be that involved with any man.

My lifelong passion is ladies.

Now you are just sexist because you are treating us as objects.

Bob
02-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Now you are just sexist because you are treating us as objects.

I am really too smart and too old for you to try your mind games on.

But thanks anyway.

A tip for you.

Stop presuming the ridiculous. In fact, you presume that which is not ridiculous as well.

It is your way of presuming that has you reeling.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 07:07 PM
I am really too smart and too old for you to try your mind games on.

But thanks anyway.

A tip for you.

Stop presuming the ridiculous. In fact, you presume that which is not ridiculous as well.

It is your way of presuming that has you reeling.

But seriously, it's not nice to be bigoted to anyone just because they are different.

Bob
02-28-2015, 07:14 PM

But seriously, it's not nice to be bigoted to anyone just because they are different.

Actually that premise is provably false.

Take the Indians here when whites showed up.

Had they massed against the border as bigots should, they would have this entire country to this day.

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 07:20 PM

Had they massed against the border as bigots should, they would have this entire country to this day.

Did you really just claim that being a bigot is a good thing?

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 07:21 PM
So you say.

Peter, me and GA are just having a ball.

So it's a threesome now? Whose ball is it?

Bob
02-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Did you really just claim that being a bigot is a good thing?

Absolutely. The term bigot is supposed to sound nasty and evil. But there are sound reasons to be a bigot. Some, no make that, most ... Democrats are bigots against republicans.

How do I know? I spent many years as a card carrying Democrat. I was not uncommon as a Democrat. I then railed against republicans and the rich as happens today. I can't watch Democrats on congress unless they are bigots vs the rich and so forth. I got sick of that game.

What cured me of the Democrat bigotry was I decided to do some serious study of politics.

The good thing if you study, is you still can change.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 07:37 PM

I'm lost. Why would this mean they would have this country? They wanted to live with whites. it's whites that didn't want to live with them.

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Absolutely. The term bigot is supposed to sound nasty and evil. But there are sound reasons to be a bigot. Some, no make that, most ... Democrats are bigots against republicans.

How do I know? I spent many years as a card carrying Democrat. I was not uncommon as a Democrat. I then railed against republicans and the rich as happens today. I can't watch Democrats on congress unless they are bigots vs the rich and so forth. I got sick of that game.

What cured me of the Democrat bigotry was I decided to do some serious study of politics.

The good thing if you study, is you still can change.

There are indeed bigots among the Democrats. There are bigots among the Republicans. Hell, there are bigots among the Libertarians. Bigots can be found all over the place. That doesn't make bigotry a good thing...

William
02-28-2015, 07:40 PM
LOL, well there's ten minutes of my life totally wasted - I thought this was going to be about shark attacks. :grin:

Bob
02-28-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm lost. Why would this mean they would have this country? They wanted to live with whites. it's whites that didn't want to live with them.

Exactly so as non Bigots, the white bigots took over the country.

Bigotry would have saved the Indians.

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Exactly so as non Bigots, the white bigots took over the country.

Bigotry would have saved the Indians.

Only bigotry can combat bigotry?

Bob
02-28-2015, 07:44 PM
There are indeed bigots among the Democrats. There are bigots among the Republicans. Hell, there are bigots among the Libertarians. Bigots can be found all over the place. That doesn't make bigotry a good thing...

Explain that to me.

Try this.

State premise
Follow up with evidence
Explain conclusion.

My premise in this case is the Indians were not bigots. The evidence is that the Whites ran all over them. The whites took their lands. The whites moved them off their native holdings.

My explanation is had they been bigots, I doubt the white man would have taken over this country. Thus there are excellent reasons to be a bigot.

Bob
02-28-2015, 07:46 PM

There is that chance of course. But there is no doubt the Indians simply waited far too long to finally fight back. By the time they fought back, the deed was very much inevitable.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 07:59 PM
LOL, well there's ten minutes of my life totally wasted - I thought this was going to be about shark attacks. :grin:

So you are saying you have something against Alcoholic, gay sharks? :p

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 08:36 PM
Explain that to me.

Try this.

State premise
Follow up with evidence
Explain conclusion.

My premise in this case is the Indians were not bigots. The evidence is that the Whites ran all over them. The whites took their lands. The whites moved them off their native holdings.

My explanation is had they been bigots, I doubt the white man would have taken over this country. Thus there are excellent reasons to be a bigot.

Explain how there's still a living human being that sees bigotry as a good thing. Okay, let's take a look at a few reasons why bigotry is bad. Before we look at effect on others, let's look at the obvious arrogance of bigotry. This is because bigotry assumes that you are better than others, that your views are the only correct views. Now, let's look at some of the results on others. Let's look at the article "Bigotry and Oppressive Laws in Africa Drive HIV in Men Who Have Sex with Men" published by Jerome Amir Singh in a peer reviewed journal. Bigotry in Africa over homosexuals and those with HIV has led to violence, ostracism, silence of victims of rape, and denial of medical services. Here are the author's credentials. http://www.jcb.utoronto.ca/people/singh.shtml

Let's look at your example of the Indians. In your example, bigotry was what caused the problem. You also fail to take into account that there were bigoted Indians as well. Also, there was the plague before the white man arrived that had weakened the Indians greatly. Had that not happened, they would have been able to defeat the white man, just as they had the Vikings before the plague. In reality, it was disease that conquered the Indians, not something that bigotry can conquer, and in fact, according to the article mentioned above, only makes worse. http://www.examiner.com/article/apocalypic-mysterious-plague-killed-millions-of-native-americans-the-1500s

Also, I'll take advice from you on how to debate when I want to lose one... :wink:

Bob
02-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Explain how there's still a living human being that sees bigotry as a good thing. Okay, let's take a look at a few reasons why bigotry is bad. Before we look at effect on others, let's look at the obvious arrogance of bigotry. This is because bigotry assumes that you are better than others, that your views are the only correct views. Now, let's look at some of the results on others. Let's look at the article "Bigotry and Oppressive Laws in Africa Drive HIV in Men Who Have Sex with Men" published by Jerome Amir Singh in a peer reviewed journal. Bigotry in Africa over homosexuals and those with HIV has led to violence, ostracism, silence of victims of rape, and denial of medical services. Here are the author's credentials. http://www.jcb.utoronto.ca/people/singh.shtml

Let's look at your example of the Indians. In your example, bigotry was what caused the problem. You also fail to take into account that there were bigoted Indians as well. Also, there was the plague before the white man arrived that had weakened the Indians greatly. Had that not happened, they would have been able to defeat the white man, just as they had the Vikings before the plague. In reality, it was disease that conquered the Indians, not something that bigotry can conquer, and in fact, according to the article mentioned above, only makes worse. http://www.examiner.com/article/apocalypic-mysterious-plague-killed-millions-of-native-americans-the-1500s

Also, I'll take advice from you on how to debate when I want to lose one... :wink:

If you will forgive me, I can try to deal with your problems over a longer span of posts.

Let's return to your premise that all bigotry is evil.

I claim some is evil. I claim some is good.

I claim it depends on the nature of it.

big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun

intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

At the moment, aren't we totally not agreeing? Are you full of tolerance?

Am i full of tolerance?

Can one be good bigotry and the other bad bigotry?

Clearly you see me as the bad bigot.

I see the same in you.

Funny how that works.

Why do I say it is in you?

While you speak of Africans, I spoke of those in the USA. I was trying to make a point that in the main, Indians really bought into the gifts routine. The whites that came to this country had stuff to hand out.

But did they get fair return? Recall the price of Manhattan paid to the Indians?

I maintain that Bigotry is part of the human make up. We must be bigots at times. Then there are times we should not be a bigot. Actually every human is a bigot.

William
02-28-2015, 08:57 PM

Am i full of tolerance?

Sorry no, that makes no sense. Bigotry is intolerance of other views - not holding different opinions. You can easily disagree with my views without being a bigot.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 09:14 PM

Does he say that HIV is so prevalent there because of bisexuality?

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 09:23 PM
If you will forgive me, I can try to deal with your problems over a longer span of posts.

Am i full of tolerance?

Clearly you see me as the bad bigot.

I see the same in you.

Funny how that works.

Why do I say it is in you?

While you speak of Africans, I spoke of those in the USA. I was trying to make a point that in the main, Indians really bought into the gifts routine. The whites that came to this country had stuff to hand out.

But did they get fair return? Recall the price of Manhattan paid to the Indians?

I maintain that Bigotry is part of the human make up. We must be bigots at times. Then there are times we should not be a bigot. Actually every human is a bigot.

Tolerance does not mean agreement. Sure, we are disagreeing, but that doesn't mean I am being intolerant toward you. You can be tolerant of someone and still debate them.

Actually, the gift giving did not start with the whites. It started with the Indians. Gift giving was an extension of their system of bartering. The Europeans actually considered it uncouth and impolite.

The real price of Manhattan Island, or the mythical $24 worth of beads? http://mentalfloss.com/article/12657/was-manhattan-really-bought-24

You also have to take into account that from the point of view of the Indians, it was not giving the island to the Dutch exclusively, but allowing them to join them and hunt and use the land. Their concept of land ownership was different from that of the Europeans.

I contend that we are bigots at times, but bigotry is hateful, even when it is not intended to be, and that there is no time that we should be a bigot.

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 09:27 PM

Maybe in one of his other papers, but the focus of this article is the effect of bigotry and oppressive laws on HIV. He does mention bisexuality in the article.

Such missed opportunities to manage HIV and other sexually transmitted infections in these vulnerable populations also hold major public health implications for female sexual partners of bisexual MSM and male-on-male sexual assault survivors.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Maybe in one of his other papers, but the focus of this article is the effect of bigotry and oppressive laws on HIV. He does mention bisexuality in the article.

That's a shame. Gay rights could fix Africa's AIDs problem. HIV simply does not spread like that in societies which pressure people to be open about their male on male sexual activity.

TrueBlue
02-28-2015, 10:28 PM
But mostly through Heterosexual contact as AIDS originally began in Africa.

Bob
02-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Sorry no, that makes no sense. Bigotry is intolerance of other views - not holding different opinions. You can easily disagree with my views without being a bigot.

So, to you all bigotry is wrong and intolerance of views.

Wonder why this is a definition? Take notes. The word unfairly is put in. And the term dislikes other people and ideas. I give ideas that i am sure are disliked. This makes that person a bigot for disliking me unfairly.

It is my opinion that most of us use the word very scantily so we think there is but one way to see bigotry. Suppose there is this man you just can't like. Maybe it is me. And you are home and a knock on your door. You knew who it is. And right off you form an unfair opinion of said person.

Turns out your house is on fire and he knocked to warn you that you are in danger.

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Bob
02-28-2015, 11:32 PM
Tolerance does not mean agreement. Sure, we are disagreeing, but that doesn't mean I am being intolerant toward you. You can be tolerant of someone and still debate them.

Actually, the gift giving did not start with the whites. It started with the Indians. Gift giving was an extension of their system of bartering. The Europeans actually considered it uncouth and impolite.

The real price of Manhattan Island, or the mythical $24 worth of beads? http://mentalfloss.com/article/12657/was-manhattan-really-bought-24

You also have to take into account that from the point of view of the Indians, it was not giving the island to the Dutch exclusively, but allowing them to join them and hunt and use the land. Their concept of land ownership was different from that of the Europeans.

I contend that we are bigots at times, but bigotry is hateful, even when it is not intended to be, and that there is no time that we should be a bigot.

Well, that is an interesting slant on this issue.

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 11:44 PM
bigotry is just hateful and horrendous.

Hal Jordan
02-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Well, that is an interesting slant on this issue.

Could you explain that comment?

Candace Camp
02-28-2015, 11:53 PM
But mostly through Heterosexual contact as AIDS originally began in Africa.

But how could it spread there without men being bisexual?

Bob
03-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Could you explain that comment?

You presented an interesting point of view.

TrueBlue
03-01-2015, 12:37 AM
There have always been bisexual people throughout the world in virtually every country. But in Africa, where it all began, AIDS started through Heterosexual contact. There's also the darker side to AIDS that famous world researchers and doctors have brought out in the following website. Good reading!

Please see the report under "Gay and Straight" Strains of HIV and Sexual Preference" by Alan Cantwell Jr., M.D.

The Secret Origin of AIDS and HIV

http://www.serendipity.li/more/cantwell.htm

William
03-01-2015, 12:47 AM
So, to you all bigotry is wrong and intolerance of views.

Wonder why this is a definition? Take notes. The word unfairly is put in. And the term dislikes other people and ideas. I give ideas that i am sure are disliked. This makes that person a bigot for disliking me unfairly.

It is my opinion that most of us use the word very scantily so we think there is but one way to see bigotry. Suppose there is this man you just can't like. Maybe it is me. And you are home and a knock on your door. You knew who it is. And right off you form an unfair opinion of said person.

Turns out your house is on fire and he knocked to warn you that you are in danger.

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Sure, that's one definition - here are others. None of them are any different, and if you just don't like some guy, or some group, for no reason, doesn't matter what they do - you are being bigoted. So yes all bigotry is wrong, but disagreeing strongly with someone is not bigotry. Like you are disagreeing with me now, but you are not being bigoted. :smiley:

bigotry noun, plural bigotries.
1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotry

bigot noun
1. a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot

Main Entry: big·ot
Function: noun
: a person who won't listen to anyone whose ideas or beliefs are different from his or her own; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial group) with hatred and intolerance
- big·ot·ed adjectivehttp://www.wordcentral.com/cgi-bin/student?book=Student&va=bigot
(http://www.wordcentral.com/cgi-bin/student?book=Student&va=bigot)

Peter1469
03-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Cool site. It talks about a special virus cancer program- this one appears to be the follow on to an earlier one that took place in New Orleans. Doctor Mary's Monkey is a book about it.

There have always been bisexual people throughout the world in virtually every country. But in Africa, where it all began, AIDS started through Heterosexual contact. There's also the darker side to AIDS that famous world researchers and doctors have brought out in the following website. Good reading!

Please see the report under "Gay and Straight" Strains of HIV and Sexual Preference" by Alan Cantwell Jr., M.D.

The Secret Origin of AIDS and HIV

http://www.serendipity.li/more/cantwell.htm

Bob
03-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Sure, that's one definition - here are others. None of them are any different, and if you just don't like some guy, or some group, for no reason, doesn't matter what they do - you are being bigoted. So yes all bigotry is wrong, but disagreeing strongly with someone is not bigotry. Like you are disagreeing with me now, but you are not being bigoted. :smiley:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotry

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot

http://www.wordcentral.com/cgi-bin/student?book=Student&va=bigot
(http://www.wordcentral.com/cgi-bin/student?book=Student&va=bigot)

Here is the thing William, do you have any rights?

Can you cross simply do as you please?

The term Bigot means little to me. I see it as simply a slur. A way to try to tell the other person,.

"Hey scumbag, I am a lot better than you."

I prefer to avoid such means of communication.

As a rule, it normally shows up when discussing politics. A very uncertain sort of way of thinking.

Take guns for instance. To you, they might be evil and you despise them and accept your loss of freedom to own or carry guns as normal. To we in the USA, we value our right to bear arms. We codified it in our constitution centuries ago.

Captain Obvious
03-01-2015, 01:10 PM

The term Bigot means little to me. I see it as simply a slur. A way to try to tell the other person,.

As a rule, it normally shows up when discussing politics. A very uncertain sort of way of thinking.

Take guns for instance. To you, they might be evil and you despise them and accept your loss of freedom to own or carry guns as normal. To we in the USA, we value our right to bear arms. We codified it in our constitution centuries ago.

So then there are no bigots, just people looked down on?

Yeah...

Bob
03-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Yeah...

Are you one?

PolWatch
03-01-2015, 01:13 PM

Yeah...

it may depend on if you are the caller or the callee....:rollseyes:

pragmatic
03-01-2015, 01:20 PM
So what the hell ever happened with those 2 dang sharks???!!!!!

(you bunch of scattered brained nuts....!!)

Hal Jordan
03-01-2015, 02:23 PM
So what the hell ever happened with those 2 dang sharks???!!!!!

(you bunch of scattered brained nuts....!!)

What sharks?

Dr. Who
03-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Because the disease is present in both the female and male population. Contrary to popular belief, AIDs was not spread through homosexual contact. HIV is a mutation of SIV found in certain ape populations in Africa. Long story short, it is believed that some of the rural inhabitants of Africa ate bush meat (monkey meat) which was infected with simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV). Through cuts and scratches incurred while hunting and butchering the meat, it entered the bloodstream of humans. This would have occurred sometime during the 19th century. The virus gradually mutated in humans, as it wasn't necessarily fatal until it became HIV sometime in the 20th century. It could easily be passed to woman because of the practice of female circumcision which involves the sewing shut of the entrance to the vagina, leaving only a tiny opening which is literally ripped open on the woman's wedding night, resulting in an open wound and easy infection site. Needless to say, promiscuity in towns and cities also promoted the spread of the virus. Later as well meaning doctors and nurses started mass vaccinations for all manner of viruses, they unfortunately didn't sterilize the needles between use and thus transferred HIV from person to person. The largest populations of HIV infected people seem to be in areas where the most massive vaccination campaigns took place, particularly in the 50's. The earliest documented death from HIV was in 1959.

Candace Camp
03-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Because the disease is present in both the female and male population. Contrary to popular belief, AIDs was not spread through homosexual contact. HIV is a mutation of SIV found in certain ape populations in Africa. Long story short, it is believed that some of the rural inhabitants of Africa ate bush meat (monkey meat) which was infected with simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV). Through cuts and scratches incurred while hunting and butchering the meat, it entered the bloodstream of humans. This would have occurred sometime during the 19th century. The virus gradually mutated in humans, as it wasn't necessarily fatal until it became HIV sometime in the 20th century. It could easily be passed to woman because of the practice of female circumcision which involves the sewing shut of the entrance to the vagina, leaving only a tiny opening which is literally ripped open on the woman's wedding night, resulting in an open wound and easy infection site. Needless to say, promiscuity in towns and cities also promoted the spread of the virus. Later as well meaning doctors and nurses started mass vaccinations for all manner of viruses, they unfortunately didn't sterilize the needles between use and thus transferred HIV from person to person. The largest populations of HIV infected people seem to be in areas where the most massive vaccination campaigns took place, particularly in the 50's. The earliest documented death from HIV was in 1959.

That's sinister!

William
03-01-2015, 08:12 PM

OK, I don't have as many rights as you, cos I'm under age, but I am a citizen of the UK, and will become a citizen of Australia when I am 18. So I do have rights, but I can't do as I please for loads of reasons. I have to listen to my parents, my teachers, and some other people who have control over me, but it won't be like that forever. (What does 'cross simply' mean?)

'Bigot' is just a word with a certain defined meaning to me - like lots of other words, it is useful to communicate that exact meaning. I don't think I have ever used that word to anyone, cos I don't know anyone who I think is a bigot. But I do think there are people who are/were bigots - like the KKK and the Nazis, and people who rant on about 'the Blacks' or 'the Muslims'. So I don't think it is just a way of dissing people who disagree with you.

Actually, I find guns quite interesting and wish I could have one. :smiley: To me, they are just things which cannot be evil or good - they are just things, like a bike or an Ipad. I don't despise things that have no choice what they are.

I grew up in, and live in, a society where guns are simply not necessary - where I grew up, even the police do not carry guns. So I don't accept the right to carry an unnecessary thing as a 'freedom', and I am safer in my society not carrying a gun than you are carrying one in yours. 30,000 Americans die every year from gunshot wounds. In the UK, the figure is between 30 and 50.

I have seen lots of Americans write that they are 'freer' than any one else, but I don't understand why they think that. Apart from carry a gun, there is nothing you can do in your society that a grownup can't do in the UK or Australia. And we have less poverty, fewer murders, free healthcare, unlimited unemployment benefits, government funded pensions for the elderly, widows pensions, and other stuff that makes life easier for those people who are not rich. Australia has the second highest standard of living after Norway, on the Inequality adjusted, Human Development Index. Freedom from worries about healthcare, income, and violent crime, is more important to us than the freedom to carry a killing machine. Sorry, I'm not dissing your values, but that's just the way I look at it. :smiley:

Cthulhu
03-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Have sex with a giraffe first.

...unless you're a giraffe phone.

Seriously man, this is stupid. Not wanting to Porks dudes makes you a phone?

Zombie Apocalypse 2016

I'll be in my bunker if anyone needs me.

Sent from my evil kitten eating cell phone.

Cthulhu
03-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Strangely enough, either love or bigotry will work.

How do you stop a violent criminal?

Violence works most of the time. Begging and pleading is historically a bad option.

Hal Jordan
03-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Strangely enough, either love or bigotry will work.

How do you stop a violent criminal?

Violence works most of the time. Begging and pleading is historically a bad option.

You can also stop a violent criminal by being clever...