PDA

View Full Version : Obama says no more immigration

hellraiser
08-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Friends Obama says now he will not send immigrants home is
Nt this great? He said police will go for criminals instead. Yay Obama!!

Mister D
08-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Friends Obama says now he will not send immigrants home is
Nt this great? He said police will go for criminals instead. Yay Obama!!

Illegal immigrants are criminals. This is also naked pandering.

Conley
08-21-2011, 09:38 AM
What department of law enforcement is diverting resources to? Is he putting more people on the task of busting up medical marijuana growers and dispensaries? Or perhaps training a new crew to head on down to Gitmo and continue the policy he claimed he was going to change?

I would be ok with moving resources from deportation to securing the border in the first place. Stop illegals but more importantly strengthen our national defense at the border and deportation wouldn't be an issue. Stop it at the source. There are plenty of people around here who have come back five, ten, even more times. If you diverted all the resources spent taking these people back and forth and just put along the border I think it'd be better for all of us. I don't think building those small stretches of fence is doing anything.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
This is all politics. It's an election year and BO is in trouble so he's pandering.

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:29 AM
This is all politics. It's an election year and BO is in trouble so he's pandering.

True, but I think he already had most of those votes. I guess he is trying to make inroads with the Hispanic community. I wonder if they are supporters of Perry or not. I can't remember if Perry is Catholic or one of those funky newer denominations.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM

True, but I think he already had most of those votes. I guess he is trying to make inroads with the Hispanic community. I wonder if they are supporters of Perry or not. I can't remember if Perry is Catholic or one of those funky newer denominations.

If they went out to vote he'd have the votes, I agree. The thing is they may not bother. IMO, this is stark naked pandering.

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:39 AM

If they went out to vote he'd have the votes, I agree. The thing is they may not bother. IMO, this is stark naked pandering.

I agree. We heard this last time he was on the campaign trail and he didn't follow through (sound familiar?). I don't think the minority vote is coming out for Obama this time. It takes a lot to get them out and even if people were satisfied it would take some work. Now that he's deported more people than Bush I think he'll find it quite a bit harder. Of course most in the community don't even realize that last fact. It's still largely irrelevant anyhow...I just don't see re-election in the cards.

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Perry is an evangelical. Not sure how I could have forgotten that. Truthfully that does make me a little nervous. I'd much prefer a Catholic. :D Is that bad? I can't help it...just how I feel.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:43 AM

I agree. We heard this last time he was on the campaign trail and he didn't follow through (sound familiar?). I don't think the minority vote is coming out for Obama this time. It takes a lot to get them out and even if people were satisfied it would take some work. Now that he's deported more people than Bush I think he'll find it quite a bit harder. Of course most in the community don't even realize that last fact. It's still largely irrelevant anyhow...I just don't see re-election in the cards.

Maybe if he made serious attempt at comprehensive immigration reform amnesty Hispanics and Mexicans in particular could be mobilized to vote for him but he just doesn't have the political muscle. He wasted all his political clout on health care reform. If that is overturned (and it looks like it might be) this will have been a failed presidency in every respect.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Perry is an evangelical. Not sure how I could have forgotten that. Truthfully that does make me a little nervous. I'd much prefer a Catholic. :D Is that bad? I can't help it...just how I feel.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It does tend to remind one of Bush...

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:46 AM
It's such a joke to call that health care reform. Not a thing was reformed...don't even get me started on that bullspit >:(

It should be overturned. It's a freaking albatross around the economy.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:48 AM
It's such a joke to call that health care reform. Not a thing was reformed...don't even get me started on that bullspit >:(

How is that going in the courts? I haven't looked to see lately.

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:49 AM

I'm not sure...I figured once a final decision is reached we'd hear about it.

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:53 AM

I suppose I'm just old fashioned. Having big prayer meet ups in arenas, laying of hands and the faith healing, all the while collecting megabucks, I'm just skeptical of that stuff. I know they're not all like that but it just seems like a disturbing confluence of making money off religion and seniors who are desperate to believe in some charismatic 'man of God'. Some of these guys walk around like rock stars and it just seems a little out there to me. I have had some great ministers in Catholic and Anglican churches but to a man they have all been more about God than self promotion.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 12:30 PM

I suppose I'm just old fashioned. Having big prayer meet ups in arenas, laying of hands and the faith healing, all the while collecting megabucks, I'm just skeptical of that stuff. I know they're not all like that but it just seems like a disturbing confluence of making money off religion and seniors who are desperate to believe in some charismatic 'man of God'. Some of these guys walk around like rock stars and it just seems a little out there to me. I have had some great ministers in Catholic and Anglican churches but to a man they have all been more about God than self promotion.

I can understand that. I guess where the money goes is the most important issue. It should go toward the furtherance of the Gospel and to charity. I'd like to think that most of the time it does.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Mind you, I don't think preachers should be paupers.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 12:31 PM

It's been pretty drawn out so I guess there is not much reason to follow along at every step.

MMC
08-21-2011, 01:16 PM

It's been pretty drawn out so I guess there is not much reason to follow along at every step.

Especially after Obama admitted to the oversight of the middle class being able to get free services and their projections on the numbers.

wingrider
08-21-2011, 06:07 PM
the 11th circuit court found the individual mandate unconstitutional .. now it goes to the supreme court.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 06:34 PM
the 11th circuit court found the individual mandate unconstitutional .. now it goes to the supreme court.

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

wingrider
08-21-2011, 08:20 PM
now back on topic,

I have never quite understood why the left has such a hard time knowing the difference between people who emigrate LEGALLY to the United States and go thorough all the requirements to become American citizens, such as learning our history and learning to communicate in english,

and those criminals who break the law by sneaking into the country and become a drain on our whole system.

once they can convince me that ILLEGALS are not breaking the law I might have a little empathy for them