PDA

View Full Version : Space Aliens Are Probably Progressive Liberals

Mister D
08-22-2011, 12:33 PM
By now you’ve probably read about the paper — authored by a NASA-affiliated scientist along with two scholars from Penn “Hockey Stick Graph” University — laying out various scenarios that might play out in the aftermath of first contact with an alien intelligence. The paper, published in Acta Astronautica, hilariously suggests that an otherwise benevolent alien race might nevertheless destroy us in a “preemptive” strike designed to stop us from global-warming our way to galactic dominion. You read that right. (Shall we call this manner of preemptive strike the Gore Doctrine?)

continues...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/275066/space-aliens-are-probably-progressive-liberals-daniel-foster

Conley
08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
:D

Too funny. I very much doubt contact with an alien race will be peaceful, at least once we are in physical proximity. If it's just radio waves or something it'll probably take a while for them to get to us. If it happens any time soon though I think it will probably be the end of the human race. I really doubt they'll be liberals though, more like neo cons. :D

MMC
08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
They will be like Obama.....there is no Difference between Neo-Libs and Neo-Cons, Campaign Never Ends!

wicked necromongers: dame Vaako / Richard B Riddick / lord Vaako (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQ4l9fUxEM#)

You Keep What you Kill..... >:D

Conley
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Great article by the way -- thanks for posting it D. Very entertaining!

Mister D
08-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Great article by the way -- thanks for posting it D. Very entertaining!

It's even funier because it's not actually meant to be funny. Not by the authors anyway. :D

I've been going to National Review Online a lot at lunch lately.

MMC
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Blue (Da Ba Dee) Remix 2009 Djs From Mars Mars Attax FM Mix Official Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOvupKClPws#)

D.....you mean to tell me That you Werent saying They are Blue? >:D :D

Alright alright I'll read the article..... ;)

MMC
08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Somebody at NASA wrote this.....huh. Hawkins Says we shouldn't contact as they may destroy us or more likely to be hostile. In the meantime Seti has been sending radiowaves out there and listening.

But I did like that ones guys comment. Big Deal....Aliens vote for Democrats. Everyone's known that for years. :D :D ;D

Mister D
08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Somebody at NASA wrote this.....huh. Hawkins Says we shouldn't contact as they may destroy us or more likely to be hostile. In the meantime Seti has been sending radiowaves out there and listening.

But I did like that ones guys comment. Big Deal....Aliens vote for Democrats. Everyone's known that for years. :D :D ;D

:D ;)

MMC
08-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Thru The Ozone Children of the Sun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P21AaZ71O3I#)

Ezekiel 1:15-21
15Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

16The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

17When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

18As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

19And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

20Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

21When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

>:D ;D

Mister D
08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Methinks you've been hanging out with Soda Popinski too much.

MMC
08-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Methinks you've been hanging out with Soda Popinski too much.

Me and Every Civilization that has been on this planet.....

Soon you will be assimilated my brutha......http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/olovo/smilies/spacecraft.gif >:D ;D

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 08:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with hypothesizing about a hypothetical.

For your sake you had better hope the aliens are more of a liberal group instead of conservatives or politics will be the least of your worries.

I like to think I'd handle myself well in such a situation, thanks in no small part to the extensive science fiction readings I have accomplished in my life.

Conley
08-22-2011, 08:29 PM

How in the world does reading sci-fi prepare you for an alien invasion?

I enjoyed Platoon but that doesn't mean I'd do well in the Vietnam War.

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 08:41 PM

::)

Lots of ways: means of communication, possible goals of the alien civilization, human interactivity, etc.

MMC
08-22-2011, 10:06 PM

::)

Lots of ways: means of communication, possible goals of the alien civilization, human interactivity, etc.

Well at least you wouldn't be in shock..... >:D :D ;D

Conley
08-22-2011, 10:09 PM

I think he would soil himself. I know I would!

MMC
08-23-2011, 12:34 AM

I think he would soil himself. I know I would!

What you didn't read Chariots of the Gods? :o