PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Maxine Waters: ‘The tea party can go straight to hell’

Mister D
08-22-2011, 01:52 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rep-maxine-waters-tea-party-straight-hell-133907771.htmlCalifornia Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters, who had some tough words for the leaders of her own party last week, took aim at the other side on Saturday, saying that the tea party could "go straight to hell."

"I'm not afraid of anybody," Waters said at a weekend community meeting in Inglewood, California. "This is a tough game. You can't be intimidated. You can't be frightened. And as far as I'm concerned, the tea party can go straight to hell."

snip

At a job fair in Detroit last week...

A job fair in Detroit? :roflmao:

hellraiser
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
why is this funny?

we need more jobs

MMC
08-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh she was at a job fair in Inglewood California. Guess she had to talk tuff in front of those Bangers. Think they will vote for her?

hellraiser
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
what is wrong with detroit? many muslims are in michigan. is this a problem?

MMC
08-22-2011, 02:54 PM
why is this funny?

we need more jobs

At a job fair in Detroit last week, the 11-term congresswoman said that black members of Congress were growing "tired" of defending President Barack Obama in the face of high unemployment rates.

"We do not put pressure on the president because y'all love the president," Waters said. "You are very proud to have a black man as president for the very first time in the history of the United States of America. ... The Congressional Black Caucus loves the president, too. We're supportive of the president, but we're getting tired. We're getting tired. The unemployment is unconscionable. We don't know what the strategy is."

Because HR.....she said this about Obama and she is talking about the Black Caucus too.

hellraiser
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
i dont know to me no jobs is not funny

maybe if you are rich republican without worry then you can laugh at the poor

i am hellraiser! and i tell who go straight to hell...republicans and tea party yes we can! lol :)

Conley
08-22-2011, 03:58 PM
i dont know to me no jobs is not funny

maybe if you are rich republican without worry then you can laugh at the poor

i am hellraiser! and i tell who go straight to hell...republicans and tea party yes we can! lol :)

No, the joke isn't about people not having jobs. It's that no one would want to move to Detroit. It's a ruined city, and before you ask no I don't think it's that way because of the Muslims.

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Maxine is 100% correct.

Mister D
08-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Maxine is 100% correct.

About what?

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Maxine is correct in stating that the Tea Party members will be going to hell. Where were they during the Bush years?

It is basically a thinly veiled Klan meeting.

MMC
08-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Maxine is correct in stating that the Tea Party members will be going to hell. Where were they during the Bush years?

How partisan of you to think that the Tea Baggers will be going to hell. Didn't you hear Hell only accepts specialty blends. >:D

So what do you got to say about Waters talking all that shit about Obama? Why is it okay for Maxine Waters to talk to blacks and talk about the black caucus. How they can be proud he is a black President. :o

Tell us why Waters should be creating racial divisions in this country at a time when we need no more divisions. How was she helping about jobs by trying to explain to people in California that she is not afraid of the Tea baggers. Especilly in a state where there is limited Tea-bagging action. Then explain why Waters.....a CongressWoman from California was doing in Detroit Michigan to talk about anything. Wasting those Californians tax payer money.....huh? This is one of those progressives that likes to spend others peoples money. How much is that helmet she is wearing cost? Waters is one of the problems that plagues the US government. Because she is a thief, and has her hand in any til she can get her grubby mitts into. >:( ::)

wingrider
08-22-2011, 11:35 PM
as a member of the Tea Party I have a message for Maxine waters.

she said the Tea Party can go to hell.. but she needs to understand that the Tea Party wants nothing to do with where she lives

Conley
08-22-2011, 11:43 PM
as a member of the Tea Party I have a message for Maxine waters.

she said the Tea Party can go to hell.. but she needs to understand that the Tea Party wants nothing to do with where she lives

:D :D :D

Inglewood...Inglewood...definitely in Da Hood...

Mister D
08-23-2011, 07:44 AM

I won't ask you to support that accusation because 1) it's not your wont and 2) you can't because it's absolute nonsense.

Pendragon
08-23-2011, 10:56 AM

How partisan of you to think that the Tea Baggers will be going to hell. Didn't you hear Hell only accepts specialty blends. >:D

So what do you got to say about Waters talking all that shit about Obama? Why is it okay for Maxine Waters to talk to blacks and talk about the black caucus. How they can be proud he is a black President. :o

Tell us why Waters should be creating racial divisions in this country at a time when we need no more divisions. How was she helping about jobs by trying to explain to people in California that she is not afraid of the Tea baggers. Especilly in a state where there is limited Tea-bagging action. Then explain why Waters.....a CongressWoman from California was doing in Detroit Michigan to talk about anything. Wasting those Californians tax payer money.....huh? This is one of those progressives that likes to spend others peoples money. How much is that helmet she is wearing cost? Waters is one of the problems that plagues the US government. Because she is a thief, and has her hand in any til she can get her grubby mitts into. >:( ::)

Maxine isn't creating racial divide in this country. Your beloved Tea Party however is.

Just do a google search for Tea Party racism. Read and educate yourself.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/joan_walsh/politics/2010/03/20/tea_party_racism

A year later, though, it's worth more of my time to say what many resist: The tea party movement is disturbingly racist and reactionary, from its roots to its highest branches. On Saturday, as a small group of protesters jammed the Capitol and the streets around it, the movement's origins in white resistance to the Civil Rights Movement was impossible to ignore. Here's only what the mainstream media is reporting, ignoring what I'm seeing on Twitter and left wing blogs:

* Civil rights hero Rep. John Lewis was taunted by tea partiers who chanted "n*****" at least 15 times, according to the Associated Press (we are not cleaning up language and using "the N-word" here because it's really important to understand what was said.) First reported on The Hill blog (no hotbed of left-wing fervor), the stories of Lewis being called "n*****" were confirmed by Lewis spokeswoman Brenda Jones and Democratic Rep. Andre Carson, who was walking with Lewis. "It was like going into the time machine with John Lewis," said Carson, a former police officer. "He said it reminded him of another time."
* Another Congressional Black Caucus leader, Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, was spat upon by protesters. The culprit was arrested, but Cleaver declined to press charges.
* House Majority Whip James Clybourn told reporters: "I heard people saying things today that I have not heard since March 15, 1960, when I was marching to try to get off the back of the bus."
* There were many reports that Rep. Barney Frank was called a "f*****" by protesters, but the one I saw personally was by CNN's Dana Bash, who seemed rattled by the tea party fury. Frank told AP: "It's a mob mentality that doesn't work politically."
* Meanwhile, a brick came through the window at Rep. Louise Slaughter's Niagara Falls office on Saturday (the day she argued for her "Slaughter solution" to pass health care reform, though it was rejected by other Democrats on the House Rules Committee).

There are hundreds more of examples. How can you defend this kind of behavior? No one deserves to be treated like this no matter their political bent.

Mister D
08-23-2011, 11:01 AM
The accusations made by John Lewis of people chanting "nigger" have not been substantiated. IOW, there is no reason whatsoever to believe this silly story unless of course you desperately want to.

MMC
08-23-2011, 11:13 AM
We do not put pressure on the president because y'all love the president," Waters said. "You are very proud to have a black man as president for the very first time in the history of the United States of America. ... The Congressional Black Caucus loves the president, too. We're supportive of the president, but we're getting tired. We're getting tired. The unemployment is unconscionable. We don't know what the strategy is."

Not about a racial divide.....they don't put pressure on him because he is a black man and everybody is proud. Hmmmm.....really now? Thats not about creating divisions when she is speaking from an All Black Neighborhood? She must have forgot about the cameras then. The article is not about what the Tea party is saying. It's about what Waters is saying. So in the same sentence she does exactly what the tea Party does. But then as is with those typical progressives. It's all about do as I say and not as I Do!

Mister D
08-23-2011, 11:37 AM
The democrats causing a racial divide!? The hell you say! :D ::)

Conley
08-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Salon seems like a poor choice of names for a publication that wants to be taken seriously. Good for those who want some GOP bashing along with their manicures ???

MMC
08-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Salon seems like a poor choice of names for a publication that wants to be taken seriously. Good for those who want some GOP bashing along with their manicures ???

Salon??? ::) That Joan Walsh slurps it up on MSDNC and Especially The Ed Schultz Show and that Bill Press Guy from out your way CL. :o

Mister D
08-23-2011, 12:36 PM
It's amazing what people will believe with virtually no evidence.

Conley
08-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Ah, I didn't know about this definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salon_%28gathering%29

Clearly it was over my head. :D

Pendragon
08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Ms. Waters criticized Obama for the lack of job creation and for not doing enough to address unemployment, and you want to crucify her? Her statements clearly indicate that African Americans should not give him a pass for the color of his skin. If she had praised him you would attack her, if she says something negative about him, you attack her, what is she to do? Clearly there is more afoot here than politics. Hmm...

Mister D
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Ms. Waters criticized Obama for the lack of job creation and for not doing enough to address unemployment, and you want to crucify her? Her statements clearly indicate that African Americans should not give him a pass for the color of his skin. If she had praised him you would attack her, if she says something negative about him, you attack her, what is she to do? Clearly there is more afoot here than politics. Hmm...

Of course. We just hate black people. :D

Pendragon
08-23-2011, 02:47 PM

Interesting that you joke about that. I have yet to read a single positive thing about an African American on this board.

Perhaps you can correct me with a link?

Mister D
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM

Interesting that you joke about that. I have yet to read a single positive thing about an African American on this board.

No one here goes out of their way to post nice things about "African Americans". :D Do you feel ike you might be a racist, Pen? I'll start thread for you.

Conley
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM

We say nice things about people regardless of skin color.

We're fun people actually. ;D

wingrider
08-23-2011, 11:21 PM
you want nice things said about black people?

sure here ya go.

micheal jackson was a pretty good musician

Bill cosby was a great comedian and entertainer

Micheal Jordan is the best b-balll player I ever saw

the Harlem globtrotters , fantastic

Lena Horne , not only a great singer but absolutly beautiful

Louie armstrong, great musician

Barack Obama ... mediocre at best

Conley
08-23-2011, 11:40 PM
:D

Nice LoVE!

wingrider
08-24-2011, 12:28 AM
oh man I forgot my main man

will smith ... fantastic actor.. loved him in several movies.. especially Independance day

Pendragon
08-24-2011, 11:59 AM
I can't help but notice this thread and the other are full of examples of African Americans as entertainers and nothing else.

I will refrain from pursuing this line of thought since the implications have been made clear to me. I don't wish to encourage ugliness.

MMC
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
I can't help but notice this thread and the other are full of examples of African Americans as entertainers and nothing else.

I will refrain from pursuing this line of thought since the implications have been made clear to me. I don't wish to encourage ugliness.

Herman Cain owns Godfathers Pizza.....just sayin? :D ;D

Conley
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah but that's not good pizza! Give me some Chitown UNOs! >:D

Darn it, now I am starving...

Mister D
08-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Dont you want to say anything nice about black people? Now is your chance.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Too much bread. Those Chitown guys don't know what they're doing. ;)

MMC
08-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Say what.....this coming from the land of cardboard pizza. Just cuz its made chewie doesnt mean it's Pizza. :D ;D

Mister D
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Say what.....this coming from the land of cardboard pizza. Just cuz its made chewie doesnt mean it's Pizza. :D ;D

NY pizza is da best! 8) Nice thin crust.

Conley
08-24-2011, 12:18 PM
I like em both. They're pretty different. I'm sure there are some Chicago style pizzas much better than Uno's.

Out here we do crazy stuff with our pizzas, like white sauce, artichoke hearts...hawaiian with pineapple and ham. There are all kinds of crazy options. I think the pot-heads have contributed to the creativity.

:weedsmoking:

MMC
08-24-2011, 12:44 PM
I like em both. They're pretty different. I'm sure there are some Chicago style pizzas much better than Uno's.

Out here we do crazy stuff with our pizzas, like white sauce, artichoke hearts...hawaiian with pineapple and ham. There are all kinds of crazy options. I think the pot-heads have contributed to the creativity.

We have Arrannelos Best Thin Crust around. But No1 for their Stuffed Pizza.....and Priazzo. Mmmm Pizza Pie. :P ;)

Mister D
08-24-2011, 12:49 PM

White is pretty common now but it may have originated in CA. for all I know. Makes sense that the Hawaiian style would.

Conley
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Yep, it seems the regional differences shrink with every year. I don't think you can get good southern food around here but for all I know it's possible. I've never much been into biscuits and gravy.

MMC
08-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Yep, it seems the regional differences shrink with every year. I don't think you can get good southern food around here but for all I know it's possible. I've never much been into biscuits and gravy.

What I luvs me some biscuits and gravy.....but you right have to go down South for the real thing. We got the Hawaian pizza up here to. Papa Johns. Hawaiain and Canadian Bacon.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 01:10 PM

In my experience, that's true but only when it comes to bad food. You can get pizza anywhere but not good pizza. Similarly, you can get BBQ anywhere but not good BBQ. It probably isn't commented upon because guys in NJ and CA typically don't know good BBQ from mediocre BBQ and guys in Ohio don't know good pizza from medicore pizza.

Conley
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM

What I luvs me some biscuits and gravy.....but you right have to go down South for the real thing. We got the Hawaian pizza up here to. Papa Johns. Hawaiain and Canadian Bacon.

What kind of biscuits and gravy? I like the white gravy myself.

MMC
08-24-2011, 01:20 PM

In my experience, that's true but only when it comes to bad food. You can get pizza anywhere but not good pizza. Similarly, you can get BBQ anywhere but not good BBQ. It probably isn't commented upon because guys in NJ and CA typically don't know good BBQ from mediocre BBQ and guys in Ohio don't know good pizza from medicore pizza.

Well there you go.....now who else can cook chitlins and collard greens with some black-eyed peas and ox tail better than African Americans? Just ask Chris Rock. Maybe Maxine Waters can become a comedian as obviously she is only acting like a Politician. Think everybody calls her Max? guess they can call her Mad max now.....huh? :D ;) ;D

Conley
08-24-2011, 01:24 PM
:D Any relation to Muddy Waters?

MMC
08-24-2011, 01:26 PM

What kind of biscuits and gravy? I like the white gravy myself.

As my Aunt Cheryl Says.....Pork Gravy! The White Gravy! Then throw a side of piled hash browns with it. Mmmmmm mmmmmm good. Betcha Mad Max wont turn down some biscuits and gravy. She knows all about that Pork! :D

Conley
08-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Yeah, I do find it odd she was in Detroit. I guess it was a meeting of the Black Caucus or something.

MMC
08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Mr. Wendal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9pfxI1p3v8#)

Here you go Pen.....watch this video and then you tell me. How and what the liberal approach is to society with people like those in this video. Tell me how the Liberal Elite solves this problem.

MMC
08-24-2011, 01:57 PM

Yeah, I do find it odd she was in Detroit. I guess it was a meeting of the Black Caucus or something.

Yes another reason to go trapsing around the Country. We will create a Caucus. You have dollars and free food......will travel. The Maxine Waters of the World. Guess I would travel all over the place on other's people money if i could get away with it too. Here politicians do it legally. In the buisness sector it's called Embezzling and Extortion. >:D

wingrider
08-24-2011, 11:19 PM
dang... people you all forgot the best part of southern cooking.

grits and black eyed peas with pork shank, and how about some of that gumbo?

Conley
08-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Yes on all that except the gumbo.

Gumbo is where they put the stuff that you wouldn't eat if you knew where it came from.

;D

wingrider
08-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Yes on all that except the gumbo.

Gumbo is where they put the stuff that you wouldn't eat if you knew where it came from.

;D

LMAO.. but I really like craw fish pie, now that is some good eating right there,

Conley
08-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Nice...do you eat the heads on the crawfish? I've always been curious about that.

Sober I don't think I would but after soaking a few all bets are off :D

wingrider
08-24-2011, 11:57 PM
nope ... come on man .. you cut the tails off .. skin em .. saute them in in cajun hot sauce then add them to your marinate base and put the whole mixture into a pie shell and bake it..

http://www.cajuncrawfishpie.com/crawfish-pie-recipes.html

here ya go enjoy

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:04 AM
nope ... come on man .. you cut the tails off .. skin em .. saute them in in cajun hot sauce then add them to your marinate base and put the whole mixture into a pie shell and bake it..

http://www.cajuncrawfishpie.com/crawfish-pie-recipes.html

here ya go enjoy

But that recipe says the tails are all you use!?

:o

* 1/2 stick of real butter
* 1/2 cup of chopped green bellpeppers
* 1/2 cup of chopped celery
* 2 teaspoons of salt
* 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
* 1/2 cup of canned tomatoes that are chopped
* 1 lb. of fresh Louisiana crawfish tails
* 2 teaspoons of chopped parsely
* 2 tablespoons of flour
* 1 cup of water
* 1 pie crust (use other recipes to make the standard pie crust)

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Claws of larger boiled specimens are often pulled apart to access the meat inside. Another favourite is to suck the head of the crayfish, as seasoning and flavor can collect in the fat of the boiled interior. A popular double entendre laden phrase heard around crawfish season in Louisiana derives from this practice: "suck the head; pinch the tail".[17]

:o :o :o

wingrider
08-25-2011, 12:12 AM
now that was funny.. ummm is that a double entendre???

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:16 AM
now that was funny.. ummm is that a double entendre???

:D :D That was from Wikipedia...and how come you never hear about a single entendre? What's up with that?

wingrider
08-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Claws of larger boiled specimens are often pulled apart to access the meat inside. Another favourite is to suck the head of the crayfish, as seasoning and flavor can collect in the fat of the boiled interior. A popular double entendre laden phrase heard around crawfish season in Louisiana derives from this practice: "suck the head; pinch the tail".[17]

:o :o :o

when I was a teenager I said that to a girl friend and she said " there will be a man on the moon before I do that"

I sent a thank you note to Neil Armstrong..

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:20 AM
:D :D :D

That was a BIGGER step for mankind than I realized!

wingrider
08-25-2011, 12:23 AM
yeppers LOL

wingrider
08-26-2011, 04:18 AM
it seems Mrs Waters has had a very long and illustrious carreer..here is a little information about her that i bet most people did not know.

http://news.yahoo.com/kerosene-maxine-tea-party-hell-070000411.html

In 1973, the former Black Panther Joanne Chesimard shot and killed a New Jersey state trooper. Found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison, Chesimard escaped from a New Jersey penitentiary and fled to Cuba. Congress passed a resolution urging Castro to extradite her to this country. But Waters wrote Castro a letter, urging him to keep the "persecuted ... political activist" and likened the cop killer to Martin Luther King, since Chesimard had been "persecuted for her civil rights work"!

this is just one example .. read the full article for more eye opening information about this "Lady"

Conley
08-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Great article LoVE...I didn't know any of that. Check this bomb out:

"Waters currently faces an investigation by the House ethics committee. She phoned then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson in 2008, asking his office to meet with minority bank owners. He complied. But most of the bankers in attendance were from OneUnited Bank — a bank in which Waters' husband owned shares and on whose board he once served. OneUnited asked for a special bailout, and three months later, it received $12 million. The basis of the House ethics inquiry is why Waters failed to disclose to Paulson her personal financial interest in the bank bailout."

Gee, nothing suspicious there! Did she think people wouldn't notice the family connection? It's nice to know there are still ethics inquiries into the finances of our politicians...I thought that was another one of those programs we had to scrap because we couldn't afford it, like Space Shuttles and Congressional Pages.

MMC
08-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Great article LoVE...I didn't know any of that. Check this bomb out:

"Waters currently faces an investigation by the House ethics committee. She phoned then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson in 2008, asking his office to meet with minority bank owners. He complied. But most of the bankers in attendance were from OneUnited Bank — a bank in which Waters' husband owned shares and on whose board he once served. OneUnited asked for a special bailout, and three months later, it received $12 million. The basis of the House ethics inquiry is why Waters failed to disclose to Paulson her personal financial interest in the bank bailout."

Gee, nothing suspicious there! Did she think people wouldn't notice the family connection? It's nice to know there are still ethics inquiries into the finances of our politicians...I thought that was another one of those programs we had to scrap because we couldn't afford it, like Space Shuttles and Congressional Pages.

Mornin my brutha erm sista..... ;) I think I mentioned before about Waters and her Banker hubby.

Conley
08-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Mornin brutha!

I musta missed your mention of Mad Max...I started posting before I had my first sip of joe...I'll get smarter after a cup or two, promise ;D

MMC
08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Mornin brutha!

I musta missed your mention of Mad Max...I started posting before I had my first sip of joe...I'll get smarter after a cup or two, promise ;D

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1186317219570&id=5fad156b1652226657a5e8cbdfcbda61&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thepinksmoke.com%2fimages%2fb eyondthunderdome.jpg

Looks Like Max is all about that Thunderdome.....2 Parties Enter.....and she gets to always leave. :D