PDA

View Full Version : Was this a crime?

William
03-20-2015, 11:32 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2049120/thumbs/o-JESUS-STATUE-BLURRED-570.jpg?22
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/11/oral-sex-jesus-statue-photo_n_5805174.html

LOL, I thought it was rollin', but maybe everyone doesn't agree. :grin:

Hal Jordan
03-20-2015, 11:43 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/11/oral-sex-jesus-statue-photo_n_5805174.html

Apparently. I think it was in bad taste, but shouldn't be illegal...

The Xl
03-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Anything legislators decide can be a crime. Eating skittles can technically be a crime.

Is it really legitimate one? No.

Dragonborn Herald
03-20-2015, 11:49 PM
No, it's not a crtime, but he need to have the shit slapped out of him.

And i'm not religious either.

That's extremely distasteful and respectful.

He's either a faggot or a liberal or a liberal faggot.

Why can't people grow the flock up and learn what true tolerance is.

I'd love to live in a world where there was some true tolerance and true respect.

William
03-20-2015, 11:59 PM

I'd love to live in a world where there was some true tolerance and true respect.

LOL, so your world of true tolerance and true respect would 'slap the shit' out of some kid for not venerating a lump of concrete? Chillax man, that was jokes and no harm was done to the lump of concrete! :laugh:

Redrose
03-21-2015, 12:02 AM

We discussed this photo a few months ago. I believe the teen was arrested. I don't think arrest was necessary, at first I did, but kids do dumb stuff. It was in poor taste for sure, and he should have been made to at least apologize to the people offended.

Dragonborn Herald
03-21-2015, 01:27 AM
LOL, so your world of true tolerance and true respect would 'slap the $#@!' out of some kid for not venerating a lump of concrete? Chillax man, that was jokes and no harm was done to the lump of concrete! :laugh:

Tolerance doesn't mean turn a blind eye to stupidity.

And turnabout only reveals your character to me.

Redrose
03-21-2015, 01:55 AM
I don't feel it's just a lump of concrete, it's what it represents. The flag is just a piece of cloth, and we are supposed to treat it with respect.

I was pleased to see the response on this picture. Many people, not just Christians, were appalled.

If that had been a statue of Mohammad, the teen would be in deep doo doo.

William
03-21-2015, 03:00 AM
Tolerance doesn't mean turn a blind eye to stupidity.

And turnabout only reveals your character to me.

Maybe not, but tolerance means accepting stuff you may not always agree with.

And you know nothing about me, so don't judge my character. You want to treat a statue like it's a holy something - knock yourself out. I might want to do the same thing, but neither of us has the right to expect anyone else to respect what we respect.

William
03-21-2015, 03:11 AM
I don't feel it's just a lump of concrete, it's what it represents. The flag is just a piece of cloth, and we are supposed to treat it with respect.

I was pleased to see the response on this picture. Many people, not just Christians, were appalled.

If that had been a statue of Mohammad, the teen would be in deep doo doo.

I totally understand what you are saying Rose, but I didn't see the other thread so I don't know what the response there was. But we can't demand that other people respect the stuff we respect - whether that is religious or national. Respect is something that must be given, it can't be demanded and never demanded by law. If it is, it is something else - not respect. And about the Mohammad thing, do we really want to be like the Taliban or ISIS?

If he did that stuff during a religious service or something like that - it was very bad manners, cos people's feelings could be hurt - but he didn't. He did it as a joke and to take a sort of selfie. In my country, any court would throw that charge out, and no policeman would be dumb enough to arrest a kid for doing that. I think it's a lot of fuss about nothing.

Crepitus
03-21-2015, 07:53 AM

Oh great, another moron who thinks everyone that does something he doesn't like is a liberal. Go get a room with ransom why don't ya?

On to the OP: rude, obnoxious, disrespectful of others beliefs, along with infantile and just plain stupid, but it shouldn't be illegal for all of that.

PolWatch
03-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Stupid stunt....tasteless & rude....typical for adolescents...(sorry William)

all that said, at least the kid has youth to blame. I've seen worse behavior out of so-called adults.

His parents need to place him on restriction and take his cell phone for a few months. He should apologize to those he has offended but I don't think this warrants the death penalty....

donttread
03-21-2015, 08:06 AM
We discussed this photo a few months ago. I believe the teen was arrested. I don't think arrest was necessary, at first I did, but kids do dumb stuff. It was in poor taste for sure, and he should have been made to at least apologize to the people offended.

You could make the case for public lewdness maybe? It would be interesting to see if he would of been arrested if he did this to a non religous statue

Peter1469
03-21-2015, 08:14 AM
An older male in his life needs to take him aside and teach him what it means to be a man. Men don't act like boys.

William
03-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Stupid stunt....tasteless & rude....typical for adolescents...(sorry @William (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1351))

all that said, at least the kid has youth to blame. I've seen worse behavior out of so-called adults.

His parents need to place him on restriction and take his cell phone for a few months. He should apologize to those he has offended but I don't think this warrants the death penalty....

No need to say sorry - I know sometimes teens (including me) do dopey things, but I can't understand what harm this kid did. From the photo there was no one else (except his mate who took the pic) around, so like who was there to be offended? Who was it being rude to - other than the statue?

OK, it's not something me or my mates would do, cos we have been brought up to respect people's feelings (and as a Christian), but I think it did look really funny - didn't you? :smiley:

PolWatch
03-21-2015, 11:23 AM
No need to say sorry - I know sometimes teens (including me) do dopey things, but I can't understand what harm this kid did. From the photo there was no one else (except his mate who took the pic) around, so like who was there to be offended? Who was it being rude to - other than the statue?

OK, it's not something me or my mates would do, cos we have been brought up to respect people's feelings (and as a Christian), but I think it did look really funny - didn't you? :smiley:

no, it isn't funny to me....but my sense of humor isn't the same as that of an adolescent. Humor grows...4 year olds think potty jokes are funny, 10 year old boys like to make noises with their arm pits and adolescents like sexual content. My sense of humor is probably more toward irony instead of slapstick.