PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey's new book

PolWatch
04-05-2015, 01:24 AM
I did not know that stores practice censorship!

Walk into any Wal-Mart in the United States and you can easily purchase any combination of high-caliber rifle with accompanying ammunition. However, if you’re looking to purchase a book by a former Olympic medalist and current undefeated world champion, you will have to look somewhere else.

The superstore giant announced earlier this week that it would not be carrying UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey’s upcoming book — scheduled for release on May 12 — in stores due to the fact that she’s too violent. You can, however, pre-order Rousey's book on the Wal-Mart's website.

<snip>
Rousey is not only an undefeated mixed martial arts phenom, she is also a blossoming Hollywood powerhouse. “Rowdy” has a role in “Furious 7” and the upcoming “Entourage” movie. The book will undoubtedly highlight Rousey’s meteoric rise to MMA superstardom and the Olympic run that preceded it, but if her career has shown us anything in these brief four years since her professional debut, it’s that Rousey isn’t afraid to speak her mind.
UFC president Dana White once famously said that women would never fight in the company —the UFC’s biggest star is now a woman. Not only is Rousey the company’s biggest star, she is also one of its most important — as just last week Rousey met with New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to discuss the legalization (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ronda-rousey--new-york-is--most-dangerous-place-in-the-u-s--to-do-mma-232327987-mma.html) of MMA in his state.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/wal-mart-won-t-sell-ronda-rousey-s-new-book-because-she-s-too-violent-180144157.html

Peter1469
04-05-2015, 06:10 AM
She is amazing. Also she hinted that she wasn't going to fight forever- I can see her moving into acting.

Green Arrow
04-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Fuck Walmart.

The Xl
04-05-2015, 11:03 AM
They won't sell her book, but they'll sell UFC dvds, with her fighting....

Logic, how does it work

PolWatch
04-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I was surprised that they practice censorship....a kinda schizophrenic sort but censorship all the same.

Peter1469
04-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Wal Mart could cease to exist this instance and I wouldn't notice or care.