PDA

View Full Version : Pizza thread.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 11:39 AM
I just ordered pizza from Pizza Hut for the first time in 15 years. I usually get my pizza from one of the little Mom and Pop pizza places around here.

Where does tPF get its pizza?

Cigar
04-07-2015, 11:40 AM
My Wife likes to make her own ... and I like to Eat it. :grin:

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 11:43 AM
My Wife likes to make her own ... and I like to Eat it. :grin:

My wife makes a great pizza, but I'm not going to ask her to drive it out to the office for my lunch. :)

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Pizza hut is the worst pizza on the planet. Their new marketing strategy is a million new ways to sell you bread.

Domino's pizza since they changed it is... tolerable, we get it for a cheap dinner when we're pressed. Otherwise I generally find a local, privately owned shop that makes great pizza. I have two of them in my area that I get pizza from.

Mister D
04-07-2015, 11:46 AM
I have a lot to choose from but I don't often eat pizza anymore.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 11:48 AM
I have a lot to choose from but I don't often eat pizza anymore.

I'm not really supposed to eat store-bought pizza. My wife makes it low sodium. But, every once in a while, I splurge.

PolWatch
04-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I'm not a fan of pizza but husband wants one occasionally. We order from Dominos....the Pizza Hut here is yucky....I think their pizza is ketchup on loaf bread

Mister D
04-07-2015, 11:50 AM
I'm not really supposed to eat store-bought pizza. My wife makes it low sodium. But, every once in a while, I splurge.

I like it don't get me wrong. You shitheads are putting me in the mood for a slice right now. :angry: In east central NJ, I really have a lot to choose from.

Mister D
04-07-2015, 11:50 AM
I'm not a fan of pizza but husband wants one occasionally. We order from Dominos....the Pizza Hut here is yucky....I think their pizza is ketchup on loaf bread

I always order from Dominoes when I'm out of state.

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Vinny Pie - Vincents Pizza on Rt. 30 in Forrest Hills, PA, best pizza on the planet.

Shithole of a joint too, Vinnie died a few years back. When he was alive and making pizzas he'd be tossing the dough with a shirt on halfway unbuttoned down so his chest hairs were sticking out. Story was, he'd go to the restroom with flour on his hands, come out with flour still on his hands.

Best pizza evah!

nic34
When I do take out.....

http://hungryhowiesmenu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/hungry-howies-pizza.jpg

Killer antipasto for $5.

CreepyOldDude
Pizza hut is the worst pizza on the planet. Their new marketing strategy is a million new ways to sell you bread.

Domino's pizza since they changed it is... tolerable, we get it for a cheap dinner when we're pressed. Otherwise I generally find a local, privately owned shop that makes great pizza. I have two of them in my area that I get pizza from.

For about a year after my first son was born, we pretty much lived on Pizza Hut. We just didn't have time to make dinner, and they were the only pizza place that delivered.

We have two really good locally owned pizza places around the house, and there's one that does fantastic pizza near my office, but they don't deliver. And there's a locally owned pizza shop nearby that makes the best steak and cheese I've ever had.

sachem
04-07-2015, 11:54 AM
We order from a couple different local joints.

The best place around doesn't deliver. Prince Pizza on route one south.

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 11:55 AM
For about a year after my first son was born, we pretty much lived on Pizza Hut. We just didn't have time to make dinner, and they were the only pizza place that delivered.

We have two really good locally owned pizza places around the house, and there's one that does fantastic pizza near my office, but they don't deliver. And there's a locally owned pizza shop nearby that makes the best steak and cheese I've ever had.

There's a place on the way home, locals bought an old Pizza Hut building and opened a pizza restaurant called Sweet Basil. They have Yeungling on tap so we stop in on our drive home every now and then. Really good pizza.

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Basil/115688378460370

Cigar
04-07-2015, 12:02 PM
My wife makes a great pizza, but I'm not going to ask her to drive it out to the office for my lunch. :)

Why not ... give it a try and get a Noon'er for dessert. :grin:

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 12:21 PM
I like it don't get me wrong. You shitheads are putting me in the mood for a slice right now. :angry: In east central NJ, I really have a lot to choose from.

East Jersey used to have a lot of really good places. Good to hear that they still do. :)

Mister D
04-07-2015, 12:23 PM
East Jersey used to have a lot of really good places. Good to hear that they still do. :)

I'm not far from NYC. I want to say the congestation here sucks but I guess I'm used to it. The food scene is pretty good though.

GrassrootsConservative
04-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Papa Murphy's is good TnB. Little Caesar's or Valentino's is always good.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Pizza showed up, was eaten. Not as good as it was back when. Not the worst I ever had, but nowhere in the upper ranges.

I had a Little Caesers lunch pizza a few months ago, and it was definitely better than PH.

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 12:59 PM
nathanbforrest45 - remember this discussion on Little Caesars?

:biglaugh:

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Why not ... give it a try and get a Noon'er for dessert. :grin:

Dude, she's still wanting it twice a night, and one before work. I don't think I'd survive a nooner. :)

The doc says that, once they get her hormones balanced, things will go a more normal pace.

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Dude, she's still wanting it twice a night, and one before work. I don't think I'd survive a nooner. :)

The doc says that, once they get her hormones balanced, things will go a more normal pace.

So naturally you're forbidding her from seeing the doc, right?

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Actually, PM that doc's contact info to me.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Vinny Pie - Vincents Pizza on Rt. 30 in Forrest Hills, PA, best pizza on the planet.

Shithole of a joint too, Vinnie died a few years back. When he was alive and making pizzas he'd be tossing the dough with a shirt on halfway unbuttoned down so his chest hairs were sticking out. Story was, he'd go to the restroom with flour on his hands, come out with flour still on his hands.

Best pizza evah!

We used to hit this little place called DiCarlo's, in WV, when we'd drive up to visit my aunt and uncle in Ohio. Dad always said that going the way we did took longer, but being able to stop in Weirton for the pizza was worth it. Dad would buy four trays. I believe it was 28 slices to a tray. It was, hands down, one of the best pizzas I've ever had. I still stop whenever I head to Ohio to visit my cousins.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Actually, PM that doc's contact info to me.

So you can hang around and meet my wife? :) I don't think so. :)

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 01:18 PM
We used to hit this little place called DiCarlo's, in WV, when we'd drive up to visit my aunt and uncle in Ohio. Dad always said that going the way we did took longer, but being able to stop in Weirton for the pizza was worth it. Dad would buy four trays. I believe it was 28 slices to a tray. It was, hands down, one of the best pizzas I've ever had. I still stop whenever I head to Ohio to visit my cousins.

They're still around, I've had pizza from the location in Wheeling.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 01:22 PM
They're still around, I've had pizza from the location in Wheeling.

There's one in Pittsburgh, too. I stopped once, when I was attending training classes downtown. I've been to a couple more training classes since then. But I only stopped the once.

Not a good experience.

Hal Jordan
04-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Here are a couple of good pizza places around here.

http://www.belmontpizzeria.com/

http://anyslice.com/

Dark Mistress
04-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Every Friday night is pizza, popcorn and movie night at our house. I make homemade pizza. On occasion we would do Papa Murphy's. I do like dominoes and I like Pizza Hut. I make a pizza hut pan crust knock-off that we all love as well. I love dominoes seasoned crust and I like pizza huts buttery crust.

Every now and again to save on time I make bagel pizzas out of store bought bagels. Love those. I eat pizza every friday and I never get sick of it. Only thing that is hard is by Friday homeschooling has completely fried me, mentally, physically and emotionally. So on a rare friday I eek out some bread sticks and don't do our usual pizza. Or some fridays we only get to the homemade popcorn part of Friday night dinner.

The best pizza I ever had was at some pizza place in Paris, ID. I don't even know what it was called because while at a family reunion every single one of us got torched at Bear Lake. All we could do was sit and be miserable we were sunburned so badly (actually I wasn't because I am avid with sunscreen application- I was just so sick because I didn't know it but I was miscarrying at the time). My in-laws went and got this pizza. It was huge and had everything on it- it was divine even on a hot summer day in a cabin with no a/c. If we ever go back there again I will try and get some of this pizza again.

Redrose
04-07-2015, 03:29 PM
I just ordered pizza from Pizza Hut for the first time in 15 years. I usually get my pizza from one of the little Mom and Pop pizza places around here.

Where does tPF get its pizza?

I make my own sometimes, but we have a great new pizza place close by, privately owned. He's from NY and comes from a long line of pizza parlor owners. He now has an Italian bakery and deli along with a full serve restaurant. I'm in pizza heaven now. It's great pizza, the way I remember pizza as a kid in NY.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 03:57 PM
I make my own sometimes, but we have a great new pizza place close by, privately owned. He's from NY and comes from a long line of pizza parlor owners. He now has an Italian bakery and deli along with a full serve restaurant. I'm in pizza heaven now. It's great pizza, the way I remember pizza as a kid in NY.

There were no pizza places around when I was a kid, until 1957. Before that, we'd stop at DiCarlo's in Weirton, WV, on our way to Ohio, and on our way back. In 1957, the general store started selling pizza. It was a Celentano Brothers frozen pizza, that they'd bake for you. It wasn't as good as fresh, but it tasted pretty good to me. :)

del
04-07-2015, 04:35 PM
santarpio's in east boston

/thread

Hal Jordan
04-07-2015, 04:54 PM
I'm wanting to make some homemade pizza now... I used to use a focaccia bread mix for the crust... I haven't done that in a while...

Redrose
04-07-2015, 04:55 PM
santarpio's in east boston

/thread

I bet it's a good one. Boston had great pizza.

Redrose
04-07-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm wanting to make some homemade pizza now... I used to use a focaccia bread mix for the crust... I haven't done that in a while...

You have to use fresh mozzerella, the wet one with the knot at the end.

JDubya
04-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Best frozen pizza around....

http://www.gianteagle.com/ProductImages/PRODUCT_NODE_727/74653004067.jpg

And only $3 at Walmart.

If you bake it just right (250° on bottom rack for about 5 minutes, then turn on broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted & pepperoni sizzling) it gets slightly browned on the bottom but the slices still droop when you pick them up by the crust.

Perfect & delicious.

Captain Obvious
04-09-2015, 07:46 AM
Walmart frozen pizza... ugh.

Good frozen pizza is pricy, might as well go get the real thing for what it costs.

We're making that sunny-side up egg pizza this weekend, not sure if I want to put breakfast sausage or bacon (or both) on it. Or neither, maybe use basil or something.

PolWatch
04-09-2015, 07:47 AM
I would have to use a really spicy sausage....do you have Tennessee Pride sausage in your area?

Captain Obvious
04-09-2015, 07:50 AM
I would have to use a really spicy sausage....do you have Tennessee Pride sausage in your area?

Yes, I've bought that before - it's sharp breakfast sausage. That's kinda what I'm thinking too.

del
04-09-2015, 07:51 AM
my daughter says reindeer is good on pizza

PolWatch
04-09-2015, 07:53 AM
That is my favorite brand....I use it for breakfast burritos, sausage biscuits and in cream gravy for biscuits & gravy. I don't like bland sausage and their spicy sausage spoiled us for any other brands.

Captain Obvious
04-09-2015, 08:22 AM
my daughter says reindeer is good on pizza

Except they would smash it up a bit...

JDubya
04-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Walmart frozen pizza... ugh.

Good frozen pizza is pricy, might as well go get the real thing for what it costs.

We're making that sunny-side up egg pizza this weekend, not sure if I want to put breakfast sausage or bacon (or both) on it. Or neither, maybe use basil or something.

It's not Walmart pizza, Einstein.

They just happen to sell it there as well as several other grocery stores.

It's quite good & only costs 3 bucks.

And why would anyone want to crap up a pizza by putting bacon & eggs on it????

Sounds effing gross.

Captain Obvious
04-09-2015, 09:52 AM
It's not Walmart pizza, Einstein.

They just happen to sell it there as well as several other grocery stores.

It's quite good & only costs 3 bucks.

And why would anyone want to crap up a pizza by putting bacon & eggs on it????

Sounds effing gross.

Walmart sells it for a reason. Glad you enjoy it.

JDubya
04-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Walmart sells it for a reason.

That reason being that it is a hugely popular item & a lot of people buy it.

Why? Because it's fucking great frozen pizza!!!!

Glad you enjoy it.

Me too!!!!

CreepyOldDude
04-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Except they would smash it up a bit...

Is that pepperoni?

No, that's a hoof print.

:rofl:

CreepyOldDude
04-10-2015, 12:37 PM
I bet it's a good one. Boston had great pizza.

I've never had pizza in Boston. Mind you, I've only been to Boston maybe three times. Each time, I had beer battered whitefish fillets and fries, at this place called something like Tony's Pier, or something like that. That was a looong time ago. Back in the late 60s, early 70s. I've never been back to Boston since I met my wife. (Just watch, my wife will point to to me later that I spent all of the 80s in Boston, and just forgot. :) )

JDubya
04-10-2015, 07:29 PM
I know a gal who was born & raised in Maine.

Whenever she visits, she stuffs herself on lobster the entire time.

Redrose
04-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I know a gal who was born & raised in Maine.

Whenever she visits, she stuffs herself on lobster the entire time.

Maine lobster. A truly religious experience. I enjoyed a 5lb. lobster once there, boiled, cold, no butter, just lemon and a glass of white wine. Heaven.

Common
04-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Pizza is subjective and a matter of taste, thats why theres various thickness and toppings.

Im just always been a NY pizza guy, thin crust and well done. In fla where I am there are three that come close and yes two are from NY and one from Jersey.

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 08:45 PM
I have had some really good pizza in Croatia and Italy. Most pizza in America is dog food.

Redrose
04-10-2015, 08:48 PM
I have had some really good pizza in Croatia and Italy. Most pizza in America is dog food.

Woof!

JDubya
04-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Maine lobster. A truly religious experience. I enjoyed a 5lb. lobster once there, boiled, cold, no butter, just lemon and a glass of white wine. Heaven.

Probably not so great for the lobster.

Although he was probably "in heaven" too.

Mister D
04-10-2015, 09:28 PM

That's because you're from the south. It's awesome here.

Mister D
04-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Pizza is subjective and a matter of taste, thats why theres various thickness and toppings.

Im just always been a NY pizza guy, thin crust and well done. In fla where I am there are three that come close and yes two are from NY and one from Jersey.

Oh yeah...a well done NY style pie. To die for.

JDubya
04-10-2015, 09:34 PM
You can get good NY style pizza in Florida.

Lotta NYers move down here.

Common
04-10-2015, 09:40 PM

European anything is different than the USA. Here european fare has been diluted and changed to appeal to wider variety of ethnicities. In italy they are catering to mostly italians. Where ever you had pizza in italy if you went to another provence and ordered the same thing, you may not be able to identify it, it would be entirely different, just like the dialects change and some italians cant understand some of their own countrymen.

del
04-10-2015, 09:42 PM
I've never had pizza in Boston. Mind you, I've only been to Boston maybe three times. Each time, I had beer battered whitefish fillets and fries, at this place called something like Tony's Pier, or something like that. That was a looong time ago. Back in the late 60s, early 70s. I've never been back to Boston since I met my wife. (Just watch, my wife will point to to me later that I spent all of the 80s in Boston, and just forgot. :) )

anthony's pier 4-gone now

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2013/07/05/anthony-pier-vestige-city-old-waterfront-close-august/AsdG4mSpkgUGpZxllBXQbN/story.html

Common
04-10-2015, 10:33 PM
You can get good NY style pizza in Florida.

Lotta NYers move down here.

Some areas lots, problem is the water in some areas. The water can make all the difference in the dough and its even more pronounced for baked goods.

Redrose
04-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah...a well done NY style pie. To die for.

There was a great pizza place in South Brooklyn, off of Court Street and Columbia St. You'd go down a few steps to a real old fashioned pizza parlor. It seemed like we waited forever for the "pie" to come out.

Another great one was Lento's in Brooklyn, on Ovington Avenue, not far from the Verrizano Bridge area. It was on the corner, with a bar in the front and the dining room in the rear. Dark, old wooden booths, older Italian male waiters, with aprons and a clean white cloth folded over their arm. A thin pizza, to die for.

Common
04-10-2015, 10:42 PM
In little italy there was an old man gerard who made strictly old fashioned wood stove pizza.
He'd open whenever he wanted and he'd make pizza till he didnt want to anymore for the day and he'd just close.

Redrose
04-10-2015, 11:20 PM
In little italy there was an old man gerard who made strictly old fashioned wood stove pizza.
He'd open whenever he wanted and he'd make pizza till he didnt want to anymore for the day and he'd just close.

When we would go to the city for the feast of St. Gennaro, we'd go to Lombardi's on the corner of Mott St.
Great food, and atmosphere. You'd think any minute John Gatti would walk in. My Italian is not very good, but I always tried to order in Italian. They'd laugh, and the old man always said I had beautiful dark eyes, and would use hand gestures to show how bad my Italian was. They were nice people.

Common
04-10-2015, 11:26 PM
When we would go to the city for the feast of St. Gennaro, we'd go to Lombardi's on the corner of Mott St.
Great food, and atmosphere. You'd think any minute John Gatti would walk in. My Italian is not very good, but I always tried to order in Italian. They'd laugh, and the old man always said I had beautiful dark eyes, and would use hand gestures to show how bad my Italian was. They were nice people.

I used to go to St Gennaro with my grandfather and father back when you still pinned money all over the madonna. I used to eat like a sow there, when I was a kid zeppole was a huge thing.

Gerards wasnt far from the limehouse back then. Gerard rip has to be gone along time he was an old man when I was a young guy.

Peter1469
04-11-2015, 12:47 AM
That's because you're from the south. It's awesome here.

No it isn't. I have been everywhere.

Redrose
04-11-2015, 12:51 AM
I made the mistake of getting a Papa John's pizza in Knoxville. I spit it out, I actually thought I had part of the cardboard box in my mouth. YUK!!

CreepyOldDude
04-13-2015, 11:33 AM
anthony's pier 4-gone now

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2013/07/05/anthony-pier-vestige-city-old-waterfront-close-august/AsdG4mSpkgUGpZxllBXQbN/story.html

That's it. I remember that it was some of the best fish I've ever had.

Venus
04-13-2015, 11:38 AM
If I order out, I'll order LaRosa's pizza but I usually make my pizza at home.

Pesto sauce, fresh mozzarella, spinach and chicken or
Tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil

Common
04-13-2015, 11:38 AM
I like think crust pizza with Oil Garlic thin layer of mozzarella and spinach or brocolli raab and sliced tomato.
I also like thin crust pizza with less mozzarella and topped with eggplant.

Too much cheese ruins a pizza for me and I always order mine well done. Darker crust, slight dark spots on the cheese.

CreepyOldDude
04-13-2015, 11:59 AM
I made the mistake of getting a Papa John's pizza in Knoxville. I spit it out, I actually thought I had part of the cardboard box in my mouth. YUK!!

There used to be this place called Italo's in East Liverpool, Ohio, in the 80s. I just checked, and they're still there.

They didn't use shredded cheese. They used sliced cheese, so they could control the amount of cheese used more easily.

It wasn't particularly good pizza. We'd stop there after working late, since it was the only place open until 3:00 AM. You'd have an unusual crowd there, late at night. There'd be the college kids. Then you'd have the weird ones. There was one guy who would come in alone, and take up a booth, for him and his friends. He'd be sitting there alone, having a conversation, sometimes heated, with his friends. And you'd hear all sides of the conversation. We figured he must have had at least five personalities. Each with a distinctive voice. It was quite amazing, hearing him talk over himself.

Common
04-13-2015, 12:06 PM

oh they suck totally

JDubya
04-13-2015, 02:49 PM
I heard about this pizza place in St Louis called Imo's Pizza (http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/11/imos-pizza-st-louis-style-mo-provel-cheese.html).

http://slice.seriouseats.com/images/20091111ImosWhole2.jpg

Also known as St Louis style pizza.

I first heard about it from Jenna Fischer (Pam - The Office) on Letterman.

Seems that if you're a St Louis native, Imo's Pizza is a tradition.

The next time I heard about it was on Jimmy Kimmel, possibly once again from Jenna Fischer. He actually tried some on his show. Don't think he really liked it that much, but having grown up on NY style pizza, I guess it's understandable.

The thing that's different about it, aside from it being cut in squares rather than wedges, is the kind of cheese they use, something called "Provel" (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provel_cheese), that is a mixture of cheddar, Swiss & provelone.

Those who grew up on it swear it's the best anywhere.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2015, 03:43 PM
I heard about this pizza place in St Louis called Imo's Pizza (http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/11/imos-pizza-st-louis-style-mo-provel-cheese.html).

The next time I heard about it was on Jimmy Kimmel, possibly once again from Jenna Fischer. He actually tried some on his show. Don't think he really liked it that much, but having grown up on NY style pizza, I guess it's understandable.

The thing that's different about it, aside from it being cut in squares rather than wedges, is the kind of cheese they use, something called "Provel" (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provel_cheese), that is a mixture of cheddar, Swiss & provelone.

I haven't tried it yet. I first heard about it from James Gunn.

Peter1469
04-13-2015, 03:55 PM
That looks horrid.

Peter1469
04-13-2015, 03:56 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/21/fe/4621fee56f43b0c92cd6d59c96b6d219.jpg

Redrose
04-13-2015, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Peter1469;1043695]http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/21/fe/4621fee56f43b0c92cd6d59c96b6d219.jpg[/QUOTE

That's a margarita pizza isn't it?

I'm having a pesto pizza tonight.

CreepyOldDude
04-29-2015, 11:34 AM
I mentioned last week that we were heading to Old Forge, PA. This is the self-styled "Pizza Capital of the World". We'd never been, and wanted to try their wares.

If you've never been to Old Forge, it's kind of bizarre. It's a small town, maybe 5 miles from Scranton. I believe the sign said the population was 8350, but it might be less.

In that small town, there are 13 pizza places. And they're all basically printing money. Even the Domino's is doing a lot of business. They're the only large chain we could see in the area. And there were almost no other restaurants. And no fast food places, aside from a Subway just outside of town. These people treat their pizza like a religion.

Old Forge pizza is very reminiscent of West Virginia style pizza, with trays instead of pies, and rectangular cuts instead of slices. Their basic white pizza is much more like a calzone, with a bottom crust, toppings, then another crust on top of that. All the pizza places have their own sauce recipes, and cheese blends. And they won't tell you what's in either, although they will warn you away from something, if you let them know you have a food allergy that what you're ordering could trigger.

I've always extolled the excellence of DiCarlo's Pizza, in Weirton, WV. And they're still my favorite. But it was a close run thing. We got pizza from Mary Lou's Pizza, which is in a residential section, and is only open from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The desk clerk at the motel recommended it to us. And called ahead with our order. She told us we'd understand why when we got there. She was right. At 11:15 on Saturday morning, the line was out the door. And it was truly great pizza. It was the lightest, airiest crust I've ever had on a pizza, and the sauce was just as good as DiCarlo's recipe. The crust was great, but I slightly prefer DiCarlo's crust. That was basically a late breakfast. By mutual consent, we went back to Mary Lou's for lunch.

Later, we stopped at Revello's for supper. It was almost as good as Mary Lou's. The crust was more like DiCarlo's, but the sauce isn't quite up to Mary Lou's or DiCarlo's. And I'd swear there was American cheese in the cheese blend. All in all, excellent pizza.

Sunday, we went to Anthony's Restaurant. I tried the pizza, while my Viking Bride had the linguini. The pizza was great, almost as good as Mary Lou's. And my love said that the linguini is the best she's had since we were in Southern Italy.

On our way home, we stopped at Cusumano's for supper. This place was easily the nicest, in terms of atmosphere. And they had excellent food. It was also the most expensive place, by far. If you're looking for fabulous Italian food, stop at Anthony's. If you want the perfect wine with your wild boar ragu, stop at Cusumano's. If you want pizza, and it's Thursday through Saturday, and not too late, stop at Mary Lou's. Otherwise, stop at Revello's.

Captain Obvious
04-29-2015, 01:21 PM
I've had DiCarlo's pizza but in Wheeling. It's ok.

CreepyOldDude
04-29-2015, 01:29 PM
I've had DiCarlo's pizza but in Wheeling. It's ok.

Same here. The Steubenville DiCarlo's is also okay. None of the franchises is nearly as good as the original.

Common
04-29-2015, 01:41 PM

That looks very similar to the pizza my grandmother used to make. I really like the looks of that pizza

Common
04-29-2015, 01:42 PM
That looks horrid.

That looks like old time home made italian pizza

Common
04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
We do not buy chain pizza period. Up north its easy to get a good pie, here in fla its a search.
We found two places that are really decent ironically, one is an immigrant italian that migrated to NY 25 yrs ago and the other is a Jersey Italian.

GrassrootsConservative
06-27-2015, 02:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7OKE9C9aWA

New EMT Philly Cheese Steak Pizza.

Kills this whole thread.

JDubya
06-27-2015, 03:43 PM
[/thread]