PDA

View Full Version : D&D has its own Wikipedia site?

Mister D
08-23-2011, 08:41 PM
:D Oh, how times change yet things remain the same.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Conley
08-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I think I would have enjoyed D and D if I had had any friends to play with. :'( ;D

Mister D
08-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I think I would have enjoyed D and D if I had had any friends to play with. :'( ;D

I played with a small group of fellow nerds.

Pendragon
08-24-2011, 11:42 AM
That is one of the better sites available online, yes.

Tell me Mister D do you still play? From your mockery it sounded like you were more one of the jocks.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 11:47 AM
That is one of the better sites available online, yes.

Tell me Mister D do you still play? From your mockery it sounded like you were more one of the jocks.

I used to play all the time. I loved D&D as a kid. I haven't played in probaby 18-20 years though. I just thin the D&D nerd stuff is funny. Don't take it personally. I'm a fan of the game.

Pendragon
08-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I accept your peace offering.

It is a great game for both children and adults. If I ever have children of my own they will be introduced to D & D at an early age.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 11:55 AM
I accept your peace offering.

It is a great game for both children and adults. If I ever have children of my own they will be introduced to D & D at an early age.

Well I'm not sure how long the whole paper and pencil genre will last. I'd imagine kids we will be pulled more toward an electronic format. Plus, you can play alone on a PC. How is the traditinal format doing now? I haven't been around that sort of thing in a very long time.

In fact, we were able to get the AD&D 1st Edition books from the early 1970s. We could only find them used but they were fun to have.

MMC
08-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah it's all about the tech now.....I havent seen any role playing games out there anymore. Not with paper and pencil.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah it's all about the tech now.....I havent seen any role playing games out there anymore. Not with paper and pencil.

PC fantasy titles were still competing with the traditional format when I was a kid. I was playing in the late 1980s-early 1990s. Ultima was a big PC game back then. Since then, I've played only war games.

Conley
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I loved Ultima...that brings back memories.

I think they still have paper and pencil Dungeons and Dragons games. There's a game store like that just a few blocks from here.

MMC
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah I went with The Age of Empire games.....Civilization. Use to have a Nintendo with a bunch of War games too. War Craft and Halo. I like playing the board with the infected on Halo. Tho sometimes I am a shit when they infect me I wait for the next board and I will drop grenades killing us all. Specially if i get infected cuz someone else wasnt doing their job. Other wise we can hold out until time runs out or until there is no more infected to kill.

Conley
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Nice...Halo was a great game, I remember first playing it at a buddy's house and I was blown away. I think it was an Xbox (the original) and it blew me away from what I remembered of Nintendo and Sega.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 01:53 PM
When I say war games I am referring to simulations lke Take Command. Like D&D, it's also kind of a nerdy genre.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/takecommand2ndmanassas/index.html