PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question

Howey
04-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Is it against the rules of this forum to discuss contents of a PM on the open forum?

Redrose
04-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Is it against the rules of this forum to discuss contents of a PM on the open forum?

I would say yes. PM is a private message.

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 05:00 PM

If you don't have permission from the other person it poor form. Not a way to win friends and influence people.

Howey
04-10-2015, 05:03 PM
If you don't have permission from the other person it poor form. Not a way to win friends and influence people.

Soo...why did you do it?

Polecat
04-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Try holding your breath until you turn blue. I hear that works - sometimes.

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Do what?

Is this anther accusation that I lied to you, like the last time you were wrong about it?

Drop the passive aggressive style and spit it out.

silvereyes
04-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Dude. Is everyone raggin' or what?

Green Arrow
04-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Dude. Is everyone raggin' or what?

No idea. But if the forum is just going to be a bunch of people on their periods today, I'm going to stay off. I've had a rather pleasant day despite a very painful infected wound, and I'll not have that ruined by unnecessary negativity.

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 05:13 PM
No idea. But if the forum is just going to be a bunch of people on their periods today, I'm going to stay off. I've had a rather pleasant day despite a very painful infected wound, and I'll not have that ruined by unnecessary negativity.

What did you do?

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Did you get hurt at work?

Green Arrow
04-10-2015, 05:15 PM
I think it was an ingrown hair. They sort themselves out, the idea is to just not let it get infected.

...I let it get infected.

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I think it was an ingrown hair. They sort themselves out, the idea is to just not let it get infected.

soak it with rubbing alcohol and then put some sort of anti-bacterial stuff on it.

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 05:17 PM
whew...not to downplay any infection, but knowing you have started working at a restaurant, I had visions of missing fingers or burns....

Howey
04-10-2015, 05:17 PM

You too?

Green Arrow
04-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Oh, hell naw. If I was missing fingers I wouldn't be here right now.

Chris
04-10-2015, 05:18 PM
I would say yes. PM is a private message.

Agree, private implies a certain amount of trust.

For legal reasons, harassment, and so on, you can report PMs, that's different.

Ravens Fan
04-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Oh, hell naw. If I was missing fingers I wouldn't be here right now.

You would be typing with a studder...

sorry

Chris
04-10-2015, 05:33 PM
You would be typing with a studder...

sorry

Ever have the spacebar on your keyboard go out? Like that! :P

Cthulhu
04-10-2015, 05:38 PM

Dude, that sucks. I hate staff infections.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Howey
04-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Agree, private implies a certain amount of trust.

For legal reasons, harassment, and so on, you can report PMs, that's different.

Might share that with Peter1469. I shared something with someone (@PolWatch) in a PM earlier this week that was shared with Peter, then blabbed all over the forum.

silvereyes
04-10-2015, 05:40 PM
What did you do?
Got laid? Won the lottery? Saw a good movie?

Cthulhu
04-10-2015, 05:41 PM
soak it with rubbing alcohol and then put some sort of anti-bacterial stuff on it.
Or torture it until it confesses. I hate cysts. I imagine it is like being pregnant, but with no cute baby at the end of the birthing ordeal.

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Might share that with @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10). I shared something with someone (@PolWatch) in a PM earlier this week that was shared with Peter, then blabbed all over the forum.

What did you share with me that I shared with Peter?

silvereyes
04-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Or torture it until it confesses. I hate cysts. I imagine it is like being pregnant, but with no cute baby at the end of the birthing ordeal.

Ack. When a boil bursts its a putrid, nasty mess.

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 05:57 PM
I cut one open with a knife before, drained it, treated it and bandaged it. No problem.

Polecat
04-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Enough!

Its dinner time and I got a guy with a boil making my pizza pictured in my mind now and Polwatch didn't share the juicy gossip about Howey with me.

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 06:10 PM
I don't think I shared any juicy gossip with myself either.

Cthulhu
04-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Sounds like another imagined slight.

Polecat
04-10-2015, 06:20 PM

Don't matter. A vicious rumor will work. I understand Howey has a 4 color Daddy Bush tattoo on the top of his head. You have to peel back his toupee to see it.

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 06:21 PM
<backing away, hands in the air> no way, no how....I am not getting involved in this one!

Safety
04-10-2015, 06:25 PM
I cut one open with a knife before, drained it, treated it and bandaged it. No problem.

Sounds like duct tape and super glue was involved.

Cthulhu
04-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Believe it or not, duct tape is one hell of a field dressing.

I swear by the stuff. It has mystical curative powers.

MisterVeritis
04-10-2015, 06:31 PM
I am sorry to hear about the wound. I nearly lost my left hand to a wound. It was not pleasant.

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 06:33 PM
duct tape....<gulp>

note to self: do not injure self anywhere near Cthulhu

Cthulhu
04-10-2015, 06:34 PM
duct tape....<gulp>

note to self: do not injure self anywhere near Cthulhu
Well you don't use it for everything...

silvereyes
04-10-2015, 06:35 PM
I just gagged.

GrassrootsConservative
04-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Well you don't use it for everything...

Truth.

You need alcohol to clean the wound.

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 06:39 PM
since I'm the wuss who can faint while someone is drawing my blood, I'll leave the field surgery to y'all....

I was very fortunate that my husband can deal with issues involving wounds....our son was held together by nothing but surgical stitching until he was 10 years old. He was one of those boys who was always falling, climbing, cutting or otherwise finding ways to injure himself that involved blood.

Cthulhu
04-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Truth.

You need alcohol to clean the wound.
Indeed, once cleaned duct tape makes a great bandage. Not advisable for all applications though.

Polecat
04-10-2015, 07:16 PM
since I'm the wuss who can faint while someone is drawing my blood, I'll leave the field surgery to y'all....

I was very fortunate that my husband can deal with issues involving wounds....our son was held together by nothing but surgical stitching until he was 10 years old. He was one of those boys who was always falling, climbing, cutting or otherwise finding ways to injure himself that involved blood.

These days family services would be all over you. My sibs and I made sure my parents kept current in first aid.

PolWatch
04-10-2015, 07:20 PM
These days family services would be all over you. My sibs and I made sure my parents kept current in first aid.

I know! I used to joke that I knew all the ER nurses by first name. He did everything from fall off a 12' high porch to jump off the neighbor's steps onto a bow saw. His childhood was very stressful (for me)

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 07:37 PM

Superglue, or krazy clue works great to stop a wound bleed. Code hooked me up with that tidbit.

Redrose
04-10-2015, 07:37 PM
duct tape....<gulp>

note to self: do not injure self anywhere near @Cthulhu (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=872)

Removing it must be excruciating. OUCH!

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Removing it must be excruciating. OUCH!

Especially for hairy men.

Dr. Who
04-10-2015, 07:57 PM

I was pretty good at coming home streaming blood myself. Maybe that's why the sight of blood doesn't affect me.

Dr. Who
04-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Indeed, once cleaned duct tape makes a great bandage. Not advisable for all applications though.

I'm sure that it keeps gaping wounds from opening up. Not sure that the adhesive is good for you, but blood loss is less good for you.

del
04-10-2015, 08:03 PM
super glue works much better than duct tape

interesting fact-duct tape doesn't work on ducts

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 08:05 PM
I'm sure that it keeps gaping wounds from opening up. Not sure that the adhesive is good for you, but blood loss is less good for you.

You can wrap cloth around the wound and then duct tape over that. Duct tape is an emergency measure to stop the blood flow.

Redrose
04-10-2015, 08:09 PM
I'm scheduled for surgery, this is not a good thread for me right now. lol

Safety
04-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Superglue, or krazy clue works great to stop a wound bleed. Code hooked me up with that tidbit.

Yes, it does wonders.

Krazy glue, duct tape, and para cord....Macgyver has nothing on me.

Peter1469
04-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Yes, it does wonders.

Krazy glue, duct tape, and para cord....Macgyver has nothing on me.

I have a 1000' of paracord in my SHTF stash.

Cthulhu
04-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I have a 1000' of paracord in my SHTF stash.
That stuff is amazing for all sorts of things.

Dr. Who
04-10-2015, 08:16 PM
I know! I used to joke that I knew all the ER nurses by first name. He did everything from fall off a 12' high porch to jump off the neighbor's steps onto a bow saw. His childhood was very stressful (for me)
The bloodiest incident was when I got a hockey stick almost in my eye. I ran home bleeding like a stuck pig. My entire face was pretty much bloody when I greeted my mother and the blood was inside my eye as well. It really looked like I might have been blinded in one eye. Lucky she grew up on a farm and wasn't given to fainting. She washed me off and got me to the hospital where I got several stitches. I think she fell apart when I couldn't see her. I still have the scar in the crease of the left orbit to remind me.

Safety
04-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Paracord
Mirror
Matches
Fire Starter
Poncho
Toilet paper
Candle (wrapped in aluminum foil)
Fishing line, hooks, split shot leads
Knife
water filtration unit (6 month supply)
ammo (5.56 and .45)

Don
04-11-2015, 12:19 AM
This is also a nice addition to the SHTF kit. Very useful and it makes an excellent garotte.

http://z3.ifrm.com/17/153/0/p512343/wireSaw1.jpg

Redrose
04-11-2015, 12:34 AM
Paracord
Mirror
Matches
Fire Starter
Poncho
Toilet paper
Candle (wrapped in aluminum foil)
Fishing line, hooks, split shot leads
Knife
water filtration unit (6 month supply)
ammo (5.56 and .45)

Preparation H too.

Safety
04-11-2015, 03:19 AM
Preparation H too.
LoL

Cthulhu
04-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Preparation H too.
Pepto Bismol as well. Last thing you need is to dehydrate while getting out of dodge.

Captain Obvious
04-11-2015, 06:49 PM
I think the forum has a rule against printing PM's sent to you, some forums do. I don't agree with this rule but it's not something I'm wanting to march city hall over.

The way I figure, if you send me a PM, you do so with no express (or implied) privacy guarantee from me. You only get that when I expressly state that so.

As for repeating something PM'd to you, I can't see how the forum could moderate that, or should. Same concept but without just copy/pasting the PM into the forum.

silvereyes
04-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Lets see:
I fell out of a moving car....twice. Once while going home from the er. I climbed a tree and got stung by an asp. (those fuzzy black worms. Turns out im allergic to them.)
Then my cousin and i thought it would be ginormous fun to put a chair on the bed and try to land in it by jumping from the dresser. I jumped, hit the chair then bounced into the window which then broke when my hand went through it.
Then there was the time we were rolling down a hill and had great fun until i rolled into my bike slicing my head open on the fender. Thennnnn, at school one day for some reason i got it in my head that sitting on a metal and letting my self kinda fall back while holding on to the bar....didnt see the cross rebar along the bottom. The back of my head hit it and voila! Concussion.
The best one: outside one i thought it would be soooo fun to climb up on top of the main bar at the top and play acrobat... Which was going really well until my bathing suit (dont know why i had it on...i think we were playing in the sprinkler) got caught on the screw that holds the swing chains and was hanging upside down.

Oh i forgot one! Jumping on the bed again....i fell off and landing on my face where upon i bit all the way through my lower lip. That earned my 5 stitches.

Lol. I was kinda a handful. Im sure theres more that ive forgotten.

Wait! This one ive never lived down:
We went to the zoo and i thought the toucan so pretty that i wanted to pet it so under the viewing bar i went. Stuck my finger in the cage and that pretty bird clamped on my finger and wouldnt let go. The bird keeper had to come open his beak. To this day im scared of birds.

No wonder my moms hair went gray so early.

For christmas every year since i get something with a toucan on it.

PolWatch
04-12-2015, 12:18 PM
silvereyes - you are the female version of my son! Your mother & I have a lot in common...thank goodness for Miss Clariol!

silvereyes
04-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Lol. I wasnt an easy kid.

PolWatch
04-12-2015, 12:35 PM
The busy, curious kids are never easy kids. I think its better that they get out and play than stay in & watch TV. Even if it sometimes resulted in trips to the ER. :wink:

silvereyes
04-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Oh, i hated being sick and having to stay inside.