PDA

View Full Version : No knead bread oven

Common
04-17-2015, 10:43 PM
I was reading about this with interest. You can make no knead bread in a pot and it comes out like a panella loaf.

This looked interesting because you can make bistro pizza also

http://ovens.reviewed.com/features/no-need-for-kneading-with-new-fourneau-bread-oven

Redrose
04-17-2015, 10:49 PM
I was reading about this with interest. You can make no knead bread in a pot and it comes out like a panella loaf.

http://ovens.reviewed.com/features/no-need-for-kneading-with-new-fourneau-bread-oven

I love gormet breads. Publix has a cranberry walnut loaf I love. It's great for breakfast taosted with butter. Problem, it's very fattening. The last thing I need is an easy way to bake bread. I'd be 300 lbs.

Peter1469
04-17-2015, 11:00 PM
I keep starchy carbs to a minimum.

Dr. Who
04-17-2015, 11:53 PM
I keep starchy carbs to a minimum.
Me too, but not for the usual reasons. My body doesn't love carbs. They make me feel sick if I eat too much.

Common
04-18-2015, 07:09 AM
I love gormet breads. Publix has a cranberry walnut loaf I love. It's great for breakfast taosted with butter. Problem, it's very fattening. The last thing I need is an easy way to bake bread. I'd be 300 lbs.

If you think publix cranberry walnut bread is good. Get costcos walnut cranberry or walnut raisin bread. I have to shut my eyes and walk past it or ill buy two and freeze one and make grunting sounds while I eat half of it. I buy it rarely cuz its so good

PattyHill
04-18-2015, 08:18 AM

I've done no-knead bread without the $225 bread oven, and it's come out fine. Maybe it's better with the oven, if anyone wants to invest and let us know, that would be great. My husband cut way back on carbs due to blood sugar numbers, so I stopped baking bread. Sigh.

Common
04-18-2015, 08:20 AM
I've done no-knead bread without the $225 bread oven, and it's come out fine. Maybe it's better with the oven, if anyone wants to invest and let us know, that would be great. My husband cut way back on carbs due to blood sugar numbers, so I stopped baking bread. Sigh.

Yup you can do it in a pot

PolWatch
04-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Yup you can do it in a pot

have you tried the no knead method? I have not heard of this before....I have an old cast iron dutch oven I could use to bake it in.

Common
04-18-2015, 08:56 AM
have you tried the no knead method? I have not heard of this before....I have an old cast iron dutch oven I could use to bake it in.

This is one example, there are many easy recipes. You can make no knead bread in a slowcooker too

http://breadmakingblog.breadexperience.com/2012/06/easy-no-knead-sourdough-bread-in-pot.html

Common
04-18-2015, 08:57 AM

Heres an even better one pol

PolWatch
04-18-2015, 09:09 AM
:huh:

PattyHill
04-18-2015, 11:23 AM

I just did it on a baking sheet in the oven, on waxed paper.

Common
04-18-2015, 11:26 AM
I just did it on a baking sheet in the oven, on waxed paper.

Really ? you mixed the dough and just put it in the oven ? Well shoot if its that easy why all this fuss over pots and stuff

zelmo1234
04-18-2015, 11:33 AM

Don't mix it too good. and anything that holds the moisture in will help to give the bread that gourmet crust and the soft center.

Luxury appliance brands are now producing steam ovens that make this very easy but the price is a little high.

Wolf Gourmet just came out with a counter top convection oven that will do a fantastic job but it is still 500 dollars but doubles as a second over as well.

zelmo1234
04-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Really ? you mixed the dough and just put it in the oven ? Well shoot if its that easy why all this fuss over pots and stuff

No Kneed has more moisture in it and if you can retain that in the baking cycles you get a heavy cruse with a soft center.

PattyHill
04-18-2015, 02:18 PM

We used the method in "artisan bread in 5 minutes". Mix together the ingredients; leave in frig overnight; then basically remove a chunk of dough, let it rise, then cook it. No kneading. Bread was tasty.

Common
04-18-2015, 02:20 PM
No Kneed has more moisture in it and if you can retain that in the baking cycles you get a heavy cruse with a soft center.

Yeah I was watching vidoes of it earlier