PDA

View Full Version : Million Pound Bounty Offered For Gaddafi

Conley
08-24-2011, 09:37 PM
As the hunt for the deposed dictator continued, the rebel leadership also offered members of his inner circle an amnesty if they turn him in.

The reward, which was put up by a wealthy Libyan businessmen, has been approved by the National Transitional Council (NTC) — the country’s de facto government — which is desperate to capture Gaddafi and bring and end to the six-month revolution.

Mustafa Abdel Jalil, who heads the council, said: “The NTC supports the initiative of businessmen who are offering two million dinars (£1 million) for the capture of Muammar Gaddafi, dead or alive.”

Gaddafi claimed to have made a “tactical” withdrawal from his Bab al-Azizia compound as the rebel forces closed in. In a message to his opponents he even claimed to have taken a discreet tour of the capital without feeling in any danger.

Throughout the day fresh fighting erupted in areas where Gaddafi was rumoured to be hiding. Rebels convinced that he had taken refuge in an underground bunker near the Rixos Hotel —close to his Bab al-Azizia compound — met heavy resistance from loyalists who have vowed to fight to the death.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8721058/Libya-1-million-bounty-for-Col-Gaddafi-dead-or-alive.html

He doesn't have much longer I don't think. I wonder how often these sorts of bounties are collected upon though. Did anyone get money for Saddam? or OBL?

MMC
08-24-2011, 10:31 PM
No, US troops found Saddam.....so no reward. Sounds like the Rebels are geting desperate to find him. If he makes it to his Militarized Zone which is 650 klicks South of Tripoli, then he could escape thru Chad or Niger if necessary. More than likely he would be returning to fight. He has vowed martyrdom. Those Words he cannot get around.

Conley
08-24-2011, 11:29 PM
No, US troops found Saddam.....so no reward. Sounds like the Rebels are geting desperate to find him. If he makes it to his Militarized Zone which is 650 klicks South of Tripoli, then he could escape thru Chad or Niger if necessary. More than likely he would be returning to fight. He has vowed martyrdom. Those Words he cannot get around.

Yeah but I thought someone gave our forces the tip about the spider hole...thought it came through intel? Was it just chance?

MMC
08-24-2011, 11:56 PM

Yeah but I thought someone gave our forces the tip about the spider hole...thought it came through intel? Was it just chance?

I think it was Chance.....I never heard any get a reward. Plus they busted Saddam with a bunch of cash too. Which those Soldiers turned all that money in.

Personally I want them to get Qadhafi.....but then I also want him to be a thorn in the French and Sunni's sides and at least last a year. Forcing Obama to keep spending while the Dems go on Campaign.

wicked necromongers: dame Vaako / Richard B Riddick / lord Vaako (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQ4l9fUxEM#)

Then they can try to tell all how they want to make cuts in the DOD. Then All can Question Lord Marshall bout Campaign.

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:00 AM
IMO, Obama has already he is full of it when it comes to military action. He thinks he can start wars without even consulting Congress. I'm for anything that will help this country pull out of the tailspin...sooner things end in Libya the better. Obama should be done either way. He better not escalate the activity in Yemen either. Not on his own.

MMC
08-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Why is the Media making this big deal that they have not found Qadhafi when they knew this last nite. When they knew the rebels lied about Qadhafi's son. Thru-out all that I heard tonight it is how Qadhafi loyalists are attacking or putting up resistences.

That they are poised outside of Libya. Plus nothing has been mentioned about all Qadhafi has in his Air Force base which is heavily guarded by Sams. Not to many NATO Air Sorties around down there.

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Why is the Media making this big deal that they have not found Qadhafi when they knew this last nite. When they knew the rebels lied about Qadhafi's son. Thru-out all that I heard tonight it is how Qadhafi loyalists are attacking or putting up resistences.

That they are poised outside of Libya. Plus nothing has been mentioned about all Qadhafi has in his Air Force base which is heavily guarded by Sams. Not to many NATO Air Sorties around down there.

Do you ever visit the Al-Jazeera website? Seems they often have better sources and reporting than the US agencies.

MMC
08-25-2011, 12:27 AM
[quote=Ten Cent Critic;8804]

Do you ever visit the Al-Jazeera website? Seems they often have better sources and reporting than the US agencies.

Yeah I do and the Asian Times.....no biggie tho we got something.

http://news.yahoo.com/gadhafi-rebels-hunting-elusive-target-061026417.html
As long as Gadhafi remains at large, he holds the potential to strike back. Pro-Gadhafi forces remain on Tripoli's outskirts, capable of striking at any time, rebels say. The whereabouts of two of Gadhafi's sons who command elite units — Khamis and Muatassim — are equally unknown

Two major cities also remain in the hands of Gadhafi: his hometown Sirte, on the Mediterranean coast east of Tripoli, and Sebha, deep in the desert 400 miles (650 kilometers) south of Tripoli. Sebha is site of a significant military and air force base and, if Gadhafi can reach it, would provide him the option of easy desert escape routes into neighboring Niger and Chad.

Bani, who was a colonel in Gadhafi's air forces before he joined the opposition and became the rebels' chief military spokesman, estimated the Libyan leader survived 52 assassination attempts and failed coups. Many were followed by hangings of dissidents in public squares to intimidate anyone else tempted to try.And even his most trusted allies spied on each other, said Ahmed Zeidan, a longtime Libyan dissident.

"They don't trust each other," he said. "If they look at you, and if there a 10 percent chance you are a traitor, you are finished.".....snip~

waltky
10-22-2012, 12:23 AM
He dead fer sure now...
:wink:
Report: Gadhafi's son found dead
Oct. 21,`12 (UPI) -- Former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi's son, Khamis Gadhafi, has been found dead, the Tripoli Post reported.

Initial reports Saturday said Khamis had been captured alive in Bani Walid, although the Post reported the government was expected to announce the fugitive's death. Fireworks and car horns filled the night Saturday, as news of the death spread throughout the country.

Khamis was a commander of Gadhafi forces last year during the Libyan uprising and was known for his brutality, the Post said. He allegedly participated in the killing of protesters in Zawai, Tripoli and Misurata.

Meanwhile, the Libyan government announced the arrest of Moammar Gadhafi's former spokesman, Moussa Ibrahim.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2012/10/21/Report-Gadhafis-son-found-dead/UPI-77331350822287/#ixzz2A0CNWGv3

coolwalker
10-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm going hunting!