PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to This?

Howey
04-21-2015, 12:27 PM
The real current events with some kind of national interest belong in the Latest Happenings. The rest belong either in the stickied thread or in the appropriate forum. Otherwise we are flooding the Latest Happenings with marginally newsworthy items that are the equivalent of fireman gets cat out of tree.

Im referring, of course, to the Rubio thread. This is a political matter first and foremost, not a gay or sexuality matter.

Are we going to move every post regarding a politicians religious beliefs to the Religion forum, or every post regarding a candidate's view on economics to the Economic forum, or a story about Huckabee's son killing a dog to the pet forum?

Clarification please.

Captain Obvious
04-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Im referring, of course, to the Rubio thread. This is a political matter first and foremost, not a gay or sexuality matter.

Are we going to move every post regarding a politicians religious beliefs to the Religion forum, or every post regarding a candidate's view on economics to the Economic forum, or a story about Huckabee's son killing a dog to the pet forum?

Clarification please.

Everyone's tired of the constant "gay this" and "gay that" stuff.

We have some gay members who you wouldn't know are gay, they don't wear it on their sleeve. Everything gay doesn't revolve around them, they're complex, non-one-issue people. Other people basically are one-trick ponies, everything is a gay issue to them, that gets old. Quick.

Just my POV, hope you consider it for what it's worth.

Howey
04-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Everyone's tired of the constant "gay this" and "gay that" stuff.

We have some gay members who you wouldn't know are gay, they don't wear it on their sleeve. Everything gay doesn't revolve around them, they're complex, non-one-issue people. Other people basically are one-trick ponies, everything is a gay issue to them, that gets old. Quick.

Just my POV, hope you consider it for what it's worth.

I'm far from a one trick pony and am equally tired of the inane conspiracy theories tossed around on this forum. And I really don't care if we have gay members whom I don't know aren't.

This has nothing to do with being gay...it has to do with Marco Rubio, a presidential candidate and the polarizing position he took.

Polecat
04-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Relegated to a sub forum like a flying saucer post. Sounds like a noble cause to take up. Don't over do it until you're done recovering.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 04:23 PM
uh, Pole, everything is relegated to a sub-forum.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 04:56 PM

Clarification please.
If it's being said as part of their political platform, US Politics is fine, however, if the discussion is allowed to become yet another argument about the origins of sexual orientation, then it doesn't belong in politics. The thread needs to maintain a political character, not a medical/scientific/religious one.

Common Sense
04-21-2015, 05:39 PM
I do find it funny that anything "gay" (even if it's a topical, even an election issue) gets tossed into a gender room.

How is it not US politics? What is US politics then?

A quick perusal of the current page of "US politics" forum shows threads like "The War on Women continues". Why isn't that in Gender etc sub forum?

Or "Clinton Caused the Housing Market Crash"? Shouldn't that be in "Economics and Political Science"?

It does seem that just because some people are uncomfortable with the topic, it gets shoved aside.

I understand the rationale that the thread degenerates into arguments...but how is that the fault of the OP.

Just seems weird.

Chris
04-21-2015, 05:47 PM
I do find it funny that anything "gay" (even if it's a topical, even an election issue) gets tossed into a gender room.

How is it not US politics? What is US politics then?

A quick perusal of the current page of "US politics" forum shows threads like "The War on Women continues". Why isn't that in Gender etc sub forum?

Or "Clinton Caused the Housing Market Crash"? Shouldn't that be in "Economics and Political Science"?

It does seem that just because some people are uncomfortable with the topic, it gets shoved aside.

I understand the rationale that the thread degenerates into arguments...but how is that the fault of the OP.

Just seems weird.

Let's see if I can clarify. A thread that's clearly political with stay wherever, a thread that clearly sexual, will be moved to The Gender, Sexuality, and Race Room, and a thread that is ambiguous will be moved according to how discussion goes. The thread under question was ambiguous, I even asked in my first post, second reply to thread, "So is topic votes or his opinion?" Discussion steered toward his opinion on sexuality. A clear OP would avoid ambiguity.

It's not all that complicated.

The Xl
04-21-2015, 05:49 PM
This thread is gay, it shouldn't be here, move it.

Chris
04-21-2015, 05:52 PM
This thread is gay, it shouldn't be here, move it.

We don't have a subforum for that.

Safety
04-21-2015, 05:53 PM
lol

The Xl
04-21-2015, 05:54 PM
We don't have a subforum for that.
Gotta fix that then, get on it. This isn't the subforum for gay threads

Chris
04-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Gotta fix that then, get on it. This isn't the subforum for gay threads

I'll take it to the VIPs. It's all their fault, you know.

Howey
04-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Let's see if I can clarify. A thread that's clearly political with stay wherever, a thread that clearly sexual, will be moved to The Gender, Sexuality, and Race Room, and a thread that is ambiguous will be moved according to how discussion goes. The thread under question was ambiguous, I even asked in my first post, second reply to thread, "So is topic votes or his opinion?" Discussion steered toward his opinion on sexuality. A clear OP would avoid ambiguity.

It's not all that complicated.

The title of the OP was political in nature. A candidate's view on homosexuality is a political issue. Sorry you don't understand. But I expected it.

The Xl
04-21-2015, 05:58 PM
I'll take it to the VIPs. It's all their fault, you know.

Deflection, eh? Just like politics

Chris
04-21-2015, 06:00 PM

http://i.snag.gy/nDK7k.jpg

Safety
04-21-2015, 06:00 PM

Well, it is a political forum....

The Xl
04-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Well, it is a political forum....

You shut your whore mouth, you

Chris
04-21-2015, 06:01 PM
The title of the OP was political in nature. A candidate's view on homosexuality is a political issue. Sorry you don't understand. But I expected it.

I understand that's your opinion on the matter, and that others have other opinions. The thread shook out the other way.

Polecat
04-21-2015, 06:02 PM

Don't be speaking to my bitch dat way

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 06:03 PM
<backing out of thread slowly...shutting door quietly>

The Xl
04-21-2015, 06:04 PM

Or wat bruh or wat?

Safety
04-21-2015, 06:07 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f7/f768767f113a286eefc8ba8c32276771f9a18ca60a1dd62291 c87a6cf4af33fc.jpg

Chris
04-21-2015, 06:08 PM

<I'm outta here.>

Polecat
04-21-2015, 06:09 PM

Cheekin!

Matty
04-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Since when did questioning mod actions become okay? When liberals do it?

Polecat
04-21-2015, 06:14 PM

Anyone but you honey. I can say asshole too.:pointlaugh:

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Anyone but you honey. I can say asshole too.:pointlaugh:

you need to work on your whine Pole...try putting more screech into it....

The Xl
04-21-2015, 06:23 PM
you need to work on your whine Pole...try putting more screech into it....
That's racist

Matty
04-21-2015, 06:24 PM
It's bias. She DOSEN't like me! She's letting it show!

Polecat
04-21-2015, 06:27 PM
That's racist

That's what I thought too but after what we did to Safety I wasn't gonna say nothing.

Safety
04-21-2015, 06:30 PM
There's always some neighbor who is grumpy and tells the kids to "get off my lawn"....

Polecat
04-21-2015, 06:33 PM
There's always some neighbor who is grumpy and tells the kids to "get off my lawn"....

I was that guy when I was 35. 20 years later the same kids can punch my ticket anytime they want. I like my humble pie with ice cream.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Racist? What color is a polecat? If I'm gonna be racist, I want to get the details right!

Safety
04-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Racist? What color is a polecat? If I'm gonna be racist, I want to get the details right!

I guess you don't like oreos.

del
04-21-2015, 06:51 PM

yes. everything's fine when liberals do it.

they pay them to post you know, and bring them fresh croissants every morning with flowers, a latte and a crisp copy of the new york times

Howey
04-21-2015, 07:42 PM
I understand that's your opinion on the matter, and that others have other opinions. The thread shook out the other way.

Then someone wasn't doing their job, huh?

Common Sense
04-21-2015, 07:46 PM

No, it's all your fault for trying posting a topical discussion that derailed due to idiocy.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 07:46 PM
yes. everything's fine when liberals do it.

they pay them to post you know, and bring them fresh croissants every morning with flowers, a latte and a crisp copy of the new york times

shh...now you have let the secret out. sure beats cheap whine & old cheese....

Chris
04-21-2015, 07:50 PM

Who's that, howey?

Common Sense
04-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Who's that, howey?

So let me get this straight...if a thread derails from the OP, it should be moved to the section that best represents said derailment?

Chris
04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
So let me get this straight...if a thread derails from the OP, it should be moved to the section that best represents said derailment?

From earlier post: "Let's see if I can clarify. A thread that's clearly political with stay wherever, a thread that clearly sexual, will be moved to The Gender, Sexuality, and Race Room, and a thread that is ambiguous will be moved according to how discussion goes. The thread under question was ambiguous, I even asked in my first post, second reply to thread, "So is topic votes or his opinion?" Discussion steered toward his opinion on sexuality. A clear OP would avoid ambiguity."

Howey
04-21-2015, 08:03 PM

Sounds about right.

Chris
04-21-2015, 08:04 PM
Sounds about right.

As clarified, no, wrong.

Howey
04-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Heres what i did on my forum. I shared this with ADMIN last week.

http://i.imgur.com/uXuKrqk.jpg

Ravens Fan
04-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Heres what i did on my forum. I shared this with ADMIN last week.

http://i.imgur.com/uXuKrqk.jpg

We already have a similar room, Howie.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/32-The-Gender-Sexuality-and-Race-Room

del
04-21-2015, 08:54 PM
it should be homos, not homo's

tighten up

Howey
04-21-2015, 09:21 PM
We already have a similar room, Howie.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/32-The-Gender-Sexuality-and-Race-Room

Except, just like the former stickied thread, the antigay trolls invaded to spread their hate.

Funny thing...they didn't like the ghey talk but went out of their way to find it and post about it even when it was moved where they knew where it was.

Captain Obvious
04-21-2015, 09:34 PM
it should be homos, not homo's

tighten up

Homo is

Homos are

Homo's cool

Homos are cool

sachem
04-21-2015, 09:42 PM

Clarification please.I'll think posts like those mentioned above should be in a political forum/Latest Happenings.

Ravens Fan
04-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Except, just like the former stickied thread, the antigay trolls invaded to spread their hate.

I don't think we can do much about that. This is a debate forum. Just keep proving them wrong, but with class.

Funny thing...they didn't like the ghey talk but went out of their way to find it and post about it even when it was moved where they knew where it was.

I agree with the idea of skipping a topic if you don't want to read about it, but I can also see the frustration that was building towards the aggressiveness and frequency of the gay related posts. That frustration was showing in many members who are otherwise very open to gay subjects as well. Unfortunately, no matter how the issue was addressed, we would never be able to please everyone.

sachem
04-21-2015, 09:54 PM
So let me get this straight...if a thread derails from the OP, it should be moved to the section that best represents said derailment?Are you kidding me? How much are we gonna be micro managed?

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 10:29 PM
If the member who started the OP doesn't even attempt to bring it back, then it takes on a life of it's own. The person who posts the OP should really be involved in the thread and helping to guide it, or reporting when members are running away with it.

silvereyes
04-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Fuck that. Do it like this:

<slams open door. Looks around. Rolls eyes, flips everyone off. Says, "Fuck this." Walks out slamming door shut.>

Common
04-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Every thread on this forum gets hijacked

silvereyes
04-21-2015, 10:34 PM
shh...now you have let the secret out. sure beats cheap whine & old cheese....

We know who the cheap whiner is.

silvereyes
04-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Every thread on this forum gets hijacked

Nuh uh. I pack mine in clear water. Lol.

Chris
04-22-2015, 05:53 AM
Are you kidding me? How much are we gonna be micro managed?

No, he got it wrong.

Chris
04-22-2015, 05:55 AM

Howey, you asked a question, it's been answered. If you have complaints, take them to PMs, please.

Howey
04-22-2015, 06:42 AM
Howey, you asked a question, it's been answered. If you have complaints, take them to PMs, please.

Since when are observations considered complaints?

Peter1469
04-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Some observations are passive aggressive complaints.