PDA

View Full Version : The Rep System

Howey
04-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Is it fair for only mods to use negative rep? Shouldn't everyone?

Why don't we just get rid of it?

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 11:47 AM
I just neg repped you for that.

Peter1469
Not your call, Howey.

Common Sense
I don't get the whole rep system.

Points?

Levels?

Karma?

Rep power?

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Not your call, Howey.

He just asked a question.

del
04-28-2015, 11:48 AM
it's all bullshit, but only complete asshats use the neg, especially if it's not available to everyone.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 11:49 AM

Points?

Levels?

Karma?

Rep power?

I don't know how it all works. Math. Some people are obsessed over it. Others don't really notice it.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 11:49 AM
it's all bullshit, but only complete asshats use the neg, especially if it's not available to everyone.

Agreed.

Meaningless as a gold star or a participation ribbon.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 11:51 AM
It can be used as a private warning as opposed to a public warning, a thread ban, or an infraction. But some people are trying to disrupt the forum.

Common
04-28-2015, 11:51 AM
I don't know how it all works. Math. Some people are obsessed over it. Others don't really notice it.

I am one that never notices it. Thats kind of like obsessing who likes you or not on a political forum.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 11:52 AM
He just asked a question.

I answered it.

He has his own forum where he can manage in any manner he wishes.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 11:52 AM
It's not so private when you tell someone you're doing it.

I guess people should use PM function as we are all instructed to do so.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
It's not so private when you tell someone you're doing it.

I guess people should use PM function as we are all instructed to do so.

The only reason I mentioned it is because me telling him in private did no good. Why do you think that is?

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
I answered it.

He has his own forum where he can manage in any manner he wishes.

Not really.

You clearly dislike him so you dismissed it. Just sayin.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Not really.

He has his answer.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 11:56 AM
OK...

Great job!

Common
04-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Not really.

Isnt dislike a two way street. When you analyze two different points of view you usually can dentify what caused the animus in the first place.

Keep in mind Peter does not make the rules here and he did not set up the forum system, hes appointed to enforce them, a thankless position which im very aware of first hand.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Isnt dislike a two way street. When you analyze two different points of view you usually can dentify what caused the animus in the first place.

Keep in mind Peter does not make the rules here and he did not set up the forum system, hes appointed to enforce them, a thankless position which im very aware of first hand.

Right, and Howey clearly is instigating.

Mister D
04-28-2015, 12:01 PM
I am one that never notices it. Thats kind of like obsessing who likes you or not on a political forum.

Right. It's pretty gay. Wait a minute...

Common
04-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Right, and Howey clearly is instigating.

Im not taking sides, im trying to point out its a two way street and peter is the wrong person to badger about the rules or forum setup.

Howey
04-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Not your call, Howey.

Did I say it was? Isn't this section for suggesting changes to the forum?

Howey
04-28-2015, 12:08 PM

Amen brother, amen.

Howey
04-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Not really.

Amen brother. Amen.

Howey
04-28-2015, 12:12 PM
The only reason I mentioned it is because me telling him in private did no good. Why do you think that is?
You did? I just looked through my pm's. Don't see it. Perhaps I missed it?

Chris
04-28-2015, 12:15 PM

Points?

Levels?

Karma?

Rep power?

It really doesn't mean anything.

Howey
04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Im not taking sides, im trying to point out its a two way street and peter is the wrong person to badger about the rules or forum setup.

Who am I badgering? I asked a simple question.

And considering how much Peter and his conservative buddies have been badgering, trolling and harassing me, particularly with mentions, right Mister D and hanger4?, all of which have been addressed without resolution in pm's, that's a bit of a silly statement.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Did I say it was? Isn't this section for suggesting changes to the forum?

No. That is in the VIP room.

This section is for technical issues.

Howey
04-28-2015, 12:17 PM
It really doesn't mean anything.

So why have it?

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 12:18 PM
You did? I just looked through my pm's. Don't see it. Perhaps I missed it?

Previous neg reps for the same thing.

I won't PM you, because it would only encourage you to reply.

Chris
So why have it?

I don't know.

Howey
No. That is in the VIP room.

This section is for technical issues.

So those of us without VIP access can't suggest changes to the forum?

wow

Peter1469

And considering how much Peter and his conservative buddies have been badgering, trolling and harassing me, particularly with mentions, right @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4) and @hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403)?, all of which have been addressed without resolution in pm's, that's a bit of a silly statement.

The conservatives say that I am a lib.

:shocked:

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 12:19 PM
So those of us 20th out VIP access can't suggest changes to the forum?

wow

Right.

Mister D
04-28-2015, 12:21 PM

And considering how much Peter and his conservative buddies have been badgering, trolling and harassing me, particularly with mentions, right @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4) and @hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403)?, all of which have been addressed without resolution in pm's, that's a bit of a silly statement.

I ignore most of your posts, Howey.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 12:22 PM
http://previews.123rf.com/images/maximus256/maximus2561201/maximus256120100082/12028449-A-velvet-rope-barrier-with-a-vip-sign-Isolated-on-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

Howey
Right.

lol and you call us Travellers, Comrade?

Chris

Lib lib lib!

Chris
04-28-2015, 12:24 PM

wow

Find a VIP who will take up your concern in the VIP room. I'm not real clear what it is, so be sure to explain so whoever it is understands what you're after.

GrassrootsConservative
04-28-2015, 12:24 PM

I think it's more like "the Republicans say that I am a lib."

Brett Nortje
04-28-2015, 12:47 PM
It can be used as a private warning as opposed to a public warning, a thread ban, or an infraction. But some people are trying to disrupt the forum.

You guys let a lot happen here that wouldn't happen on other servers.

Venus
04-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Is it fair for only mods to use negative rep? Shouldn't everyone?

Why don't we just get rid of it?

You do get your panties in a bunch over the stupidest shit.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 01:25 PM
So why have it?
Exactly!

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 01:27 PM
You do get your panties in a bunch over the stupidest $#@!.
Well for one who may not even ever wear panties you are one to talk. It matters, Venus, it matters to some people perhaps not to you but it does to many others.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Well for one who may not even ever wear panties you are one to talk. It matters, Venus, it matters to some people perhaps not to you but it does to many others.

Nah, it's just pissing and whining over nothing.

I have worn panties, btw. When I lost a bunch of weight I put my wife's on just to see if they fit (and to annoy her). Worked too, but not that comfortable. I've worn her sweatpants too when mine were in the wash.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 01:30 PM
How did Howey get turned into a pillar of salt, btw?

silvereyes
04-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Lib lib lib!

Mac, is that you?

silvereyes
04-28-2015, 01:32 PM
You do get your panties in a bunch over the stupidest shit.

I'm pretty sure No one would like a neg Rep comment.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 01:33 PM

wow
They must think that's the way of democracy around here.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 01:35 PM
They must think that's the way of democracy around here.

This is not a democracy. We are invited here at admin's discretion. He sets the rules & tells us how he wants them enforced. We are expected to behave as guests in his house....you don't get a vote when you are a guest.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 01:36 PM
You're right. Yet I received it from one of the mods without so much as an explanation. How's that for fairness? That just isn't right unless everyone has equal access.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 01:37 PM
You're right. Yet I received it from one of the mods without so much as an explanation. How's that for fairness? That just isn't right unless everyone has equal access.

No explanation? You can't neg rep without adding a comment. Is this a made up story?

silvereyes
04-28-2015, 01:40 PM
No explanation? You can't neg rep without adding a comment. Is this a made up story?
Really? Not true. I just did it to you.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 01:43 PM

You added a rep.

I can add a rep with no comment. But not a neg rep.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 01:44 PM
http://s3-media1.fl.yelpassets.com/bphoto/lRZtqKWPv9iG2tZQfC5QyA/l.jpg

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 01:44 PM

And I bet you liked it.

Venus
04-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Well for one who may not even ever wear panties you are one to talk.

What?

It matters, Venus, it matters to some people perhaps not to you but it does to many others.

No it doesn't matter, not when it comes from him. He likes to whine. I'm surprised he didn't pull and @ Admin on this one.

Venus
04-28-2015, 01:46 PM

If he wasn't such a pain in the ass he wouldn't receive the neg rep, he would get an email, but he is, so he does.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 01:48 PM
I just tried a neg to Peter with no comment and it would not go through. I gotta tell him why I disapprove of his post.

Venus
04-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Wasn't this already discussed a few weeks back?

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 01:49 PM
I just tried a neg to Peter with no comment and it would not go through. I gotta tell him why I disapprove of his post.

Some of the activist members here make stories up to bolster their positions. Sometimes they get caught.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Wasn't this already discussed a few weeks back?

We just rehash the same old shit here every couple weeks, nobody is supposed to notice.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Should I be concerned that I don't have neg-rep powers? Is this anything like going around with your fly down? (I'm so embarrassed)

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Some of the activist members here make stories up to bolster their positions. Sometimes they get caught.

I posted on the first page that I neg repped Howey for this thread, I was just fucking with him. I can't neg rep, I don't think anyone can.

I was hoping that was going to annoy him.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 01:51 PM
We just rehash the same old shit here every couple weeks, nobody is supposed to notice.

Thanks for pointing it out then. No wonder you're the Captain.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Should I be concerned that I don't have neg-rep powers? Is this anything like going around with your fly down? (I'm so embarrassed)

It's like being circumcised, once it's gone you can never get it back.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 01:53 PM
Find a VIP who will take up your concern in the VIP room. I'm not real clear what it is, so be sure to explain so whoever it is understands what you're after.
Yet isn't the deck already stacked against us with just a few VIPs making the big decisions who more than likely will go with what their fellow VIPs or mods say without much discussion? Sure. That's how it usually works. So tell me. Where is the fairness and justice in that?

Polecat
04-28-2015, 01:53 PM
I posted on the first page that I neg repped Howey for this thread, I was just fucking with him. I can't neg rep, I don't think anyone can.

LOL! Like Howard's card trick on the Big Bang Theory. Drove Sheldon over a cliff.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 01:56 PM
Yet isn't the deck already stacked against us with just a few VIPs making the big decisions who more than likely will go with what their fellow VIPs or mods say without much discussion? Sure. That's how it usually works. So tell me. Where is the fairness and justice in that?

I have explained that we are all guests here. You don't set the rules in another's home. You have 2 choices....observe the rules & have a pleasant visit or try to force your rules and be asked to leave.

Calypso Jones
04-28-2015, 01:59 PM
boards don't have to be fair. they aren't the feds. oh...that was funny.

think of it this way...this is a private enterprise providing a service to the public. You can't come in here and ask someone to make you a cake for your homosexual wedding service.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 01:59 PM
I posted on the first page that I neg repped Howey for this thread, I was just $#@!ing with him. I can't neg rep, I don't think anyone can.

Well shame on you. You should have known better.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 02:02 PM

That is the way the forum was set up before I ever got here. We don't change the rules on whims. It is a long process of deliberation.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:02 PM
I have explained that we are all guests here. You don't set the rules in another's home. You have 2 choices....observe the rules & have a pleasant visit or try to force your rules and be asked to leave.
And wasn't that exactly what I was saying? It's never been a matter of "Mi Casa Es Su Casa." That type of true hospitality is apparently anathema here. Too bad but it reflects greatly on the forum and those who run it.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Well shame on you. You should have known better.

What about you?

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:08 PM

Nice strawman. I think you just want to complain. It's nothing like you insinuate.

Note one thing, this is not a public forum in the sense it's owned by John Q Public and run by the government, it's a private forum. You agreed to that when you registered.

If you have suggestions for forum changes, offer them here where they'll likely get beat down, or find a VIP who will listen and present the idea for discussion among VIPs who will take it seriously.

TrueBlue
Nah, it's just pissing and whining over nothing.

I have worn panties, btw. When I lost a bunch of weight I put my wife's on just to see if they fit (and to annoy her). Worked too, but not that comfortable. I've worn her sweatpants too when mine were in the wash.
http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/80.gifVery telling isn't it! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/5.gif

Venus
And wasn't that exactly what I was saying? It's never been a matter of "Mi Casa Es Su Casa." That type of true hospitality is apparently anathema here. Too bad but it reflects greatly on the forum and those who run it.

I hear Howey has his own forum, maybe you will feel more at home there. Because I don't know of any member here who's going to kiss the ground you walk on, give you everything you want and agree with everything you say or post. It just isn't going to happen.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:10 PM
What about you?
I did not make the comment.

Mister D
04-28-2015, 02:10 PM
If the reputation system on an Internet message board is keeping you up nights you probably need a break.

/thread

Venus
04-28-2015, 02:11 PM
If the reputation system on an Internet message board is keeping you up nights you probably need a break.

/thread

In a nutshell

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:12 PM
I hear Howey has his own forum, maybe you will feel more at home there. Because I don't know of any member here who's going to kiss the ground you walk on, give you everything you want and agree with everything you say or post. It just isn't going to happen.
You have a remarkable grasp of the obvious. But one would think that a forum that already realizes they are well below par would try to shape up for the betterment of their reputation.

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:13 PM

/thread

http://i.snag.gy/5aECR.jpg

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:14 PM
You have a remarkable grasp of the obvious. But one would think that a forum that already realizes they are well below par would try to shape up for the betterment of their reputation.

Go tell Howey that then.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:14 PM
That is the way the forum was set up before I ever got here. We don't change the rules on whims. It is a long process of deliberation.
O.K. but is fairness ever injected into it for parity??

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Go tell Howey that then.
Only Howey is not the problem, Chris.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 02:15 PM

Its not my house nor your house. You have had this explained to you. There are other forums with different rules. I think most posters think this a pleasant place to exchange ideas without having to deal with what other forums allow. In fact, we currently have mods from at least 2 other forums who seem to enjoy posting here more than on their home forums. We must not be all that bad....

Venus
04-28-2015, 02:17 PM
O.K. but is fairness ever injected into it for parity??

What is fair? And why do you get to define it?

Mister D
04-28-2015, 02:19 PM
This is the 'gayest' thread yet. This belongs in the sexuality room. Seriously.

Venus
04-28-2015, 02:21 PM

I don't believe this forum is below par. It's has it problems like most everything, but I enjoy reading what others have to say on any given issue. Right, left or middle opinions. Open mind and all that.

Maybe this forum isn't for you. It happens, I don't post at political hotwire because it isn't for me.

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Only Howey is not the problem, Chris.

But only he can change his forum, TB.

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Its not my house nor your house. You have had this explained to you. There are other forums with different rules. I think most posters think this a pleasant place to exchange ideas without having to deal with what other forums allow. In fact, we currently have mods from at least 2 other forums who seem to enjoy posting here more than on their home forums. We must not be all that bad....

Yes, it has been explained.

And ignored.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Seriously? Well what can you honestly say, Pol? But stepping aside for a moment from your role as a mod. don't you feel the forum could honestly improve and become more enriched with better tact, fairness, and diplomacy from the powers that be?

Mister D
04-28-2015, 02:24 PM
I don't believe this forum is below par. It's has it problems like most everything, but I enjoy reading what others have to say on any given issue. Right, left or middle opinions. Open mind and all that.

Maybe this forum isn't for you. It happens, I don't post at political hotwire because it isn't for me.

It's probably the best I've been on. Free Speech Free for All Peter1469 was cool but it was very small and had only one (absolutely insane) progressive.

Venus
04-28-2015, 02:25 PM
It's probably the best I've been on. Free Speech Free for All @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) was cool but it was very small and had only one (absolutely insane) progressive.

I agree, and it's actually one of the more civil I've been on as well.

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Seriously? Well what can you honestly say, Pol? But stepping aside for a moment from your role as a mod. don't you feel the forum could honestly improve and become more enriched with better tact, fairness, and diplomacy from the powers that be?

All things can improve. Best route to that is each and everyone of us make that effort to improve ourselves. From that should emerge a better forum.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 02:32 PM
This board is hereby declared pro LBGT. All others may leave in an orderly fashion.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 02:35 PM

You have attempted to start a change to what you perceived as a better forum. Although technically it was against the rules to allow discussion of mod/forum actions, we allowed the thread to remain so everyone could voice their opinions. The VIP's all read the suggestions along with everyone here. The suggestions did not result in much enthusiasm...did they? Every member knows that they can suggest (via PM) any changes they want to any VIP (the blue smurfs). The VIP's discuss and decide. Your suggestions were rejected. Accept that and move on.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:38 PM
All things can improve. Best route to that is each and everyone of us make that effort to improve ourselves. From that should emerge a better forum.
That's a great idea, Chris. Are you going to be one of those to seriously commit to that?

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 02:41 PM
That's a great idea, Chris. Are you going to be one of those to seriously commit to that?

Start with yourself....use that finger that you want to point at everyone to pick up a mirror.

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:41 PM

I try. :angel7:

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:42 PM
You have attempted to start a change to what you perceived as a better forum. Although technically it was against the rules to allow discussion of mod/forum actions, we allowed the thread to remain so everyone could voice their opinions. The VIP's all read the suggestions along with everyone here. The suggestions did not result in much enthusiasm...did they? Every member knows that they can suggest (via PM) any changes they want to any VIP (the blue smurfs). The VIP's discuss and decide. Your suggestions were rejected. Accept that and move on.
Well now, that is exactly what you have wanted all along. For those in authority to silence those who question authority. How's that for playing a fair game?

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 02:43 PM
I did not make the comment.

You made the comment in post 50. That is what I was responding to when I said that some members make up stories to advance their agendas. Shame on you.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:44 PM
I try. :angel7:
You mean http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/1.gif So how about trying harder?

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 02:47 PM

Go improve Howey's forum. I hear it needs members. Participating members that is.

Venus
04-28-2015, 02:49 PM
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:50 PM
You made the comment in post 50. That is what I was responding to when I said that some members make up stories to advance their agendas. Shame on you.
Shame on me when I am merely questioning the tactics used here? I realize you obviously don't like that but try being fair once in a while why don't you? If you can neg rep. then everyone here should also have that same privilege otherwise, who's unfairly getting the upper hand?

Here's what I said. "You're right. Yet I received it from one of the mods without so much as an explanation. How's that for fairness? That just isn't right unless everyone has equal access."

Polecat
04-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Well now, that is exactly what you have wanted all along. For those in authority to silence those who question authority. How's that for playing a fair game?

Oh my! I do hope you aren't going to burn down our CVS.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 02:52 PM

You keep repeating the same mantra over & over. Let me see if I can make this any clearer. Your suggestions have been rejected as unnecessary. You can not enforce your beliefs on other posters via forum rules. Your choice is stay & obey the forum rules or go. There is no middle area.

Further discussion on the issue will be considered a violation of rule #9.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Shame on me when I am merely questioning the tactics used here? I realize you obviously don't like that but try being fair once in a while why don't you? If you can neg rep. then everyone here should also have that same privilege otherwise, who's unfairly getting the upper hand?

Here's what I said. "You're right. Yet I received it from one of the mods without so much as an explanation. How's that for fairness? That just isn't right unless everyone has equal access."

OK. Let's be clear. You are a lair.

You can't get a neg rep without a comment.

Stop making stories up.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 02:54 PM

Are you familiar with the game, "wack-a-mole"? It isn't that much fun for the mole.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Go improve Howey's forum. I hear it needs members. Participating members that is.
From the look of things, looks like it's doing alright. Sure ALL forums could use more members but as word gets around and spreads about his forum no doubt there will be more members going over there!

And how about you posting his forum url since you are talking about his getting more members? Think you can do that as a token of fairness?

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:56 PM
You mean http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/1.gif So how about trying harder?

That wasn't very nice. :cry:

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 02:57 PM
Are you familiar with the game, "wack-a-mole"? It isn't that much fun for the mole.
Nor for "fraidy cats" who are terrified if things change in the name of fairness. Your own avatar is already exemplifying that point.

Chris
04-28-2015, 02:57 PM
From the look of things, looks like it's doing alright. Sure ALL forums could use more members but as word gets around and spreads about his forum no doubt there will be more members going over there!

And how about you posting his forum url since you are talking about his getting more members? Think you can do that as a token of fairness?

Spam another forum, please.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 02:59 PM

Howey has it on his profile page. You can do that as well for all that I care.

Only tPF blogs are allowed outside of the profile page. See my sig line!

Thanks for reminding me, I have to update my blog from my recent trip. :smiley:

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:00 PM
That wasn't very nice. :cry:
Aw c'mon, Chris, all you really have to do is be nice to Howey and me. I know you can do it! Just at least try to stop the bans against him.

Venus
04-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Aw c'mon, Chris, all you really have to do is be nice to Howey and me. I know you can do it! Just at least try to stop the bans against him.

You're a piece of work.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:06 PM
OK. Let's be clear. You are a lair.

You can't get a neg rep without a comment.

Stop making stories up.
So, before you call me a "liar" where's the comment on the neg rep you gave to me?

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 03:14 PM

Discussion/Questions about mod actions should be addressed via PM. Continued discussion in the open forum will result in infractions

Chris
04-28-2015, 03:15 PM

I have nothing against you and Howey. Question is what do you two have against the f--nevermind, that'll just get you started again.

Oh, and take these complaints to PM. Final warning--oops, see above^^^.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Nor for "fraidy cats" who are terrified if things change in the name of fairness. Your own avatar is already exemplifying that point.

Really? My silly avatar is a synopsis of something as complex as my character? I suppose I should replace it with something that you feel is more appropriate. What do you think about the three little pigs all connected in group anal sex? How about Rosie O'Donnell scratching her balls? What would be a fair avatar that you would impose on me?

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Really? My silly avatar is a synopsis of something as complex as my character? I suppose I should replace it with something that you feel is more appropriate. What do you think about the three little pigs all connected in group anal sex? How about Rosie O'Donnell scratching her balls? What would be a fair avatar that you would impose on me?
Well grandma how you talk! But impose something on you? Please.

Chris
04-28-2015, 03:28 PM
TB, somehow you're just not winning any hearts and minds.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Well Chris, when you're a pearl among the swine is it any wonder.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 03:33 PM
lol

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 03:33 PM

I get where he's coming from. He's moved from defense to offense.

I would probably do the same if the threads I created were dumped in a fucking rainbow room and I was treated like that.

The fact is, he created threads that pissed people off because they were "forced to read them". Threads that are clearly near and dear to him. For that he was mocked by some members and even mods. Mods that clearly couldn't separate their personal feelings.

I don't blame him. But I guess I'm different. No one is forcing me to read threads I have no interest in.

Edit: Actually, I guess that was Howey. Anyway...this joint can be homophobic as fuck.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 03:34 PM
So, before you call me a "liar" where's the comment on the neg rep you gave to me?
With the notification of the neg rep. Miss it?

Try again. Pay attention this time.

Chris
04-28-2015, 03:34 PM

That was funny, harharhar.

But perhaps then you shouldn't cast aspersions before swine.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 03:35 PM
With the notification of the neg rep. Miss it?

Try again. Pay attention this time.

Negs reps from a mod are a form of moderation?

Chris
04-28-2015, 03:37 PM

I would probably do the same if the threads I created were dumped in a fucking rainbow room and I was treated like that.

The fact is, he created threads that pissed people off because they were "forced to read them". Threads that are clearly near and dear to him. For that he was mocked by some members and even mods. Mods that clearly couldn't separate their personal feelings.

I don't blame him. But I guess I'm different. No one is forcing me to read threads I have no interest in.

Edit: Actually, I guess that was Howey. Anyway...this joint can be homophobic as fuck.

Doesn't work.

They're not.

Perhaps they were done to annoy.

I think everyone is weary of this.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 03:37 PM

Its a method of mod action that is private. I use it sometimes to avoid a warning box.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Doesn't work.

They're not.

Perhaps they were done to annoy.

I think everyone is weary of this.

Done to annoy? What, his posts or his @'s?

Weary of what? All the gay nonsense?

Yeah, will those queers shut up already? Almost as bad as the blacks.

Chris
04-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Done to annoy? What, his posts or his @'s?

Weary of what? All the gay nonsense?

Yeah, will those queers shut up already? Almost as bad as the blacks.

Flooding.

Complaints by a few.

Don't put words in my mouth. They don't taste good.

Polecat

Then why have you not shaken the dust from your feet?

Peter1469

They can be. As can public warnings. Public Thread Bans. Infractions. Perma bans.

Neg reps have worked successfully in the past without calling anyone out.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 03:41 PM

This has been explained before but I will go though it one more time. The Rainbow room was established with the approval of all interested parties. It did not work well. Threads are now posted to the correct sub-forum. The same people who agreed to Rainbow Room and then objected to the Rainbow Room are now objecting to the elimination of the Rainbow Room. go figure

If you have any more questions about mod actions, please use the PM function.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 03:41 PM
I think a PM would be clearer.

I was unaware that comments were even attached to reps for the longest time.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:42 PM
That was funny, harharhar.

But perhaps then you shouldn't cast aspersions before swine.
Now THAT'S funny! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/31.gifhttp://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/80.gif

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 03:43 PM

With positive reps comments are optional. They are not optional with neg reps.

Chris
04-28-2015, 03:44 PM
OMG! Common Sense's avatar broke!!!

http://i.snag.gy/y2mSQ.jpg

Safety
04-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Well grandma how you talk! But impose something on you? Please.

Congratulations, you have effectively just alienated the majority of the people who defends you here. I was in you and Howey 's corner regarding fair treatment on this forum, but I see that isn't what you want at all. You demand a democracy where one doesn't exist. This isn't your house, you are a guest here and the mods are the managers. You are welcome to stay as long as you follow the house's rules set by the owner and enforced by the managers. It doesn't get any more simpler than that.

Pro-tip: If I were you, I would just take a step back and breathe a little to let this sink in, for going down this road doesn't end well.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 03:45 PM
This has been explained before but I will go though it one more time. The Rainbow room was established with the approval of all interested parties. It did not work well. Threads are now posted to the correct sub-forum. The same people who agreed to Rainbow Room and then objected to the Rainbow Room are now objecting to the elimination of the Rainbow Room. go figure

If you have any more questions about mod actions, please use the PM function.

<<snark on>> Just like a silly poof rearranging the furniture and changing the drapes and still not liking it. <<snark off>>

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 03:47 PM
I don't know why discussions of this nature must be done as PM's.

I know this isn't a democracy. But what's wrong with a discussion?

I'll just say this...from what I've seen anything to do with homosexual issues, be they topical, related to the election, related to civil rights, related to crime, had to be put into a gay room (Rainbow room) or sexuality.

In my opinion many of those threads belonged in Latest or US politics. When they were moved, I saw that as an environment that was hostile to these issues. I'm sure the gay members saw them as even worse.

That's how this situation was created and that's why the hostility persists. It's unfair treatment of a particular issue because some people found it annoying or spam like (when we are all free to ignore threads we don't like) and some people were just clearly offended by them.

Anyways, ban me from the thread I guess for voicing my opinion.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 03:49 PM
OMG! Common Sense's avatar broke!!!

http://i.snag.gy/y2mSQ.jpg

Huh? What do you mean? Pic works for me...

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:50 PM

Exactly! Some here are going crazy giving me neg reps that can only be somewhat removed if people click on the little 6 pointed star at the bottom of my postings which will help to neutralize the neg repping but I still don't see the comments that Peter says were attached to his neg rep. Is there a menu or place that explains how that works?

Polecat
04-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Congratulations, you have effectively just alienated the majority of the people who defends you here. I was in you and @Howey (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=387) 's corner regarding fair treatment on this forum, but I see that isn't what you want at all. You demand a democracy where one doesn't exist. This isn't your house, you are a guest here and the mods are the managers. You are welcome to stay as long as you follow the house's rules set by the owner and enforced by the managers. It doesn't get any more simpler than that.

Pro-tip: If I were you, I would just take a step back and breathe a little to let this sink in, for going down this road doesn't end well.

What are you doing here? I hope you used the back entrance.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Exactly! Some here are going crazy giving me neg reps that can only be somewhat removed if people click on the little 6 pointed star at the bottom of my postings which will help to neutralize the neg repping but I still don't see the comments that Peter says were attached to his neg rep. Is there a menu or place that explains how that works?

Do you get notifications? Or are they turned off?

Polecat
04-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Huh? What do you mean? Pic works for me...

I see it too but find it lacking in the spirit of fairness. Please change it at once.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:52 PM

I'll just say this...from what I've seen anything to do with homosexual issues, be they topical, related to the election, related to civil rights, related to crime, had to be put into a gay room (Rainbow room) or sexuality.

In my opinion many of those threads belonged in Latest or US politics. When they were moved, I saw that as an environment that was hostile to these issues. I'm sure the gay members saw them as even worse.

That's how this situation was created and that's why the hostility persists. It's unfair treatment of a particular issue because some people found it annoying or spam like (when we are all free to ignore threads we don't like) and some people were just clearly offended by them.

No, you should not be at all banned for expressing your opinion as your opinion counts and should be 'Common Sense' to everyone else.

TrueBlue
04-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Do you get notifications? Or are they turned off?
I get notifications.

del
04-28-2015, 03:54 PM

yeah, because a pm wouldn't do that.

lol

gmafb

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 03:55 PM
I get notifications.

Then you should get the comments with the notification of the rep, or the neg rep, as the case may be.

Need to try again?

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 03:56 PM
yeah, because a pm wouldn't do that.

lol

gmafb

PM invites a conversation. I PM several members. I don't PM other members.

I am going to rep you. Read the comment.

Safety

You are correct to a point CS, I agree that there should not be any distinction given to a particular topic just because some may feel uncomfortable about it. However, there is a limit to what "constitutes" a discussion and what is considered "spam". Concessions have been given in regards to trying to find an amiable middle ground on this issue. But, in this thread, the discussion is about some having the same "power" as the moderators have, which if that was the case, why even have mods in the first place.

del
PM invites a conversation. I PM several members. I don't PM other members.

I am going to rep you. Read the comment.

no thanks

Safety
04-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Chris let me in so I can clean up this mess. Go figure, right?

I just hope they don't expect me to cook, that's where I f'king draw the line.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 03:58 PM
no thanks

Suit yourself.

del
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Suit yourself.

i always do

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM
You are correct to a point CS, I agree that there should not be any distinction given to a particular topic just because some may feel uncomfortable about it. However, there is a limit to what "constitutes" a discussion and what is considered "spam". Concessions have been given in regards to trying to find an amiable middle ground on this issue. But, in this thread, the discussion is about some having the same "power" as the moderators have, which if that was the case, why even have mods in the first place.

That's part of the issue, but the root of it is my post above.

The "power" in question is using the rep function to not only reduce someones reputation level (whatever the fuck that is), but to also use it as a form of a warning. Something I was never aware of.

The crux of it in my opinion is that some people don't like some other people....and now we're all probably over reacting.

del
04-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Suit yourself.

wuss

Safety
04-28-2015, 04:02 PM
That's part of the issue, but the root of it is my post above.

The "power" in question is using the rep function to not only reduce someones reputation level (whatever the fuck that is), but to also use it as a form of a warning. Something I was never aware of.

The crux of it in my opinion is that some people don't like some other people....and now we're all probably over reacting.

I also didn't know everything about the rep system, and I thought there was a sticky on the reputation system at one point.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 04:03 PM
wuss

You skipped your previous statement. Why?

Did you read it?

:smiley:

Polecat
04-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Then you should get the comments with the notification of the rep, or the neg rep, as the case may be.

Need to try again?

Do me do me do me do me do me do me do me!

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 04:06 PM
TrueBlue is banned from this Thread for ignoring Warning to stop discussion of mod actions. Please do not respond to her posts.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 04:06 PM

OK. See if you can read the message. True Blue is playing hard headed.

It was positive rep.

Safety
04-28-2015, 04:09 PM

....no.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 04:09 PM
OK. See if you can read the message. True Blue is playing hard headed.

It was positive rep.
Yup, "Can you read this message". But I don't understand if this was just a test or your are maliciously questioning my ability to read. That is not fair!

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Yup, "Can you read this message". But I don't understand if this was just a test or your are maliciously questioning my ability to read. That is not fair!

That was the message.

True Blue was lying above about the messages. Sad.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Weird. True Blue was responding to my post about mod actions and yet TB is banned.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 04:14 PM
That was the message.

True Blue was lying above about the messages. Sad.
I tried my best to make friendship with her but a piano that has only one note takes a special pianist.

Safety
04-28-2015, 04:15 PM
I tried my best to make friendship with her but a piano that has only one note takes a special pianist.

It never would have worked anyway, she's a pianist and you're a polecat.

PolWatch
04-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Weird. True Blue was responding to my post about mod actions and yet TB is banned.

She had been warned.

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
She had been warned.

We all had.

Bob
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
LOL! Like Howard's card trick on the Big Bang Theory. Drove Sheldon over a cliff.

What was more funny is that Sheldon acts like nobody is smarter than he is and yet he kept being fooled by Howard.

Till she died, I thought Howard's mom's voice was the actress playing Howards wife. 2 more episodes this and next month.

Chris
04-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Chris let me in so I can clean up this mess. Go figure, right?

I just hope they don't expect me to cook, that's where I f'king draw the line.

Meh, just wait for the next good thunderstorm to wash it all away.

Chris
04-28-2015, 04:38 PM

You saying it's unfair you're not TBed? It can be arranged. :D

Common Sense
04-28-2015, 04:39 PM

Ooooh...:)

Safety
04-28-2015, 04:41 PM

I was wondering what the hell Fed meant....

Chris
04-28-2015, 04:54 PM
I was wondering what the hell Fed meant....

My cellphone has a mind of its own.

Dr. Who
04-28-2015, 05:28 PM
"Mi Casa Es Su Casa" is not an invitation to people to feel free to trash your home, or tell the homeowner what food to serve, or who they should or shouldn't invite and what they can talk about. It just means that you are welcome to enjoy such hospitality as the host offers.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Ooooh...:)

I approve of the avatar. Good taste. Somehow I still feel like I have been struck over the head with a hockey stick however.

Dr. Who
04-28-2015, 05:36 PM
I don't think that we are below par. We are not an echo chamber. We try to encourage balance on the forum and allow both sides to be heard. It is much harder to keep the peace when people with opposing views get emotional, however were we to moderate in a draconian fashion, the ax would swing both ways.

Dr. Who
04-28-2015, 05:46 PM

The Mods are the police on this forum. Just like the 3D police we are permitted to give out tickets and arrest people for breaking the law. Consider warnings - like a warning from a cop to fix your tail light. Neg rep - a minor traffic ticket. Infraction - short stay in jail. Banning - sent to the big house.

Polecat
04-28-2015, 05:49 PM
Being under par is a good thing. Just ask Cigar.

Dr. Who
04-28-2015, 05:49 PM

Why would we do that? It is not our mandate to populate someone else's forum. Would you ask Saks to send customers to Macy's?

del
04-28-2015, 06:10 PM
You skipped your previous statement. Why?

Did you read it?

:smiley:

didn't have to read it to see it was negative, wuss

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 06:12 PM
didn't have to read it to see it was negative, wuss

It wasn't negative you ass.

Cthulhu
04-28-2015, 11:22 PM
https://youtu.be/y4-xC6hEIuw

Life is sometimes cruel, and unfair.

Just remember the rules you agreed too and you'll be fine here.

:)

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Common
04-28-2015, 11:49 PM
How do you even know if you got negative repped or not. ?

Peter1469
04-29-2015, 04:45 AM
How do you even know if you got negative repped or not. ?

You get a notification.

Safety
04-29-2015, 05:22 AM
You get a notification.

With a comment.

Common
04-29-2015, 07:00 AM
You get a notification.

ahh i dont pay attention to them. I dont care if I get negative rep.

Cigar
04-29-2015, 07:07 AM
ahh i dont pay attention to them. I dont care if I get negative rep.

I agree ... I never needed anyone's approval ... but some people just need Love. :laugh:

silvereyes
04-29-2015, 03:05 PM
And I bet you liked it.

Jealous? Weirdo. ;)

silvereyes
04-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Wait. I was not doing that. I misunderstood the issue. Now apologize.

silvereyes
04-29-2015, 03:16 PM

*silver shows extreme restraint NOT replying to this the way her mind first went*

PolWatch
04-29-2015, 03:21 PM
*silver shows extreme restraint NOT replying to this the way her mind first went*

thank you for your restraint! :wink:

silvereyes
04-29-2015, 03:24 PM
thank you for your restraint! :wink:

It was hard. Lol.

P.s. going to gone for a bit. Phone is on crack AGAIN. GOTTA send it off.

PolWatch
04-29-2015, 03:27 PM
hate to hear that. I guess you didn't have any luck with finding a service provider for your desktop....

silvereyes
04-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Nothing I can afford. I'll be stuck here. No phone, No car, No contact.....

PolWatch
04-29-2015, 03:32 PM
sometimes that is a good thing....:wink:

silvereyes
04-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Not for a week. It's lonely. :(

PolWatch
04-29-2015, 03:35 PM
when ya get lonesome, look out your door to the northeast....I'll stand on my porch and wave!

silvereyes
04-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Sniff. Thanks!