PDA

View Full Version : John Edwards Seeking to Delay Trial

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:04 PM
RALEIGH, N.C. — Lawyers for John Edwards have asked to delay his October trial date because they say they haven't had time to review more than 400,000 documents produced by prosecutors in his presidential campaign finance case.

In a motion filed Wednesday, Edwards' attorneys also say they will need more time to interview the same 125 witnesses that 50 FBI and IRS agents talked to during the investigation into Edwards' campaign spending during his 2008 bid for the White House.

Edwards also asked for a delay because his daughter Cate is getting married in October and she won't be available to help him take his 11-year-old and 13-year-old children to school during a trial.

Edwards has pleaded not guilty to six felony charges of violating campaign finance laws.

Please!!

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8325261

Mister D
08-25-2011, 12:07 PM
What a fall from grace he's had, huh?

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Yes indeed.

I would think that the children could be able to carpool or maybe ride the bus?

I guess he is in no danger of prison but if he is I can just seem him using his kids as an excuse during sentencing.

Mister D
08-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes indeed.

I would think that the children could be able to carpool or maybe ride the bus?

I guess he is in no danger of prison but if he is I can just seem him using his kids as an excuse during sentencing.

I'm sure excuses come easy for someone with a sense of entitlement.

Conley
08-25-2011, 12:35 PM
It's unfortunate he didn't think of his children when he was committing these crimes. It's always after the fact with these guys.

Mister D
08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
It's unfortunate he didn't think of his children when he was committing these crimes. It's always after the fact with these guys.

That kind of self-absorbtion is probably common among pols of both parties.

Conley
08-25-2011, 02:53 PM

Yep, pols and criminals as well. Narcissists.

Mister D
08-25-2011, 03:13 PM

Yep, pols and criminals as well. Narcissists.

Bingo. That's the type our system attracts unfortunately.

MMC
08-25-2011, 04:03 PM
These felony counts carry no Jail time?

Conley
08-25-2011, 05:11 PM

I'm sure they do for normal folks but somehow I expect Johnny Boy has the finest legal defense money can buy. He's still got funds squirreled away from his own trial lawyer days. :-\

MMC
08-25-2011, 05:34 PM

I'm sure they do for normal folks but somehow I expect Johnny Boy has the finest legal defense money can buy. He's still got funds squirreled away from his own trial lawyer days. :-\

They might want to make an example of him tho.

Conley
08-25-2011, 05:40 PM
That's a good point. Plus I'm sure he has plenty of enemies now, on both sides of the aisle.