PDA

View Full Version : The EU refines historic temps-- UP

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER=EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&SESSION=&RCN=34816

Not a good sign for the warmists (man-made global warming crowd). A two thousand year cooling trend. The earth warmer when Jesus walked the earth than today.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Well yeah, the earth's climate is cyclical over long periods of time, that's a given.

Where the trick is, is defining the impact of industrialization and overpopulation on the global climate - all in a period that doesn't amount to a **** hair on the spectrum of the earth's existence. What I find frustrating is the politicization of the matter, you have to weed through political bickering to get facts and truths.

I just want to understand the actuality of the issue, but sadly it's over-politicized to the extent that much (most) of the information out there is bastardized to some degree.

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Well yeah, the earth's climate is cyclical over long periods of time, that's a given.

Where the trick is, is defining the impact of industrialization and overpopulation on the global climate - all in a period that doesn't amount to a **** hair on the spectrum of the earth's existence. What I find frustrating is the politicization of the matter, you have to weed through political bickering to get facts and truths.

I just want to understand the actuality of the issue, but sadly it's over-politicized to the extent that much (most) of the information out there is bastardized to some degree.

Right. And if the temps were warmer when Jesus walked the earth, then the modern day global warming crusaders are full of crap.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Right. And if the temps were warmer when Jesus walked the earth, then the modern day global warming crusaders are full of crap.

Well no, you are contradicting yourself to an extent.

If you're suggesting that long-term, cyclical global warming/cooling trends are independent, then short-term impacts on those trends will be counter-cyclical. My suggestion is - how do you measure short-term impacts on global temps?

It's the same stale argument that you hear from both sides. When a heat wave erupts, all the global warming nuts crawl out from the woodwork and cry foul. When a blizzard hits, all the counter nuts cry foul which is idiotic on both accounts. Statistical small population thing.

Where's the truth, the actuality? Nobody seems to care about that, they all have political chips on their shoulders.

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Well no, you are contradicting yourself to an extent.

If you're suggesting that long-term, cyclical global warming/cooling trends are independent, then short-term impacts on those trends will be counter-cyclical. My suggestion is - how do you measure short-term impacts on global temps?

It's the same stale argument that you hear from both sides. When a heat wave erupts, all the global warming nuts crawl out from the woodwork and cry foul. When a blizzard hits, all the counter nuts cry foul which is idiotic on both accounts. Statistical small population thing.

Where's the truth, the actuality? Nobody seems to care about that, they all have political chips on their shoulders.
If temperatures 2000 years ago were warmer than today, then the affects of the Industrial age are minimal at best.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
If temperatures 2000 years ago were warmer than today, then the affects of the Industrial age are minimal at best.

No, the effects of the industrial age are independent of where temps are now (or were 2k years ago).

Simple relationship logic.

Peter1469
07-12-2012, 04:07 AM
No, the effects of the industrial age are independent of where temps are now (or were 2k years ago).

Simple relationship logic.

What does the first sentence mean?