PDA

View Full Version : Top Paid Athletes Money Mayweather Number One, Tiger Number Three

Conley
07-11-2012, 08:47 PM
There’s a reason they call boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. “Money.” He fought twice during the past 12 months, knocking out Victor Ortiz in September and winning a unanimous decision in May against Miguel Cotto. He spent less than one hour in the ring to dispatch his two foes.

His combined payday for the bouts: $85 million.

That helped make Mayweather the world’s highest-paid athlete over the past year, unseating Tiger Woods, who has been the top-earner since 2001. Woods ranks third this year with earnings of $59.4 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/06/18/mayweather-tops-list-of-the-worlds-100-highest-paid-athletes/

So which would rather do? At first I was thinking golf...but then you'd be travelling all the time. Mayweather while he is training all the time can set his own schedule and just show up a couple of times a year to punch people in the head. Of course with him going to jail that's going to hurt his income for next year. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll take golf.

One year hit wonder, make what - 80 mil or whatever then retire.

I could live fairly comfortably on the interest generated from that, I am trailer trash btw.

Golf - I'm golfing in a fundraising tourney this weekend. Haven't golfed in years. Beer will be required.

Conley
07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Hmm good point, you could do either one for a year and then quit. Travelling for just a year would be cool, seeing new places. Ok, I'm convinced.

Beer is required every weekend but I can see how extra would be needed for this kind of strenuous physical activity. :laugh: Can you get busted for driving the cart buzzed?

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 09:54 PM
If I could do either one for a year, I'll still pick golf.

While, all things considered, I would highly consider getting the fuck beat out of me for an 80 mil payout, I would rather whack a little white ball around an over-tended garden and collect my check.

Conley
07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
But you'd only get the tar beat out of you on two days for that 80M. I'm a wuss so I'd probably go with the golf but the 2 day work year is appealing (even though you'd have to train).

Goldie Locks
07-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Defiantly golf.

RollingWave
07-12-2012, 03:36 AM
The training and risk involved in becomming a great boxer is generally reflected in their pay.. just take a look at Ali today and take a look at most other successful retired athelete of other sports, I doubt any of them want to trade places with him :(

Cigar
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
There’s a reason they call boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. “Money.” He fought twice during the past 12 months, knocking out Victor Ortiz in September and winning a unanimous decision in May against Miguel Cotto. He spent less than one hour in the ring to dispatch his two foes.

His combined payday for the bouts: $85 million.

That helped make Mayweather the world’s highest-paid athlete over the past year, unseating Tiger Woods, who has been the top-earner since 2001. Woods ranks third this year with earnings of $59.4 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/06/18/mayweather-tops-list-of-the-worlds-100-highest-paid-athletes/

So which would rather do? At first I was thinking golf...but then you'd be travelling all the time. Mayweather while he is training all the time can set his own schedule and just show up a couple of times a year to punch people in the head. Of course with him going to jail that's going to hurt his income for next year. :laugh:

He'll need every penny to stay out of Jail :)

Cigar
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
If I could do either one for a year, I'll still pick golf.

While, all things considered, I would highly consider getting the fuck beat out of me for an 80 mil payout, I would rather whack a little white ball around an over-tended garden and collect my check.

I'm looking to fill a 4'some ... :) :afro:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/ch_golf_body.jpg
http://connectionsmktg.com/coopershawk/CoopersHawk-golf.htm

Captain Obvious
07-15-2012, 08:57 AM
I just golfed in a fundraising tourny, haven't golfed for years.

Got an eagle though. Of course I used one of our "roll in" options.

Conley
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
What's a roll in?

Captain Obvious
07-16-2012, 08:46 PM
The game was a scramble and, for a donation our team bought some insurance. Basically we got one mulligan and one roll-in, where you can pick up the ball and toss it basically with no counted stroke.