PDA

View Full Version : Your Country For Sale

Conley
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
"Overall, 184 of 556, or about one-third of Obama bundlers or their spouses joined the administration in some role. But the percentages are much higher for the big-dollar bundlers. Nearly 80 percent of those who collected more than $500,000 for Obama took “key administration posts,” as defined by the White House. More than half the 24 ambassador nominees who were bundlers raised $500,000.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56993.html#ixzz1Q8ztPvAh

I encourage you all to read the whole article. Disgusting.

This is reality, money runs this country. It is what it is.

spunkloaf
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Money runs everything. That's the problem. And the only thing that keeps it working is our belief in the dollar. When the stocks tumble, it shows a weakening faith in the dollar.

GRUMPY
06-24-2011, 04:08 PM
well it would seem that our anointed one and his disciples are cashing in on hope and change.... ;)although it is telling that this is out of the politico....

Conley
06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
what's wrong with politico? do you prefer cbn? :)

GRUMPY
06-24-2011, 05:00 PM
what's wrong with politico? do you prefer cbn? :)

politico is a liberal org and was clearly in the tank during the 2008 election....since that time they have slowly begun to awake from the stupor that is liberalism......i did not say that anything was wrong with politico, if you want your news with a liberal slant go for it....what is your thing re the cbo, is this friday so you must be busting on christians today..... ::)

Conley
06-24-2011, 05:10 PM
nothing against christians at all, just against the hate that pat robertson spews and not a big fan of televangelists in general.

Conley
06-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Controversies surrounding Robertson include his earlier work as a faith healer,[33] his claim that some Protestant denominations harbor the spirit of the Antichrist,[34] and his claims of having the power to deflect hurricanes through prayer;[35] he has also denounced Hinduism as "demonic"[36] and Islam as "Satanic."[37] Robertson has issued multiple condemnations of feminism,[38] homosexuality,[39] abortion[40] and liberal college professors.[41] Robertson also had financial ties to former presidents Charles Taylor[42] of Liberia and Mobutu Sese Seko[24] of Zaire, both internationally denounced for their human rights violations. Robertson was criticized worldwide for his call for Hugo Chavez’s assassination[24] and for his remarks concerning Ariel Sharon's health as an act of God.[43]

The week of September 11, 2001, Robertson discussed the terror attacks with Jerry Falwell, who said that "the ACLU has to take a lot of blame for this" in addition to "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays, and the lesbians [who have] helped [the terror attacks of September 11th] happen." Robertson replied, "I totally concur."[44] Both evangelists came under attack from President George W. Bush for their statements,[45] for which they later issued apologies.[46]

Less than two weeks after Hurricane Katrina killed 1,836 people, Robertson implied on the September 12th broadcast of The 700 Club that the storm was God's punishment in response to America's abortion policy. He suggested that September 11 and the disaster in New Orleans "could... be connected in some way".[47]

On November 9, 2009, Robertson said that Islam is "a violent political system bent on the overthrow of the governments of the world and world domination." He went on to elaborate that "you're dealing with not a religion, you're dealing with a political system, and I think we should treat it as such, and treat its adherents as such as we would members of the communist party, members of some fascist group."[48]

Robertson's response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake also drew controversy and condemnation.[49][50] Robertson claimed that Haiti's founders had sworn a "pact to the Devil" in order to liberate themselves from the French slave owners and indirectly attributed the earthquake to the consequences of the Haitian people being "cursed" for doing so.[51][52] CBN later issued a statement saying that Robertson's comments "were based on the widely-discussed 1791 slave rebellion led by Dutty Boukman at Bois Caiman, where the slaves allegedly made a famous pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French."[53][54] Various prominent voices of mainline and evangelical[55] Christianity promptly denounced Robertson's remarks as false, untimely, insensitive, and not representative of Christian thought on the issue.[49][56]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson

GRUMPY
06-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Controversies surrounding Robertson include his earlier work as a faith healer,[33] his claim that some Protestant denominations harbor the spirit of the Antichrist,[34] and his claims of having the power to deflect hurricanes through prayer;[35] he has also denounced Hinduism as "demonic"[36] and Islam as "Satanic."[37] Robertson has issued multiple condemnations of feminism,[38] homosexuality,[39] abortion[40] and liberal college professors.[41] Robertson also had financial ties to former presidents Charles Taylor[42] of Liberia and Mobutu Sese Seko[24] of Zaire, both internationally denounced for their human rights violations. Robertson was criticized worldwide for his call for Hugo Chavez’s assassination[24] and for his remarks concerning Ariel Sharon's health as an act of God.[43]

The week of September 11, 2001, Robertson discussed the terror attacks with Jerry Falwell, who said that "the ACLU has to take a lot of blame for this" in addition to "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays, and the lesbians [who have] helped [the terror attacks of September 11th] happen." Robertson replied, "I totally concur."[44] Both evangelists came under attack from President George W. Bush for their statements,[45] for which they later issued apologies.[46]

Less than two weeks after Hurricane Katrina killed 1,836 people, Robertson implied on the September 12th broadcast of The 700 Club that the storm was God's punishment in response to America's abortion policy. He suggested that September 11 and the disaster in New Orleans "could... be connected in some way".[47]

On November 9, 2009, Robertson said that Islam is "a violent political system bent on the overthrow of the governments of the world and world domination." He went on to elaborate that "you're dealing with not a religion, you're dealing with a political system, and I think we should treat it as such, and treat its adherents as such as we would members of the communist party, members of some fascist group."[48]

Robertson's response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake also drew controversy and condemnation.[49][50] Robertson claimed that Haiti's founders had sworn a "pact to the Devil" in order to liberate themselves from the French slave owners and indirectly attributed the earthquake to the consequences of the Haitian people being "cursed" for doing so.[51][52] CBN later issued a statement saying that Robertson's comments "were based on the widely-discussed 1791 slave rebellion led by Dutty Boukman at Bois Caiman, where the slaves allegedly made a famous pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French."[53][54] Various prominent voices of mainline and evangelical[55] Christianity promptly denounced Robertson's remarks as false, untimely, insensitive, and not representative of Christian thought on the issue.[49][56]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson

without taking the time to fact check i would note that wikipedia is not in all cases the strongest of sources.....so pat robertson is nuts is that about the size of it.....of course he had a few things right, i mean islam is violent or at least a whole lot of the practitioners of the religion of peace seem to believe that islam tells them to green light damn near everyone else...feminism is destructive, homosexuality is a mental disorder and abortion is morally repugnant....but i do agree if you are stating that robertson is whack and so are most tv evangilists, although i have only a fleeting impression of either you must watch this stuff i guess...... ;)

Conley
06-24-2011, 06:26 PM
i didn't even put the best one -- robertson predicted the world would end in 1982. he was pretty certain about it.

just clarifying my position on cbn so you don't continue to attack my religion, which happens to be christianity.

thanks. ;) :-*

now would you like to get back to the subject at hand, which is the continued sale of political favors for this most wonderful country?

MMC
06-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Yeah same-o same-o with most pols. Just look at all that money they suck from the American People. Elections every two years off-setting and on the up and up. I mean we waste more on these damn elections than anywheres else with our budget. For what? So the pols get to clean our clocks while setting themselves up as an aristocracy.

GRUMPY
06-25-2011, 03:08 PM
i didn't even put the best one -- robertson predicted the world would end in 1982. he was pretty certain about it.

just clarifying my position on cbn so you don't continue to attack my religion, which happens to be christianity.

now would you like to get back to the subject at hand, which is the continued sale of political favors for this most wonderful country?

did not al gore predict the end of the world as well and did our most vaunted messiah and chief not claim that his election would cause the seas to quit rising or some such nonsense....

Conley
06-25-2011, 03:12 PM

did not al gore predict the end of the world as well and did our most vaunted messiah and chief not claim that his election would cause the seas to quit rising or some such nonsense....

your just proving my point...same reason i dont get my news from al gore's newsletter or obama's tv channel. let me know when you finish moving the goalposts and are ready to have an honest discussion :o ;)

GRUMPY
06-25-2011, 05:12 PM

son if you review this thread it was you that detoured down the cbn road not i....i merely asked why.....no one has attacked your religion....yet.....

Conley
06-26-2011, 10:32 AM
you attacked the source, chief. i just asked for more information.

now, getting back to the subject, i believe this selling of political favors has been going on long enough (starting with reagan and including the two dem presidents) that we're beyond the point of no return. in general, the american people aren't paying attention to this, and by this time i'm not sure there's anything that could happen to get them to wake up. after one of the fcc leaders approving the comcast - nbc merger and then going to work for comcast a few months later, well, it doesn't get much more blatant than that.

Mister D
06-26-2011, 11:19 AM

now, getting back to the subject, i believe this selling of political favors has been going on long enough (starting with reagan and including the two dem presidents) that we're beyond the point of no return. in general, the american people aren't paying attention to this, and by this time i'm not sure there's anything that could happen to get them to wake up. after one of the fcc leaders approving the comcast - nbc merger and then going to work for comcast a few months later, well, it doesn't get much more blatant than that.

No, I suppose it doesn't get much more blatant than that. You'd think that would at least some ethical issues...

Conley
06-26-2011, 11:46 AM
The biggest thing both these parties have going for them is convincing sheeple that the other side is the more evil one. That, and "since they did it first, we can do it too and just blame the other party". Between the FCC-Verizon garbage and the stats I linked above, it's clear Obama has sold off large portions of the government. Now, he's not the first to do so but that is irrelevant, he should be investigated and tried. I think what this country really needs is a stronger and more distinct judicial branch, and also term limits on the SC justices. There are too many favors done with federally appointed judges and prosecutors, too much quid pro quo.

Mister D
06-26-2011, 02:16 PM
The biggest thing both these parties have going for them is convincing sheeple that the other side is the more evil one. That, and "since they did it first, we can do it too and just blame the other party". Between the FCC-Verizon garbage and the stats I linked above, it's clear Obama has sold off large portions of the government. Now, he's not the first to do so but that is irrelevant, he should be investigated and tried. I think what this country really needs is a stronger and more distinct judicial branch, and also term limits on the SC justices. There are too many favors done with federally appointed judges and prosecutors, too much quid pro quo.

I agree. I don't how many empty tu toque arguments I've seen lately. The GOP versus Democrats serves as a distraction at times and can't help but suspect it's designed to be.

Conley
06-26-2011, 02:24 PM

I agree. I don't how many empty tu toque arguments I've seen lately. The GOP versus Democrats serves as a distraction at times and can't help but suspect it's designed to be.

Wow D, didn't know you felt that way. I agree 100%. It's so easy for partisans to dismiss that as 'conspiracy theory'. It's not, it's just intelligence on the part of the people who run things. It's not a conspiracy to believe they do this to keep power. Same as individuals / corporations giving to both sides of the aisle. I think once (if ever?) people wake up to that fact and start recognizing the crimes of both parties, real reform will have a chance.

Mister D
06-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Wow D, didn't know you felt that way. I agree 100%. It's so easy for partisans to dismiss that as 'conspiracy theory'. It's not, it's just intelligence on the part of the people who run things. It's not a conspiracy to believe they do this to keep power. Same as individuals / corporations giving to both sides of the aisle. I think once (if ever?) people wake up to that fact and start recognizing the crimes of both parties, real reform will have a chance.

That's not to say that the parties don't have ideological differences. I voted for McCain even though he is, IMO, a liberal. On the other hand, it's clear to me that the established parties work in tandem to protect their monopoly on political power. As for corps., you're right. They would be foolish to put all their eggs in one basket. Both parties are up to their eyeballs in corporate money. I guess what I'm saying is that on some level the interests of the GOP and the Democrats coincide.

MMC
06-26-2011, 06:32 PM

I would agree with you Conley.....No judges should have Life-Time appointments. Also I think Judges should be elected. Not appointed. Also there is the matter of Associate Judges and how they get to conduct the Buisness of the Court as well as handle the garbage division.....Aka Divirce Court.

I jumped Senator Sessions on his web-site and with a phone call for not fighting that shit on Kagen. Now that was a joke. To put another Clinton-Crat somewhere in government and or the World of Media. Time to wake up and drive these people out of government. For it is not about service to the Country when it comes to the Clintons.

I am still wondering if that was the deal made with Obama during his 2008 election. Hillary steps back and all those that use to be with the Clintons, get jobs. Well, other than the NY Wiener-man. ::)

spunkloaf
06-26-2011, 07:03 PM

I've said this for awhile. I still can't help but lean left, and support people who advertise themselves as left...I think many people realize it's a stupid and unproductive habit to argue against opposing political parties and point fingers. But like smoking cigarettes or snorting cocaine, you do it anyways.

I think there must be some legitimacy to people having differing views, and I question whether there really is a correct answer to any of the political issues that divide us.

GRUMPY
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM

so the corrupting of our political system began with reagan or was it the day you were born genius....gee i heard that reagan created homelessness too....what is with the left....elect individuals with character and don't sell your vote.....

Conley
06-27-2011, 12:37 PM

I've said this for awhile. I still can't help but lean left, and support people who advertise themselves as left...I think many people realize it's a stupid and unproductive habit to argue against opposing political parties and point fingers. But like smoking cigarettes or snorting cocaine, you do it anyways.

I think there must be some legitimacy to people having differing views, and I question whether there really is a correct answer to any of the political issues that divide us.

Those are good points. I think in a lot of instances there is more common ground than people may realize. There is no 'correct answer' in my opinion but there are definitely some solutions that work better than others.