PDA

View Full Version : Obama 2012

Pendragon
08-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Why am I precluded from placing an Obama 2012 image in my signature?

Yes we can do it again.

wingrider
08-28-2011, 09:38 PM
do you know the difference between a blood sucking parasite and Obama?

obama carries a briefcase.

MMC
08-29-2011, 08:27 AM

Yes we can do it again.

UHM dunno.....could the economy, and involving the US into other Countries Civil-Wars, and that whole Global Agenda thing with a Citizen of the World BS; just might have something to do with it? Course realizing that he rides with the Corporatists to might cause you to look at things a bit differently.

Pendragon
08-29-2011, 05:42 PM
We are all citizens of the world.

That is simply fact.

What Civil Wars do you refer to?

Corporations are comprised of people. That's one thing that the anti-business angry Tea Partiers don't seem to get.

Mister D
08-29-2011, 05:49 PM

That is simply fact.

Corporations are comprised of people. That's one thing that the anti-business angry Tea Partiers don't seem to get.

Speak for yourself. I am a citizen of the United States.

Pendragon
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM

That is simply fact.

You may not like it but we are all citizens of Planet Earth, at least until space exploration advances sufficiently.

The problem with U.S. Foreign Policy is that the imperialists like yourself often forget we share this beautiful world with many other nations.

wingrider
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM

That is simply fact.

You may not like it but we are all citizens of Planet Earth, at least until space exploration advances sufficiently.

The problem with U.S. Foreign Policy is that the imperialists like yourself often forget we share this beautiful world with many other nations.

damn it I hit the thank you button instead of the quote button.. I take it back ,,

we are NOT citizens of the world,, we are all just members of the human race who happen to inhabit this rock,, you are probably one of those people who want a one world government and all that it entails, do you really want to give up the freedoms we enjoy as American citizens and the rights and priveledges afforded us in the bill of rights and the American Constitution and swear allegiance to whatever despot that the UN has empowered.

can admin please move that thankyou button to a different location?? that is 3 times I have done that. grrrrrrrrrrr

Mister D
08-29-2011, 07:24 PM

That is simply fact.

No, I may very well be an inhabitant of Earth but I am by no means a citizen thereof.

Indeed, we do share this Earth with many other nations. So what?

Pendragon
08-29-2011, 07:35 PM
I am grateful for the Thank You that you have bestowed up on me. I must say though that after that your post became more lacking in content and focus.

I do not see the UN empowering any despot other than American presidents, so please provide me with some suitable evidence to the contrary.

Furthermore there is a vast difference between supporting the rights of other human beings and suggesting we merge all government under the United Nations.

wingrider
08-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I am grateful for the Thank You that you have bestowed up on me. I must say though that after that your post became more lacking in content and focus.

I do not see the UN empowering any despot other than American presidents, so please provide me with some suitable evidence to the contrary.

Furthermore there is a vast difference between supporting the rights of other human beings and suggesting we merge all government under the United Nations.

that is the most rediculous thing I have read in a long time.

what makes you think that the EU will have an American as the President of the EU>

you do realize that by giving up American soveriegnity you lose the right to vote>
I will finsih this after while I have to leave right now BRB

Conley
08-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I haven't heard anything about the U.S. joining the E.U. but I have read about the creation of the N.A.U. along with Canada and Mexico. Sounds like that would NAFTA on steroids, even worse for us :-\

Mister D
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
I haven't heard anything about the U.S. joining the E.U. but I have read about the creation of the N.A.U. along with Canada and Mexico. Sounds like that would NAFTA on steroids, even worse for us :-\

A union with a poor, under developed country... ::)

Pendragon
08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Now you are speaking my language. A North American Union would be ideal. It would also help the poor on both sides of U.S. Mexico border.

No sir, no poor, under developed countries here, just equality for all and less of an emphasis nationality.

Welcome to the future!

Mister D
08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Now you are speaking my language. A North American Union would be ideal. It would also help the poor on both sides of U.S. Mexico border.

No sir, no poor, under developed countries here, just equality for all and less of an emphasis nationality.

Welcome to the future!

Spanish?

It would certainly benefit big business but would it be "ideal" for anyone else? Secondly, what in the world has any of this to do with equality? Be specific.

Pendragon
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM

Welcome to the future!

Spanish?

It would certainly benefit big business but would it be "ideal" for anyone else? Secondly, what in the world has any of this to do with equality? Be specific.

It would raise the standard of living in Mexico and give the impoverished there opportunities that they otherwise would not have. Instead of having to risk death by sneaking across the border they will now be able to travel freely.

Mister D
08-29-2011, 09:39 PM

Welcome to the future!

Spanish?

It would raise the standard of living in Mexico and give the impoverished there opportunities that they otherwise would not have. Instead of having to risk death by sneaking across the border they will now be able to travel freely.

Let's not pretend that the risks of crossing the border are high or that the process is difficult. That said, isn't it the responsibility of the Mexican government and the Mexican people to care for the welfare of Mexicans? I have no problem with a guest worker program so that Mexicans can pick lettuce (spare us your outrage-they aren't becoming accountants) but I fail to see how this is "ideal". Can you explain this to me? I fail to see how the migration of millions of uneducated and unskilled people is an "ideal" situation particularly when it drives the wages of the poorest Americans down. Don't you care about poor natives? Never mind the social tension, resentment, and greatly increased spending on education, prisons, and infrastructure.

wingrider
08-29-2011, 11:28 PM

now back to this statement .

pendragon I am sure you mean well and your heart is in a good place, but consider this.

never in the history of the EU has am american sat as president, what makes you think that it would change if we gave the soveriengity of this nation over to them?

point 2. WE would lose the bill of rights and the Constitution which is the law of this country and have to endorse a charter that is written by the EU

citizens of the United states would no longer vote for our representatives or president, they will be positions that will be filled at the whim of whomever is in charge at the time. would you want to be represented by someone from Iran , or ethiopia, or some other backwards country?

Allowing The EU to dictate terms and conditions for America is completly contrary to what this nation stands for.

any leader of this country who would give over the soveriegnity of this country to any other form of government is a traitor and will be dealt with as such.

are you willing to work for the kinds of wages they pay in Africa or China, ?

you need to really think about what you are saying.

MMC
08-30-2011, 09:47 AM

That is simply fact.

No, I may very well be an inhabitant of Earth but I am by no means a citizen thereof.

Exactly D.....an inhabitant of the planet. Not a Civilian and some One World Government.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 09:53 AM

That is simply fact.

Exactly D.....an inhabitant of the planet. Not a Civilian and some One World Government.

That citizen of the world stuff represents an ideological stance. No borders, no nations etc. of course they only areas actually affected by this insanity are western nations.

MMC
08-30-2011, 10:15 AM

That is simply fact.

That citizen of the world stuff represents an ideological stance. No borders, no nations etc. of course they only areas actually affected by this insanity are western nations.

Been watching to much of Star Trek and the Federation methinks. :D

Mister D
08-30-2011, 10:20 AM

That is simply fact.

Been watching to much of Star Trek and the Federation methinks. :D

;)

Pendragon
08-30-2011, 11:32 AM
This is absurd. Not once did I suggest that the United States would become part of the European Union. I doubt very much that they would want to extend membership anyway.

This is all an obfuscation by LoVE which the rest of you have fallen for. I will not accept these false allegations and accusations. I never suggested anything close to EU membership.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 11:36 AM
This is absurd. Not once did I suggest that the United States would become part of the European Union. I doubt very much that they would want to extend membership anyway.

This is all an obfuscation by LoVE which the rest of you have fallen for. I will not accept these false allegations and accusations. I never suggested anything close to EU membership.

I've said nothing about the E.U. but "citizen of the world" suggests that you dislike the nation state and do not believe borders etc. are legitimate. You said it. Not us.

Pendragon
08-30-2011, 12:27 PM

I've said nothing about the E.U. but "citizen of the world" suggests that you dislike the nation state and do not believe borders etc. are legitimate. You said it. Not us.

I am pleased to see you recognize LoVE's smoke screen.

One can be a citizen of the world and still be an American. Most of the members of the civilized world would consider themselves to be both citizens of their respective countries and this planet. It is only in the United States where we must confront such backward thinking.

Have you never heard of dual citizenship?

Furthermore, the concept of a world united is a metaphor and not to be taken literally with some Supreme Commander ruling the planet. That is too much of a fantasy even by my standards.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 12:46 PM

I am pleased to see you recognize LoVE's smoke screen.

One can be a citizen of the world and still be an American. Most of the members of the civilized world would consider themselves to be both citizens of their respective countries and this planet. It is only in the United States where we must confront such backward thinking.

Have you never heard of dual citizenship?

Furthermore, the concept of a world united is a metaphor and not to be taken literally with some Supreme Commander ruling the planet. That is too much of a fantasy even by my standards.

Dual citizenship is a concrete legal concept. What does it mean to be a citizen of the world? If you feel we have misunderstood then you should explain precisely what this means.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 12:47 PM
And, no, most people are not fond of such a concept.

MMC
08-30-2011, 01:45 PM
And, no, most people are not fond of such a concept.

Agreed there thats why there are still Blue-Dog Democrats. Yes this Citizen of the World concept needs to be explained clearly. ;)

Pendragon
08-30-2011, 01:55 PM
A citizen of the world i.e. a resident of Planet Earth. Some of you should visit some time.

What more needs to be said?

The United States and its citizens often live as if their actions have no consequences, when in fact everything you do directly impacts the rest of the planet. That cheap plastic toy you bought in Wal-Mart for your son? A ten year old in an Asian sweatshop with toxic living conditions made it so that you would save a few of your precious dollars. Driving an SUV with a whopping 12 miles per gallon fuel efficiency? Congratulations, you are polluting the air we all have to breathe. Putting your groceries in plastic bags? Those bags won't be appreciated by the next twenty generations who will have to deal with them filling up the landfills, choking wildlife and gumming up machinery.

This is what it means to be a citizen of the world. It is to be cognizant of all these things and be a good neighbor.

We are only on this planet a short time and we are caretakers, nothing more.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 02:01 PM
A citizen of the world i.e. a resident of Planet Earth. Some of you should visit some time.

What more needs to be said?

The United States and its citizens often live as if their actions have no consequences, when in fact everything you do directly impacts the rest of the planet. That cheap plastic toy you bought in Wal-Mart for your son? A ten year old in an Asian sweatshop with toxic living conditions made it so that you would save a few of your precious dollars. Driving an SUV with a whopping 12 miles per gallon fuel efficiency? Congratulations, you are polluting the air we all have to breathe. Putting your groceries in plastic bags? Those bags won't be appreciated by the next twenty generations who will have to deal with them filling up the landfills, choking wildlife and gumming up machinery.

This is what it means to be a citizen of the world. It is to be cognizant of all these things and be a good neighbor.

We are only on this planet a short time and we are caretakers, nothing more.

If "citizen of the world" simply means an inhabitant of Earth then it loses any meaning it might have had. I'm OK with that. It's just an empty phrase. Good.

If we stop buying cheap plastic toys those jobs will dry up and disappear. I suppose those Asians will be a lot better off, huh? Speaking of Asians, you do know that the Chinese and Indians put quite a bit of pollution into the air, right?

ADMIN
09-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Yes we can do it again.

Users may now place images in their signatures. That setting was turned off by default.

Pendragon
09-04-2011, 02:42 PM

Yes we can do it again.

Users may now place images in their signatures. That setting was turned off by default.

Excellent.