PDA

View Full Version : Israel — an Apartheid State?

Mister D
08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Dennis Prager tackles this lie pretty well.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/275823/israel-apartheid-state-dennis-prager
From 1948 to 1994, South Africa, the country that came up with this term, had an official policy that declared blacks second-class citizens in every aspect of that nation’s life. Among many other prohibitions on the country’s blacks, they could not vote; could not hold political office; were forced to reside in certain locations; could not marry whites; and couldn’t even use the same public restrooms as whites.

Not one of those restrictions applies to Arabs living in Israel.

One and a half million Arabs live in Israel, constituting about 20 percent of the country’s population. They have the same rights as all other Israeli citizens. They can vote, and they do. They can serve in the Israeli parliament, and they do. They can own property, businesses, and work in professions alongside other Israelis, and they do. They can be judges, and they are. Here’s one telling example: It was an Arab judge on Israel’s supreme court who sentenced the former president of Israel, a Jew, to jail on a rape charge.

Pendragon
08-30-2011, 01:13 PM
I will confess that in reading this piece I did find myself learning that which I did not already know.

Conley
08-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Good stuff D...excellent points about how and why Palestinians are treated as non-citizens. The border there certainly is unique in the difficulties it presents. I'd go so far as saying the Israelis have handled it as well as anyone could reasonably hope.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Good stuff D...excellent points about how and why Palestinians are treated as non-citizens. The border there certainly is unique in the difficulties it presents. I'd go so far as saying the Israelis have handled it as well as anyone could reasonably hope.

Agreed.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Mind you, I probably would have supported the South African state had I been old enough to genuinely understand what was going on. This is not to cast aspersions on the apartheid regime or at least not for me anyway. It's just to point out the clear distinctions between the two. Equating the two states is a calculated smear on the part of some and just plain ignorance on the part of many others.

Pendragon
08-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Mind you, I probably would have supported the South African state had I been old enough to genuinely understand what was going on. This is not to cast aspersions on the apartheid regime or at least not for me anyway. It's just to point out the clear distinctions between the two. Equating the two states is a calculated smear on the part of some and just plain ignorance on the part of many others.

You support apartheid?

Wow.

I can't say I am surprised but it's not often you hear people say that.

Mister D
08-30-2011, 06:38 PM

You support apartheid?

Wow.

As opposed to the alternative at the time (i.e. completely turning over a modern state to an uneducated population)? Of course.

Pendragon
08-30-2011, 06:49 PM

You support apartheid?

Wow.

As opposed to the alternative at the time (i.e. completely turning over a modern state to an uneducated population)? Of course.

Who do you think was responsible for the lack of education?

By that argument slavery should never have been overturned.

Do you think that perhaps there was a reason they were afforded an education?

Unbelieveable.

Mister D
08-31-2011, 08:02 AM

You support apartheid?

Wow.

Unbelieveable.

Yes, it is unbelievable that anyone in their right mind would want to turn over a modern state to an uneducated mass. You're right. That's just crazy but we know that liberals don't think. They feel. Secondly, what about slavery? You're babbling Pen.

MMC
08-31-2011, 08:24 AM

You support apartheid?

Wow.

Unbelieveable.

Yes, it is unbelievable that anyone in their right mind would want to turn over a modern state to an uneducated mass. You're right. That's just crazy but we know that liberals don't think. They feel. Secondly, what about slavery? You're babbling Pen.

Well thats most liberals D.....liberal elites want to do everybodies thinking for them.

Meet the Liberal Elite! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZrqdZFFb5c#)

This is excellent when discussing their points.

MMC
08-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Heya D....did you hear Israel is sending a fleet out and now the Iranians are sending their 15th fleet over to Gaza. This could get ugly fast. They were saying already it is stirring more tensions.

Mister D
08-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Heya D....did you hear Israel is sending a fleet out and now the Iranians are sending their 15th fleet over to Gaza. This could get ugly fast. They were saying already it is stirring more tensions.

It sure sounds like it could. :o I am surprised, however, thast Iran has 15 fleets.

Mister D
08-31-2011, 09:17 AM
YOu have a link for this? Just curious to read some more.

Conley
08-31-2011, 09:21 AM

It sure sounds like it could. :o I am surprised, however, thast Iran has 15 fleets.

:D

Yeah I saw that...Iran said they were sending their ships in an effort to show peace to the international community ::) :D

Also there was a photo of Ahmedinijad getting into a submarine that looked like one of those homemade contraptions they use to smuggle stuff across the Gulf.

It was like a Fisher Price "My First Submarine" toy.

Lemme see if I can find it...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/30/israel-sends-more-warships-to-egyptian-border/

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/24012010/3258890/2wa.jpg

:o :o :o

Conley
08-31-2011, 09:22 AM
It's a one man sub -- basically he just hunches down and then they close the lid real tightly on him. Like Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street. ;D

MMC
08-31-2011, 09:43 AM

No I havent looked yet.....coming in they broadcasted it on WBBM radio. I was dealing with another matter so I got sidetracked.

Mister D
08-31-2011, 10:05 AM

:D

Yeah I saw that...Iran said they were sending their ships in an effort to show peace to the international community ::) :D

Also there was a photo of Ahmedinijad getting into a submarine that looked like one of those homemade contraptions they use to smuggle stuff across the Gulf.

It was like a Fisher Price "My First Submarine" toy.

Lemme see if I can find it...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/30/israel-sends-more-warships-to-egyptian-border/

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/24012010/3258890/2wa.jpg

:o :o :o

:roflmao: State of the art, no doubt!

Mister D
08-31-2011, 10:06 AM

No I havent looked yet.....coming in they broadcasted it on WBBM radio. I was dealing with another matter so I got sidetracked.

If it's accurate it will be on the news soon enough I guess.

MMC
08-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Here ya go D..... ;)

Israel sent two more warships to the Red Sea border with Egypt, the military said Tuesday, part of a military reinforcement there following warnings that militants are planning another attack on southern Israel from Egyptian soil. This comes as Iran's Press TV reports that Tehran has decided to send the 15th fleet to the Red Sea, ynetnews.com reports.

The presence of Iran's army in the high seas will convey the message of peace and friendship to all countries," he said, according to the website.

Earlier this week, Israel's military ordered more troops to the border area following intelligence reports of an impending attack, days after militants crossed into Israel through the Egyptian border and killed eight Israelis in a brazen attack that touched off a wave of violence between Israel and militants in the Gaza Strip....snip~

MMC
08-31-2011, 10:14 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/World/396/223/083011_israel.jpg

Aug. 19: Israeli soldiers secure the area near roads leading to the sites of several attacks in the Arava desert, near the southern Israeli resort town of Eilat.

Conley
08-31-2011, 10:21 AM

It is being widely reported from many different outlets...I believe it is reliable.

Mister D
08-31-2011, 10:27 AM

It is being widely reported from many different outlets...I believe it is reliable.

I'll check it out

Juggernaut
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Apartheid State is a ridiculous comparison. I was sympathetic to south Africans to a certain degree but only with the human rights issues. These people put themselves in the situation they are still in, though things a slightly better it doesn't compare to being surrounded by extremist muslims. Its like comparing Greneda to the Iraq war, just a dumb liberal rant designed to turn liberals even more against Israel. Good debunking.