PDA

View Full Version : our flag

ernie
06-17-2015, 05:15 AM
Us older guys know about this and respect it.11827

GrassrootsConservative
06-17-2015, 05:18 AM
I'm young and I'm aware of this and respect the flag, too.

Private Pickle
06-17-2015, 07:22 AM
SCOTUS ruled on this in the 80's. Freedom is a bitch....especially to you old guys...

Common
06-17-2015, 07:49 AM
SCOTUS ruled on this in the 80's. Freedom is a bitch....especially to you old guys...

So your saying if someone is older and respects our flag and finds it disgusting that shitbags are allowed to descecrate it FOR NO PURPOSE, then were what ? out of touch ? crazy

There is no protest or purpose to desecrate our flag. There is nothing to gain

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 07:53 AM
I have mixed feelings on this.

Jingoism is horseshit IMO but at the same time most of those people burning flags are nutless hypocrites. If they hated this country so much they're welcome to leave it and funny, none of them do.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 07:54 AM
I also think that people who get obsessed with symbols are disingenuous because to them the symbol is far more important than the reality behind it.

PolWatch
06-17-2015, 08:00 AM
I also think that people who get obsessed with symbols are disingenuous because to them the symbol is far more important than the reality behind it.

does that mean you don't believe wearing a flag pin is proof of patriotism?

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 08:02 AM
does that mean you don't believe wearing a flag pin is proof of patriotism?

Exactly, I think it's actually kind of obnoxious to wear flag pins.

Safety
06-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Exactly, I think it's actually kind of obnoxious to wear flag pins.

hippy.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 08:06 AM
hippy.

I would have made a good hippie I think.

Safety
06-17-2015, 08:08 AM
I would have made a good hippie I think.

Is there such a thing as a bad one? :biglaugh:

Would Mac qualify?

PolWatch
06-17-2015, 08:26 AM
I prefer to describe myself as a flower child, gone to seed.

Capt ain't a hippy....its just those pants make him look hippy....:grin:

Private Pickle
06-17-2015, 08:37 AM
So your saying if someone is older and respects our flag and finds it disgusting that shitbags are allowed to descecrate it FOR NO PURPOSE, then were what ? out of touch ? crazy

There is no protest or purpose to desecrate our flag. There is nothing to gain

You don't have to like what comes out of Freedom... If something someone says or does while exercising their 1st Amendment rights offends you then look away.

Common
06-17-2015, 08:56 AM
You don't have to like what comes out of Freedom... If something someone says or does while exercising their 1st Amendment rights offends you then look away.

I am all for freedom and 1st amendment rights. When they have a purpose, when they intent of the protest at least has meaning.

Burning the flag has no purpose, accomplishs no goals.

People that minimize the symbol of the flag and the wearing of flag symbols are most always those that never served their country and dont understand that motivation behind the passion.

Those that gave "ALL" have their coffins draped in that symbol for that was what they died for. Soldiers do not die for the politicians that sent them to war.

I dont expect anyone else to agree with me or accept my opinion but its mine.

Private Pickle
06-17-2015, 09:04 AM
I am all for freedom and 1st amendment rights. When they have a purpose, when they intent of the protest at least has meaning.

Burning the flag has no purpose, accomplishs no goals.

People that minimize the symbol of the flag and the wearing of flag symbols are most always those that never served their country and dont understand that motivation behind the passion.

Those that gave "ALL" have their coffins draped in that symbol for that was what they died for. Soldiers do not die for the politicians that sent them to war.

I dont expect anyone else to agree with me or accept my opinion but its mine.

It doesn't have to have meaning to you. That's the point.

ernie
06-17-2015, 10:16 AM
i feel the same way. All i can say is i hope i'm never in the presence of some stomping on burning my flag

Safety
06-17-2015, 10:21 AM
i feel the same way. All i can say is i hope i'm never in the presence of some stomping on burning my flag

If it is your flag, they would be guilty of vandalism of private property, call the police.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 10:32 AM

There's worse things...

magicmike
06-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Us older guys know about this and respect it.11827

I agree.

http://i.imgur.com/H1Jiwsa.jpg

magicmike
06-17-2015, 11:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cUg2DP6.jpg

GrassrootsConservative
06-17-2015, 12:15 PM
I agree.

http://i.imgur.com/H1Jiwsa.jpg

For some people the issue is just another partisan talking point.

The Sage of Main Street
06-17-2015, 02:58 PM
So your saying if someone is older and respects our flag and finds it disgusting that $#@!bags are allowed to descecrate it FOR NO PURPOSE, then were what ? out of touch ? crazy

There is no protest or purpose to desecrate our flag. There is nothing to gain It's as if there were two sides at a Baptist convention and the side that lost the vote on a change in Baptist policy burned the Bible in protest.

Private Pickle
06-17-2015, 03:01 PM

Let me know where you are and I'll light one up in front of you.

ernie
06-19-2015, 12:15 PM
NO! I feel i might need to use my 2nd amendment, that i fought for

ernie
06-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Let me know where you are and I'll light one up in front of you.
Coila, ms. 38923. 6622376825, come and burn your flag in front of me.

Private Pickle
06-19-2015, 12:20 PM
NO! I feel i might need to use my 2nd amendment, that i fought for

And to prison you would go. You fought for their right to burn the flag. Hate to break it to you.

ernie
06-19-2015, 12:22 PM
And to prison you would go. You fought for their right to burn the flag. Hate to break it to you.
you need to come see me and we can talk, but first you should show your face

gamewell45
06-19-2015, 12:28 PM
If you catch them burning the flag, make sure they are arrested for arson.

Private Pickle
06-19-2015, 12:28 PM
you need to come see me and we can talk, but first you should show your face

Interwebz tough guys abound. Lovez u!

gamewell45
06-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Coila, ms. 38923. 6622376825, come and burn your flag in front of me.

Ernie, you must learn to subdue your passions otherwise it will become your undoing.

Captain Obvious
06-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Ernie, you must learn to subdue your passions otherwise it will become your undoing.

Ernie will never get this but he gets this reaction from everyone he encounters because he's an angry, introverted moron.

Common
06-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Ernie is obviously a combat vet its a matter of deep passion for him. Those that have never served need to remember that ALL those that gave all are draped in our flag to honor them and what they fought for.

Ethereal
06-19-2015, 12:34 PM

It's not your flag. It belongs to whoever purchased it. It's called "private property" and "freedom of expression" and it's what American revolutionaries fought and died for. Show some respect.

Ethereal
06-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Ernie is obviously a combat vet its a matter of deep passion for him. Those that have never served need to remember that ALL those that gave all are draped in our flag to honor them and what they fought for.

I'm a combat veteran and I think Ernie is full of crap and is attacking the fundamental values of LIBERTY that this country was founded on.

Common
06-19-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm a combat veteran and I think Ernie is full of crap and is attacking the fundamental values of LIBERTY that this country was founded on.

Im a combat vet and I couldnt disagree with you more and thats all I have to say or will say

Ethereal
06-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Im a combat vet and I couldnt disagree with you more and thats all I have to say or will say

So you think it's consistent with the American conception of liberty to prevent someone from burning a US flag?

What about private property rights and freedom of expression? You just want to throw those values into the trash?

ernie
06-19-2015, 02:45 PM
It's not your flag. It belongs to whoever purchased it. It's called "private property" and "freedom of expression" and it's what American revolutionaries fought and died for. Show some respect.
can you read 11857

Ethereal
06-19-2015, 02:47 PM
can you read 11857

Unconstitutional crap that no one is obligated to obey.

Bob
06-19-2015, 02:52 PM
So you think it's consistent with the American conception of liberty to prevent someone from burning a US flag?

What about private property rights and freedom of expression? You just want to throw those values into the trash?

I own two American flags with the stars and bars.

I purchased both. Were I to tear either or both up and use them for grease rags, it is my private property.

In short, I agree with Ethereal.

I am sure were I to wipe my butt with my confederate flag, also my right,. few would mind.

ernie
06-19-2015, 05:30 PM
so you can't read !

Captain Obvious
06-19-2015, 05:37 PM
so you can't read !

So you can't comprehend?