PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

Captain Obvious
08-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Fuck Irene, got chased off of Cape Hatteras a few days early.

I'm back, got some catching up to do.

Conley
08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Nice! Thanks for checking in...we talked about you during Irene and were wondering if that was around the time you were going to be in OBX.

Glad you got out of there in one piece!

Conley
08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y4TrI.gif

I'd been saving that one but fuck it, figure you'd appreciate it. ;D

Captain Obvious
08-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Got a couple days on the beach in. Just like anything else, they blew it way out of proportion. After Katrina, nobody wants to get caught holding the bag so they over-compensate in the other direction. They started evacuating fucking Ocracoke on Tuesday.

I was down at the bait shop on Wednesday and I ran into the sheriff. Asked him when evacuations were going to start and he said they wanted everyone off the island at 5am on Friday. No problemo, we'll hit the road at 2am or something like that.

So we're planning a Thursday day at the aquarium and the all-you-can-eat seafood bufffet (the one we wanted to go was on Ocracoke but that required a ferry ride and since they evacuated Ocracoke, fuck it - out of the question). Thursday morning I figured I'd call the rental agency to see if anyone shit the bed overnight and yeah, they wanted us out by 11am Thursday, It was 10am. So we packed up and got out around noon. Got on Travelocity and rented a (of course Pakistani managed) shithole dump in somewhere Maryland halfway up and started the trek,

They were evacuating the entire east coast so we were fucked, sat in traffic a lot. Took us 18 hours to drive down there and probably 24 hours over two days getting back. They evacuated NJ (hey D), VA beach, NYC - I was in my brandy new truck on 95 in NYC - what a fucking treat. 3 lanes of highway traffic jam all 3 feet wide and I'm between two semi's and a bunch of neurotic NYC assholes who enjoy playing frogger real time. Had my 17yr old drive it down to the gas station on Wednesday since I was drunk and he took some guy's rear view mirror out. No damage to my truck but I had to deal with a pissed off Ted Nugent type who decided to just fix it himself. Fucking choad.

Best part - there was a restaurant that we've been going to down there on Manteo Island every year for the past 25 years or so - one of the first brewpubs that hit the scene way back - the Weeping Radish. German place, great beer. They shut down on Manteo about 5 years ago but they opened a place in NC inland, too far to drive. I noticed a place about a half hour north of Nags Head that they just opened but wifey said it was too far to drive from where we were staying. We got to stop there on the way out but NC was under a state of emergency and they shut down alcohol sales during this type of event. Fucking bureaucrats.

Conley
08-30-2011, 08:07 PM
:D

That's quite a story. At least you were able to get drunk a couple of nights. The rest sounds like a pain in the ass.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah, wasn't the first time we got chased off of the island by a hurricane. Got chased off a while back by Felix. Drove through Bertha on the way down there one year but that's another story.

What's going on with the forum? Anything new?

Conley
08-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah, wasn't the first time we got chased off of the island by a hurricane. Got chased off a while back by Felix. Drove through Bertha on the way down there one year but that's another story.

What's going on with the forum? Anything new?

Not a whole lot...no clue why MMC and D aren't on, they're here every night. Well MMC had a doctor's appointment but as far as I know he's doing ok. Pen has been posting up liberal stuff...LoVE is on a lot more too. It's definitely been improving the last couple of weeks, slowly but surely.

MMC
08-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Wb Cap glad you are okay bro..... ;)

MMC
08-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Well the Doc took a biopsy of some skin with the hives that just broke out on my leg. Says he should have results in ten days. Won't give me anything for the itching except some topical creme that doesnt do shit. Said they will run it thru the allergy stuff to. He thinks we will know for certain after these two tests. but he ruled out and Shingles or Bites of any kind. He says it could be drom a drug reaction but usually after a couple of weeks such would be gone.

I just hope he doesnt come back with now I am allergic to cats or a dog. As I have had them my whole life. There is no Way I am giving up my Baby. I saved her life and the responsibilty is mine. I will not give her up even if i am allergic to such. I would rather suffer than have to give her up.

All went well with the Surgery and the scar is healing fine. Tomorrow morning I go to the hand Doctor. Then I got an upcoming Dental visit which is going to start a host of other things. :-\

wingrider
08-31-2011, 12:00 AM
welcome back bro glad to see you are ok

MMC
08-31-2011, 12:15 AM

Didnt know if ya was talking to me or the Cap LoVE..... :D
So I gave a thanks anyways!

MMC
08-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Okay I got to head to the Warehouse.....see ya during the daylight.

wingrider
08-31-2011, 01:37 AM

Didnt know if ya was talking to me or the Cap LoVE..... :D
So I gave a thanks anyways!

actually was talking to the cap.. but welcome back to you alos and hope your medical condition goes away without any problems.

Mister D
08-31-2011, 07:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Y4TrI.gif

TYhat's awesome. ;D 8)

Mister D
08-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Got a couple days on the beach in. Just like anything else, they blew it way out of proportion. After Katrina, nobody wants to get caught holding the bag so they over-compensate in the other direction. They started evacuating fucking Ocracoke on Tuesday.

I was down at the bait shop on Wednesday and I ran into the sheriff. Asked him when evacuations were going to start and he said they wanted everyone off the island at 5am on Friday. No problemo, we'll hit the road at 2am or something like that.

So we're planning a Thursday day at the aquarium and the all-you-can-eat seafood bufffet (the one we wanted to go was on Ocracoke but that required a ferry ride and since they evacuated Ocracoke, fuck it - out of the question). Thursday morning I figured I'd call the rental agency to see if anyone shit the bed overnight and yeah, they wanted us out by 11am Thursday, It was 10am. So we packed up and got out around noon. Got on Travelocity and rented a (of course Pakistani managed) shithole dump in somewhere Maryland halfway up and started the trek,

They were evacuating the entire east coast so we were fucked, sat in traffic a lot. Took us 18 hours to drive down there and probably 24 hours over two days getting back. They evacuated NJ (hey D), VA beach, NYC - I was in my brandy new truck on 95 in NYC - what a fucking treat. 3 lanes of highway traffic jam all 3 feet wide and I'm between two semi's and a bunch of neurotic NYC assholes who enjoy playing frogger real time. Had my 17yr old drive it down to the gas station on Wednesday since I was drunk and he took some guy's rear view mirror out. No damage to my truck but I had to deal with a pissed off Ted Nugent type who decided to just fix it himself. Fucking choad.

Best part - there was a restaurant that we've been going to down there on Manteo Island every year for the past 25 years or so - one of the first brewpubs that hit the scene way back - the Weeping Radish. German place, great beer. They shut down on Manteo about 5 years ago but they opened a place in NC inland, too far to drive. I noticed a place about a half hour north of Nags Head that they just opened but wifey said it was too far to drive from where we were staying. We got to stop there on the way out but NC was under a state of emergency and they shut down alcohol sales during this type of event. Fucking bureaucrats.

I was thinking the same thing about over compensation. No one wants to get caught unprepared. The political fallout would be devastating.

Conley
08-31-2011, 09:24 AM

TYhat's awesome. ;D 8)

Aint it? I need to do a Western Weekend sometime soon in the Conley/Conlette house.

MMC
08-31-2011, 09:49 AM

TYhat's awesome. ;D 8)

Aint it? I need to do a Western Weekend sometime soon in the Conley/Conlette house.

Just as long as you aint the bartender.....we got to have enough to go around. Guess you gonna need a card shark/erm I mean, dealer then. ;D

Mister D
08-31-2011, 10:04 AM

TYhat's awesome. ;D 8)

I Spaghetti Western weekend. Sounds cool. 8) Start with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

MMC
08-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Trinity shuffles cards (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2wtB0eXk_4#ws)

Trinity Slaps and Fast draw LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70GP8K_DO8#ws)

Either way their all good. :D