PDA

View Full Version : Warning: White Privilege

Pages : 1 [2]

Common
09-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I don't doubt that whites favor other whites whether consciously or unconsciously but we don't call that Chinese privilege in China or black privilege in Zimbabwe. Catch my drift? White America is downright pathological.

Whatever you call it, it amounts to an advantage correct ? I agree the white privledge thing is overplayed. Everything racial in the US is overplayed but that doesnt change in the end it does exist though.

If it was reversed it would be black privledge.

texan
09-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Hey here is another novel idea, don't run around with drugs and guns screwing with the law and you won't get shot with your hands up or down!

Is everyone really this stupid?

Cigar
09-02-2015, 03:34 PM
No of course not, but the barriers have collapsed. They can achieve a CEO position, Carly Fiorina for example. The glass ceiling is broken and now it's up to the individual to get there.

Same for the race issue. Success is based on the individuals skills, education, personality, drive, etc. Color is out of the equation now.

I agree ... in part, it would be great if individuals skills, education, personality, drive and motivation was all anyone ever needed to get ahead.

But then we all live in world where people have preconceived opinions ... all you have to do is read many of the Threads on this Forum.

Safety
09-02-2015, 03:39 PM
I agree ... in part, it would be great if individuals skills, education, personality, drive and motivation was all anyone ever needed to get ahead.

But then we all live in world where people have preconceived opinions ... all you have to go is read many of the Threads on this Forum.

Yea, that is pretty true. A black person snatching a purse now is justifications for white people to be afraid of blacks....stuff like that.

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 03:41 PM
That was true years ago, very true, but not any longer. We have a president who is a person of color, privilege is no longer limited to the white race.

We have non-white millionaires, billionaires, governors, mayors, corporate CEO's, Oscar winners, Nobel Prize winners, Generals, scientists, astronauts.

Very few and far between, yes.

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Yea, that is pretty true. A black person snatching a purse now is justifications for white people to be afraid of blacks....stuff like that.

Yup.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Whatever you call it, it amounts to an advantage correct ? I agree the white privledge thing is overplayed. Everything racial in the US is overplayed but that doesnt change in the end it does exist though.

If it was reversed it would be black privledge.

Sometimes, I suppose it does. Other times not so much. It's not so much that it's overplayed. It's that it's stupid. We're the only people who do this to ourselves.

White people...:rollseyes: I swear.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 03:45 PM

Everyone is more wary of blacks including other blacks.

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Cry me a river with this BS!

Take care of your business get educated work hard and you don't need this crutch no matter your color.

Such Horse-crap.

...says the angry white dude.

Safety
09-02-2015, 03:47 PM

So, either it is about skin color, or is it like the other member suggested, it's not about skin color. Can't be both.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 03:48 PM
So, either it is about skin color, or is it like the other member suggested, it's not about skin color. Can't be both.

No, it's about crime statistics and neighborhoods that everyone knows are dangerous. It is what it is, Safety. Not my doing.

Safety
09-02-2015, 03:50 PM
No, it's about crime statistics and neighborhoods that everyone knows are dangerous. It is what it is, Safety. Not my doing.

...you didn't answer, crime stats are used as a tool to marginalize people. Is it about race, or is it not?

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Is it just me or is it sad that you had to ask that?

Kinda like: thanks to Obama there will not be another black president for XXX years.....but it's not because he's black.

WTF???

Safety
09-02-2015, 03:51 PM

Kinda like: thanks to Obama there will not be another black president for XXX years.....but it's not because he's black.

WTF???

It's like, people seem to want to say things that they know isn't true.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 03:53 PM

WTF???

Wut

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 03:53 PM
It's like, people seem to want to say things that they know isn't true.

I know. It's just amazing. They want to talk out of both sides of their mouths not realizing as they do so it makes the whole mouth move.

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Wut

Don't wut me. You know exactly what I mean.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 03:54 PM

He knows so much about Black People ... sometimes I wonder if he's keeping something from us. :laugh:

Mister D
09-02-2015, 03:55 PM
...you didn't answer, crime stats are used as a tool to marginalize people. Is it about race, or is it not?

I have no idea who or what your question pertains to. Could you be more specific? In any case, wariness of black males marginalizes them? here's an idea: they should commit less crime so people of all colors will be less wary.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Don't wut me. You know exactly what I mean.

No, I really don't.

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 03:56 PM
I have no idea who or what your question pertains to. Could you be more specific? In any case, wariness of black males marginalizes them? here's an idea: they should commit less crime so people of all colors will be less wary.

So all black males are guilty by association? Gee, I wonder if that perpetuates anything? Hmmm.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 03:56 PM
So all black males are guilty by association? Gee, I wonder if that perpetuates anything? Hmmm.

No. Who said they were?

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 03:57 PM
No. Who said they were?

You inferred it. "they should commit less crime so people of all colors will be less wary."

Cigar
09-02-2015, 03:57 PM

WTF???

He's not only ignorant to demographics, he's Ignorant to his own demographics .... but don't worry, there' another Autopsy due in 2017 :laugh:

Cigar
09-02-2015, 03:59 PM

Ask him about pedophiles .. I'm sure he has the statistics right on the tip of his tongue :laugh: no pun intended :tongue:

Safety
09-02-2015, 04:00 PM

If you truly believe that, then will you also agree that part of the reason for the amount of crimes committed today by blacks is a product of marginalization of blacks as a whole throughout the history in this country? Or do you contribute it to something more......deeper?

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 04:02 PM
If you truly believe that, then will you also agree that part of the reason for the amount of crimes committed today by blacks is a product of marginalization of blacks as a whole throughout the history in this country? Or do you contribute it to something more......deeper?

Of course he does.

People don't post topics from the Occidental Observer because they enjoy their travel and leisure section.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 04:02 PM
You inferred it. "they should commit less crime so people of all colors will be less wary."

No you inferred it. I made statement. One does not infer something from his own statement.

Anyway, if black males want to complain about the wariness people of all colors feel around groups of them perhaps they should work on the violence that has become associated with their communities. Bitching and moaning hasn't worked. That's for sure.

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 04:04 PM
No you inferred it. I made statement. One does not infer something from his own statement.

Anyway, if black males want to complain about the wariness people of all colors feel around groups of them perhaps they should work on the violence that has become associated with their communities. Bitching and moaning hasn't worked. That's for sure.

My apologies. Implied it.

Mister D

It's irrelevant. I don't care if the brothuz in question had bad mommies, run away dads, or were traumatized by watching Roots. As far as their safety is concerned people don't care what makes predators predators.

Mister D
My apologies. Implied it.

No, I didn't

Mister D
09-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Of course he does.

People don't post topics from the Occidental Observer because they enjoy their travel and leisure section.

Common resorts to ad hom as usual. :rollseyes:

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 04:05 PM
No, I didn't

You did. Well I inferred it.

;)

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 04:06 PM

It's not ad hom. It's what I believe to be true.

Or do you believe that blacks and whites are intellectually equal on average?

Safety
09-02-2015, 04:09 PM
It's irrelevant. I don't care if the brothuz in question had bad mommies, run away dads, or were traumatized by watching Roots. As far as their safety is concerned people don't care what makes predators predators.

I happen to think it's very relevant, especially when discussing whether or not such a thing as white privilege exists. I say that because, take for instance, a single "insert race" person in a room of whites, whatever that person does will be brought out in the forefront, irregardless whether or not others were doing the same thing. That is a product of having a white, hispanic, Asian, etc. majority. Privilege isn't something that will necessarily get you free tickets to the Knicks game, but more like the benefit of doubt given in any particular situation.

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 04:14 PM
I happen to think it's very relevant, especially when discussing whether or not such a thing as white privilege exists. I say that because, take for instance, a single "insert race" person in a room of whites, whatever that person does will be brought out in the forefront, irregardless whether or not others were doing the same thing. That is a product of having a white, hispanic, Asian, etc. majority. Privilege isn't something that will necessarily get you free tickets to the Knicks game, but more like the benefit of doubt given in any particular situation.

Exactly, well said.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I happen to think it's very relevant, especially when discussing whether or not such a thing as white privilege exists. I say that because, take for instance, a single "insert race" person in a room of whites, whatever that person does will be brought out in the forefront, irregardless whether or not others were doing the same thing. That is a product of having a white, hispanic, Asian, etc. majority. Privilege isn't something that will necessarily get you free tickets to the Knicks game, but more like the benefit of doubt given in any particular situation. Wow the last time I saw an Ass-Kicking like this, Sugar Ray was doing a Shuffle ... :grin:
https://youtu.be/U_gmZn9YlXs

Cigar
09-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Come-On Safety don't hit him with everything today, save some for tomorrow :laugh:

The Xl
09-02-2015, 04:23 PM
This racial privilege stuff is misleading, it's an attempt by the elites to cast poor/working/middle class blacks and whites against each other. Privilege is based mostly on economics and connections, period. Race can be an issue, but is low on the totem pole, I'd say even lower than looks. For example, everything else equal, a good looking black person, male or female, has a better chance at a job or an opportunity of some sort than an ugly white person, even if the employer is white. That's on average, that wouldn't apply to an employer who is racist, obviously.

It's something, sure, it isn't one of the more major traits, nor does it beat out some minor ones either, in my opinion.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 04:26 PM

:wave::wave::wave::wave: Mister D

Cigar
09-02-2015, 04:30 PM
This racial privilege stuff is misleading, it's an attempt by the elites to cast poor/working/middle class blacks and whites against each other. Privilege is based mostly on economics and connections, period. Race can be an issue, but is low on the totem pole, I'd say even lower than looks. For example, everything else equal, a good looking black person, male or female, has a better chance at a job or an opportunity of some sort than an ugly white person, even if the employer is white. That's on average, that wouldn't apply to an employer who is racist, obviously.

It's something, sure, it isn't one of the more major traits, nor does it beat out some minor ones either, in my opinion.

It's like everything else in this world, somewhere between 1 and 10 ... doesn't mean the numbers in the middle don't exist or not relevant.

The Xl
09-02-2015, 04:35 PM
It's like everything else in this world, somewhere between 1 and 10 ... doesn't mean the numbers in the middle don't exist or not relevant.
I get that it exists on some scale, but not to the extent that it's asserted. Where is the good looking privilege narrative? I hear nothing about it from the libs. Hell, I hear the white privilege perspective more than I do the wealth privilege one, and it's nowhere near as evident in reality.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 05:23 PM
:wave::wave::wave::wave: @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4)

http://f.tqn.com/y/dogs/1/W/O/F/0/-/10079986.jpg

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mister D
09-02-2015, 05:24 PM
It's not ad hom. It's what I believe to be true.

Or do you believe that blacks and whites are intellectually equal on average?

You can believe whatever you want but what OR or IQ has to do with this is anyone's guess.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 05:30 PM

Whatever that person does? You mean like east Asians and Jews being smart and doing well? Maybe blacks should be trying harder at things that garner respect? Anyway, again, the point is that people are generally wary of black men. Why black men have that reputation is perhaps something black men ought to be thinking about. Look, I know you don't like hearing it but I don't like lying and sugar coating stuff. Take it as a sign of respect.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 05:33 PM
I get that it exists on some scale, but not to the extent that it's asserted. Where is the good looking privilege narrative? I hear nothing about it from the libs. Hell, I hear the white privilege perspective more than I do the wealth privilege one, and it's nowhere near as evident in reality.

White privilege is a way to explain black failure. Nothing more.

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 05:36 PM
You can believe whatever you want but what OR or IQ has to do with this is anyone's guess.

So I'll take that as "you'd rather not answer".

Mister D
09-02-2015, 05:38 PM
So I'll take that as "you'd rather not answer".

I've answered that question a dozen times. It's irrelevant.

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 05:40 PM
I've answered that question a dozen times. It's irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. You accused me of attacking you. I'm simply saying that what I implied in indeed accurate.

At least have the stones to admit it.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 05:49 PM
It's not irrelevant. You accused me of attacking you. I'm simply saying that what I implied in indeed accurate.

At least have the stones to admit it.

You did attack me and rather clumsily. It's what you do. You always make it personal. Would you like to discuss race and intelligence? I'd be more than happy to. Set up a thread. It's irrelevant here.

Safety
09-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Whatever that person does? You mean like east Asians and Jews being smart and doing well? Maybe blacks should be trying harder at things that garner respect? Anyway, again, the point is that people are generally wary of black men. Why black men have that reputation is perhaps something black men ought to be thinking about. Look, I know you don't like hearing it but I don't like lying and sugar coating stuff. Take it as a sign of respect.

Yes East Asians and Jews are doing well, that's back to my last post on the history of this country, right? Black men unfortunately have been in the eyes of people ever since they arrived in this country. So the fact that some are wary, only exacerbates the situation when an agenda is to be had. It's the whole chicken vs the egg discussion, which came first, the crime that makes people wary of blacks, or the bias towards blacks that stigmatizes them to be noticed more?

Safety
09-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Yet, blacks are not the only race to notice white privilege. Interesting, no?

Safety
09-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Continuation.....

Here's a post that was made earlier today (@common don't take this the wrong way, I am trying to make a point here)

Statically you will die before me, italians have far more longevity than blacks we have purer blood and we dont kill ourselves nearly as much. YOu have a far greater chance of having a black lives matters clown blow your brains out for your wallet

This is another example of white privilege, whereas not too long in our past Italians were not considered "white", in fact Italians living in the south during Jim Crow were subjected to the same segregation and miscegenation laws blacks were. But something happened that "allowed" them to now be included as white. Did the rules on what constitutes "white" relax because it was easier to make it a "us" vs "them" argument? The same thing happened with the Irish.

Southern Italians were considered “black” in the South and were subjected to the Jim Crow laws of segregation. They weren’t allowed to marry “whites.” It was difficult, damn near impossible.

They were designated as “black” on census forms if they lived in the South and that is because the majority of them were dark-skinned Sicilians.

Mass lynchings happened to them often.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/when-italians-were-blacks-the-dark-skinned-sicilians/

Was it the fact that it was more socially acceptable to be "white"? If so, why?

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 06:34 PM
What the fuck is "purer blood"?

jimmyz
09-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't know if I have taken advantage of my white privilege since I live and work in a white suburban community. I interact with a black person once every couple months when my usual UPS driver takes time off. The fill-in driver is a black man. I always enjoy the privilege in talking with him about the NFL. He's probably the most knowledgeable person I've ever talked to about football. How do I recognize any so called privilege when we (blacks and white) self segregate?

Mister D
09-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Yes East Asians and Jews are doing well, that's back to my last post on the history of this country, right? Black men unfortunately have been in the eyes of people ever since they arrived in this country. So the fact that some are wary, only exacerbates the situation when an agenda is to be had. It's the whole chicken vs the egg discussion, which came first, the crime that makes people wary of blacks, or the bias towards blacks that stigmatizes them to be noticed more?

No one is concerned about chickens or eggs when it comes to their safety. That's my point. Do you agree? This is how this started:

What did I say that was wrong? Frankly, I just stated a matter of fact. Then you said:

Safety, I'm a pretty smart guy but I really don't understand what this means. I don't who this member is, what he said, or what the context was.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Yet, blacks are not the only race to notice white privilege. Interesting, no?

Actually, it's primarily a white progressive phenomenon. Whites are very unique in subjecting themselves and their societies to a serious critique. Frankly, it's pathological and that is really all the interest it holds for me. Intellectually it's either absurd or simply inane. I would describe your perspective with the latter term. It's like saying the Chinese have some informal advantages in China. Yes, that's probably true but is it meaningful?

Safety
09-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Actually, it's primarily a white progressive phenomenon. Whites are very unique in subjecting themselves and their societies to a serious critique. Frankly, it's pathological and that is really all the interest it holds for me. Intellectually it's either absurd or simply inane. I would describe your perspective with the latter term. It's like saying the Chinese have some informal advantages in China. Yes, that's probably true but is it meaningful?

It's probably only meaningful to someone not Chinese living in China.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:08 PM
It's probably only meaningful to someone not Chinese living in China.

You'd be laughed out of the country if you spoke of "Chinese privilege". Only in the white homelands is this pathology present. We're our own worst enemy.

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 07:12 PM
China shouldn't be compared to a country based on liberty and equality.

Safety
09-02-2015, 07:14 PM
You'd be laughed out of the country if you spoke of "Chinese privilege". Only in the white homelands is this pathology present. We're our own worst enemy.

Not too sure about that...

“Chinese privilege”, as Sangeetha Thanapal has named it, functions very similarly to white privilege in the United States and Europe. To use Peggy McClintock’s notion of white privilege and the invisible knapsack, Chinese privilege functions like an “invisible package of unearned assets which I can count on cashing in each day, but about which I was ‘meant’ to remain oblivious. [Chinese] privilege is like an invisible weightless backpack of special provisions, maps, passports, codebooks, visas, clothes, tools and blank checks.” As a Singapore Chinese person, when I am in Singapore, I never need to think twice about whether my race/ethnicity is represented on mainstream media, whether my languages are spoken, whether my religions are allowed to exist, whether I can catch a taxi. All these things are little aspects of Chinese privilege which is very similar to how white privilege functions.

https://limpehnewsblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/29/check-your-chinese-privilege/

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Not too sure about that...

https://limpehnewsblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/29/check-your-chinese-privilege/

And the Chinese take this seriously? Answer = no. That's my point.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 07:20 PM

Still waiting to hear Mr D accomplishments, other than being born White.

Let's see if he ever tells us.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:21 PM
China shouldn't be compared to a country based on liberty and equality.

Of course not. We shouldn't compare any non-white country to a white country because 1) white people are morally superior (hey, you said it) and 2) it makes it painfully obvious that only in white countries could such a concept be taken seriously. Understood.

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Of course not. We shouldn't compare any non-white country to a white country because 1) white people are morally superior (hey, you said it) and 2) it makes it painfully obvious that only in white countries could such a concept be taken seriously. Understood.

I said that when????

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but America isn't a white country.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Still waiting to hear Mr D accomplishments, other than being born White.

Let's see if he ever tells us.

You try so hard to be involved! :laugh:

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:25 PM
I said that when????

Just now. You said we can't compare the US an China. I could use any non-white country and your answer would be the same.

It was until around 1990 or so but we had to get rid of that privilege! :laugh:

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Just now. You said we can't compare the US an China. I could use any non-white country and your answer would be the same.

It was until around 1990 or so but we had to get rid of that privilege! :laugh:

Not based on race. Based on origin and political system etc...

It was never really a white country. There have always been minorities.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Not based on race. Based on origin and political system etc...

It was never really a white country. There have always been minorities.

Hmmm...Japan is pretty western in terms of her political system. So is India. tell us all about the Japanese and Indian privilege. :grin:

There are minorities everywhere and always have been. Dude, just quit while you're way behind.

Bob
09-02-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm not trying to make you jump into my skin, nor am I trying to jump into yours. I am simply bring forth a different perspective that may not be obvious to you as it is to me. There are some who look at skin color as a defining measure of whether or not a society is homogenous, and then there are others who say skin color is not the issue, culture is. I'm from the culture camp.

Then stop being black, just as I don't run around saying "I am white" and take this man's advice. For things to change, you must change.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bob http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1194014#post1194014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDazFiCXtaw

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Yeah, just stop being black.

Captain Obvious
09-02-2015, 07:55 PM

You are who you think you are, right Dr. Who ?

Common Sense
09-02-2015, 07:56 PM
You are who you think you are, right @Dr. Who (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=612) ?

....and it all comes full circle.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:57 PM
You are who you think you are, right @Dr. Who (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=612) ?

Do I blow everyone's mind now by telling them I'm actually a black lesbian?

Mister D
09-02-2015, 07:57 PM
....and it all comes full circle.

he lives a life of privilege, brah.

Bob
09-02-2015, 08:10 PM
I said that when????

What is it then?

Bob
09-02-2015, 08:13 PM

I am telling him to lose the bad attitude. If he needs change, change himself.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 08:18 PM

Au contraire! As wrong as I think Safety is in this case he's reasonable and avoids the emotional responses that generally ruin every thread about race we have going. If I had to pick a single progressive on this site to have such a discussion with it would be him.

Bob
09-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Au contraire! As wrong as I think Safety is in this case he's reasonable and avoids the emotional responses that generally ruin every thread about race we have going. If I had to pick a single progressive on this site to have such a discussion with it would be him.

While he sounds reasonable to you, talking to me, he is upset yet you and I essentially agree. My advice to him is ignore race and drop the bad attitude that race matters and we whites have magic privilege. I know I don't have any.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 08:50 PM
You try so hard to be involved! :laugh: http://www.youstupidbitch.com/images/congrats13big.gif http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/post-11464-0-62085000-1434899191.jpg

Mister D
09-02-2015, 08:56 PM
While he sounds reasonable to you, talking to me, he is upset yet you and I essentially agree. My advice to him is ignore race and drop the bad attitude that race matters and we whites have magic privilege. I know I don't have any.

You do have a way of rubbing some folks the wrong way sometimes, bob. No offense meant. Anyway, race does matter but I sometimes get the impression that how exactly it matters and who is allowed to say so ultimately depends on the skin color and social views of the would be realist. I don't think Safety has a bad attitude. I think Cigar does. He has a definite chip on his shoulder but that will only hurt him in the end. I just think that many blacks imbibe this concept and the resentment it entails in the same way many whites imbibe racist beliefs growing up.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:01 PM
You do have a way of rubbing some folks the wrong way sometimes, bob. No offense meant. Anyway, race does matter but I sometimes get the impression that how exactly it matters and who is allowed to say so ultimately depends on the skin color and social views of the would be realist. I don't think Safety has a bad attitude. I think Cigar does. He has a definite chip on his shoulder but that will only hurt him in the end. I just think that many blacks imbibe this concept and the resentment it entails in the same way many whites imbibe racist beliefs growing up.

:grin: Still waiting sport ... need more time?

Dr. Who
09-02-2015, 09:02 PM
For what it's worth who you believe you are, not your DNA, determines your personal identity. Who you believe you are may have little to do with your gender, but who you believe yourself to be as a person. Cogito ergo sum - I think therefore I am.

Captain Obvious
09-02-2015, 09:03 PM
For what it's worth who you believe you are, not your DNA, determines your personal identity. Who you believe you are may have little to do with your gender, but who you believe yourself to be as a person. Cogito ergo sum - I think therefore I am.

Based on that logic, who you actually, materially are has little or no impact on who you become.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:08 PM

Come-On Dude, you're trying to talk Science to people who Deny it. :laugh:

Bob
09-02-2015, 09:10 PM

Have you ever stopped to think, since you too rub some the wrong way, that it is them rubbing you and me the wrong way? And we don't take their nonsense well?

When I mentioned Watermelon to Safety months ago, he acted as if I called his mother bad names. I was shocked he acted so bad. And he keeps a list of my comments to be used against me. I don't see them as bad, but he sure does.

You and I differ a bit on Safety but are in lock step on Cigar and some others too. I realize at the moment Safety is being nice to you. But he has the ability to strike hard.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Have you ever stopped to think, since you too rub some the wrong way, that it is them rubbing you and me the wrong way? And we don't take their nonsense well?

When I mentioned Watermelon to Safety months ago, he acted as if I called his mother bad names. I was shocked he acted so bad. And he keeps a list of my comments to be used against me. I don't see them as bad, but he sure does.

You and I differ a bit on Safety but are in lock step on Cigar and some others too. I realize at the moment Safety is being nice to you. But he has the ability to strike hard.

I rub a lot of folks the wrong way especially at first. :smiley:

Captain Obvious
09-02-2015, 09:12 PM

Just try not to get your magic panties in a twist when it's served back.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Come-On Dude, you're trying to talk Science to people who Deny it. :laugh:

http://cakecoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/dontforceit-300x300.jpg

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:15 PM

Safety sometimes puts up with their BS, me on the other hand I dish it right back, in spades ... :wink: Welcome to 2015

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:16 PM
http://cakecoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/dontforceit-300x300.jpg

Don't worry, you've had enough already :laugh:

Mister D
09-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Safety sometimes puts up with their BS, me on the other hand I dish it right back, in spades ... :wink: Welcome to 2015

No, Safety is just smarter than you and interested in discussion.

Bob
09-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Just try not to get your magic panties in a twist when it's served back.

You did not get it. I get it from them first. They get upset if I serve it back. No idea why you blurted out magic panties. Does not compute. Must be your idea of an insult and you expected me to insult you back. This is an example of what I am talking about. Were you to act nice, you get nice back.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Don't worry, you've had enough already :laugh:

Is that why you're desperately trying to be relevant? :laugh:

Bob
09-02-2015, 09:22 PM

Yeah but ... and this is my guess, you and I can get along very well. I find your commentary not so crybaby.

Dr. Who
09-02-2015, 09:26 PM
While throwing a bone to idiots like Cigar. Sure, he cares all about your plight. Well, until he retires to a golf course where the only brothuz he'll see are serving drinks. :laugh:
You assume that there will be no other wealthy people of color at golf courses?

Mister D
09-02-2015, 09:27 PM

I assume I'm talking to an idiot when I respond to Cigar. Do remember that.

Bob
09-02-2015, 09:29 PM

Why do left wingers say "of color"?
i am white and am of color too.

Dr. Who
09-02-2015, 09:32 PM
You still don't get it, Toby. :laugh: He's saying you go out of your way to invite ridicule and then you play the victim when it comes. Do some thinking.
Toby????

Mister D
09-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Toby????

OK here we go...:laugh:

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Toby????

It's his standard go to option when he can't name any accomplishments other than being born White. :laugh:

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:41 PM

Congratulation, you're of Color, fell better now? :laugh:

What color are you after being slapped?
What color are you when you get cold?
What color are you after I hand you a Cigar?

Mister D
09-02-2015, 09:42 PM
It's his standard go to option when he can't name any accomplishments other than being born White. :laugh:

Who feels compelled to tell strangers on a message board about their "accomplishments"? Oh, that's right. Insecure Negroes. Hey, don't forget to take the vette out for a spin. Oh, and make sure you tell us! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

del
09-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Who feels compelled to tell strangers on a message board about their "accomplishments"? Oh, that's right. Insecure Negroes. Hey, don't forget to take the vette out for a spin. Oh, and make sure you tell us! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

zelmo is a negro?

i had no idea...

Safety
09-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Well, I see this topic has made a rather drastic turn for the worse.....

del
09-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Well, I see this topic has made a rather drastic turn for the worse.....

i enjoyed the part where the assertion was made that there's no japanese privilege in japan.

that's some funny shit right there

Bob
09-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Congratulation, you're of Color, fell better now? :laugh:

What color are you after being slapped?
What color are you when you get cold?
What color are you after I hand you a Cigar?

Slapped? Last time a guy sucker punched me and jumped on top of me, he got busted up pretty bad.

Color is not black is what i was saying to Dr. Who

If I saw a black car, i never would say it is of color.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Who feels compelled to tell strangers on a message board about their "accomplishments"? Oh, that's right. Insecure $#@!es. Hey, don't forget to take the vette out for a spin. Oh, and make sure you tell us! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Some people here have bragged about their Children, Wife, Business, Job, School, Dog, Cat, Charity

... but the only thing from you day in and day out is, you're White ... Ok, and what part did you play in that?

After all you know EVERYTHING about me, you say so every day here.

del
09-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Slapped? Last time a guy sucker punched me and jumped on top of me, he got busted up pretty bad.

http://www.troll.me/images/grandma-finds-the-internet/alright-we-got-an-internet-tough-guy-talk-shit-get-hitthats-how-granny-rolls.jpg

Cigar
09-02-2015, 09:52 PM

Just Joking Dude ... just joking ... relax

Dr. Who
09-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I've made this challenge numerous times before and I'll make it again; I Challenge Anyone to find One Post where I (seriously) say All White People are anything ... (fill in the blank)

Not once has anyone ever come back with a search of any Threads where I make that claim ... not once.

Most of my friends are White, I have Whites in my immediate family, my business partner of 28 years is White. I bet I have more firsthand interactions on a daily bases with Whites & Blacks than the majority of people on this forum.

So please show me where I blanket whites in my posts,
You may not do so outright, but it is often implied by the comments that follow the pieces you post. People are not obtuse, they understand what you are driving at without actually saying it. It also doesn't help when you imply that black people will rise up in retribution for the past or when you continually harp on the President's race in connection with two successive wins. It is baiting and I can't imagine that you don't realize that you are doing it. That doesn't mean that others are not also baiting, but heckling behavior in general is not likely to result in discussion. I understand that you have an agenda, but a message is better served and received with honey than with vinegar.

Dr. Who
09-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Based on that logic, who you actually, materially are has little or no impact on who you become.
Belief is a powerful thing.

Chris
09-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Stick to topic, please, and drop the personal stuff, members are not the topic.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 10:05 PM
i enjoyed the part where the assertion was made that there's no japanese privilege in japan.

that's some funny $#@! right there
@del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770) I know you're old and it's late but that was the whole point! Of course the Japanese are privileged in Japan and the Japanese would laugh you out the country if you said it was wrong.:smiley_ROFLMAO:

@Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226) minus 10 points for thanking that post.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 10:10 PM
You may not do so outright, but it is often implied by the comments that follow the pieces you post. People are not obtuse, they understand what you are driving at without actually saying it. It also doesn't help when you imply that black people will rise up in retribution for the past or when you continually harp on the President's race in connection with two successive wins. It is baiting and I can't imagine that you don't realize that you are doing it. That doesn't mean that others are not also baiting, but heckling behavior in general is not likely to result in discussion. I understand that you have an agenda, but a message is better served and received with honey than with vinegar.

Sorry, when I have to deliver a message, I don't need to add honey or vinegar, the message should be good enough on it's own. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you come at me, I'll come back at you, honey or vinegar will just make the message messy or smelly. If you think I'm implying black people will rise up in retribution for the past, you're wrong. I don't speak for All Black People and neither does anyone else on this forum, so don't get pissed if I remind you or anyone else that. I deal in facts, fact Obama Won, fact he won twice ... if anyone has a problem with that or can't handle that fact, too bad. Fact - it's 2015, I'm not passive about anything ... so once again, if you don't start none, there won't be none, that's how this Black Person rolls, and it's worked for me, now your mileage may vary.

There's two or three individuals who like to dish it out, so don't say anything to me if I give it back. I'm playing buy the rules they're allow to follow.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 10:12 PM
^^^lol It's 2015, Dr. Who!

Chris
09-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Sorry, when I have to deliver a message, I don't need to add honey or vinegar, the message should be good enough on it's own. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you come at me, I'll come back at you, honey or vinegar will just make the message messy or smelly. If you think I'm implying black people will rise up in retribution for the past, you're wrong. I don't speak for All Black People and neither does anyone else on this forum, so don't get pissed if I remind you or anyone else that. I deal in facts, fact Obama Won, fact he won twice ... if anyone has a problem with that or can't handle that fact, too bad. Fact - it's 2015, I'm not passive about anything ... so once again, if you don't start none, there won't be none, that's how this Black Person rolls, and it's worked for me, now your mileage may vary.

There's two or three individuals who like to dish it out, so don't say anything to me if I give it back. I'm playing buy the rules they're allow to follow.

The question is, using such tactics as you do, do your messages get through? The only way to tell is by the responses you get. --That goes for anyone, needless to say.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 10:19 PM
The question is, using such tactics as you do, do your messages get through? The only way to tell is by the responses you get. --That goes for anyone, needless to say.

I've said what I have to say ... how it's interpreted on this forum won't be a life altering event for me. :laugh:

Redrose
09-02-2015, 10:29 PM

del
09-02-2015, 10:30 PM
@del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770) I know you're old and it's late but that was the whole point! Of course the Japanese are privileged in Japan and the Japanese would laugh you out the country if you said it was wrong.:smiley_ROFLMAO:

@Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226) minus 10 points for thanking that post.

good effort

i'm only saying that because you're white

Chris
09-02-2015, 10:31 PM
I've said what I have to say ... how it's interpreted on this forum won't be a life altering event for me. :laugh:

What's the point of saying something unless someone hears it? Proverbial tree falling in a forest.

Common
09-02-2015, 10:35 PM

Cigar doesnt get it chris, he gives us a speech that hes around more white people than most of us and that he has a white business partner and most of his friends are white <how ironic is that> and he has whites in his family. Yet day in and day out he race baits whites and we all know the insinuations hes makes and he can deny it all he wants but it doesnt matter. He intentionally race baits for effect non stop. What puzzles me is why the same people bite every single day.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 10:36 PM
What's the point of saying something unless someone hears it? Proverbial tree falling in a forest.

Don't worry Chris, everywhere I need to be heard is covered, and those places are not in a forest. :wink:

The Xl
09-02-2015, 10:41 PM

I get that you're baiting Cigar with some of the racial stuff you say, but damn man, you could ease up on it, it's not right to Safety and really, any other black person that may frequent this board as a guest, just a spectator.

I'm saying this to you and not the Bobs, Macs, and Cigars of this board because I respect your intellect and you as a poster even if we disagree on many issues. I see you respond to Cigar a lot of the time with stuff that can be interpreted as generally disrespectful to black people.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Cigar doesnt get it chris, he gives us a speech that hes around more white people than most of us and that he has a white business partner and most of his friends are white <how ironic is that> and he has whites in his family. Yet day in and day out he race baits whites and we all know the insinuations hes makes and he can deny it all he wants but it doesnt matter. He intentionally race baits for effect non stop. What puzzles me is why the same people bite every single day.

You know what's the difference between me and the other parrots around here ... I'm not calling their name everyday on this forum <how ironic is that> :laugh:

Not only are they biting biting, they're swallowing ... :grin: Maybe you should talk to them.

Safety
09-02-2015, 10:42 PM

LoL, 10 points? Damn.

Interesting point you brought up...who said it was wrong to have privilege?

Chris
09-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Don't worry Chris, everywhere I need to be heard is covered, and those places are not in a forest. :wink:

What was that?

Safety
09-02-2015, 10:47 PM

...progressive? The only progressive thing about me is my car insurance.

Common
09-02-2015, 10:49 PM
You know what's the difference between me and the other parrots around here ... I'm not calling their name everyday on this forum <how ironic is that> :laugh:

Not only are they biting biting, they're swallowing ... :grin: Maybe you should talk to them.

Theres white race baiters but heres the deal cigar, you were doing it LONG before any of these people were here, except for Mr D.

You have been race baiting and making insinuations and posting race baiting threads since the day I got here and you havent stopped since. So when you tell me about these people now my response to you is you were doing it long before they got here.

As far as me talking to anyone, im not bashful but you already know that. I dont dislike you cigar, I have no animosity towards you at all. When I get enough of your race baiting I slap you around a little.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 10:49 PM
I get that you're baiting Cigar with some of the racial stuff you say, but $#@! man, you could ease up on it, it's not right to Safety and really, any other black person that may frequent this board as a guest, just a spectator.

I'm saying this to you and not the Bobs, Macs, and Cigars of this board because I respect your intellect and you as a poster even if we disagree on many issues. I see you respond to Cigar a lot of the time with stuff that can be interpreted as generally disrespectful to black people.

No Shit ... the Chicken came before the Egg ... in this case.

That explains my disrespect for only a couple people on this forum. I'm not Safety, it's Safety choice on how to respond to disrespectful people. I'm different, I choose to answer disrespect with disrespect. I was taught that respect is earned and disrespectful people don't get or deserve any of my respect, and there's not a passive bone in my body. There was a time for that, but not today and not with me.

If you don't like me, it's OK, I'll survive.

Chris
09-02-2015, 10:50 PM

http://i.snag.gy/zmCou.jpg

Leans left, dreamy. :P

Chris
09-02-2015, 10:54 PM

That explains my disrespect for only a couple people on this forum. I'm not Safety, it's Safety choice on how to respond to disrespectful people. I'm different, I choose to answer disrespect with disrespect. I was taught that respect is earned and disrespectful people don't get or deserve any of my respect, and there's not a passive bone in my body. There was a time for that, but not today and not with me.

http://i.snag.gy/7XPBd.jpg

Cigar
09-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Theres white race baiters but heres the deal cigar, you were doing it LONG before any of these people were here, except for Mr D.

You have been race baiting and making insinuations and posting race baiting threads since the day I got here and you havent stopped since. So when you tell me about these people now my response to you is you were doing it long before they got here.

As far as me talking to anyone, im not bashful but you already know that. I dont dislike you cigar, I have no animosity towards you at all. When I get enough of your race baiting I slap you around a little.
Common ... and with that said ... it's Nightcap Time.:grin: ... never end the night tense ...

Cheers everyone, tomorrow is another day, well for some of us that is.

http://cdn.silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Basil-Haydens.jpg

Common
09-02-2015, 10:56 PM
@Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) ... and with that said ... it's Nightcap Time.:grin: ... never end the night tense ...

Cheers everyone, tomorrow is another day, well for some of us that is.

http://cdn.silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Basil-Haydens.jpg

I could use a nightcap to sip on, gnite cigar :)

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 11:07 PM

Yeah, safety, why didn't you think of that? ;)

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 11:09 PM

Oh, for fucks sake. He isn't the one with the fucked up attitude. Can you guess who is?

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 11:13 PM

Oh for fucks sake #2. Did it ever cross your puny mind that it really is you that comes off as obnoxious and crass? Guess what? It IS you.

silvereyes
09-02-2015, 11:15 PM

Oh for fucks sake #3. Dear God. Really?

Safety
09-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Oh, for fucks sake. He isn't the one with the fucked up attitude. Can you guess who is?

Oh for fucks sake #2. Did it ever cross your puny mind that it really is you that comes off as obnoxious and crass? Guess what? It IS you.

Oh for fucks sake #3. Dear God. Really?

:rofl:

Safety
09-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Yeah, safety, why didn't you think of that? ;)

Well, this one time at band camp....

Bob
09-03-2015, 01:46 AM
I get that you're baiting Cigar with some of the racial stuff you say, but damn man, you could ease up on it, it's not right to Safety and really, any other black person that may frequent this board as a guest, just a spectator.

keep my name out of your bull crap. I don't bother Cigar and he does not bother me. But you sure do. Mr. D does just fine. Fact is, I don't see Mac bothering him either.

Green Arrow
09-03-2015, 02:16 AM
This thread delivers.

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 05:42 AM
http://i.snag.gy/zmCou.jpg

Leans left, dreamy. :P

I'd rail the shit out of Flo

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 05:47 AM
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/500/moar7-toy-kid.jpg

Safety
09-03-2015, 08:38 AM
I can agree with that.

Cigar
09-03-2015, 08:43 AM

I think that's the source of a lot of anxiety these days ... the days of "telling" people what they "need" to do are done forever.

Sorry

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 08:48 AM
I think that's the source of a lot of anxiety these days ... the days of "telling" people what they "need" to do are done forever.

Sorry

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d8/d894f182ad0576cf147515abf0daf73d9db69064b7acbf96c9 c4460c7aa3d370.jpg

Safety
09-03-2015, 08:49 AM

You're telling me?

The Xl
09-03-2015, 09:25 AM

Time and a place for that? Please. You're openly disrespectful and aggressive all the time, whether it's as a response to something or whether it's unprompted. Using the race card to justify all the silly stuff you do might work with some other posters, but it won't work with me. Get over yourself.

Cigar
09-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Time and a place for that? Please. You're openly disrespectful and aggressive all the time, whether it's as a response to something or whether it's unprompted. Using the race card to justify all the silly stuff you do might work with some other posters, but it won't work with me. Get over yourself.

I'll appropriately take your opinion in consideration and act accordingly

The Xl
09-03-2015, 09:26 AM
keep my name out of your bull crap. I don't bother Cigar and he does not bother me. But you sure do. Mr. D does just fine. Fact is, I don't see Mac bothering him either.

You're a racist and a simpleton. I'll list you when I see fit, thanks.

The Xl
09-03-2015, 09:27 AM
I'll appropriately take your opinion in consideration and act accordingly

And I'll continue to call your bullshit out when I see fit, as well. Do what you will with it.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 09:32 AM

I'm wondering why it's even allowed.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 09:33 AM
LoL, 10 points? $#@!.

Interesting point you brought up...who said it was wrong to have privilege?

If there is no implication of unfairness or a "free ride" for whites than why bring it up?

Cigar
09-03-2015, 09:33 AM
And I'll continue to call your bull$#@! out when I see fit, as well. Do what you will with it.

You can count on it ... :yo2:

Mister D
09-03-2015, 09:34 AM

I stand corrected.

Safety
09-03-2015, 10:03 AM
If there is no implication of unfairness or a "free ride" for whites than why bring it up?

I don't see white privilege as being "unfair" and it's definitely not a free ride. I see it as a characteristic of being part of a majority. I even spoke of such in the original debate with GA.

I bring it up because it exists, not to make anyone defensive.

Cigar
09-03-2015, 10:08 AM
I don't see white privilege as being "unfair" and it's definitely not a free ride. I see it as a characteristic of being part of a majority. I even spoke of such in the original debate with GA.

Bravo Safety , you've nailed this thread once and for all ... it's like saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean you're Anti-Police, it means you're Anti-Police Violence. There's a HUGE distinction for intelligent people who know the difference.

But that not what Haters want to believe, because it doesn't support their Agenda or their Hate. :cheers:

Chris
09-03-2015, 10:15 AM

So white privilege will fade away as whites (whatever that means) become a minority.

Safety
09-03-2015, 10:16 AM
So white privilege will fade away as whites (whatever that means) become a minority.

Sure. I don't think whites will ever be a minority.

Chris
09-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Sure. I don't think whites will ever be a minority.

Whites will no longer be a majority in U.S. by 2043 as Hispanic population surges, Census data reveals (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247119/2043-census-prediction-US-whites-longer-majority-Hispanic-population-surges.html#ixzz3kgqtiA5k)

San Antonio already has a Hispanic majority. Many places do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._communities_with_Hispanic_majority_po pulations_in_the_2010_census#Texas

Mister D
09-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Whites will no longer be a majority in U.S. by 2043 as Hispanic population surges, Census data reveals (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247119/2043-census-prediction-US-whites-longer-majority-Hispanic-population-surges.html#ixzz3kgqtiA5k)

San Antonio already has a Hispanic majority. Many places do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._communities_with_Hispanic_majority_po pulations_in_the_2010_census#Texas

You're both right. He means whites generally. You mean non-Hispanic whites.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Bravo @Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226) , you've nailed this thread once and for all ... it's like saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean you're Anti-Police, it means you're Anti-Police Violence. There's a HUGE distinction for intelligent people who know the difference.

But that not what Haters want to believe, because it doesn't support their Agenda or their Hate. :cheers:

You're embarrassing him.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 10:47 AM

If it exists it exists like Japanese privilege in Japan, Chinese privilege in China etc. It's kind of a "so what?"moment.

Safety
09-03-2015, 10:48 AM
If it exists it exists like Japanese privilege in Japan, Chinese privilege in China etc. It's kind of a "so what?"moment.

That is very true. I'm only speaking about it here, because I live here.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 10:53 AM
That is very true. I'm only speaking about it here, because I live here.

It's normal. It's usually white people who get in a tizzy about it. We're our own worst enemy. It seems pathological.

Cigar
09-03-2015, 10:56 AM
You're embarrassing him.

You nee help, before it's too late ... :wink:

Public Service Announcement: Understanding Anxiety Disorders (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/50104-Public-Service-Announcement-Understanding-Anxiety-Disorders)

Chris
09-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Second warning, get off each other and on topic. TBs to follow.

The Xl
09-03-2015, 11:43 AM
While it's fair game to note white privilege, why is it the only kind of privilege that gets any kind of publicity and traction? It's not the only kind of privilege, you know. Even blacks have some level of privilege when it comes to certain things, presumed superior in the sports realm, can get away with being less pc, etc. Honestly, the majority of privilege whites get has nothing to do with the private sector, it's all government discrimination, stop and frisk, drug war prosecution and conviction rate, etc. At that point, it's less privilege than it is government discrimination against black people.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
While it's fair game to note white privilege, why is it the only kind of privilege that gets any kind of publicity and traction? It's not the only kind of privilege, you know. Honestly, the majority of privilege whites get has nothing to do with the private sector, it's all government discrimination, stop and frisk, drug war prosecution and conviction rate, etc. At that point, it's less privilege than it is government discrimination against black people.

Because white progressives think it's wrong that a historical population has informal advantages. This is a white thing and only survives by white complicity.

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 11:49 AM
While it's fair game to note white privilege, why is it the only kind of privilege that gets any kind of publicity and traction? It's not the only kind of privilege, you know. Even blacks have some level of privilege when it comes to certain things, presumed superior in the sports realm, can get away with being less pc, etc. Honestly, the majority of privilege whites get has nothing to do with the private sector, it's all government discrimination, stop and frisk, drug war prosecution and conviction rate, etc. At that point, it's less privilege than it is government discrimination against black people.

It's going to become "Hispanic privilege" real damn quick for the black community.

The Xl
09-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Because white progressives think it's wrong that a historical population has informal advantages. This is a white thing and only survives by white complicity.

I think it's important to note that the US is a unique case. Unlike many other migrants to this country and others, blacks have been here hundreds of years, nearly as long as whites have, and on top of that, were brought here forcefully. They're just as much a historical population as we are, and deserve the same rights and benefit of the doubt, in my opinion.

That said, I don't really think the private sector hurts blacks nearly as bad as the government.

Safety
09-03-2015, 12:02 PM
It's going to become "Hispanic privilege" real damn quick for the black community.
You mean for the minorities. :wink:

Private Pickle
09-03-2015, 12:06 PM

Why u mean to minorities?

Safety
09-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Why u mean to minorities?

Privilege attaches to the majority.

Private Pickle
09-03-2015, 12:12 PM

Don't hate the playa.

Safety
09-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Don't hate the playa.

No PhD here.

Chris
09-03-2015, 12:17 PM

Which is a problem of democracy, no? If you go back to ancient times, the Greeks, the Romans, the privileged ruling class were probably in the minority. Nowadays, with the popularity of democracy, it's all about numbers.

Chris
09-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Above, Japan was mentioned. There is definitely Japanese privilige. The Ainu are shunned and the Koreans segregate in terms of living.

Safety
09-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Which is a problem of democracy, no? If you go back to ancient times, the Greeks, the Romans, the privileged ruling class were probably in the minority. Nowadays, with the popularity of democracy, it's all about numbers.

But was that minority dependant on race?

Chris
09-03-2015, 12:21 PM

That and other distinctions, I believe. No expert.

Safety
09-03-2015, 12:24 PM
That and other distinctions, I believe. No expert.

I figured most of the world at that point was pretty homogenous due to the lack of infrastructure and means to move around.

silvereyes
09-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Well, this one time at band camp....

Hey, you went to band camp, too? Were you the one I kissed in the closet? ☺

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 02:04 PM

Was there a flute involved?

The Xl
09-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Oh, you

Safety
09-03-2015, 02:09 PM

Well...something was kissed... :sofa:

silvereyes
09-03-2015, 02:10 PM

What? No.

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Well...something was kissed... :sofa:

http://www.notaddicted.com/files/blogimages/cristie-kerr-trophy-kiss.jpg

silvereyes
09-03-2015, 02:11 PM
OH MY GOD. You buncha pervs! I was being sweet and innocent! ��

Chris
09-03-2015, 02:12 PM
I figured most of the world at that point was pretty homogenous due to the lack of infrastructure and means to move around.

Greeks were always fighting and conquering and capturing slaves, related mostly to city-states, homogenous anachronous, but minority ruled. Roman Empire conquered many peoples, hardly homogeneous, and minority rule.

Homogenous would be the Nordic nations until the EU forced immigration and now the people are demanding "Nordic" privilege. But there it is majority.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 02:18 PM
I think it's important to note that the US is a unique case. Unlike many other migrants to this country and others, blacks have been here hundreds of years, nearly as long as whites have, and on top of that, were brought here forcefully. They're just as much a historical population as we are, and deserve the same rights and benefit of the doubt, in my opinion.

That said, I don't really think the private sector hurts blacks nearly as bad as the government.

But they're not going to get it because this isn't a matter of conscious policy but of informal networks and unconscious bias.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 02:19 PM

What's the difference?

Mister D
09-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Contrary to popular belief, despite their cosmopolitan empires the Roman and British metropoles were "xenophobic".

Bob
09-03-2015, 02:36 PM
And I'll continue to call your bullshit out when I see fit, as well. Do what you will with it.

My my, you think you are so aggressive.

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 02:58 PM

Basically.

Then everyone will love white people.

Bob
09-03-2015, 03:27 PM

Sorry

I don't say tell as in order. I showed a good video that clears up my meaning.

Cigar
09-03-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't say tell as in order. I showed a good video that clears up my meaning.

I'm over it and this subject has little if any impact on anything I do during my day-to-day life. But that doesn't mean it has no impact on others.

Safety
09-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Basically.

Then everyone will love white people.

They don't love them now? Sez who?

silvereyes
09-03-2015, 04:21 PM
They don't love them now? Sez who?

*raises hand*

The Xl
09-03-2015, 04:34 PM
But they're not going to get it because this isn't a matter of conscious policy but of informal networks and unconscious bias.

I don't think most businesses and employeers discriminate frankly. The networking bit may be true to an extent, though.

Mister D
09-03-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't think most businesses and employeers discriminate frankly. The networking bit may be true to an extent, though.

Neither do I which is I think black complainers and their white enablers are FOS. That said, I'm sure you agree that people tend to cluster residentially. I think one is being naive to not believe that carries over into other areas of life. Perhaps discrimination is a poor term because it carries connotations of willfulness and even malice. But I do agree that many businesses hire HR personnel to make sure not only that they are in compliance with federal and state regulations but they also appear to be if you catch my drift.

Safety
09-09-2015, 08:06 AM

Speaking about privilege in Japan....

TOKYO — Ariana Miyamoto was born and raised in Japan and speaks fluent Japanese. But she said most people in her homeland see her as a foreigner.

“My appearance isn’t Asian,” she said, “[but] I think I’m very much Japanese on the inside.”

Miyamoto, 21, was born to a Japanese mother and an African-American sailor who left Japan when she was a child. In Japan she’s considered a hafu, or half-Japanese. Some people prefer the term daburu to signify double heritage, but Miyamoto said she’s not offended by the word hafu.

“I don't think the equivalent word for hafu exists overseas, but in Japan you need it to explain who you are,” she said.

In March she became the first half-black, half-Japanese woman to be named Miss Universe Japan. Many people in Japan cheered, tweeting messages such as “She represents Japan! Being hafu is irrelevant.”

But others complained on social media that she didn’t deserve the title.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/9/9/hafu-in-japan-mixed-race.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Captain Obvious
09-09-2015, 08:16 AM
She's pretty cute, crosseyed though.

http://america.aljazeera.com/content/ajam/articles/2015/9/9/hafu-in-japan-mixed-race/jcr:content/mainpar/adaptiveimage/src.adapt.960.high.hafu_japan.1441773833994.jpg

Safety
09-09-2015, 08:22 AM

http://america.aljazeera.com/content/ajam/articles/2015/9/9/hafu-in-japan-mixed-race/jcr:content/mainpar/adaptiveimage/src.adapt.960.high.hafu_japan.1441773833994.jpg

Eyes? Rasins.

Mister D
09-09-2015, 09:10 AM

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/9/9/hafu-in-japan-mixed-race.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Not sure what you mean. This lady is one of the first to receive such a prize in Japan while it's a relative common place in the US. Surely you don't mean to suggest there is no such thing as Japanese because a half black woman won a beauty contest?

Cigar
09-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Eye's ... what eyes? :huh:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XNGE0uH0L._SX342_.jpg

Safety
09-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Not sure what you mean. This lady is one of the first to receive such a prize in Japan while it's a relative common place in the US. Surely you don't mean to suggest there is no such thing as Japanese because a half black woman won a beauty contest?

No, we were talking about privilege, and I posted this article about how her being a "hafu" was looked down on by the pure Japanese. Just an example of Japanese privilege.

Cigar
09-09-2015, 09:16 AM

People who speak 3 languages are called Trilingual
People who speak 2 languages are called Bilingual
People who speak 1 language is called American

Mister D
09-09-2015, 09:31 AM
No, we were talking about privilege, and I posted this article about how her being a "hafu" was looked down on by the pure Japanese. Just an example of Japanese privilege.

Gotcha. Sorry, it was unclear to me.

Chris
09-09-2015, 09:40 AM

When I lived there, for about 6 years, I didn't see much of that. Hafu are used a lot in TV commercials and magazine ads to give products an American or European image. Not saying it doesn't exist. The Ainu were historically outcasts. I dated a Korean girl for a while and they and others are definitely looked down on. It's odd because Americans and Europeans are instead treated like kings and queens but you eventually learn that too is too keep social distance between you.

The Xl
09-09-2015, 10:10 AM

She's okay, but miss Japan? I've seen far better looking pureblood Asians, far better looking pureblood blacks, and even far better looking Asian/black mixes than this young lady. But everyone has their own taste, I suppose. She's the not first miss Japan/USA/whatever winner that I scratched my head at, so maybe it's just me.

Cthulhu
09-12-2015, 12:57 AM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/a413a10160fae64281ce5a1ce1180809/tumblr_inline_ntchtoCnkB1rgl2g1_400.png

Safety
09-12-2015, 07:18 AM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/a413a10160fae64281ce5a1ce1180809/tumblr_inline_ntchtoCnkB1rgl2g1_400.png

At least they allow him to sleep in peace.....

https://img.rt.com/files/2015.08/original/55d29a89c461887e4b8b4576.jpg

Cthulhu
09-12-2015, 10:59 AM
At least they allow him to sleep in peace.....

https://img.rt.com/files/2015.08/original/55d29a89c461887e4b8b4576.jpg
Lol. In that picture anyways.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Bob
10-25-2015, 07:22 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Perianne http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1189302#post1189302)
Hypothetical: If there is white privilege, why would I want to stop or change it?

Well, the main reason a white person would really want to change it would be empathy, I would say. However, there would be plenty of people that would say they want to change it just to make themselves look better.

Each time a person says "White privilege" I stop to recall people like Barack Hussein Obama; Thomas Sowell, Ben Carson, Alan Keyes, Herman Cain, Larry Elder, JC Watts,
Tony Dungy making it big.

There are so many blacks in the republican party that are super well thought of and so successful.

There is no reason to grant corner drug dealers similar accolades.

Captain Obvious
10-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Each time a person says "White privilege" I stop to recall people like Barack Hussein Obama; Thomas Sowell, Ben Carson, Alan Keyes, Herman Cain, Larry Elder, JC Watts,
Tony Dungy making it big.

There are so many blacks in the republican party that are super well thought of and so successful.

There is no reason to grant corner drug dealers similar accolades.

Yeah, both of them

:biglaugh:

Mister D
10-25-2015, 07:25 PM
lol

Bob
10-25-2015, 11:51 PM
lol

You never are, but that dude is so damned ignorant.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Yeah, both of them

Can they count that high?

Safety
11-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Can they count that high?

one, two, tree....

jimmyz
11-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah, both of them

How many black Dem senators?

Yeah, none of them.

Safety
11-03-2015, 03:48 PM
How many black Dem senators?

Yeah, none of them.

Corey Booker isn't black?

Someone should let him know.

jimmyz
11-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Corey Booker isn't black?

Someone should let him know.

Thank you for the correction.

bulletbob
11-16-2019, 06:41 AM
I was interviewed for a job in a power plant . when i called about the result a few days later I was told I was not eligible because of federal guide lines they had to hire a black man or woman or a hispanic .that was one experience I had.
Another one I had was a boss in cali told me it was getting to dark around here. I had hired 3 black men not because they were black but because they had good references and resumes and interviewed well.

Peter1469
11-16-2019, 06:58 AM
I went to Tulane Law School- then $30K a year tuition. Because I have white privilege I got the max amount of financial aid for a white male. $5K a year.

Common
11-16-2019, 08:26 AM
I grew up basically in public housing, I left school before I graduated the 8th grade, starting getting into alot of bad things, went into the military, as I was clearing base, the head of the education dept wouldnt clear me, until I took the GED, I said I just went through hell and you wont clear me for the education dept ? I curse at him, he said sit down take the ged or I dont sign period, yell and curse all you want.

I took it, after being home 4 months I got a ged diploma in the mail, a few months later I was told with a GED you can take a police or fire test. I took the police test, passed high enough to be hired and im guessing somewhere in there, someone will believe my life was based on white privledge. For the life of me Ive never felt privledged or blessed either until I made it in life ON MY OWN. Ive never collected a single unemployment check in my lifetime.

I dont believe or I just cant think of another law we can write, to protect blacks Gays, or transexuals and women from evil white males. Im sure if someone thinks of a few in the house they will write them, illegal immigration is a new area they can pursue to protect illegals from white males.

FindersKeepers
11-16-2019, 08:47 AM
The one thing this thread shows is that success comes from within -- not from the color of one's skin, one's sex, or one's financial privilege.

If only more people would begin to recognize that -- we'd have a happier world.

Common
11-16-2019, 09:14 AM
It wasnt always that way, blacks certainly were subjected to racism in all facets of life, to deny this is disengenuous.

I think that today that has been predominently erased, but people want to keep beating that drum for their gain and for Political expediency. People also want to take racial differences and dislike as proof of privledge. There is no law you can pass, there is no amount of raging and ranting that can force someone to like someone else, the only thing it can do its keep those people silent and festering and thats worse in my mind.

DGUtley
11-16-2019, 09:22 AM
My oldest (literally a genius - thanks to her mother) was 'white privileged' out of a PharmD program at a state university despite being the top Chemistry Student there. In fact, a lot of the white kids were 'white privileged' out of said program. I sued. They paid. She transferred. Was a superstar at the new school. Is a superstar at the hospital she works at.

bulletbob
05-29-2020, 01:54 PM
I have not heard any one mention black privilege or Hispanic or Asian are there not instances when there is such a thing ?

The Xl
05-29-2020, 02:08 PM
I have not heard any one mention black privilege or Hispanic or Asian are there not instances when there is such a thing ?
Asians pretty much have no privilege. Their are scenarios that can benefit black, white, and hispanic people but there is no such privilege for asian people. They pretty much outdo everyone scholastically and get screwed by mandatory quotas.

carolina73
05-29-2020, 02:28 PM
As a white kid I was a minority in my neighborhood.
Although, if I could go back. I would have told them to lick my boots cuz I am white and privileged. No one told me.
Probably a good thing.

chaidragonfire
11-29-2020, 10:06 PM
White Privilege is a fallacy, because everybody is "privileged" in some way.

Anglo Saxons conquered the world, Black Africans made an empire of slave trade from it.

But if you want to talk about "privilege"............

I can honestly say, I've never, NEVER seen anything in my life but Black Privilege.
Blacks get preferential treatment in schools.
Blacks get preferential treatment from the gov't.
Blacks get preferential treatment from help organizations.
Blacks get preferential treatment in hiring practices.
Blacks get preferential treatment in job markets.
Blacks get preferential treatment on the job.
Blacks get the big raises, bonuses, and perks.
Blacks get preferential treatment for loans.
Blacks "lord" all of this over everybody.
Black employees make more money than white employees.
Blacks can have a job AND get welfare!

This is what I've seen all of my life.

I have never had anything of any substance in my life, even though I've had to work 3 jobs for a few years, at one point in my life, JUST to be able to make rent!

I've worked from "hand to mouth" all of my life because blacks get all the promotions and compensation packages at work.

The first time I got laid off from a job, I used up all my savings before I ever found another job. I had to go apply for food stamps. As I was sitting there, and the guy I was talking to was flapping his yap about some BS.....there was noise outside.
I looked out the double glass front doors and saw this black woman in a new Cadillac drive up to the front doors, LITERALLY!
There were no parking spaces within 30 feet of the front door, yet she parks her Caddy right there in the RED FIRE LANE, gets out of her car. She comes in, clip clopping in her Gucci shoes, Gucci dress, REAL fur coat (in the middle of the summer), Gucci sunglasses, and "dripping" in diamonds, gold, and about 20 gold bracelets! She gets up to the front desk, and says to the clerk "I want ALL of my food stamps". The clerk hands her about an inch worth of food stamps (when they were still paper). And she turns on one heel, and clip clops back out, gets back into her Caddy and drives off!!
All the while the guy that is supposed to be helping me, is telling me I DON'T QUALIFY FOR FOOD STAMPS!!!

My grandma had her social security cut one year, and it was so bad, that she had to go apply for food stamps.
The bitch there that took her application told her TO HER FACE....."YOU ARE THE WRONG COLOR TO BE GETTING FOOD STAMPS"!!!

Another time I lost my job and was not able to find another one in time, I had to go apply for food stamps. Again, I was completely broke and didn't even know if I was going to be able to pay my rent the next month. While I was sitting in the waiting room, I was looking out in the parking lot at some birds, when a huge, black Escalade with several THOUSAND dollars worth of rims and tires and lift job on it drove up to the front door and these three women got out with baby strollers, and came into the food stamp office! All of them had VERY expensive weaves, VERY expensive nail jobs, "dripping" in gold chains, all wearing VERY expensive tracksuits with $500 sports shoes, and the baby strollers were some of those designer kinds that cost several THOUSAND dollars a piece!! And they were there getting their food stamps!! Can you guess what happened? Thats RIGHT! I WAS DENIED, and THEY were ACCEPTED!!

And this is what I've seen, day in day out, my whole life!

Don't talk to me about "white privilege"!!!

I've even worked with plenty of blacks that have nothing but nasty stuff to say about people like I described above. They call them "the word". I was explained several times in my life by some upstanding, hard working blacks that these "the words" have ruined all blacks lives by what they have done to the entire black culture. I was told the same thing by all of these people I worked with, who don't know each other, and were at different points in my working life. They never took a dime from anybody, including the government. They had to get jobs if they wanted something. They were raised with manners and etiquette, and made to understand what self-reliance is.

I actually miss one guy. He was so nice! He was working to put himself through train college, because he wanted to be a train Chief!! I thought that was awesome. And I have two friends that just love me to death. They are extremely intelligent black ladies and they understand race relations and all the BS and media corruption that has been integrated into it. And we have no qualms about talking about such things with each other, because we all understand we are human, and we don't see each other as a "color", we see each other as friends. It's all those other people out there that make so much money off of keeping the hate and animosity going.

I don't hold grudges against any of these people though. Thats how they were raised, and obviously were never informed about much more meaningful ways to get the things you want out of life.

I do hold grudges against anyone that keeps people down, and tells them that their plights and problems are those of everybody else!!! There are PLENTY of stories out there of down-trodden people of all "colors", that have had the intelligence to know that there IS something better out there, and they get out there and go for it! And THAT is what America is all about.

If you don't leave the swamp, you will get sucked down into it!