PDA

View Full Version : reputation/thanks

PattyHill
06-27-2015, 07:15 PM
So I have noticed that I can add reputation and then thank someone, but if I thank someone first I can't add reputation. I was just curious how the two work together.

Peter1469
06-27-2015, 07:17 PM
You mus rep first if you also want to thank.

Don't know why.

Chris
06-27-2015, 08:04 PM
LOL, but you can thank, unthank, rep, and then thank. Question is, how many notifications did Patty just get?

sachem
06-27-2015, 08:45 PM
I can unthank?

PattyHill
06-27-2015, 08:49 PM
LOL, but you can thank, unthank, rep, and then thank. Question is, how many notifications did Patty just get?

I don't pay attention to notifications.

Yes, I can thank, unthank, rep, then thank. Or I can rep and then thank. What I was curious about is WHY I can't thank and then rep.

If no one knows, then no one knows.

sachem
06-27-2015, 08:52 PM
I can unthank?
Now if I could only learn how to do a mention.

PolWatch
06-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Just use the @ symbol & type the screen name. sachem

sachem
06-27-2015, 08:56 PM
PolWatch

sachem
06-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Dis it work?

PolWatch
06-27-2015, 08:57 PM
success!

sachem
06-27-2015, 08:59 PM
success!Great!!! Thanks.

I owe Bob about a thousand mentions. hehehe

TrueBlue
06-27-2015, 09:02 PM

Yes, I can thank, unthank, rep, then thank. Or I can rep and then thank. What I was curious about is WHY I can't thank and then rep.

There are certain people most worthy of receiving a rep. and you are one of them, Patty! :)

I think the rep. deal, on its face, is an "either/or" type situation. You can rep. someone and that counts mightily toward the reputation of the person given to and is no doubt most appreciated. And you also have the opportunity to THANK them in the little box that pops up when you give them a rep.!

And, of course, in other of their posts you can also thank them as well as is your desire. :)

Incidentally, for those who don't know where the rep. button is, it is the little icon at the bottom of a posting that has the six-pointed star. Click on it and you can give them a rep. and also include a comment.

TrueBlue
06-27-2015, 09:07 PM
success!
And what's the deal with the "tag"? How does that work?

PolWatch
06-27-2015, 09:10 PM
I believe the tags are used in the search function... Dr. Who

sachem
06-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Look what I can do now Bob.

PattyHill
06-27-2015, 09:22 PM
I can unthank?

You have the technology!

PattyHill
06-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Great!!! Thanks.

I owe Bob about a thousand mentions. hehehe

ROFLMAO!!!!! go for it!

Dr. Who
06-27-2015, 09:50 PM

It's a bizarre function of the software.

Dr. Who
06-27-2015, 10:16 PM
I believe the tags are used in the search function... @Dr. Who (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=612)
Tagging involves identifying key words or meta data that can be used in the search function. Those key words have to be stored by the originator of the OP. Beyond that, I don't know because I'm not a tagger. :grin:

Captain Obvious
06-27-2015, 10:54 PM
Tagging involves identifying key words or meta data that can be used in the search function. Those key words have to be stored by the originator of the OP. Beyond that, I don't know because I'm not a tagger. :grin:

Not a tagger...

TrueBlue
06-28-2015, 12:56 PM
I have a question about the Thanks received.

Whenever thanks are given I go to "Notifications" and click on that which brings up the next clicking function which when clicked upon shows all the thanks given. Now, one can receive one thanks or a ton of them. When the latter is received, the problem I am running into is that if you click on the first thanks given, the system will take you directly to that posting where the thanks pertains to. But what about the rest of the thanks? They can be given on different postings but you cannot go back and review them anymore once you have clicked on the first thanks because that function no longer shows the rest of the thanks under Notifications.

So, how does one go back to review the other thanks? There are items such as ID, etc. listed but none of that really allows one to be able to go back and re-click to be able to see the next 10 thanks given, which may be in different categories, unless you get a brand new thanks. Anyone have an idea as to how to get around that? Thanks! :)

PolWatch
06-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Use the back arrow (<--) to return to notifications until you have reviewed all the current thanks...

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 01:07 PM

Whenever thanks are given I go to "Notifications" and click on that which brings up the next clicking function which when clicked upon shows all the thanks given. Now, one can receive one thanks or a ton of them. When the latter is received, the problem I am running into is that if you click on the first thanks given, the system will take you directly to that posting where the thanks pertains to. But what about the rest of the thanks? They can be given on different postings but you cannot go back and review them anymore once you have clicked on the first thanks because that function no longer shows the rest of the thanks under Notifications.

So, how does one go back to review the other thanks? There are items such as ID, etc. listed but none of that really allows one to be able to go back and re-click to be able to see the next 10 thanks given, which may be in different categories, unless you get a brand new thanks. Anyone have an idea as to how to get around that? Thanks! :)

Back function.

Or when you open the thanks feature use right click and open in new tab

sachem
06-28-2015, 01:24 PM

So, how does one go back to review the other thanks? There are items such as ID, etc. listed but none of that really allows one to be able to go back and re-click to be able to see the next 10 thanks given, which may be in different categories, unless you get a brand new thanks. Anyone have an idea as to how to get around that? Thanks! :)I click "settings" on the top of the forum. It brings you to subscribed threads etc. Scroll down and under subscriptions should be a list of thanks.

Chris
06-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Bookmark this: http://thepoliticalforums.com/recent_thanks.php

CreepyOldDude
06-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Now if I could only learn how to do a mention.

Like this, sachem. Just precede their user id with the "at" symbol.

Chris
06-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Like this, sachem. Just precede their user id with the "at" symbol.

atCreepyOldDude

silvereyes
07-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Chris: stop being a Rep whoredog!

PattyHill
07-03-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm finding the "unsubscribe" function especially helpful considering how so many threads have disintegrated and died. Nice to not see that they have new posts when I go to my settings.

testmember
07-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Chris: stop being a Rep $#@!dog!

Anything for Thanks! Here, how about a trick!

http://i.snag.gy/jtAof.jpg

Oops.

silvereyes
07-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Anything for Thanks! Here, how about a trick!

http://i.snag.gy/jtAof.jpg

Oops.
OK, you got me....awwwwww!

silvereyes
07-03-2015, 09:09 PM
OK, now who is test member?

testmember
07-03-2015, 09:10 PM
OK, now who is test member?

Me. Testing something.

Did you thank him?

silvereyes
07-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Nope! Stranger danger, stranger danger! Mister, I don't believe you have a puppy or candy! Stranger danger!

(Psssst, telling folks "me" really isn't helpful, dorkface.)

testmember
07-03-2015, 09:23 PM
It was me. We're testing something new. We have a test member to see what forum looks like to a member. But I can't tell you more. Nope, uhuh, no way Hose!

Chris
07-03-2015, 09:25 PM
OK, I'm back as me.

Actually I forgot I'd logged in as test member! :D

sachem
07-03-2015, 09:34 PM
It was me. We're testing something new. We have a test member to see what forum looks like to a member. But I can't tell you more. Nope, uhuh, no way Hose!Power going to your head?

Tricia
07-03-2015, 09:42 PM
It was me. We're testing something new. We have a test member to see what forum looks like to a member. But I can't tell you more. Nope, uhuh, no way Hose!

Who you callin' a hose? :)

McCool
07-05-2015, 10:46 AM
This is turning into such a helpful thread that I want to thank @everyone for your assistance!! :)

Chris
07-05-2015, 10:58 AM

LOL, I meant Jose.

Yes, that was me, we were testing the new forum area.

nic34
07-05-2015, 11:10 AM
sachem
just keep an eye out for the auto spell checker!

nic34
07-05-2015, 11:14 AM

Actually it's Jose, not to be confused with hose B.
:grin:

sachem
07-05-2015, 01:31 PM
@sachem (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=974)
just keep an eye out for the auto spell checker!Okie dokie.