PDA

View Full Version : Neanderthal-type species once roamed Africa, DNA shows

Mister D
07-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Snip

These genetic leftovers do not resemble DNA from any modern-day humans. The foreign DNA also does not resemble Neanderthal DNA, which shows up in the DNA of some modern-day Europeans, Akey said. That means the newly identified DNA came from an unknown group.
“We’re calling this a Neanderthal sibling species in Africa,” Akey said. He added that the interbreeding probably occurred 20,000 to 50,000 years ago, long after some modern humans had walked out of Africa (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/27/AR2011012705098.html) to colonize Asia and Europe, and around the same time Neanderthals were waning in Europe.

Snip

And while modern humans and the newly found “archaic” Africans might be classified as distinct species, they produced viable offspring. Likewise, donkeys and horses, lions and tigers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/early-africans-mated-with-mystery-species-of-humans/2012/07/26/gJQAxFzZBX_story.html?hpid=z5

JohnAdams
07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Aside from the FACT that it's a theory that man "walked out of Africa" and thus should be treated as such, and not as a FACT as far far to often it is today, it's also been a long held scientific axiom that unless the offspring can reproduce, and do so, it's not a distinct new species. IE: ligers offspring of lion and tiger reproduction (which as far as we know only happened in captivity at our direction) cannot reproduce and thus are not a distinct new species.

So how is that now suddenly we throw that definition out the window? Oh that's right I forgot we need that missing link, we need that to prove we all came from an ape, and are not created in our Gods image, so therefore our Rights aren't God endowed, or given but instead merely grants of government and society....can we all say absurd rubbish... good I knew you could. :rolleyes:

Mister D
07-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Um it's been a long held scientific axiom that unless the offspring can reproduce it's not a distinct new species. IE: ligers offspring of lion and tiger reproduction (which as far as we know only happened in captivity at our direction) cannot reproduce and thus are not a distinct species. So how is that now suddenly we throw that definition out the window? Oh that's right I forgot we need that missing link, we need that to prove we all came from an ape, and are not created in our Gods image, so therefore our Rights aren't God endowed, or given but instead merely grants of government and society....can we all say absurd rubbish... good I knew you could. :rolleyes:

You're confused. The proposed species in question are the modern humans and this archaic ancestor. Not their offspring. Moreover, if their offspring could not reproduce modern populations would not have this inherited DNA.

As for the political rambling...:rollseyes:

AZFlyFisher
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
There were probably many isolated branches of human evolution that were eventually assimilated by homo sapiens.

"
The find offers more evidence that for thousands of years, modern-looking humans shared the Earth with evolutionary cousins that later died out. And whenever the groups met, whether in Africa or Europe, they did what came naturally — they bred. In fact, hominid hanky-panky seems to have occurred wherever humans met others who looked kind of like them — a controversial idea until recently."

Ligers cannot breed with other ligers, but female ligers can breed with male lions or tigers, therefore passing on some liger traits.

It has nothing to do with a god of any kind or why some people continue to believe an invisible man in the sky created us in his (invisible) image or gave us our rights. That notion is only maintained by people without the capacity for an open mind.

Mister D
07-30-2012, 01:00 PM
There were probably many isolated branches of human evolution that were eventually assimilated by homo sapiens.

"
The find offers more evidence that for thousands of years, modern-looking humans shared the Earth with evolutionary cousins that later died out. And whenever the groups met, whether in Africa or Europe, they did what came naturally — they bred. In fact, hominid hanky-panky seems to have occurred wherever humans met others who looked kind of like them — a controversial idea until recently."

Ligers cannot breed with other ligers, but female ligers can breed with male lions or tigers, therefore passing on some liger traits.

It has nothing to do with a god of any kind or why some people continue to believe an invisible man in the sky created us in his (invisible) image or gave us our rights. That notion is only maintained by people without the capacity for an open mind.

The fact that you don't see the irony in your comment is what makes you both an idiot and a troll. :wink:

AZFlyFisher
07-30-2012, 01:26 PM
The fact that you don't see the irony in your comment is what makes you both an idiot and a troll. :wink:

The truth hurts you really bad, doesn't it? Sam ol' Mister D. Resort to name calling when you've got no rational response. Hell, I was agreeing with you.

Mister D
07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
The truth hurts you really bad, doesn't it? Sam ol' Mister D. Resort to name calling when you've got no rational response. Hell, I was agreeing with you.

The truth? :laugh: The truth about what, AZ? That your mind has been sealed up and shut?

AZFlyFisher
07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Here's your new avatar

Mister D
07-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Deleted

Mister D
07-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Here's your new avatar

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/newsroom/features/hall_lame/images/Hall Of Lame 320x240.JPG

MMC
07-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Uhm.....Where did GOD come into this equation with Neanderthals? I mean if one is going to throw God out there right away. Well then why not Extraterrestrials/Aka Aliens.

Like some of the Holy Writngs Describe. Let us make Man in our Image. The Gods came down and mated with Human women. They created hybrids with their Offspring. The question comes into being about the Giants. What were the Ancestors of mankind trying to impart with Giants. Evidently it cannot be just based on size. As no wherein any Archeological Finds have there been bones or any fossils that would point to evidence of Giants as what we today are attempting to classify Giants as. Nonetheless there are the Sumerians and their writings. Despite having perished they were the first to write and for some reason all that they wrote and taught Enoch. Was Dismissed by what is termed mainstay Religions.

In addition with the discovery of the Site In Turkey, Pakistan and India. The Theory of man walking up out of Africa is in serious jeopardy. As they also know about the Polar Shift. Which if having done so like every 24k yrs then Continentental Crust would be shifted several times. Which would include all Land mass including under the sea. Now they have discovered structures under the Indian Ocean which would imply their were other settlements, towns and or cities. Plus most Archeologists have known about the 200 villages that are sitting on the bottom of Club Med.

Goldie Locks
07-30-2012, 06:56 PM
A species dies without evolution. Evolution is God and God is evolution. You may not see it in your lifetime but the end of evolution is the end of a species.

Shoot the Goose
07-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Aside from the FACT that it's a theory that man "walked out of Africa" and thus should be treated as such, and not as a FACT as far far to often it is today, it's also been a long held scientific axiom that unless the offspring can reproduce, and do so, it's not a distinct new species. IE: ligers offspring of lion and tiger reproduction (which as far as we know only happened in captivity at our direction) cannot reproduce and thus are not a distinct new species.

So how is that now suddenly we throw that definition out the window? Oh that's right I forgot we need that missing link, we need that to prove we all came from an ape, and are not created in our Gods image, so therefore our Rights aren't God endowed, or given but instead merely grants of government and society....can we all say absurd rubbish... good I knew you could. :rolleyes:

We are finding that some of our earlier beliefs in how we drew lines between "species" are not as distinct as we thought. While some cite such as ligers, there are other "species" that have been essentially tricked into breeding in captivity, usually be substituting a different species female once a male has been sexually aroused by his own "species", where he then mates with the newly substituted female, produces viable offspring, and that those offspring can then produce viable offspring. We have seen this in crossing rat snakes and king snakes.

I believe that the lines are fuzzier than we used to think.

However, I am still thankful that when a puppy humps my leg, nothing further comes of it.