PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Pendragon

Mister D
09-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Did you see the new ads for that Space Marine PC game? I used to play Warhammer Fantasy Battle as a kid. Are you familiar with Games Workshop? Anyway, I will probably get back into fantasy games when I buy my new PC. I miss killing orcs and goblins. ;D ;)

Conley
09-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I hadn't heard of this game, I'll check it out...at first I thought you were talking about Dead Space.

I never got into RTS's, unless you count Warcraft which I played a little bit and of course Civ. FPSs are more my style. I bet Pen is a gamer though.

Mister D
09-01-2011, 08:48 PM
I hadn't heard of this game, I'll check it out...at first I thought you were talking about Dead Space.

I never got into RTS's, unless you count Warcraft which I played a little bit and of course Civ. FPSs are more my style. I bet Pen is a gamer though.

I've played both turn based and real time fantasy games. I liked role playing as a kid but war games were always my favorite. The fantasy war games are kind of cool. The last FPS I played was freakin' Duke Nuke 'Em. :D

Conley
09-01-2011, 08:53 PM

I've played both turn based and real time fantasy games. I liked role playing as a kid but war games were always my favorite. The fantasy war games are kind of cool. The last FPS I played was freakin' Duke Nuke 'Em. :D

:D They actually just came out with a new Duke Nukem and it bombed. Not a surprise I guess since they waited about 12 years between releases.

MMC
09-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Did you see the new ads for that Space Marine PC game? I used to play Warhammer Fantasy Battle as a kid. Are you familiar with Games Workshop? Anyway, I will probably get back into fantasy games when I buy my new PC. I miss killing orcs and goblins. ;D ;)

WarHammer.....I use to play that. The graphics were not real good. I think it was on The First Sony Playstation.

Lately I was remembering sitting here and playing Halo with the kids. Wondering what happend to thos good ole days. :-\

Conley
09-02-2011, 08:07 AM

WarHammer.....I use to play that. The graphics were not real good. I think it was on The First Sony Playstation.

Lately I was remembering sitting here and playing Halo with the kids. Wondering what happend to thos good ole days. :-\

Ah, yer just going through a rough patch...brighter days to come, no doubt. Keep your head up!

Mister D
09-02-2011, 08:58 AM

I think I played that too on the Sony Playstation. I remember the interface being a little awkward.

MMC
09-02-2011, 09:25 AM

I think I played that too on the Sony Playstation. I remember the interface being a little awkward.

Yeah But it was one of the Games that was at the top during it's time. I would like seeing the units go into melee and then watch them start to lose numbers. But good map graphics.

Plus it's like I am never in a mood to sit down and play anymore.

Mister D
09-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Yeah But it was one of the Games that was at the top during it's time. I would like seeing the units go into melee and then watch them start to lose numbers. But good map graphics.

You saw the melees in the game as I recall. Maybe we are talking about different games.

You need to slow down, MMC. Smell the roses, so to speak.

MMC
09-02-2011, 09:36 AM

You saw the melees in the game as I recall. Maybe we are talking about different games.

It was the same one I believe.....the Computer game didnt come out for a few years later.

Whatcha mean slow down and smell the roses my brutha? Like the Who said, I'm mobile,mobile, mobile. :D

Mister D
09-02-2011, 09:50 AM

It was the same one I believe.....the Computer game didnt come out for a few years later.

Whatcha mean slow down and smell the roses my brutha? Like the Who said, I'm mobile,mobile, mobile. :D

Ah, forget the warehouse. One of these nights stay home and play some games. :)

Conley
09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Is it this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/MOC-Duel.png

Warhammer Mark of Chaos? There have been so many

Mister D
09-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Is it this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/MOC-Duel.png

Warhammer Mark of Chaos? There have been so many

No. Mark of Chaos is the same company and the same fantasy setting but it's a more recernt game.

Here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Shadow_of_the_Horned_Rat

It came out in 1995

Pendragon
09-02-2011, 10:15 AM

Warhammer Fantasy Battle is a wonderful game.

I spent countless hours playing and have excellent memories of it.

Games Workshop also has a Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game which is outstanding for fans of the series.

Mister D
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
For anyone interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battle

Conley
09-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Looks like that Rat packed a pretty big punch! :o ;D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/WHSHR-Screen2.png

Mister D
09-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Warhammer Fantasy Battle is a wonderful game.

I spent countless hours playing and have excellent memories of it.

Games Workshop also has a Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game which is outstanding for fans of the series.

So do I but I have to admit that it got quite expensive for kids.

Mister D
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Looks like that Rat packed a pretty big punch! :o ;D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/WHSHR-Screen2.png

;D I think those guys on the left are goblin wolf riders.